Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E15: Finale, Part 2

yeswedo
  • Start Topic

3 hours ago, sourpickles said:

What the FRENCH. That was the worst thing I have ever seen, and most of it was stuff she'd already done, just with different fabric patterns/appliques/colors. I didn't even stick around to see her reaction. Because I don't care.

Me too!  At least had some very cool jackets.  I was surprised that Lawrance had such a weak collection.  I think her time at home shut down her trajectory. 

Erin's crap might be nice on someone 6 months or more pregnant but even then they would have to rip off the crafts.

• Love 5

If a drinking game had been done each time Erin said the word "like", everyone would have been comatose from the outset.  Cripes!  Back to back seasons of the most sucktastic collection winning.

I was so disappointed in Laurence's collection.  Nothing really seemed to fit well and I thought the color choices were blah.

Wasn't there an episode of Project Runway All Stars where they had to design a concert look for Zendaya?

• Love 7
3 hours ago, vibeology said:

Congratulations Delpozo! You are the winner of Project Runway Season 15.

OMG!  You are soooo right!  I can't believe those stupid judges didn't see that.  Especially Nena who is supposed to be a fashion guru.  I call foul!  >8-(

• Love 5

Um...meh.

On the one hand, I feel like this season was a huge step up from last season. Lots less fake drama, I wasn't enraged by anyone and nothing felt like an injustice.  On the other hand...meh.  Nothing really stood out, although I did feel like Laurence was the coolest contestant they've had since airing on Lifetime.  The rest of them, though, were bland and/or contrived, yet that was kind of...refreshing for this show, I guess is how I'd say it.  I wonder if people are just too self aware and too used to managing their images to be really great reality show contestants.

I think I see Erin's collection differently. She said she was inspired by her Project Runway experience, and that led her to put a bunch of random embellishments on basic stuff she threw together quickly. It's basically mocking the whole show, right? She just played them all, yeah?

And hell, at least I remember the banana. Can't say I can visualize anything else shown tonight, although I just finished watching.  That's...something.

Edited by phoenix780
  • Love 5

I can't raise too much outrage here as we all saw this coming but I'm still very disappointed as the boat warmed up to jump the shark one more time...

I can barely reach for a comment. I mean this is like what we've been saying about Erin like all season, and we got like more of the same. But it's like only partly her fault as really this whole show should have been sponsored by NyQuil.

I also disliked the whole "We know all this stuff we are showing right now is crap, but behold The Juniors!!! tone. I'm already tired of several of them. I don't think it was fair to the "designers" of this season OR to the Juniors in the beat-us-over-the-head manner they were presented to us. No winners is about the way I'm feeling in the end.

Edited by Wandering Snark
  • Love 10

So, the woman who had nothing to show Tim but a bunch of sparkly things she planned to place on yet-unmade garments four weeks into their six-week collection creation process won this crapfest. 

You suck, Project Runway. Yet again.

Off to erase my unwatched recording...

• Love 16

Very happy with the result, for the first time since season 11. Quite honestly I would've had Laurence in fourth just because I was so disappointed by what she put out, but other than that I agreed with the placements. Seriously impressive work by Roberi, who I really didn't think much of at the beginning of the season. 

Erin's banana outfit is possibly my favorite look of the season. Like yeah, like she's not like the most like eloquent speaker, but I generally love her work, and ultimately that's what it comes down to. I enjoyed looking at Roberi's collection, but Erin's excited me. 

But seriously, nix the "why should you win Project Runway" question already. It's not quite as bad as RuPaul's "what would you say to this picture of yourself at 6 years old?" but it's still cringey.

• Love 3

That was unsatisfying.  Roberi should have won.

Until tonight I was liking this season.  While it's true that the designs were underwhelming much of the time, the designers themselves were pretty nice people.  (I still shudder at the horribleness of contestants like Gretchen, Orange Josh and Helen.)  Now whether PR purposefully stepped away from casting malevolent jerks or whether it happened by accident, I don't know.  But I am thankful for a relatively asshole-free season.  It's too bad it ended like this, as basically a commercial for another show and with another boring winner.

Something needs to change with this show.  PR should spend more time on recruiting suitable contestants instead of spending an inordinate amount of time and energy on the audition process.  Better challenge design and more time for some of the challenges should also be at the top of the list.  I also think Nina should be replaced and that guest judges be from the fashion industry instead of random actors plugging their own brand, movie or show. 

4 hours ago, enoughcats said:

What kind of producers allow one show to be a total advert for a second show? A body into which ads for their new show can be inserted, and inserted, and inserted.........

It really was bizarre.  And disrespectful to the audience and the designers.

3 hours ago, Ketzel said:

Go to hell, Project Runway. I dumped Top Chef with no regrets,  I can dump you too.

My thoughts exactly after tonight's finale.  I became so disgusted by Tom Colicchio (sp?) that I've never been tempted to watch another season of Top Chef, and that was six or seven years ago.  I don't even want to look up the correct spelling of his name.  Now I'm not that sick of PR yet ... but it's close.

• Love 15

I was astounded by the unexpected result...Not! It was evident that Erin was PR's choice long before NYFW. She could have styled her models in black or white trash bags with her craft pieces dangling off them and still be lauded for it. 

As an earlier OP said, "middle-aged" folks desperately trying to be cool and hip. Of course...women are enthused to wear kooky dresses with long and puffy sleeves (which (TMI warning) reminded me of the adhesive wings of a sanitary napkin) and even worse, the hand with a banana peeling action on their private parts. ??? Sorry PR, it was neither cool or hip or worthy of winning. smh

Edited by Karina
  • Love 14

You pushed me WAY too hard with these kids, PR.  Warming up the band by splicing "Road to the Runway Junior" through your entire New York Fashion Week Grand Finale Part Two was bad enough.  Shoving a kid at me post-runway, during the "industry professionals" commentary, who proceeds to inform me that the designers had "shown us their hearts and souls"??  GTFO.

I don't even see how the judges manage to hold their heads up and deliver their wonky opinions with straight faces after Tim Gunn detonated the alleged "objectivity" with his public remarks about last season's deliberate decision to promote narrative over talent.

And yet, I believed them when they were all so dismayed that Laurence had rendered an unrecognizable and unremarkable collection.  I think--MAYBE--if Laurence had done her thing and sent out a collection of elegant, beautifully-tailored, instantly-identifiable leather-centric outfits, they could not possibly have failed to reward that level of talent and vision in favor of "kooky."

Along with everyone else here, I would have given it to Roberi, but I can also see that if you're going to be comparing the, er, whimsy of "unsnapped-crotch bodysuit over fishnet," souped up denim, and feathers under iridescent Saran Wrap, you're going to be inclined to pitch in for the full enchilada and hand over the prize to "Most Kooky."

Edited by candall
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, sourpickles said:

I didn't even stick around to see her reaction. Because I don't care.

Either did I.  "Project Funway?" - what is she like, 12?  Spare me.  But it's been pre-ordained since challenge 1.

This show is hard pressed to fill 90 minutes on a weekly basis, much less a 2 hour finale.  And all it really was, was an advertisement for PRJR  - which I have no interest in. 

• Love 12

Like others, I'm neither happy nor surprised at the outcome.  Erin's banana print was absurd and her new look, the pepto pink peplum top over another yellow bottom reminded me way too much of Sandya's losing look from a couple of seasons ago.  Moreover, when the judges were discussing her collection, Zach opined that Erin had a sense of humor about her looks.  I don't think that's true.  I think she is 100% serious that embellished dresses that could be used for a remake of the "Been Caught Stealing" video are on trend and are real fashion.  Any "whimsy" she has is purely affected whimsy, like that dumb little intro into her collection.  She's damn near 30; she shouldn't be talking like she's 13.

That being said, the other 3 collections were disappointing as well; Laurance lost her edge, Rik's was a bit junior and overly heavy on denim, and Roberi's bag waists and iridescent rain gear fabric annoyed.  And I want some backstory on who the child "super fan" was in the post show interviews.  I don't want to hear from a super fan kid younger than the show.  Where the heck is Fern Mallis or someone of her stature? 

• Love 11

Roberi was robbed.  Rik?  I got nothing.  No like, no hate...complete indifference.  SO disappointed in Laurence.  That slouchy jumpsuit that led off her show was a terrible color and it looked cheap---more like trashbag than leather.  And her "styling" or lack thereof just baffles me.  Every single girl looked like they were sick.  Uncurled hair just combed straight back, dull lifeless faces.  Flu-chic, maybe?  And  girlfriend that was wearing that brocade blazer was the worst walker I've ever seen.

Of course Kelly Osborne loved Erin's.  " It was the most fashion forward..blab, blah, blah."  Bitch, bye.  If that shit is fashion-forward then may I forever bring up the rear.  I fast-forwarded thru to the runway show and conclusion and I' m still angry that I'll never get those few minutes of my life back.

• Love 11

Erin won. SURPRISE! said no one...

At the beginning of this season (Ep 1-3), I kinda liked her and her stuff.  But the constant repeat of the cocoon shapes and bedazzling got on my nerves.  Her attitude of superiority grew and irked as well.  Her final collection was a joke, but I guess I think of fashion in more conservative, functional terms.  I mean clothing that looks pretty/cool/chic, fits well, flatters the wearer and is appropriate for the occasion. Not crap that looks like a squad of Girl Scouts spent the night in AC Moore earning their "sewing" badge.  And Erin's FW runway intro was pathetic...there are squads of Girls Scouts who can speak more eloquently.  "Um, like, hiiii! I'm Erin....like, I hope you like, like, my stuff!"  The vocal fry and the Valley speak were as juvenile as her shitty collection.

I was pretty underwhelmed by most of the designers' pieces.  Still don't get the love for Laurence's brocade jacket.  I think she showed some amazing stuff but that jacket was reminiscent of the 90's. As in, the couch material from my grandma's living room no one could it in was repurposed by Blossom into a "cool" quirky outfit for the school dance.

For some reason I watched this live vs. DVR.  I will never make that mistake again.  A two hour show with 40min of actual content?!? WTF? It made me think the ratings for all of these PR shows and spin offs must be in the toilet if Lifetime has to run so many ads.  I think the Fashion Startup show tanked.  I have enjoyed PR Junior in the past, but after last night's "sneak peek", I feel nothing but contempt and dislike for those kids.  Good job, Lifetime.  You made me hate a bunch of children I don't even know.

• Love 16

When the judges share the same opinion as the 12 year old, you know you're in trouble. 

Erin's intro to her collection was an embarrassment "so like, welcome to like my collectionnnnnnn, and like, there's only one wayyy, it's project runwayyyy". Her faux 'aw shucks' grated on me all season. I feel like she cuts out random shapes of fabric, throws some sequins on it and then realizes it has to go on a human being. 

• Love 21

Ugh, almost as bad as Erin winning was the way Erin introduced her collection.  Yikes! 

None were amazing, but I'd have put Roberi first, Rik second, Laurence third (why oh why weren't you true to your aesthetic on the show?).  Of course Erin and her tent dresses bedazzled with over sized bingo markers won.  It was preordained.

• Love 8

I knew going into the finale that Erin would probably win (I mean it was pretty obvious all season), but after seeing her collection I thought to myself, "Huh. Maybe not.  That was TERRIBLE."  I should know better.   I had been pulling for Laurence all season, but her collection was just OK.   I was surprised how much I ended up liking Rik and Roberi's.  I never thought a whole lot about either of them the whole season, but they really turned their collections around.  Based on the finale collections--I would have given the win to Roberi hands down.  As soon and Heidi auf'd him I shut the tv off.  No need to see Erin's faux humility. 

So--I would like to thank Project Runway.  I've been trying to extract myself from this show for years and have never managed to do it.  Not even after Anya. Or Ashley.  But I think they may have finally done it!  This show is such a joke. I'm embarrassed for them.  

P.S. WTF was Heidi wearing?? Those gold lame boots??!?! Good lord, woman. No wonder Erin won...

• Love 17
7 hours ago, Muffyn said:

I think you nailed it.  They are so desperate to prove they are youthful they voted for bedazzled tents.  Erin cannot fit anything.  Her collection was hideous. 

Throughout  the season I found Erin increasingly annoying.  I reached full on hate when she introduced her collection while doing that twisty thing with her feet that is supposed to make grown women seem like little girls.  SMH.

Yup....and her cute little quip during the explanation of her show...."Project FUNway" - made me want to gag.  

I disagree with the judges when they say she doesn't take herself too seriously.  I think she does take herself seriously, and she is seriously deluded in thinking that she has talent.  

Ask Erin to make a red carpet dress that doesn't look like it belongs on a Dr. Seuss character, or a pair of fitted, well tailored pants and a fitted jacket with set-in sleeves.  I don't think she could do it.

• Love 17

I lost interest in PR several episodes ago, when it was clear that they had already chosen Erin as the winner. Same thing happened last season when it was clear that Ashley was going to win weeks before the finale. 

But I decided to flip back and forth from The Great American Baking Show, only to find little snippets of the finale shown between promos for PR Juniors, which only served to annoy me further. Frankly, I didn't like any of the collections so I really didn't care who won. But Erin and her craft projects was just unwearable and ridiculous. 

I think I'm finally done with this ridiculous show. I'm tired of the subjectivity of the judging. I realize that art and fashion are subjective, but it's like they make up the rules as they go along. If one designer makes a look that people would actually wear, it's labeled as "too commercial". If OTOH, a designer makes a look that is very editorial, they are told that no one will wear it and it won't sell. So which is it PR, are you looking for designers who have commercial appeal or strictly editorial looks? Because it doesn't seem to be clear to anyone. And the guest judges have gone from actual designers to singers and actresses that either wear clothes (like that qualifies them anyway, and it's ironic since most of them have stylists) or a celebrity who slaps their name on someone else's work and calls it their fashion line. Sorry, I really don't care what a 21 year thinks about a banana jacket. 

• Love 14
8 hours ago, lidarose9 said:

Any of them but Erin, I found myself muttering, anyone but Erin... fast-forward and then UGH NOOOOooooooOOOOooooo... wtf, people? Her collection looked like a clown parade!

Overall I was disappointed with all four collections, but hers was really cringeworthy. I don't get it -- if the judges are being sincere, they must be out of touch with reality, cuz those outfits were hilarious. ANY woman who showed up to a chic uptown cocktail party wearing one of those get-ups would be laughed out of the room. And if they are not being sincere, then the producers need to do a better job of picking their pre-arranged winners. This season is almost as stinkeroo as last season. 

I think that any woman who would show up at a funky downtown cocktail party wearing some of what Erin sent down the runway would also be looked at askance, as if they just come from a costume party.  

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Lizzing said:

And I want some backstory on who the child "super fan" was in the post show interviews.  I don't want to hear from a super fan kid younger than the show.  Where the heck is Fern Mallis or someone of her stature? 

Yes - who the hell was that?  She looked like a 12 year old - did she win a contest or something?  I kept looking for Fern in the audience, but alas, I think the days when this show actually had some interest from the true fashion world are gone.  I would love to see Fern replace Nina as a judge.

Also, does anyone know who the girl with the shocking pink hair was (sitting in the front row of the audience)?  The camera kept showing her during Erin's runway, and her looks of delight and "ooh and ahh"....

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 1

I guess that Erin remained true to her whimsy that characterized her designs throughout the season.  What happened to Laurence, Rik, and Roberi?  It seems like they were so determined to show the judges something different that they lost what had brought them to the finals.  I would have rather seen Roberi's cool use of shapes and curves that he showed in his dresses during the season highlighted in his final collection.  And it's too bad that the designers seemed so caught up in the theme of their final collections.  I don't care what you call your collection--give me some interesting and "fashion forward" looks.

• Love 3

That was another thing - commentary from PRJunior "designers" on the collections?  Could they be any more desperate for viewers?   I had no interest in it before,and the constant promo only reinforced that.  Erin will make a good guest judge the "Hot Glue and Fishing Lure" challenge, though.

I was disappointed in Laurence's collection as well.  It was pretty, and wearable and her tailoring is impeccable (tm Nina Garcia).  But it was boring. Having said that, all season long, the judges have been telling her go outside her box. She did, and it cost her.  I also thought the judges were relieved her collection was so bland.  It was so clear they wanted Erin to win, I think they were glad to get Laurence out of the way early on. I knew she was done as soon as Zac Posen gave his initial critique before they even had their so-called "discussion".

• Love 6
21 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

I think that any woman who would show up at a funky downtown cocktail party wearing some of what Erin sent down the runway would also be looked at askance, as if they just come from a costume party.  

Erin's clothes are not designed to be worn to a cocktail party.  :^)

• Love 1

So glad I can now happily delete this steaming pile from my DVR. There have been some ridiculous outcomes in past seasons but this takes the fake sequin button cake.  I record too many shows anyway and this show is not worth my time. I don't understand why Rik, Laurence and Roberi didn't take one or two of their previous successful looks and riff on those. I am especially disappointed in beautiful Laurence but last night, Roberi should have won. How I wish Kors had been there. And I can't believe that Nina, who loves to say the va-jay-jay word, didn't comment on the banana encroaching on the model's hoochie. 

• Love 5

Predictably godawful.  What ever happened to couture?  I certainly liked Roberi's the most, and he and Rik at least can sew garments well, but over all, this entire finale looked like a highschool Home Ec class fashion show.  I know a lot of fashion conscious 20-somethings and not one of them would ever wear anything that CraftyErinGlitterGiggles glued together.  I'm with the poster above who said that even after all these years of watching, not watching this craptastic show any more won't be any harder than not watching Top Chef.   

• Love 4
24 minutes ago, wings707 said:

Erin's clothes are not designed to be worn. Period.

And that's not a quip. As much as Zendaya claimed she'd wear that banana suit, very little of what Erin showed actually works in the real world. And I know that fashion isn't always about being practical, but who is actually going to wear an outfit covered in fishing lures? How do you sit when your sexy Princess Jasmine skirt is covered in fiberglass paillettes? How do you move when your nipples are barely covered by arts and crafts? And like I said, that's part of fashion so on it's own it isn't damning but when you combine it with such simple shapes there just isn't enough going on to make it interesting. I can stick sparkles onto an oversized A-line too. If that's all you've got, it's not enough.

• Love 18

First off, apropos of nothing, I loved both Erin's and Laurence's outfits for the show.  There could not be two less similar looks and I as a short and casual 42 year old wouldn't wear either, but I really thought they both rocked it and maybe that says something about good style rising above one's personal preferences and wearability to the beholder.

About the collections...

There is always a mystery and inconsistency as to what exactly the judges are looking for.  Is it craftsmanship/ fit, wearability, taste-level or creativity?  I honestly thought that Roberi's collection checked off all of those boxes.  I really liked it and was rooting hard for him to win.  

Ultimately, there WAS an exuberance and creativity to Erin's that the judges were mesmerized by.  It's not my taste and her personality is very affected and irritating, so it's hard to give her that compliment, but the judges went on emotion this time and her clothes made them happy.  I do get what they were saying about the sense of humor in her collection.

I agree with everyone about the Juniors previews being distracting!  It's so funnny that they did that when the show was literally coming on in less than an hour.  We can contain our excitement, Lifetime.  

So yes, I did not agree with the winner and was annoyed and distracted by the Juniors, but hell yes I'll watch PR again next season!  It's what I do.  I love this show and I've watched every episode from the time it was cool until now.

Happy holidays!

Edited by AudreyHorne
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, Lizzing said:

Like others, I'm neither happy nor surprised at the outcome.  Erin's banana print was absurd and her new look, the pepto pink peplum top over another yellow bottom reminded me way too much of Sandya's losing look from a couple of seasons ago.  Moreover, when the judges were discussing her collection, Zach opined that Erin had a sense of humor about her looks.  I don't think that's true.  I think she is 100% serious that embellished dresses that could be used for a remake of the "Been Caught Stealing" video are on trend and are real fashion.  Any "whimsy" she has is purely affected whimsy, like that dumb little intro into her collection.  She's damn near 30; she shouldn't be talking like she's 13.

That being said, the other 3 collections were disappointing as well; Laurance lost her edge, Rik's was a bit junior and overly heavy on denim, and Roberi's bag waists and iridescent rain gear fabric annoyed.  And I want some backstory on who the child "super fan" was in the post show interviews.  I don't want to hear from a super fan kid younger than the show.  Where the heck is Fern Mallis or someone of her stature? 

Thank you for mentioning Erin's new pink top.  WTAF?  That was like an homage to Sandya's horror in pink.  And, in Sandya's defense, she was designing for a child.  Ooh, it's pepto pink, it has a peplum and it's a screaming advertisement for one of the special brother sewing machines.  Look!  It can do ugly, tasteless embroidery!  Let's put it on everything! 

34 minutes ago, wings707 said:

Vibeology just beat me to it.  Most of Erin's clothes cannot be worn.  Of course fashion shows often show things that are the more extreme view of the designers vision, but you need to be able to understand what the commercial version of the outfits would look like.  Erin believes many women would want to wear stiff, over-sized A-line dresses with cheap plastic stuck too them.  When I saw her runway dress (which was mercifully free of glued on doll heads or other such items), all I could think was I hope she's wearing shorts and a body suit under that because she will be putting on more of a show than she planned.  The runway is elevated.  The front rows are getting quite the up the dress view.    

Somehow Erin's "funway" collection and intro was so aggravating as to make me forget to snark on Heidi's runway outfit.  Over-the-knee shiny gold boots.   Check.  Super tight and short white dress with gold embellishments.   Check.  Looking like the shiniest person to work a corner.  Check.  Again, WTAF?  Does Heidi own a mirror?  Above someone mentioned that having actresses as judges is so often silly because they rely so much on stylists.  If ever someone needed a stylist, it's our own Heidi Klum. 

• Love 6

I don't even know how to respond to this finale.  It was obvious the judges were pandering to Erin.  How many times did we hear the judges throughout the season refer to her aesthetic as a child's art project, then to just turn around and give her the win!?!?!?  Nina and Heidi themselves said they wouldn't wear Erin's ugly banana garment -- and that was Erin's 'grand finale.'  Oh.  Em.  Gee.  What a disappointment!   The contestants were so excited to get $500 extra to go to Mood and all I was thinking was, "What do you expect to do with $500 extra dollars that you couldn't do with the first $9,000?  

Anyway.... so then when Erin came back from Mood with that Saran Wrap shimmery stuff that she CLEARLY stole from watching Roberi show his 3-piece preview I was convinced the judges would not give her the win.  She can't come up with an original idea herself, so why reward her?  Everything she makes is a rip-off from someone else.  Everything except her glue stick stuff, that is.  BLECH..... I'm so glad this season's over.  I went in wanting Laurence to win, but I agree that her finale wasn't living up to the potential I knew she had, so I changed my vote to Roberi.  I would have been fine with Rik as well.  I just didn't want Erin, the design thief, getting rewarded for her thievery and arts & crafts.  Just like another poster said upthread, I, too, didn't stick around for the congratulations.  I bailed as soon as they booted Roberi.

Bring on the PR Juniors.  As annoying as those commercials for the cast were by interrupting the regular season's finale, I saw some pretty talented artist. YIPPEE!!!!  Hopefully no more arts & craft.   My prediction:  Chris will be first to go.  I can already tell he has an attitude.  lol.

Edited by J.D.
  • Love 7

I didn't know exactly who the winner would be when they actually filmed the runway show finale, but when I saw Erin's penchant for yellow, I knew it was her.  Why?  Because our local newspaper did a big story on PR's finale show and had photos of Erin's designs, the ONLY photos were from her, so I figured that she was the winner because the article focused on her.  

9 hours ago, sofaslug said:

Wasn't there an episode of Project Runway All Stars where they had to design a concert look for Zendaya?

I remember the episode but not which season it happened.  A bunch of cute clothes were dismissed as too olde for Zendaya as Z chose the style whose main thing was a red and black plaid 'woodsman' shirt worn around her hips and tied by the arms in front of her good china.  Same was used on her back up dancers if the clip from her show wasn't staged but real.  

4 hours ago, BusyOctober said:

I have enjoyed PR Junior in the past, but after last night's "sneak peek", I feel nothing but contempt and dislike for those kids.  Good job, Lifetime.  You made me hate a bunch of children I don't even know.

Thank you, thank you.  I was worried that I was hating a bunch of children.  I got over it by deciding many of them aren't children, they are twentysomethings who have already started fudging their birth certificates.  Because they can't have assimilated that much fake gushing in less than twenty years.

23 minutes ago, J.D. said:

The contestants were so excited to get $500 extra to go to Mood and all I was thinking was, "What do you expect to do with $500 extra dollars that you couldn't do with the first $9,000?  

I didn't see 9K worth of fabric in all four collections combined.  

I know fabric can be expensive, but given that kind of money to spend, I'd expect a few lux pieces and then use their remants on the rest.  

And to be really mean, has anyone found where Erin is selling all the Brother sewing machines she won?  Lots of scissors and glue guns would be of far more use to her.

• Love 9

This has got to be the first winner that I absolutely disagree with. There were some real horrors in Erin's collection; the banana outfit and the one made last minute, with the ruffles around the waist. Yuck! And the red maracas skirt, what the hell was that. How can that basic-student-crafty rubbish win a design competition!?

Roberi was robbed. He was the most creative and had the better looks. I also thought he was the most brave and bold not Erin. He mixed and used different materials, colours and looks in an interesting way. At first I didn't even like his collection. It was a mess. The outerwear jackets, with this lighter underwear. Then the shiny pink material. It was a real wtf from me. But he pulled it together, I enjoyed his runway the most. It was creative in more mature way when compared to Erin's student work.

• Love 15
10 minutes ago, enoughcats said:

I didn't see 9K worth of fabric in all four collections combined.  

I know fabric can be expensive, but given that kind of money to spend, I'd expect a few lux pieces and then use their remants on the rest.  

And to be really mean, has anyone found where Erin is selling all the Brother sewing machines she won?  Lots of scissors and glue guns would be of far more use to her.

I think Laurence probably spent close to $9000 on fabric. She had all of those tissue thin leathers and silks. That brocade must have been stunning in person because it's looked like a record scratch on tv.

I wish this show would go back to giving the designers more time to create their collections. The collections turned out better and you got a better sense of the designers spending too much time and money on ideas that didn't work.

I wonder if the judges would be so impressed with Erin's work if any of them had ever been to Williamsburg or watched Hannah Horvath snot around on Girls.

• Love 8

Meh, I 'm fine with Erin winning. All the collections were pretty terrible so it doesn't really matter to me who won. I can see Chloe Sevigny wearing her pieces on more casual red carpets. I wasn't disappointed in Laurence's because I've always found her stuff pretty average and unimaginative. I was disappointed in Roberi's - can't see him as "robbed" though. I thought a lot of his collection was pretty ugly. Rik was my biggest disappointment (Also? The way he introduced his collection? Every sentence a question? Seriously?) I didn't like the denim at all but if he was married to it, he should have dropped the leather and that black and white fabric and just focused on making the denim the star. 

• Love 2

Mr. Hula-la watched this season with me. When Erin won, he left the room, and told me to get on that tweet thing and demand that Nina and the group be fired. He said he'll never watch it again. Thanks PR for ruining our bonding time.

if it helps, in Canada, we were inundated with commercials for some new revenge body show starring a Kardashian. 

• Love 20

I hate when the winner finds out he won because the OTHER person is told they DIDN'T win.  I think a winner should be announced as the winner, not the loser as the loser.  Does that make sense?

That being said, this was the saddest runway show ever.  I'm actually looking forward to the kids version.  They seem more talented.

• Love 18

Okay, you know your collection sucks when one of the only people they can find to give you a talking head is a "superfan" who looks to be about 10 years old.  Which is about the age level your collection was aimed at, Erin.  Yet she still won.  Big surprise there from the crack-smoking judges. 

I switched this off after the runway show, as I knew Erin's arts & crafts banana monstrosities were going to win.  Garbage.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, njbchlover said:

Also, does anyone know who the girl with the shocking pink hair was (sitting in the front row of the audience)?  The camera kept showing her during Erin's runway, and her looks of delight and "ooh and ahh"....

That was Erin's friend.  Now I get why people challenge cultural norms about beauty and choose to look different, but does cutting and coloring ones hair in the style of a creepy circus clown accomplish that goal?  IDK.

1 hour ago, vibeology said:

And like I said, that's part of fashion so on it's own it isn't damning but when you combine it with such simple shapes there just isn't enough going on to make it interesting. I can stick sparkles onto an oversized A-line too. If that's all you've got, it's not enough.

Yes, take away the embellishments and bedazzlements and there's absolutely nothing there.  No interesting shapes, no interesting construction techniques, no interesting thinking about how particular a fabric will fit and move on a woman's body.  It's just stiff, boring tents.

16 minutes ago, hula-la said:

if it helps, in Canada, we were inundated with commercials for some new revenge body show starring a Kardashian. 

Yikes!  I'll take commercials with PR Junior over that any day.

• Love 12
8 hours ago, Karina said:

I was astounded by the unexpected result...Not! It was evident that Erin was PR's choice long before NYFW. She could have styled her models in black or white trash bags with her craft pieces dangling off them and still be lauded for it. 

I thought she was doing that all season long.  Her shapeless wonders were her signature.

24 minutes ago, Lesia said:

I hate when the winner finds out he won because the OTHER person is told they DIDN'T win.  I think a winner should be announced as the winner, not the loser as the loser.  Does that make sense?

That being said, this was the saddest runway show ever.  I'm actually looking forward to the kids version.  They seem more talented.

I agree!  Just another level of disrespect.  They could have said Erin won when all 4 were out there is my opinion.  Knocking them off 1 by 1 was brutal.

• Love 6
44 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

think Laurence probably spent close to $9000 on fabric. She had all of those tissue thin leathers and silks. That brocade must have been stunning in person because it's looked like a record scratch on tv.

Thank you for this.  It didn't register with me that many of her 'fabrics' were leather.  Much less silks. 

I like silks that are either heavy enough or underlined such that they look sumptuous. I am old and I like fabrics that help make the 'dress'. 

Brocades are a love of mine, ever since I wandered into a story in Germany that sold nothing but brocade.  The family I lived with there were shocked that I didn't own a brocade dress because a brocade dress and a formal dirndle would do for just about any occasion. Or so I was told.  

• Love 4
14 hours ago, lordonia said:

Honestly? All four collections looked to me like they were from the same line. Loose, boxy/triangular, separates in shiny fabrics aimed at 20-year olds. Might as well have cut some arm holes in the Liberty Bell and sent that down.

They're always aimed at under 25 year olds.  The most feared critique is it's "so old lady."  Last night Heidi said of one dress - "it looks like an old lady's dress".  I'm sorry, does that mean that any dress an "old lady" wears is automatically ugly?  

I loved Roberi's collection and thought he was going to win.  They kept talking about how original Erin was, but I see those boxy looks and prints all over the place.  She's just copying what's trendy right now.  No staying power.

• Love 7
14 hours ago, HurricaneVal said:

How much content was in the actual 2-hour finale?  Between the endless commercials and then promos for the junior show, there must be less than an hour 's worth of actual PR content.

I started watching it in real-time, while doing other stuff, and thought the sched. was wrong, and, Why is PR Jr. on? Glad I decided to watch it on the app today. Well, glad I used the app but not so glad I watched. gah!

I thought Kors would be there! First major disappointment. 

Hate what appears to be the planned editing of the judging for a grand finale misdirection. They almost got me. Actually, they did get me but I crossed my fingers and clicked my heels together and, like, everything, but at the "Roberi you lost" (agree with all upthread who hate that contrivance) I gave forth an involuntary and very loud NOOOO! 

12 hours ago, Muffyn said:

Throughout  the season I found Erin increasingly annoying.  I reached full on hate when she introduced her collection while doing that twisty thing with her feet that is supposed to make grown women seem like little girls.  SMH.

Gag. The way she, like, posed and was, like, all, Twee-me!, during her Runway intro, like, made me want to like throw something at the screen.

Erin! Grow the fuck up!

This might be "it" for PR and me. I thought it couldn't get worse than the Ashley win. Think again.

Ugh. Poor Roberi. He wuz robbed, imho.

• Love 5