Type keyword(s) to search

Joe & Kendra: Looking Forward To Side Hugs

• Start Topic

49 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I wonder who is doing the video? In the beginning of it Jill and Josiah keep glancing their way. And Derick, tuck your shirt in.

I think I'm thinking what you're thinking: Duggar "Studios." I didn't stick around for long, but I didn't even see the bride walk down the aisle. Instead, I saw underdressed Duggars, and at one point, an appearance by be-mittened Sammy. 

• Love 2

What compels the Rods to announce they have arrived at the Duggars' gates? Good look trying to hook up your emmaciated daughter's with one of their rapidly aging sons. Why do they have a printer on the dashboard? Multitasking for their printing ministry?

Edited by SMama
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, jcbrown said:

Who wears an untucked dress shirt to a wedding? What is wrong with Derelict?

I've seen it at a wedding. And when I sputtered at the outrage, my 27 year old daughter told me I was fighting a losing battle. 

Edited by Portia
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, jcbrown said:

Who wears an untucked dress shirt to a wedding? What is wrong with Derelict?

Is that a rhetorical question? 

8 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I wonder who is doing the video? In the beginning of it Jill and Josiah keep glancing their way. And Derick, tuck your shirt in.

That's when the bride was entering. Which we didn't see because DUGGARS. That's why I think it was someone like Jason or James filming this mess. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, riverblue22 said:

What do they even do with a closet full of super cheap bridesmaid dresses?

The same thing all of us do, probably. Mine mainly went to the dress-up box at a local pre-school (the dyed to match shoes were very popular with the under-five set) or to a theater program. The last one, I threw directly into a dumpster we passed on the way home.

• Love 16
6 hours ago, Genevrier said:

The same thing all of us do, probably. Mine mainly went to the dress-up box at a local pre-school (the dyed to match shoes were very popular with the under-five set) or to a theater program. The last one, I threw directly into a dumpster we passed on the way home.

One of mine got repurposed for a Halloween party where I was Jane Austen (empire waist).  A pair of otherwise useless green dyed lace shoes, I doused in black Rit dye for an interesting denim effect.  (Wore them for years, come to think of it, so thanks to that cousin.  The shoes may in fact have lasted longer than her marriage.)

• Love 10

I see Michelle wore her finest Goodwill button-down for the affair. Regarding Derick, are untucked shirts the new "thing"? Because I though he looked horribly sloppy. Poor Jill is already starting to show that same hunched-back posture as her mother. Jinger's dress looked pale blue in the video. I agree with whoever said Joy is looking very puffy in the face. I'm sure there will be a cleverly timed announcement fairly soon. 

• Love 4
21 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Mechelle and Jill. Ugh, I'd know those scraggly heads anywhere!

The Duggar clan startled me for a second when they stood up.  I wasn't expecting them.

I'm thinking Derick had on his flip flops to complete his ensemble.  Jill probably did too.

I didn't make it thru the whole video so I have to go back to check out Joy.

24 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

The Duggar clan startled me for a second when they stood up.  I wasn't expecting them.

I'm thinking Derick had on his flip flops to complete his ensemble.  Jill probably did too.

I didn't make it thru the whole video so I have to go back to check out Joy.

Sorry, hit the wrong button. Didn't mean to quote my own post.  Anyway, like I always say, you know Kelly Bates would have been holding Sammy thru the whole ceremony if he were her grandson.  Even when MEchelle was talking to Jill when the ceremony was over, I don't think there was any interaction between her & Sammy. (Hard to tell but I'm sure I'm correct.)

Can't wait to see what the JoeKendra wedding party will be wearing.  

• Love 1

I'm envisioning cowboy boots and colors either going super drab or super gaudy. It will be interesting to see how much of a Duggar influence they manage to have on a wedding that in theory, should be relatively Duggar hands off. 

• Love 1

On my phone and can't make the pic smaller, but remember what happened at Jill's hairdressing party (plot device)? Joy's updo was awesome. She hated it. Other than Jinger, who hasn't gone with the Gothard curls? Yes, they distance from the man, but they are still steeped in the doctrine.

• Love 2

My money's been on this upcoming weekend since they announced. There's a double wedding at the Bontrager's farm Labor Day weekend, and they all used to be pretty tight. The double wedding was announced around the time JoKen got engaged, IIRC, so they likely knew that date was "taken" in terms of inviting what amounts to pretty much the same crowd of Gothardites. 

On 8/12/2017 at 8:47 PM, Jynnan tonnix said:

Now, there's an expression that I've always wished I could pull off! I've become way too Americanized, and it just doesn't work!

I think anyone can pull it off online. ?

• Love 4
6 hours ago, JoanArc said:

If it is a double wedding I'm surprised they're sharing the spotlight. I'd hate to be the other couple. 

I think SewSumi meant there was already a double wedding with this other Duggar-adjacent family, so they wouldn't be marrying that weekend, not that JoKen will be part of a double wedding.

• Love 2

Correct. Two Bontranger brothers are marrying sisters in the double wedding over Labor Day weekend. Another Bontranger son will get married the next day. A spectacles like that will pull from the Duggar turnout. 

I think JoKen is this weekend. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Correct. Two Bontranger brothers are marrying sisters in the double wedding over Labor Day weekend. Another Bontranger son will get married the next day. A spectacles like that will pull from the Duggar turnout. 

I 'm not sure. 

Didn't the local newspaper print something about Joy marrying Austin before it happened that tipped people off about it?

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 1

Been looking in the paper for the marriage license but If they got the license in a different County other than Benton or Washington they are not 

getting married yet because I have not seen it in the paper

• Love 3
On 8/24/2017 at 1:32 PM, Sew Sumi said:

Remember when Boob was tight with the Bontrangers!? I'm thinking the love died once Boob made it known that his sons could never marry a Duggar girl. From what I remember those boys were not lookers.

1 hour ago, Fuzzysox said:

Remember when Boob was tight with the Bontrangers!? I'm thinking the love died once Boob made it known that his sons could never marry a Duggar girl. From what I remember those boys were not lookers.

Yikes. They could give the ferret-faced Bates a run for his money. 

2 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

And that's why a Duggar daughter wouldn't be allowed to marry a Bontrager son. They also have a farm to run. 

That wouldn't play well with either Boob or TLC., even though it's honest work. 

Huh?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Temperance said:

Huh?

Boob wouldn't release daughters to a guy who isn't in the ministry or a Boob-related enterprise (house flipping). ESPECIALLY if they move away and jeopardize his beloved Show. TLC can only film so many locations on a reality show budget. 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

They look like 12-year-old triplets. Gawd. 

They really don't look that much alike, though, and to my eye only one (in the blue shirt) is reeaaally unfortunate looking. The one in red actually appears to be fairly decent looking, especially in the "family music group"shots that riverblue22 just posted.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

They really don't look that much alike, though, and to my eye only one (in the blue shirt) is reeaaally unfortunate looking. The one in red actually appears to be fairly decent looking, especially in the "family music group"shots that riverblue22 just posted.

Well, I mainly meant that all three look YOUNG. Way too young to be getting married. Thought I have no idea how old they actually are! :)

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

Well, I mainly meant that all three look YOUNG. Way too young to be getting married. Thought I have no idea how old they actually are! :)

The 3 oldest sons are 25, 22, and 20.