Type keyword(s) to search

Joe & Kendra: Looking Forward To Side Hugs

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, galaxychaser said:

Just think by next Xmas there will be a baby Josepha or kendrew! 

Personally I'm looking forward to the Duggars pulling the "They're all pregnant!!!!111!!!" picture with Kendra, Joy, and Jessa sometime next year.

• Love 10
5 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

Just think by next Xmas there will be a baby Josepha or kendrew! 

I think the baby will be so plain and generic they want even bother name it.  Just a background prop. 

• Love 12
On 8/28/2017 at 8:32 PM, Fuzzysox said:

Remember when Boob was tight with the Bontrangers!? I'm thinking the love died once Boob made it known that his sons could never marry a Duggar girl. From what I remember those boys were not lookers.

He was tight with them but could never pronounce their last name correctly.  Oh Boob.........

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Barb23 said:

He was tight with them but could never pronounce their last name correctly.  Oh Boob.........

Since Louisiana is our good neighbor to the east, I'd imagine the surname would be Cajun French and pronounced accordingly? 

I can only imagine how Boob would pronounce it horribly.

• Love 1

The Bontragers are Mennonites. Not this specific family who went Gothard, but they directly descend from them (check out Mennonite dress and headcoverings in the wedding video). Do they have a large population down South? I always thought of Mennonites populating the Northeast and Midwest. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

The Bontragers are Mennonites. Not this specific family who went Gothard, but they directly descend from them (check out Mennonite dress and headcoverings in the wedding video). Do they have a large population down South? I always thought of Mennonites populating the Northeast and Midwest. 

I live in the American South and we have a local Mennonite community. Their popular bakery and restaurant was damaged last night in a tornado :/

On 8/29/2017 at 1:28 PM, laurakaye said:

So when's JoKen's wedding?  Kinda looking forward to some "artfully" posed pics of the bride and groom, if you know what I mean (and I think you do).

I'm confused about the date too. 

Looks like it won't be this weekend after all. 

15 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Mennonites and even the Amish have moved all around over the past few decades, mostly for economic reasons. There are a few traditional Amish/Mennonite trades/businesses and most won't go much beyond that; plus, many have honed the right skills for those things, so it's what they can earn the most money at if they can find customers. So once you have a community of a certain size in an area, the work possibilities get very limited. But a group can go elsewhere and have a decent chance of establishing themselves economically.

• Love 3

Central Florida has quite a few Mennonite communities I know of, mostly from Tallahassee, Orlando and Tampa, down to Sarasota.  Forget about the Gulf Coast and Panhandle of Florida though, and West through Alabama & Mississippi.  Very few in that area.  Southern Baptist rules.  

Edited by leighdear
55 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Oh, I understand the economics, I just hadn't heard of them really leaving their known regions. We certainly don't have them anywhere near here. Land is far too expensive.

There are Mennonites in the Modesto area.

• Love 2

The Duggar informant who led me to correctly guess the JoStin wedding date has confirmed that JoKen will be tomorrow (Friday 9/8). She will not cofirm time of day or location (she receives invitations, but doesn't go). She didn't reveal either last time as well (which is fair). 

• Love 17
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

The Duggar informant who led me to correctly guess the JoStin wedding date has confirmed that JoKen will be tomorrow (Friday 9/8). She will not cofirm time of day or location (she receives invitations, but doesn't go). She didn't reveal either last time as well (which is fair). 

Great detective work.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

Wedding is confirmed by a trusted source for today. 

Smuggar got married on a Friday, and so did Joyless. Is this a new Duggar mini-tradition, maybe to get the photos in the next week's People? Or is it just coincidence? 

• Love 2
On 9/2/2017 at 2:42 PM, Sew Sumi said:

Oh, I understand the economics, I just hadn't heard of them really leaving their known regions. We certainly don't have them anywhere near here. Land is far too expensive.

Google and Mennonite Church stats tells me that, as of 2010, Mennonites lived in 9 California counties. And that as of 2014, Amish lived in 30 states, though not California. 

Renee's Bridal Shop just posted from Siloam Springs, AR, about a wedding today.  This must be for Joe and Kendra. Siloam Springs is 20 miles from Tontitown and is where Josh and Anna live, Jill and Derick used to live, and John-David owns a house.

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, Mollie said:

I wish Renee had stayed up all night reviewing her apostrophe rules.

Also, there ARE tears in heaven every time a seamstress violates subject-verb agreement rules.

Edited by Portia
I never think things through.
  • Love 17

Apparently this seamstress assumes neither the bride nor anyone connected with her follows her on Twitter.

I'm hoping the left side of that picture is the after, because if the right side is the after it is underwhelming, and not the kind of tears she is anticipating (unless it isn't noticed at all, in which case Renee will be weeping).  In fact, the right side pic is showing an unimpressive rough hand-sewing job - is that a visible rough edge?

Sheesh.  Why don't people just freaking elope?

• Love 4
Just now, Mollie said:

Siloam Springs is 20 miles from Tontitown and is where Josh and Anna live, Jill and Derick used to live, and John-David owns a house

Jill and Derick used to live in Rogers and that's also where the house John David owns is located. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, kassygreene said:

Apparently this seamstress assumes neither the bride nor anyone connected with her follows her on Twitter.

I'm hoping the left side of that picture is the after, because if the right side is the after it is underwhelming, and not the kind of tears she is anticipating (unless it isn't noticed at all, in which case Renee will be weeping).  In fact, the right side pic is showing an unimpressive rough hand-sewing job - is that a visible rough edge?

Sheesh.  Why don't people just freaking elope?

I think the picture on the left shows sweet mom's dress with ruffles intact and the picture on the right shows in-progress attachment of sweet ruffles to sweet bride's sweet dress.

So precious!

• Love 14

Oh my word, putting a pudgy pumpkin-headed teenager in a ruffled dress?! I won't even lie, I cannot WAIT to see what an absolute disaster this is going to look like. Joy's ill-fitting potato sack is going to look like Kate Middleton's gown in comparison. 

• Love 9

Renee says that it's a surprise, but someone had to supply the other dress,   Did Kendra's mother take it upon herself to give Renee her dress and order the changes?  Or maybe, it's just a surprise because Kendra knows but just hasn't seen the finished results? I hope this surprise doesn't backfire and the bride is satisfied with the results. Unfortunately, it looks like bubble wrap that has been popped.

• Love 3
26 minutes ago, bythelake said:

Renee says that it's a surprise, but someone had to supply the other dress,   Did Kendra's mother take it upon herself to give Renee her dress and order the changes?  Or maybe, it's just a surprise because Kendra knows but just hasn't seen the finished results? I hope this surprise doesn't backfire and the bride is satisfied with the results. Unfortunately, it looks like bubble wrap that has been popped.

Some surprise.  She posted this on Facebook!  And, now everyone knows what the 'secret' wedding date is.  Good work, Renee.  Did you sign a confidentiality agreement?

• Love 3

Define "just arrived," Duggars. Hell, the bride hardly participates in fundie wedding preparations anyway.  Why would she have to do anything beyond show up at the rehearsal and the ceremony. Sorry, I know there's a question mark there. The keyboard isn't letting me get to my symbols. Wtf.

• Love 1

God is using your keyboard to punish you for your sinful ways. At least according to that asshole Kirk Cameron. He had the gall to film his judgmental video at an airport in Florida, as in leaving the state. Kirk, why not show the rest of us how beyond reproach you are by standing on the nearest beach through the storm?

Edited by SMama
  • Love 18