Type keyword(s) to search

Joe & Kendra: Looking Forward To Side Hugs

• Start Topic

Good God Nurie R. in that dress looks like Counselor Troi after a crash diet and alien torture.  *shudder*  And Ginnifer/Margene/OUAT Snow White is pretty.  Maybe Kendra and Joe will be happy together, who knows?  

• Love 2

Oh nurie.  That is a scary looking picture with the big head and skinny body, that terrible make up and hair. I really hope those girls are faring all right with that crazy man. 

I luv ginnifer goidwin!   Ive always thought she was gorgeous! 

• Love 3
On 7/1/2017 at 4:49 PM, latetotheparty said:

I think Kendra just hasn't "grown into her face yet. When she ages and her face gains definition she'll probably be quite attractive. I was like that: big head, big round face. I didn't really start liking my face until my 40s. The advantage is this type of face ages well. I'm nearly 66 but people guess me late 40s early 50s even with my disability issues and genetic dark eye circles. 

I agree. To me, Kendra looks like a 12 year-old who's hanging on to her baby fat. I don't think she's ugly by any means, but more that she's still growing into her features. Unfortunately for her, the Duggar boys' looks crash into a brick wall at 80 mph once they hit puberty, so Joe is on a permanent downhill slide.

• Love 9
22 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I agree. To me, Kendra looks like a 12 year-old who's hanging on to her baby fat. I don't think she's ugly by any means, but more that she's still growing into her features. Unfortunately for her, the Duggar boys' looks crash into a brick wall at 80 mph once they hit puberty, so Joe is on a permanent downhill slide.

I thought some of her look could be attributable to "baby fat" that she hasn't grown out of yet.  It doesn't help that she's petite in stature and squatty in build, but she can't help it if she's naturally pear or apple shaped. Genetics dictates that.  

That said, I don't think the cut of clothing she wears is very flattering to her, but I've got to remember, she's so limited in what she's allowed to wear or maybe can afford.  Even if that wasn't the case, it still takes time for one to cultivate personal style that suits them best.

• Love 7

That's just the date they put on the registry. There was a September date before that (Labor Day weekend, IIRC), which I think is the real  date. That date would conform to the 3 month engagement rule they have all adhered to.

• Love 1
49 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

That's just the date they put on the registry. There was a September date before that (Labor Day weekend, IIRC), which I think is the real  date. That date would conform to the 3 month engagement rule they have all adhered to.

Yep, they can't keep a boy child horny for long. I'm sure she'll be knocked up by October 7.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Christina87 said:

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!! Apparently according to the duggar family blog, they are getting married October 7. That is my birthday! Make it stop!

UGHHH. My wedding anniversary is October 7th!

• Love 1

My 1970's wedding dress would have passed muster with even fundies, (which I wasn't and am not.)

High neckline, floor length, and empire waist (which suited even a pregnant bride, but I wasn't.)

@GeeGolly, that dress is really pretty.  It'll be interesting to see what Kendra comes up with.  

• Love 1

I think that "potential" bridesmaid is really pretty. Not thrilled with the flowers along the neckline and the blank belt seems extraneous, but I like the colors, the pattern on the bodice, and the simple cut.

The plain white dress is also really pretty. Not something I'd pick to wear (I like detailing, especially lace), but it's simple and modest something that should seemingly fit the Duggar standard.

Not a big fan of the blue detailed wedding dress ... it looks more like a quinceanera dress than something I'd envision for (my ideal) wedding.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I found Kendra a dress. No eye traps.

modest-wedding-dresses-40-08292015-ky.jp

It's gorgeous. I wonder if old BG would consider the waistband an eyetrap, though. Even in its subtlety, it does draw the eye toward something other than the countenance. .... Thank goodness. 

41 minutes ago, latetotheparty said:

The white dress is at least a decade too old for Kendra. 

Yeah, you're right. She's very young. She needs a wedding dress that looks more like a prom dress, really. 

• Love 2
9 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I found Kendra a dress. No eye traps.

modest-wedding-dresses-40-08292015-ky.jp

Sadly, I suspect this dress is too elegant for a Duggar wedding. Taking past history into account and considering that Kendra is so young, I doubt that she will wear something this sophisticated. I agree with those who have said it suits a bride who is older, and I picture someone in their late 20's or early 30's wearing it. Kendra is eighteen after all. For some reason I could see her wearing a dress somewhat similar to Jill's.

• Love 1

Hnnnnng!! That white dress is gorgeous. I'm a sucker for that kind of shape (Grace Kelly, anyone?). And box pleats.  *drools some more*

I agree, though, that it would look too old/sophisticated for someone Kendra's age. Hopefully she gets something that suits her and without any monstruosity of those stupid ''modesty'' alterations added to it.

• Love 3
15 hours ago, latetotheparty said:

The white dress is at least a decade too old for Kendra. 

I think it could be styled younger, though.  Brightly colored flowers in her hair, some simple jewlery, maybe a gold locket.  Her hair should be styled less severely than the model, maybe half up, some tendrils hanging down.

There are ways to make the dress more age appropriate.  Of course, more than a few of us probably feel that Kendra isn't really age appropriate for a wedding dress, either.

• Love 9
12 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

That dress is very pretty and would suit so many figures. Very simple and chic, but still modest.

i predict a big poofy princessy ball gown with sleeves like Jessa. Kendra is 18 going on 12. 

Jessa's dress had cap sleeves. In November. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Lunera said:

I think she'll go the 'Jill' way and wear a horribly altered strapless dress.

Screenshot_20170705-110023_crop_576x576.png.37ec1c6230391270f4b26400d28506d9.png

So that dress was designed strapless?  Wow.

Who can forget all the modesty shit Jill did, and foisted upon her bridesmaids?  I can't believe they had to alter dresses.  Why go to all that trouble, when it's easy to find matronly dresses that cover everything?  Or just wear Hefty Bags, and be done with it.  Jeez Louise, they just LOVE to show off how Gothard they are.  No eye traps here!  Such crap.

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Does anyone think Jill is a little pissed that she had to adhere to the Gothard eye trap rules and Jessa and Jinger bent the rules a little?

Considering everything she's worn since her wedding, no. 

• Love 23
5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

A bridal party that matches their emotional maturity?

Disney-Princess-with-Giselle-in-wedding-

5 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

So that dress was designed strapless?  Wow.

Who can forget all the modesty shit Jill did, and foisted upon her bridesmaids?  I can't believe they had to alter dresses.  Why go to all that trouble, when it's easy to find matronly dresses that cover everything?  Or just wear Hefty Bags, and be done with it.  Jeez Louise, they just LOVE to show off how Gothard they are.  No eye traps here!  Such crap.

I sort of almost feel sorry for Jill, because she was the first to get married, and the deepest Kool-Aid drinker, oh and she also remembered the 'lean' years. Her wedding really reflected an upbringing of scrimp and scavenge what you can, and then alter it to be flamboyantly modest. She really did go straight for the clearance rack and then tried to - we threw it on Jana - to chop up something just to say she modified it. I don't think she'd know what to do without modifying every single thing she wears, whether or not she needs to.

5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

A bridal party that matches their emotional maturity?

Disney-Princess-with-Giselle-in-wedding-

Who is the princess between Snow White and Mulan?

Adding that Kendra and Joe are so boring, I find myself talking about every other Duggar more than them, on their board. It's not on purpose.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I sort of almost feel sorry for Jill, because she was the first to get married, and the deepest Kool-Aid drinker, oh and she also remembered the 'lean' years. Her wedding really reflected an upbringing of scrimp and scavenge what you can, and then alter it to be flamboyantly modest. She really did go straight for the clearance rack and then tried to - we threw it on Jana - to chop up something just to say she modified it. I don't think she'd know what to do without modifying every single thing she wears, whether or not she needs to.

Who is the princess between Snow White and Mulan?

Google says Merida from Brave.