Type keyword(s) to search

Joe & Kendra: Looking Forward To Side Hugs

• Start Topic

I don't think it's too bad to talk about stuff like this, as long as it's not mean-spirited. I am tall and have big boobs, and I know I have talked about the pitfalls of them on other boards when people get fake boobs, or dress in outfits that make their body type look boxy. I don't fault @RazzleberryPie for pointing out the pitfalls of kendra's body type when choosing outfits. Also, people have remarked that Jill and Jessa's bodies have changed a lot since they started having kids, and how they don't dress to flatter their new bodies (esp Jill). I don't think anyone looks down on Jill or Jessa for gaining weight, either. Maybe people like Kendra better than them, though. As long as it's done respectfully, I don't think it's shaming. 

• Love 2

I posted this morning, but apparently it didn't get sent. 

I just wanted to add that we really can't even make judgments about Kendra's body NOW because everything she wears is so baggy and dowdy. Heck, we didn't even know that Jilly Muffin had a waist, or an hourglass figure, until she wore a belt in her engagement pictures. These girls do a great job at hiding the actual shape of their bodies. 

Now down the line, Kendra's mom looks great for having 7 kids. Maybe Kendra will be as lucky, maybe not. Statistics and gravity are obviously against her, but Mechelle didn't start falling apart until she was well into her 40's. We just won't know until it happens. 

• Love 3

Kendra is over 18 and is getting married. She may be a teen but she's also living as an adult. Nobody says she's ugly or a bad person. 

As for body shaming, I'll stop when they do.  This is the one time I don't care to be tit for tat (no pun intended). These people purpose with their countenances to body shame and slut shame every single time they put on a very visible extra layer, condemn women in pants, yell Nike, blame their sibling molestations on immodesty and temptations from Satan or whatever, and then lecture the world on how modest Kendra is joining this flamboyantly modest family that enjoys condescending and judging everyone else's wardrobes, so she's fair game. 

• Love 19
(edited)
On 7/21/2017 at 4:26 PM, Mya said:

Since we are sharing I also wonder if Joe since he does resemble a young JB suffers from the terrible breath that JB does I remember Michelle mentioning it once.

I posted earlier how I thought Joe resembled young JB and was also going to comment on the breath thing but thought, the poor kid already has the Wonder-Bread Duggar complexion and receding hairline and is marrying a girl who is asking for cute plastic strawberry earrings from Claire's for a wedding gift, so I held back.  But I was SO thinking it!

On 7/21/2017 at 8:01 PM, Genevrier said:

I think he's sniffing the diamond. Why? Why do Duggars do anything? 

Maybe Josie told him to lick it.  Truly, though, it looks like he is trying to kiss her hands but doesn't know what to do with his lips.

9 hours ago, Kokapetl said:

OH hai Joe?!!!??

(I hate myself so much right now)

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 5

How is that not a defrauding butt shot? Is that not considered a front hug? Aren't their hands awfully close to some 'personal' areas?

Are these people stupid, naive, or clueless? If it were a Rodriguii, I'd think it was intentional. Maybe this Kendra is more Stealth than we thought, and that's why she's the hot commodity. 

Where's Jessa to keep them on line, or does she not even care anymore? Michelle isn't screaming because it's somebody else's daughter? At this rate, By the time the Lost Girls are ready to date, they'll just move their boyfriends into the Dorm. 

• Love 20
(edited)
24 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

How is that not a defrauding butt shot? Is that not considered a front hug? Aren't their hands awfully close to some 'personal' areas?

I mean, that shot is so unintentionally funny that I giggle every time I see it.  At least, that's what I'm telling myself is the reason why I'm giggling.

Seriously, everything @RazzleberryPie mentioned is altogether true.  Do they really think everyone is looking at the ring here?  If Joe is turned slightly towards Kendra, then I have nothing to giggle about...but then, if he does that, it's more of a front hug than it already is.

Joe, stop confusing me, this is not healthy.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 5

Here's the thing - I actually LIKE Joe more than the other adult Duggars. He came off very sincere and intelligent during those Josh Scandal interviews.  He ventured off to college for a semester. He showed some compassion toward his sisters. He doesn't spout the condescending sermons or hatred some of the to others do. 

I don't want him to come off as hypocritical or clueless, and these pics bug me. 

• Love 20
26 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

I guess since jinger's courtship, being glued to your significant other's side is all right. 

Maybe they saw positive things posted online about the Baaabes and decided to promote more cozy relationships. Just PR to keep the show going, folks.                I don't really think this, I guess because I'd like to think that Joe and Kendra are just doing what they feel like doing in some kind of PR innocence, but at the same time I wouldn't put it past JB and M to do this.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Here's the thing - I actually LIKE Joe more than the other adult Duggars. He came off very sincere and intelligent during those Josh Scandal interviews.  He ventured off to college for a semester. He showed some compassion toward his sisters. He doesn't spout the condescending sermons or hatred some of the to others do. 

I don't want him to come off as hypocritical or clueless, and these pics bug me. 

I think assuming that Joe of all the Duggar kids is the one person who would have any idea about suggestive, successful, or any kind of photography composition, is a big one.  I'm not even sure how much men in general think about it.  Joe is probably doing simply whatever the photographer suggests.

• Love 4
(edited)
On 7/21/2017 at 10:48 AM, Mya said:

I think he needs some tooth whitening yuck.

I think he has normal, non-celebrity fair-skinned with no fake tan white people teeth....meaning his teeth look like most people's who have fine dental hygiene, but because of his fairer skin, they look less "white" where as Kendra's teeth pop against her much darker (relative to Joe's) tan/spray tan skin. I am very fair skinned and my teeth look yellower in photos except rare ones where I am spray tanned, in which case they look popping white. The contrast of the skin color with the teeth makes a HUGE difference. (And if you look at movies from the 90s, you'll notice most actors don't have the bright white smiles they have today....many of them have gotten veneers since then as popping white smiles have become the thing for celebs. My dentists told me that for some people, teeth whitening won't really work because of the underlying color in your teeth, which is largely inherited).

It looks like Kendra has lost weight. Good for her, although I hope she didn't feel to pressured to do it because of "fans." And since Joe has found the weight she's gained.... 

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 13
(edited)
On 7/23/2017 at 3:58 AM, Obsidian said:

That brown shirt is very similar to Mechelle's shirts. Joe's jeans are very similar to Blob's jeans. Icky. 

Maybe JB & Mechelle picked out their wardrobe? I could see those control freaks doing that....

(Also, I'm not gonna snark on her clothes here because it may truly be the best she has or her headship picked this for her...or maybe even JB...and I've seen way worse.) 

16 hours ago, Kokapetl said:

I'm defrauded! 

37 minutes ago, queenanne said:

I think assuming that Joe of all the Duggar kids is the one person who would have any idea about suggestive, successful, or any kind of photography composition, is a big one.  I'm not even sure how much men in general think about it.  Joe is probably doing simply whatever the photographer suggests.

I think the photographer totally did this on purpose (and I love him/her for it)! I'd have been all "oh, yeah turn around, turn more, turn like totally around..." but I'm a heathen who loves a good behind on a man...

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 10
(edited)
3 hours ago, Lunera said:

imageproxy.php?img=&key=32bc34fe46752225Screenshot_20170724-112822.thumb.jpg.df63f5b9ff93d02083f7cfef26e6ed06.jpg

LOL. What a weird photo, all I see is ass.

That's the pose all the Instagram models use to show off their gains, aka butt implants.

Indeed.

I wonder if Joe and Kendra think that Kendra's big smile and Joe's looking down at her draw all eyes to her countenance, in good Gothard fashion. When in fact the position of everybody's hands and arms just point the viewer right at his tush....and then up to Kendra's happy happy smile.  (well...that's what I see in the picture, anyway. ;  )  )

I'd love to know who among them is aware of that story and who doesn't see it.....

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 6

Hope I didn't defraud any man on my walk today.  Sleeveless top and capri shorts.  Wow, even more than Jin shows at one time!

Of course, I am over 60, so probably not.  But it's kind of nice to think I still could defraud even an old guy ;)

I myself have been defrauded by a nice butt on a man, once or twice.  But poor Joe didn't qualify.  I'm kind of picky like that.

• Love 9
(edited)

I'm thinking Joe & Ken used an amateur photographer. I think that shot is supposed to be a candid walking picture where the photographer says, "Hey Kendra" and she turns around and looks. This picture is clearly posed. Posed poorly, I might add.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

The Duggar genes (jeans?) really run bottom heavy.

It's interesting to see that in both the boys and the girls. I knew the J'Slaves were all pear-shaped beneath those hideous tops and maxi skirts, but who knew Joe had birthing hips too?

• Love 10

Screenshot_20170724-162113.thumb.jpg.5dd71868731894e4c529797beec4ffa7.jpgScreenshot_20170724-163322-416x689.jpg.cc688f258ac471bbf9f32f8ab6f76419.jpg

Another Pinterest FAIL

I don't know why the photographer decided to make Joe's butt the center of the picture. They almost cut Kendra out of the shot and she was supposed to be the focus of it.

• Love 10
20 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

It's interesting to see that in both the boys and the girls. I knew the J'Slaves were all pear-shaped beneath those hideous tops and maxi skirts, but who knew Joe had birthing hips too?

LOL Was just coming on here to comment on the birthin' hips.

13 minutes ago, Lunera said:

Screenshot_20170724-162113.thumb.jpg.5dd71868731894e4c529797beec4ffa7.jpg

Kristin Chenoweth is dating Ben Affleck???

Back to topic......Kendra is cute. Too young to be gettin' hitched. I've been to some (first time) weddings recently where the bride and groom were about the same ages as her parents.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

I think he has normal, non-celebrity fair-skinned with no fake tan white people teeth....meaning his teeth look like most people's who have fine dental hygiene, but because of his fairer skin, they look less "white" where as Kendra's teeth pop against her much darker (relative to Joe's) tan/spray tan skin. I am very fair skinned and my teeth look yellower in photos except rare ones where I am spray tanned, in which case they look popping white. The contrast of the skin color with the teeth makes a HUGE difference. (And if you look at movies from the 90s, you'll notice most actors don't have the bright white smiles they have today....many of them have gotten veneers since then as popping white smiles have become the thing for celebs. My dentists told me that for some people, teeth whitening won't really work because of the underlying color in your teeth, which is largely inherited).

It looks like Kendra has lost weight. Good for her, although I hope she didn't feel to pressured to do it because of "fans." And since Joe has found the weight she's gained.... 

Yeah, those popping white smiles are "the thing" because, of course, actors are suffused in glaring white light from sets and location rigs all the time, and white light beamed right on the teeth will make almost anyone's teeth look yellow in comparison.  I specifically and hilariously remember one crop of American Idol contestants talking about their seasons after it was over, and a big ol' knot of them saying the same thing, "After Episode One I thought to myself, yeesh, should've invested in a course of Crest Whitestrips before I showed up."

I do agree the photographer didn't have any idea of how to angle or frame so that Joe's junk in the trunk isn't the main feature.

• Love 3

I think Kendra is cute, as others have said. She has one up on the Duggar sisters: her hair isn't fried to death. And she seems to know that with make-up, less is more (cough cough Jinger). I am far from a fashion expert (I hang my head in shame as I admit I have a mustard-yellow sweater that my boyfriend loves to see me wear), but I can see that outfit is wrong on so many levels. Why brown? She's young. She should wear vibrant colors like teal, purple, pink, cerulean blue, etc. not dowdy brown. 

• Love 9

I fell asleep during the show, but my mother (who has apparently, finally, figured out how to work the tivo) tells me 'That Daffy-woman said to Kendra "It looks like you're fitting in perfectly around here" while looking pointedly at her sandals.'

I like to think it happened that way. ?

• Love 5
42 minutes ago, EmeraldGirl said:

I caught a bit of the old 90210 the other night and realized that Joe is dressed for the 90's. I swear Brandon Walsh was wearing the exact same jeans with a different colored shirt. 

Joe is wearing Mom Jeans!

• Love 8
On 7/26/2017 at 0:32 PM, MaryAnneSpier said:

I think Kendra is cute, as others have said. She has one up on the Duggar sisters: her hair isn't fried to death. And she seems to know that with make-up, less is more (cough cough Jinger). I am far from a fashion expert (I hang my head in shame as I admit I have a mustard-yellow sweater that my boyfriend loves to see me wear), but I can see that outfit is wrong on so many levels. Why brown? She's young. She should wear vibrant colors like teal, purple, pink, cerulean blue, etc. not dowdy brown. 

No shame in that!  Mustard is a color that looks great on me.  You probably don't have to share it with 500 people like the Duggars.

• Love 1

Joe talking in complete sentences, that is probably the most he has spoken without Jess interrupting him.

Hooray, Kendrab doesn't have a baby infantile voice.

Kendrab keeps brushing her left boob into Joe's right arm...you go girl!

• Love 3