Type keyword(s) to search

Joe & Kendra: Looking Forward To Side Hugs

• Start Topic

On 6/14/2017 at 4:14 AM, Sew Sumi said:

Also on FJ by the sleuths. Her birthday is 8/11. Her parents were married in either 12/97 or 1/98, no one has an exact wedding date.  I believe these appoximations were taken from the mom's FB, but I think she's locked that sucker down now. 

Would that make her a "preemie?" I think it's fundie language for pre-honeymoon baby. (Ipad wants to change fundie to fun die.)  :D

• Love 1

Can't wait for the Groomsmen photo-the older Duggar boys with their paunchy carb bellies and straining the buttons on their suit jackets down to the leaner less JimBlob looking boys.

Put JoeBlob on a Weight Watcher diet orget used to Manspanx...expecting Kendra to have the pre wedding severe weight loss as per past brides of the show...

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Genevrier said:

Would that make her a "preemie?" I think it's fundie language for pre-honeymoon baby. (Ipad wants to change fundie to fun die.)  :D

Maybe. She could be a true preemie. If the original due date was in September or October, her birth month is in the range of being 1 to 2 months early and then she could be a honeymoon baby still.  

4 hours ago, Annb67 said:

Jesus! I can't with these child brides...18 freaking years old and according to her she had been waiting "a long time"? For what? At her age I was waiting "a long time" for the next Bon Jovi video. 

or Prom night

• Love 2

Am I being a mean girl, or does Kendra remind any of you of a chipmunk?  She's just not that attractive, but then Joe is no oil painting either as he barely escaped the John David Greasy Melon Head fate.  

I guess Joe won't be so spotty once he and Kendra get to experience "the mystery of life".

• Love 7

I wonder if Kendra ever thinks of how it sounds to Jana when she says she's "waited a long time." All of the duggars and duggar adjacents seem to tone deaf as to what might bother someone else in their immediate circle. 

I bet if Kendra could have dancing at her reception, she would choose "At Last." That is a personal pet peeve of mine! Not only is it overdone, but I don't think you should be allowed to have it unless you're 30+. A friend of mine met her husband as a freshman in college, and they married right after college, but used that song. What exactly did she have to wait for? Oooooh, she had to wait all through high school for her love to come along...how did she manage it?! That song should be reserved for 30+ only. 

• Love 12
17 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

I wonder if Kendra ever thinks of how it sounds to Jana when she says she's "waited a long time." All of the duggars and duggar adjacents seem to tone deaf as to what might bother someone else in their immediate circle. 

I bet if Kendra could have dancing at her reception, she would choose "At Last." That is a personal pet peeve of mine! Not only is it overdone, but I don't think you should be allowed to have it unless you're 30+. A friend of mine met her husband as a freshman in college, and they married right after college, but used that song. What exactly did she have to wait for? Oooooh, she had to wait all through high school for her love to come along...how did she manage it?! That song should be reserved for 30+ only. 

I would say 40+. I'm 31 and don't feel as if I've been waiting a long time for love. Granted I'm not looking so....

1 hour ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Am I being a mean girl, or does Kendra remind any of you of a chipmunk?  She's just not that attractive, but then Joe is no oil painting either as he barely escaped the John David Greasy Melon Head fate.  

I guess Joe won't be so spotty once he and Kendra get to experience "the mystery of life".

I don't think there is anything wrong with the way Kendra looks. Her full cheeks will serve her well as she ages, she won't ever look haggered and gaunt. A different hairstyle/makeup could change her face shape but she's just a teenage girl, despite the trend in the gothard circles it's good to see they don't all look the same. 

• Love 11
(edited)
1 hour ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

If you're a mean girl, then so am I. We can only hope that Joe will lose the acne. It still amazes me that with all the comp'd stuff that the Duggars scored in their heyday, they never managed to take care of the acne that afflicts so many of the kids. I thought about that again last week when I was watching some of the THs on the new episode of Counting On.

JB and MEchelle seemed to take great care of getting the kids' teeth straightened, but have apparently just blown off all that very obvious acne.

I wonder if neither of them had any serious acne issues when they were young, so it doesn't really occur to them that many of their kids have some serious skin issues that are especially difficult for those who appear regularly on TV? Oh, wait. This is JB and MEchelle. Narcissistic f*ckwits extraordinaire. Of course it doesn't occur to them! If they didn't experience it, it's probably not real anyway.

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 4

Yes, Kendra's face is sort of...square, round AND full. Her cheeks do look like she's hoarding acorns for the winter, poor little girl. I bet we do see the fundie 'pre wedding crash diet' with her too. Joe seems to se a sweet guy and genuinely nice and good. She looks to be all bubbly and 'in love with the Lord'...and Joe. You know those 8th grade love-you hormones. Hopefully they'll still be happy with each other in 10 years.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

I don't know how the Caldwells operate, although I expect it may not be that different from the Duggs, but in the Duggar household I wonder if the kids don't feel as if they wait forever for things because their lives are otherwise such as desert.

There are certainly no Bon Jovi videos to wait for -- or today's equivalent, or even some classical-music equivalent, or whatever. Their "school" is clearly horrible, completely unengaging, and even sold to them as essentially worthless into the bargain. They have no outside activities or friends, no outside work with paychecks. They don't read, very few seem to have hobbies. They don't seem to like animals at all, so no enjoyment from pets. They can't aspire to college, and it appears that they can't even aspire to any kind of job outside the family enterprises or to technical training for such a job. All they get is to go with Jim Bob to watch a plumber for an hour and, presto, they can plumb his ratty buildings.

Even the work around the house is boring and perfunctory -- they don't cook; they heat frozen lasagna; do they ever design and sew beautiful quilts or make cabinetry? -- uh, no; they mow a big lawn but while Jana occasionally gardens to make a point for tv I don't see anybody else doing it. Even their "bible' activities seem to be primarily rote memorization. Or listening to Jim Bob -- who I'm convinced can't read out loud worth a damn -- read out loud. Seems like no discussion ever happens. And I expect he reads the same passages over and over -- the ones about obeying your father and mother, mostly.

Once in a while they get to go to the Ark adventure or a Gothard "family" gathering or some boys' camp or something. But it is once in a blue moon for anything a bit more interesting, and if it's anything even faintly interesting, Jim Bob and/or Meeeechelle goes along snooping, no matter how old the kids in question are. As we've often remarked, even the "close friendships" among the siblings don't look all that close or interesting or fun, which may be proven when they just seem to vanish -- poof! -- any time life changes happen. They are flat out told that they have no future except to join the family "ministry" -- which is kind of, ummm, nothing -- and get married and quickly bring a ton of kids into that ministry. That's it. That's all they've got. 

So I guess it's not really surprising that they feel they're waiting forever for these things that they're told are the most important and amazing things that could ever happen to you. They're desperately waiting for something to happen. And all the time that exciting something never happens, time is just about wholly unfilled and so it crawls. Poor little suckers. 

So true. Just think of all the milestones that are noted and celebrated in a typical child's life.

With school alone, there's the first day. Graduating elementary school. Summer. First day of middle school. Graduating middle school. Summer. First day of high school. Graduating high school. Proms. Summer. And then college.

And dance recitals. Martial Arts achievements. Sports teams. First crushes. First dates. First heartaches. First jobs. 

Most children have internalized a 'school calendar' by 2nd or 3rd grade. They anticipate school in the Fall, Christmas/Hanukkah/Kwanzaa in the Winter and summer vacation. They achieve so many things by the time they're 18.

The Duggars go from, infancy to "one day you'll get married and have kids".

• Love 19
36 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

So true. Just think of all the milestones that are noted and celebrated in a typical child's life.

With school alone, there's the first day. Graduating elementary school. Summer. First day of middle school. Graduating middle school. Summer. First day of high school. Graduating high school. Proms. Summer. And then college.

And dance recitals. Martial Arts achievements. Sports teams. First crushes. First dates. First heartaches. First jobs. 

Most children have internalized a 'school calendar' by 2nd or 3rd grade. They anticipate school in the Fall, Christmas/Hanukkah/Kwanzaa in the Winter and summer vacation. They achieve so many things by the time they're 18.

The Duggars go from, infancy to "one day you'll get married and have kids".

The Duggar kids have never seen a school science lab, a high school football game, a high school play or musical, high school library, high school newspaper, etc., etc. 

They just don't realize that most Americans think they are uneducated hicks and that their family pictures with all 19 kids are advertisements for family planning and the use of birth control.

• Love 12
(edited)
2 hours ago, Jeeves said:

If you're a mean girl, then so am I. We can only hope that Joe will lose the acne. It still amazes me that with all the comp'd stuff that the Duggars scored in their heyday, they never managed to take care of the acne that afflicts so many of the kids. I thought about that again last week when I was watching some of the THs on the new episode of Counting On.

JB and MEchelle seemed to take great care of getting the kids' teeth straightened, but have apparently just blown off all that very obvious acne.

I wonder if neither of them had any serious acne issues when they were young, so it doesn't really occur to them that many of their kids have some serious skin issues that are especially difficult for those who appear regularly on TV? Oh, wait. This is JB and MEchelle. Narcissistic f*ckwits extraordinaire. Of course it doesn't occur to them! If they didn't experience it, it's probably not real anyway.

My guess is, maybe teeth issues are seen as skeletal/jaw-related and thus health, plus how long your teeth will stay in your head; but worrying about acne is considered unbecoming unChristlike vanity.  

Edited by queenanne
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

In another thread I said she looked like a member of the Get Along Gang.

get-along-gang-logo-0.jpg

• Love 2
(edited)
29 minutes ago, queenanne said:

My guess is, maybe teeth issues are seen as skeletal/jaw-related and thus health, plus how long your teeth will stay in your head; but worrying about acne is considered unbecoming unChristlike vanity.  

Except that as we know, the girls aren't shy about wearing makeup, including Jinger's infamous raccoon eyeliner, and wearing makeup has to be about as vain as you can get. And their guru Bill Gothard demands that all eyes must be drawn to one's "countenance" - which IIRC should be pleasing. And surrounded by banana curled long hair.

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 9
4 hours ago, floridamom said:

Yes, Kendra's face is sort of...square, round AND full. Her cheeks do look like she's hoarding acorns for the winter, poor little girl. I bet we do see the fundie 'pre wedding crash diet' with her too. Joe seems to se a sweet guy and genuinely nice and good. She looks to be all bubbly and 'in love with the Lord'...and Joe. You know those 8th grade love-you hormones. Hopefully they'll still be happy with each other in 10 years.

Yes, exactly. She's got a weird shaped face that makes her look odd.  She's not an ugly girl, by any means, just not someone who would stand out in a crowd as being exceptionally pretty.  Her father is a very nice looking man.  It would have been kinder for me to say something more along those lines.

Her features, particularly her jaw line, look a little bit masculine, so I'm hoping she doesn't have a hormone imbalance of any kind since she likely won't get proper treatment.  She looks like someone blew her up with a bicycle pump as though she's been on steroids or other medication that would cause someone to be so puffy.  For all we know, she may have a medical condition, and it's really none of our business.  For the record, I'm not trying to body shame her.  Got no room to talk mys elf, as I'm still "fluffy" despite losing 35 lbs.

She does seem to be a very sweet, decent girl, though .  Wish someone would teach her how to walk in heels.  Poor thing walks like she's crapped in her drawers. My mom would never have let me wear a pair of heels out unless I learned to walk in them properly first. Feel bad for her being so young and already being encouraged to marry so young without the benefit of getting to go to college or learn a trade or be on her own for a while.

2 hours ago, Jeeves said:

Except that as we know, the girls aren't shy about wearing makeup, including Jinger's infamous raccoon eyeliner, and wearing makeup has to be about as vain as you can get. And their guru Bill Gothard demands that all eyes must be drawn to one's "countenance" - which IIRC should be pleasing. And surrounded by banana curled long hair.

Yes, since they were all about "countenance", one would take that to mean a clean complexion  with well maintained skin. I just don't think there's enough bathrooms in the TTH to justify the frequent shampooing and daily personal hygiene required to keep one's countenance clean and free of excess oils and dirt.

• Love 3
(edited)

I hope this is real and not some scammer. But if it's real, they've blown the wedding date, unless they put in a date LATER than their actual wedding to throw people off the scent in the wrong direction. But the date IS at around the 14 week mark, so perfectly within Duggar engagement ranges of the past. 

https://www.amazon.com/wedding/joe-duggar-kendra-caldwell-rogers-september-2017/registry/1JDAAQ3EY81KB

eta: Why does one need THREE crockpots and three sets of 8 towels for two people? The rest looks pretty legit, though. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 4

Of course there are gift cards.....I only looked as far as Papa John's and Domino's, I'm sure there are more.

I wonder if it's really their registry.

Looked further, Olive Garden, Market Place....sounds right.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I hope this is real and not some scammer. But if it's real, they've blown the wedding date, unless they put in a date LATER than their actual wedding to throw people off the scent in the wrong direction. But the date IS at around the 14 week mark, so perfectly within Duggar engagement ranges of the past. 

https://www.amazon.com/wedding/joe-duggar-kendra-caldwell-rogers-september-2017/registry/1JDAAQ3EY81KB

eta: Why does one need THREE crockpots and three sets of 8 towels for two people? The rest looks pretty legit, though. 

$200 for a rice cooker? $400 for a BLENDER?? Never mind the Duggars; I want to know who feels that these prices are justified! (I have a $30 rice cooker that my mom gave us for our wedding almost 23 years ago; still works great. we did spend a little more on a good Oster blender--don't remember exactly but it was definitely less than $100 and it works fine.)

• Love 10
16 hours ago, Mollie said:

They just don't realize that most Americans think they are uneducated hicks and that their family pictures with all 19 kids are advertisements for family planning and the use of birth control.

If only there was a way to let them all know that. To have a camera film reactions from the family, ah Mrs. Duggar you and your family inspire me to....use birth control. Mr. Duggar man to man you inspire me to...get my self nipped. Thank you so much.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, LilJen said:

$200 for a rice cooker? $400 for a BLENDER?? Never mind the Duggars; I want to know who feels that these prices are justified! (I have a $30 rice cooker that my mom gave us for our wedding almost 23 years ago; still works great. we did spend a little more on a good Oster blender--don't remember exactly but it was definitely less than $100 and it works fine.)

Really! I had no idea that such a thing as a rice cooker even existed until I was 40. They were ubiquitous in Hawaii when we were stationed there...One of the kids had a school assignment to draw a map of their kitchen and where all the appliances were, and even the teacher asked where the rice cooker was. I bought a small one after that. It died about ten years later, but the top fits one of my regular pots, and I find that putting cold water & rice in then putting it on low heat works almost exactly the same and I've used it that way for the past four years or so.

• Love 2

I wonder if one reason why the duggars don't get the acne under control is that they're scared the doctor will recommend birth control pills for the girls. That is a common acne treatment, even for girls as young as 11 or 12! I bet they don't realize you can just say no to the treatment...or they think it will give the girls ideas for when they're older. 

• Love 10

There's allergy medicine on that list! Ha. I'm thinking of getting them one of the $5-$10 items just to see if I would get a thank you note in the mail. I'm curious how they handle gifts from "fans."

• Love 5

I give Kendrab props for asking for the 3 crock pots, that means she will cook for the crowd and maybe use fresh ingredients other than dumping frozen foods in bowls and zapping them.

The $200 rice cooker is worth the upgrade because of the fuzzy technology used in them does make a superior end result with the flexibility to use to cook different grains.

$200 is on the low end...the better ones are more...hundreds more.

$400 is for a good motor in the blender that pays for itself by not breaking after a year.

Over the Counter meds are odd things to ask for since medications expire and need to be used in a timely manner.

Her wants aren't excessive or unusual...maybe unusual for some people but not out of bounds...

• Love 6
(edited)
14 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

What I cannot get over are the gift cards for it seems like every semi fast food/fast food place they can possibly think of.  They also registered for a lot of really expensive items yet super cheap pots and pans (get a good set if you are able!).  The power tools bug me for some reason.  I do want the Oggi acrylic canister set.   It shouldn't but it bugs me that these people have a tv show and make some money but don't just ask for donations to their favorite charity in lieu of gifts.  They could buy themselves the kitchen items of their choice.  

5 hours ago, LilJen said:

I saw the Kitchenaid mixer which is really a wonderful thing but I NEVER, EVER would have put something so expensive on my registry.  I bought my own kitchenaid when I was in my 30s.  

Edited by Natalie68
  • Love 7
(edited)

This family has NO SHAME.

They have their grubby hands out to nice but naive people who buy their sappy story and feel better about themselves by spending their hard earned money to people who WANT FOR NOTHING...

This is as close to famous people the majority of the nice people who feel compelled to send them gifts will get.

Once received in their greedy hands, instead of donating the gift cards to charities who could use them for law enforcement or military families to have a dinner out they flaunt their dinners out on their SM.

The captions should say...THANKS to the SUCKERS who sent us gifts cards so we could Rub your face in our eating out while you are working your hourly wage job...

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 6

I just don't get the gift cards, especially Subway.  Most of their stuff is reasonably priced (actually on the cheap side).  Maybe close family members would spring for the mixer or one of the bigger items. My daughter got married last year and her uncles were very generous. I am amused by the fancy boxed pizza cutter for all the Domino's and Papa John's.

BTW, they aren't asking for allergy meds, they are pillow and mattress covers.  

18?  That is scary.  I was a month shy of my 21st birthday when I got married 37 years ago, but I had an associate's degree and a job.  And we were married for over 8 years before we started having kids.  

• Love 2

To be fair,  I don't have a problem with Kendra having a registry.  She hasn't been on TLC for years, and you know Joe is basically leaving the TTH with his vehicle and the clothes on his back.  The Caldwell family are of modest means.  Blenders like the VitaMix are well worth the money.  I've had mine for over 15 years and shows no signs of stopping any time soon. 

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Personally if I were doing a registry I would request better pots and pans.

I know this is silly but, I didn't see utensils on there?

Why?  When there are so many options in disposable plastic ware?

• Love 4
(edited)

Personally if I were doing a registry I would request better pots and pans.

Yes, I noticed that too.  A $45 set of pots and pans won't last long.  There is a set of silicone utensils on the second page.

Edited by 3 is enough
1 hour ago, Natalie68 said:

It shouldn't but it bugs me that these people have a tv show and make some money but don't just ask for donations to their favorite charity in lieu of gifts.  They could buy themselves the kitchen items of their choice.  

They have! They are their own favourite 'ministry' 'charity'. 3 crockpots... Are they expecting the Duggars over or planning a lot of children?

• Love 2
(edited)

Three crockpots but place settings for only six people. Whaaaa?

I checked the usual suspects for registries (Wally World, Tar-jay, and BBB) and came up empty. IU  guess more stuff will be purchased once the invitations go out in early July, if the wedding date is to be believed. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
U is not a word. Why didn't spellcheck, well, CHECK ME?
2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Three crockpots but place settings for only six people. Whaaaa?

I checked the usual suspects for registries (Wally World, Tar-jay, and BBB) and came up empty. U guess more stuff will be purchased once the invitations go out in early July, if the wedding date is to be believed. 

Maybe this event won't be such a gift grab. I don't see Joe or Kendra being OK with inviting 1000 of their closest friends.  Even if her parents invite their entire congregation, it's a small church.  Perhaps it will be smaller and modest like the SmugAnna nuptials.

• Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

Yes, I noticed that too.  A $45 set of pots and pans won't last long.  There is a set of silicone utensils on the second page.

I was married in 1986 and still have the same pots and pans. They are in great shape, unlike the marriage, lol!

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 3

Why did they register for both a French Press and a Keurig? Is this another JimBob and Michelle kind of deal where Pastor and Mrs. Caldwell are throwing their "wish list" on the registry as well? 

I'm also boggled by the request for a $300 mixer, followed by a cheap ass set of pots and pans. I'm not saying they should go for All Clad, but certainly there's reasonably priced sets that are durable. Those flimsy frying pans won't last two years. 

• Love 2

Use the French press on days when you have time to make coffee at a more leisurely pace and the Keurig for the days that you just don't  want to bother messing about with the French press. Sometimes only one person wants coffee so why make a big batch when you can make a single cup with the machine ?

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Maybe this event won't be such a gift grab. I don't see Joe or Kendra being OK with inviting 1000 of their closest friends.  Even if her parents invite their entire congregation, it's a small church.  Perhaps it will be smaller and modest like the SmugAnna nuptials.

I dunno. The registry references Rogers, which is the location of the Cross Church branch that hosted both Jill's and Joy's weddings. 

4 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I dunno. The registry references Rogers, which is the location of the Cross Church branch that hosted both Jill's and Joy's weddings. 

Kendra's father is the pastor of Light House Baptist Church in Fayetteville.

I doubt his place is anywhere close to being big enough for even a male Duggar's wedding. Smuganna's wedding in Florida was MUCH smaller, but they also hadn't received much TLC money from the 17 Kids iteration yet. They didn't invite every damn person they'd ever met to that affair as they seem to do now. 

I also wonder how much of the bill Kendra's dad will pick up. He's not making money off his church if he also has to work as a mechanic to feed his family. Can he really afford to throw a thousand person blow out? Of course, TLC will pay the Duggars and the couple well, but not necessarily the Caldwells. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

What I cannot get over are the gift cards for it seems like every semi fast food/fast food place they can possibly think of.  They also registered for a lot of really expensive items yet super cheap pots and pans (get a good set if you are able!).  The power tools bug me for some reason.  I do want the Oggi acrylic canister set.   It shouldn't but it bugs me that these people have a tv show and make some money but don't just ask for donations to their favorite charity in lieu of gifts.  They could buy themselves the kitchen items of their choice.  

I saw the Kitchenaid mixer which is really a wonderful thing but I NEVER, EVER would have put something so expensive on my registry.  I bought my own kitchenaid when I was in my 30s.  

We were quite deliberate about not putting pricey stuff on our registry. WE could never have afforded it, and all our friends couldn't have afforded it! It's not terribly satisfying to be all "oh, I bought a fancy teacup for my friend who's getting married" because the teacup alone was $30, not to mention the other fancy china or whatnots on the list. We didn't bother registering for china--we knew we'd never use it! I did end up inheriting some from grandmothers later on, and it comes out for a grand total of two meals per year: Thanksgiving and Christmas.

• Love 7

My family's tradition is to give the household gifts at the bridal shower and give cash/checks for the wedding. Why do these girls have such extensive gift registries and ask for multiple items of the same thing? When cash is given at the wedding, you go out after and purchase what you want and you know how much you can spend. I find this custom of theirs not productive.

I had a bridal shower without a registry. My sister asked me for some ideas in case people asked when they responded to the invitation. Groups of people went in on some big gifts that I didn't even mention. Our family is one for gifts at the shower and money at the wedding. Everyone has their own ways. When she had her shower, she gave me ideas for if people asked, too.