Type keyword(s) to search

Joe & Kendra: Looking Forward To Side Hugs

• Start Topic

No one thought about straightening his tie or making sure he did not look like he was about to burst out of his jacket. What is it with the Duggars and their long history of ill fitting clothing?  I wonder if Boob wore his wrinkled gray suit.

Edited by SMama
  • Love 6
23 minutes ago, Booey said:

Just read the People article. Kendra's bridal party was her sister as maid of honor, plus ten bridesmaids: her mother (who does that?? Maybe I'm just too traditional) plus Jana, Jill, Jessa, Jinger, Joy, Johannah, and Jennifer. That totals eight. So I guess she only has two other friends that are not her/Joe's family? Is this the first Duggar wedding where Anna doesn't get to be in the wedding party?

I'm imagining 15 month pregnant Anna being a bridesmaid.

• Love 17
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

Wedding posts trickling in...(not sure why I can't turn off italics) 

These people should be ashamed. Denim, caps, giant belt buckles, and did the Nissan logo peel off that vest?

Here's the photo before it's inevitably deleted from Instagram. 

104l24l.jpg

Edited by Kokapetl
  • Love 8
10 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

My mind's eye saw condoms.

Off to the prayer closet I go.

Oh good, so did I. Now I'll have some company in the closet. Monsieur Genevrier just made chocolate chip cookies, so I'll bring some along. ???

• Love 5

Yeah, the top of the wedding dress sure does look a lot like Jessa's wedding dress. It's also a princess ballgown according to the People article. Awkward for Kendra, especially because Jessa is the "beauty" of the family. Oh, well. She could sure do worse - Jessa's dress was stunning. Too bad Kendra didn't get all that scraggly hair out of her face.

Admittedly I know nothing about tailoring, but Joe's suit looks ill-fitted.

Oh, all right, I'm a total hater. I will say the flowers and the ties look great

Edited by EarlGreyTea
  • Love 8
28 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Famy got an invite. Not sure how I feel about the church gym. 

Trace Bates was a groomsman. 

Does Famy own a full length mirror?  If not, she should invest in one.

• Love 11

I think Kendra is standing in the background of Amy's instagram pic, top right to the table with candles. If so, it looks the bottom of the gown is much fuller than Jessa's and has ruffle layers (hopefully, it was pre-approved because it looks like it is a major part of the dress).  I can't tell if it all goes together or if it's a mess of sparkle and ruffles. The bodice looks like it's well fitted though and they look really happy.   

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, birkenstock said:

I think Kendra is standing in the background of Amy's instagram pic, top right to the table with candles. If so, it looks the bottom of the gown is much fuller than Jessa's and has ruffle layers (hopefully, it was pre-approved because it looks like it is a major part of the dress).  I can't tell if it all goes together or if it's a mess of sparkle and ruffles. The bodice looks like it's well fitted though and they look really happy.   

I think you're right. I recognize the bottom ruffle from the pics that Renee deleted earlier. So beaded bodice and ruffled bottom? Too busy for my taste, but I'm not 19, desiring to be a pwetty pwincess for one day in my life. 

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

Famy looks like she just walked in from a beach party 

And what I really want to know , do you think the Duggar boys hate the Bates boys because puberty doesn't turn them ugly ? And they get to keep their hair.

29 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I think you're right. I recognize the bottom ruffle from the pics that Renee deleted earlier. So beaded bodice and ruffled bottom? Too busy for my taste, but I'm not 19, desiring to be a pwetty pwincess for one day in my life. 

When you look at royal wedding dresses , no princess ( born or married into  the title) is wearing these huge things . The only one I can think of is Diana and that's probably where that image comes from .

• Love 8
17 minutes ago, lianau said:

And what I really want to know , do you think the Duggar boys hate the Bates boys because puberty doesn't turn them ugly ? And they get to keep their hair.

They should.  The Bates guys look like dreamboats compared to the Duggar boys.  Trace is looking pretty good these days.

• Love 13

These cookie cutter fundie weddings are sad events that follow quick courtships and exist for the sole purpose of allowing a young couple to enjoy some privacy and have sex. The Duggars pretty much throw the church doors open to all comers as an obvious ploy for gifts. Then they show their guests what they think of them by serving up cupcakes and pretzels. The invitees must enjoy seeing themseves on tv. I can't think of any other reason for wanting to show up. Poor Kendra. At 19, her future is set in stone. There will be a bunch of "blessings" for her to raise, a husband beholden to his father for a living, and no hope of pursuing an education or having a career - although those aspirations probably never crossed her mind anyway. Their wedding guests the Dankers look like they're auditioning for a new reality show --Hillbilly Wedding Crashers. Hope they get the gig. They're naturals. 

Edited by Hpmec
  • Love 22
1 hour ago, lianau said:

When you look at royal wedding dresses , no princess ( born or married into  the title) is wearing these huge things . The only one I can think of is Diana and that's probably where that image comes from .

I think Sew might have been alluding more to Disney princesses and the like (Cinderella being the quintessential example). Seems fitting given the bride's age and maturity level, anyway (no hate though). I remember someone here had made a joke along those lines (pages ago).

• Love 4

The gym decorations are pathetic. WTF is the greenery on the floor and the skinny pole haphazardly covered with white adhesive tape? Cheap and tacky. Looks like someone was following a suggestion for reception decor from a Pinterest parody page. Famy looks like she's about to be surprised by the "What Not to Wear" team. I sense plenty  of good snark when the episode airs. 

Edited by Hpmec
  • Love 18

Kendra's makeup looks pretty well done -- tasteful and elegant. I don't care much for her hair, but it does look better than any Duggarling bride's except Jinger's. At least Kendra's hair looks like it was SUPPOSED to look like that -- Joy's looked like she barely brushed it. 

• Love 13

I stared in utter disbelief at the get up that some people think is appropriate for a wedding. And holding a reception in a Gym? Seriously? Tacky and cheap.

That dress looks like a horrible meringue - yukky. Apart from that, so they're married? Well yay. Off to make babies.

Is that really interesting for anyone, except perhaps to snark on?

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Okay... we all know this family isn't known for their style. But what the actual fuck is happening in that top picture?!

It's like someone went to goodwill, found a writing desk, threw some damp moss on the feet of a clothes rack upon  which they'd hung decorative dead birds, strung by their tiny ankles. Festive!

Oh! And here's cousin Amy, she skinned a sofa for her frock! Happy wedding!!

What a cluster. At least Joe got to dip it in before what's left of his spit curl falls out. 

• Love 21
7 hours ago, Booey said:

Just read the People article. Kendra's bridal party was her sister as maid of honor, plus ten bridesmaids: her mother (who does that?? Maybe I'm just too traditional) plus Jana, Jill, Jessa, Jinger, Joy, Johannah, and Jennifer. That totals eight. So I guess she only has two other friends that are not her/Joe's family? Is this the first Duggar wedding where Anna doesn't get to be in the wedding party?

I bet Michelle was jealous!

• Love 14
2 hours ago, Hpmec said:

The gym decorations are pathetic. WTF is the greenery on the floor and the skinny pole haphazardly covered with white adhesive tape? Cheap and tacky. Looks like someone was following a suggestion for reception decor from a Pinterest parody page. Famy looks like she's about to be surprised by the "What Not to Wear" team. I sense plenty  of good snark when the episode airs. 

As @Kokapetl said, the decorations scream Michelle's friend Cindy, as does Trace's boutonniere. Having sparse objects hanging from the ceiling in these cavernous places looks awful. 

The Western themed family, Amy's causal dress, her husband's untucked shirt; aren't evening weddings formal unless otherwise stated, even given that traditional wedding etiquette has changed over the years?

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Ah, estranged cousin Amy.  I wonder if she got a real invite or just snuck in, hiding behind her grandmother Mary, hoping for the TLC cameras to put her back on the reality TV show.  So, the Queen of Polyester shows up (looking like someone tore her dress at the shoulders) with her dorky husband, who couldn't be bothered to tuck in his shirt. Poor cousin Amy, the 31-year-old has-been who seems to do nothing all day but take pictures of herself to post on Instagram with the caption, 'Look at me!  Look at me!  Why doesn't anyone care about me?'

Edited by Mollie
  • Love 9
2 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I am be no means a fashionista, however while Amy's dress may be on trend, she could have worked the trend better. If she wanted the cut-out shoulder, long dress look she might have done better without a print. Or paired a printed cut-out shoulder with a plain skirt. The dress looks like a cross between nightie and a Little House on the Prairie dress. 

Yep,  the print and style enthicken her midsection and the cold shoulders (which I think are dumb and unflattering to most) make her look slope shouldered.  That dress is one of those that can only look good on someone modelesque: tall, thin and broad shouldered.

• Love 18
10 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Joe and Kendra look nice. I can't get a good read on the bridesmaid dress but it doesn't look totally awful based on the picture.

Just as long as it doesn't have an old pillowcase sewn onto the bottom, it'll come in as one of the top Duggar bridesmaid dresses. 

• Love 9
25 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I am be no means a fashionista, however while Amy's dress may be on trend, she could have worked the trend better. If she wanted the cut-out shoulder, long dress look she might have done better without a print. Or paired a printed cut-out shoulder with a plain skirt. The dress looks like a cross between nightie and a Little House on the Prairie dress. 

Well, that's sort of right on the theme, isn't it? 

• Love 13
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

As @Kokapetl said, the decorations scream Michelle's friend Cindy, as does Trace's boutonniere. Having sparse objects hanging from the ceiling in these cavernous places looks awful. 

The Western themed family, Amy's causal dress, her husband's untucked shirt; aren't evening weddings formal unless otherwise stated, even given that traditional wedding etiquette has changed over the years?

Boy, they sure know how to throw a party! 2000 people standing around holding a hot cup of coffee a cupcake, and a pocketful of salted snacks, with the howlers running amok. I wouldn't get dressed up either.

• Love 19
12 hours ago, Booey said:

Michael Bates had her mother as her maid of honor.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, doodlebug said:

Aside from the poor usage, if that photo represents 'cleaned up', I really don't want to see dirty and disheveled from them.

I actually only quoted this because of your reason for your edit...Tigers fan here, so it's with great pain that I say, "Holy &^&^$^%$^, 16 in a row??!?" :)

11 hours ago, JoanArc said:

That's some hairline on Joe...

Someone needed to be on spitcurl duty.  In the official picture, it was nicely tamed.  As the night progressed, it began to slowly move forward, as if in preparation to make the desperate leap right off his forehead.

10 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Amy's ridiculous dress aside, it looks like a bunch of people went to Hobby Lobby, filled several carts with clearance merchandise, and had only moments to spare to strew it all over the gym floor.  I think I get what look they were going for, but it failed miserably.  What's up with the crap on the floor on the left?  What is it, even?

Where's my Joe looking over his shoulder pic?  Come on, that's all I asked for out of this shindig!

Edited by laurakaye
apparently I can't make sentences before coffee.
  • Love 10

I'm not a huge fan of the cold-shoulder trend, but at least Amy and Dylan look well groomed and put together. Much better than the family who wore jeans and baseball hats.

The decorations are just awful. They'd be better off just doing simple streamers and flower arrangements, rather than failing miserably at Pinterest.

I watched the video, and wow, Joe has a better set of birthing hips than Kendra. I did think the dip-and-kiss was cute.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, Temperance said:

Amy's dress follows several trends all current. She looks great to me. 

That "cold shoulder" think is certainly current...it seems that a huge proportion of tops this year are in that style. I'm not fond of them myself as I have narrow, sloped shoulders which my bra straps are forever sliding down, so I like a slightly more substantial shoulder covering even in an essentially sleeveless style. That's just me, though. I think she looks fine, though I do think the long sleeves with all that print are a bit too busy, and the cold shoulders make it look as though she's stuck in a perma-shrug. That print on a sleeveless or cap-sleeve dress would probably be something I might wear, though.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Hpmec said:

I honestly thought the skinny pole and greenery were a broom somehow remaining upright when someone got distracted in the middle of sweeping a whole bunch of twigs, garland and what have you from the floor after a previous shindig, and Amy just happened to pose for that picture amid the chaos of preparations. You mean that's actually decor???

• Love 15