Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E15: Finale, Part 2

yeswedo
  • Start Topic

1 minute ago, NewDigs said:

Gag. The way she, like, posed and was, like, all, Twee-me!, during her Runway intro, like, made me want to like throw something at the screen.

Erin! Grow the fuck up!

Along with her hair which looked like it was so dirty that it was separating, and with tucking her chin into her shoulder and doing the side-eye thing  - I think it's supposed to be charming and flirty, but she just looked like a parakeet.  I was watching with a friend who hadn't seen this season and she was willing to cut Erin a little slack because she  thought she was about 22.  When she found out Erin is 29, she said "WTF is wrong with her?"  

• Love 17

There was one moment of Erin's that I thought was inspired, where she took one of her original (designed by a friend) print and used the Fancy Schmancy Design-a-Fabric Machine or whatever its real brand name is to create a new textile.  They showed a closeup of the pattern being embroidered on the fabric, held taut as is necessary for such things.

And then.  Then they showed the piece made with that fabric.  And it was the Piglet-pink neoprene, which is of course thick.  And so the embroidery was dented down.  And it looked disgusting to me!

Remember how if you skinned your knee as a kid, there would be a big scab, and then the initial scab would fall off and the underneath part would be raw, tender, maybe even a little yellowish as well as reddish, and and it would be a little indented where the scab had been?

That's exactly what the newly embroidered fabric looked like to me!  skin that a lot of scabs had fallen off of!  It was worse than the mossy shorts she should have been sent home for after the rollercoaster episode!

Poor Roberi's substitute model, having to squeeze into small shoes.  I guess that happens a lot, but still.  

I know we've come a long way in men expressing their emotions, especially in this type of setting, but when Tim gathered them all in, and was verklempt, it looked like Rik and Roberi were a little damp-eyed, Lawrence who seems to try to hold in her emotions a lot was understandably not, and Erin...stone cold.  

The glimpses of auf'ed designers and former contestants in the audience always go by too fast for me, so I'm never sure who I thought I saw.  But this time they could have focused on the audience the entire time and I would have enjoyed it more.  

• Love 8
16 hours ago, Linderhill said:

Exactly my thought.  I am immensely disappointed in this season.  I'm also disappointed that none of the judges commented on the unfortunate placement of that banana on that one skirt.

I know! That's the first thing that crossed my mind when I saw the banana outfit. After all the distasteful comments Nina has made about other unfortunate placements on outfits, she should have been the one to call that. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Jobiska said:

There was one moment of Erin's that I thought was inspired, where she took one of her original (designed by a friend) print and used the Fancy Schmancy Design-a-Fabric Machine or whatever its real brand name is to create a new textile.  They showed a closeup of the pattern being embroidered on the fabric, held taut as is necessary for such things.

And then.  Then they showed the piece made with that fabric.  And it was the Piglet-pink neoprene, which is of course thick.  And so the embroidery was dented down.  And it looked disgusting to me!

Remember how if you skinned your knee as a kid, there would be a big scab, and then the initial scab would fall off and the underneath part would be raw, tender, maybe even a little yellowish as well as reddish, and and it would be a little indented where the scab had been?

That's exactly what the newly embroidered fabric looked like to me!  skin that a lot of scabs had fallen off of!  It was worse than the mossy shorts she should have been sent home for after the rollercoaster episode!

I don't know how I missed that. Oh, wait, yes I do. I missed it because about every time they showed Erin I was either busy rolling my eyes or was totally checked out.

I couldn't find a good close-up of Erin's MissPiggy embroidery but guess it looks a lot like these examples.

Ew.

And those examples are from someone who prides themself on their work.

ymmv

Edited by NewDigs

Well, Swatch, it was nice seeing snippets of you on my TV since we all know Boston Terriers are the best.  However, due to Nina's declining eyesight, Zac Posen's dementia, and Heidi not being able to see past the glare of her own outfit, I will no longer be watching PR.  I miss the days when actual, talented designers were featured and the most over-used word was "aesthetic" instead of "like."

• Love 16
14 hours ago, lidarose9 said:

Oh, and didn't you love the way Erin answered the question, why should you win Project Runway? -- basically saying because it would be so cool for me

Typical self-absorbed, entitled, inarticulate millennial

• Love 10

One of the joys of living in AZ is the ability to check out spoilers here.  Thank you all for saving me from wasting two hours watching the finale.  

And, like, regarding "aesthetics"; like, according to Erin, you like pronounce it "estetics."  

• Love 7

I thought Roberi's was just as much "fun" as Erin's.  I don't expect runway clothes to all be ready-to-wear, and I thought Roberi's was different enough to look runway.  I thought Erin's was okay.  I do like when designers go crazy, even if it's not something I'd wear, even if I were younger.

I rank them as Roberi's, Erin's, Rik's and Lawrence's.  Lawrence's was disappointing drab.

It's a shame that the finale can't be dedicated to the actual finalists.  It's turned into the Road to the Runway Juniors.  How insulting.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, cdp73 said:

Well, Swatch, it was nice seeing snippets of you on my TV since we all know Boston Terriers are the best.  However, due to Nina's declining eyesight, Zac Posen's dementia, and Heidi not being able to see past the glare of her own outfit, I will no longer be watching PR.  I miss the days when actual, talented designers were featured and the most over-used word was "aesthetic" instead of "like."

Yes, remember the days  - Santino, Chris March, Mondo, Christian Siriano, Anya......I know I'm leaving some out, and I'm not even crazy about everyone I've mentioned - but not one of them would have sent that Erin crap down the runway.

• Love 9
8 hours ago, beaker73 said:

P.S. WTF was Heidi wearing?? Those gold lame boots??!?! Good lord, woman. No wonder Erin won...

I said the same thing as she trying to be Wonder Woman, or Jane Fonda from the movie "Barbarella?"

Anyone who would want to wear Erin's clothes would have to be bananas, I know my pun is as awful as her collection.

I think Roberi should have won just for his "Cohesion" cologne by Michael Kors comment!

• Love 10

Who on earth would wear tht banana print? I love a quirky print as much as the next girl but that was horrendous. 

I probably would, actually. But I hated 95% of her collection--that tent-looking silhouette 100 times and some of her stuff looks so slapped together. Ugh.

I was hoping Rik would take it; I dug his collection. Don't know if I would wear much of it, but I liked it.

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, NewDigs said:

I thought the bananas were cute in a cartoonish kind of way. But, suggestive bananas is a step too far even for me.

Erin, you aren't Warhol. Nor are you Velvet Underground. 

Now, go away.

Please.

Wow, a reference to the Velvet Underground!  Thanks!

• Love 2
10 hours ago, beaker73 said:

P.S. WTF was Heidi wearing?? Those gold lame boots??!?! Good lord, woman. No wonder Erin won...

Yes, of all the gorgeous outfits Heidi could have chosen, she ended up looking like a glitzy hooker.

• Love 7
52 minutes ago, Kenz said:

Yes, of all the gorgeous outfits Heidi could have chosen, she ended up looking like a glitzy hooker.

I thought the dress on its own was fine but the hideous boots ruined the whole look.  Of course I'm waiting for the day she hits the red carpet in an Erin creation.  BUt I won't hold my breath.

Edited by mwell345
  • Love 3

Anyway.... so then when Erin came back from Mood with that Saran Wrap shimmery stuff that she CLEARLY stole from watching Roberi show his 3-piece preview I was convinced the judges would not give her the win.  She can't come up with an original idea herself, so why reward her?  Everything she makes is a rip-off from someone else.  Everything except her glue stick stuff, that is.  BLECH..... I'm so glad this season's over.  I went in wanting Laurence to win, but I agree that her finale wasn't living up to the potential I knew she had, so I changed my vote to Roberi.  I would have been fine with Rik as well.  I just didn't want Erin, the design thief, getting rewarded for her thievery and arts & crafts.  

I could be you!  I agree with everything you said - I too wanted Laurence to win but was so disappointed in her.  Next choice, Roberi, and last would be Erin.

What do you get when mix sparkly gewgaws, a pair of scissors, some glue, stiff ugly fabric and a group of first graders?  Erin's finale!  Even I could sew two seams, glue on gewgaws and put it on a model - this from the woman who used a sewing machine once and the needle went through my finger.  Erin, the teenage valley girl, was picked already.  How sad.

I knew she would win, but there was a spark of hope when Zac said something negative.  But Zac blows with the wind.  I've seen him change his critique based on what other judges said while putting his hands all over the models during the close ups of the designs.  I can see why Michael Kors, by all-time favorite, left the show.  Those judges do NOT make the decision.  Producers/owners of the franchise do.  Why bother to show their "deliberations?"  It's a joke.  Sometimes they love a look that it is epitome of fugly, and they GUSH!

I will keep watching and hope for something better.  Hasn't happened in years, but you never know.  It's like watching a train wreck - you can't look away.

• Love 7

I'm glad Erin won. Her collection was my favorite by far. (I appreciate her exuberance and humor. And her collection was really smartly styled.) (I also don't care how she looks or sound although I thought her runway dress was adorable.)

I also appreciated Laurence's elegance but her collection put me to sleep. 

I hated Robert's transparent skirts, and loathed Rik's collection. 

As for the season as a whole, I really enjoyed it, in part because there were interesting looks in every week's runway and because there was such diversity in the designers creating those looks. They were a hard-working and generally affable and likeable bunch. 

All in all, this season provided a lot of entertainment for me during a stressful fall. 

• Love 3

I was really surprised that Nina didn't point out that one of Erin's banana placements was just in the right spot to look like an erect penis

like Erin normally like drives me like nuts (and isn't it interesting that sometimes she says many sentences in a row without a single "like" but like not always), but I often get a kick out of her nutty ideas. But I can't see too many of them actually being worn. 

I was disappointed in Laurence's collection. I admire her personal style and I didn't hate her looks. But just like her, they were a little too buttoned up or stiff, so I just want to shake her/them and get them out of that rigid rut. 

I would have liked to see Rick's win, though I liked Roberi's too. 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, jrlr said:

Along with her hair which looked like it was so dirty that it was separating, and with tucking her chin into her shoulder and doing the side-eye thing  - I think it's supposed to be charming and flirty, but she just looked like a parakeet.  I was watching with a friend who hadn't seen this season and she was willing to cut Erin a little slack because she  thought she was about 22.  When she found out Erin is 29, she said "WTF is wrong with her?"  

Erin is 29? And still rocking that manic pixie dreamgirl shit? Grow the F up. I thought she was like 22, also.

• Love 6

I have no words.

I understand what some are saying about it being about the "fashion" and not minding or caring how she sounds or looks. I actually thought her leather fruit dress was cuter than anything she put on the runway.  Maybe I'm old or just old-fashioned but I don't see how anyone who might want to fund her business or go into business with her could ever take her seriously.

It's obviously mostly an affectation, so stop it already. She's clearly NOT stupid.

But I do think - and this is just my opinion, please understand - that she is one of those entitled brats with special snowflake syndrome who get cuter and cuter and cuter the more people encourage her.

Having said that, I think only Roberi could have beaten her, just based on the runway and what Nina seems to like right now. Regarding the banana suit, it's similar in fruit appeal to the apple tree applique Nina wore on her black negligee last week. 

I liked some of Rik's ideas, but hated those sunglasses and also I didn't think of it as an homage to the 70s; it looked more 80s to me. Zac was correct when he said it almost cried out for some shiny. I was thinking more or bolder embroidery.

HATED Laurence's just for the sheer boring. None of it was offensive, but where was her flair?

I'll keep watching because I can't NOT. I'm always optimistic next year will bring us another Siriano. Here's hoping.

• Love 9

Erin should have just sent out a bunch of t-shirts with the word "LIKE" plastered on them; it would have made more of a statement.

(if that joke was done by someone else already I apologize)

Erin's banana pajamas are a rip off of Stella McCartney doing this with pineapples in the 90s.  I don't care if I'm old; that's all I see.  Next!

I haaaaaaaaaaaaated Rik's collection.  Garage mechanic chic?  No thanks.

Roberi's was OK.  Were all of the references to the 1990s intentional?  If so then that's cool, LOL. So many conservative dresses towards the end that you never see anymore. Again, that's all I saw.  His 1990s looks would have been better if it wasn't the most boring parts of the 1990s.

Laurence's was my 'favourite' but all of it was disappointing.

Stella McCartney, 1990s:  http://abes-celebrities.com/ana_beatriz_barros_11.jpg

Stella McCartney, 2011:  https://mogleyohara.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/stella-mccartney.jpg

Prada, 2011:  https://elsonleee.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/prada-spring-summer-2011-banana-printed.jpg

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 4

Here's my take. I think Laurence will make valuable contacts and maybe be offered contracts. Robieri and Ric will make great contacts.  I don't intend this as snark, really, but maybe Erin has a future designing for the 5-12 yo crowd.

• Love 9

I'm disappointed -- mainly because I was absolutely shocked that -- to my untrained eye -- they let who I was calling #TeamAdults (Laurence, Roberi and Rik) into the finale. To my untrained eye, I thought they made clothes that were well constructed and tailored nicely, and it was such a joy seeing well-made clothes from a majority of contestants. Now I feel like they let all the adults in to make them all look bad/similar/boring next to the "child" (Erin) who won.

(And when Zac said "She's so connected to her generation?!" I seriously just started laughing, because it was like -- oh, they're rewarding her because she's a millennial, like this finale is literally "Project Runway: Millennial Style vs Gen X Style" and didn't I just see this on Survivor?! Though, between this and Survivor, the millennial image has taken quite a beating this fall. )

Honestly, if an Erin win was a foregone conclusion, why not kick out the adults and let the other "children" into the finale (Cornelius, Natalia and Dexter) and let their unfinished designs and shoddy hemming pale in comparison to her bananas, bedazzling and loud colors. At least "Project Runway: Wacky Millennial vs Crappy Millennials" wouldn't have been quite as infuriating.

• Love 14
12 hours ago, Broderbits said:

Heidi looked like she was channelling that old video game, Athena. I kind of liked it.

I was thinking Star Trek, original series.

Anyway ... I switched off as soon as Roberi was auffed.   

Has it really come to a point where nearly every single one of us was able to call the winner as far back as Episode 1?    The criteria to spot the winner now seems to be: 1) people who cause the audience to have a negative reaction because they think they're so damn special, yet 2)  have no real skills or talents (i.e., Erin can't tailor and can barely sew, hence her oversized monstrosities and glue gun fetish)

This merely reaffirms my belief that two back to back unconventional challenges were scheduled solely to move Erin forward.    

Add me to the "out" list.   I only hope I can stick to it next season when there's nothing else on.   That's generally the only reason I watch anymore.   But the bad aftertaste of the finales doesn't seem worth whatever fleeting satisfaction I may get from killing time with this series.  

Edited by millennium
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, ArtFossil said:

I'm glad Erin won. Her collection was my favorite by far. (I appreciate her exuberance and humor. And her collection was really smartly styled.) (I also don't care how she looks or sound although I thought her runway dress was adorable.)

Erin does have talent but I think she missed her calling. She would be great at children's clothing.  I would buy that dress Erin wore on the runway for my 5 year old, she would look adorable in it.  Her pink outfits would be a huge hit with the preschool set!

• Love 7
8 hours ago, mwell345 said:

Yes, remember the days  - Santino, Chris March, Mondo, Christian Siriano, Anya......I know I'm leaving some out, and I'm not even crazy about everyone I've mentioned - but not one of them would have sent that Erin crap down the runway.

Anya?!?!?!? Erin is terrible, but Anya couldn't sew. On principle, Anya is my worst ever winner. She "learned to sew" 3 months before the show started filming and it showed in every challenge. People talk shit about Gretchen, but she's lightyears better than Anya (couldn't sew and wasn't that creative) and Erin (can sew, but glues crap to fabric and doesn't really design).

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

Anya?!?!?!? Erin is terrible, but Anya couldn't sew. On principle, Anya is my worst ever winner. She "learned to sew" 3 months before the show started filming and it showed in every challenge. People talk shit about Gretchen, but she's lightyears better than Anya (couldn't sew and wasn't that creative) and Erin (can sew, but glues crap to fabric and doesn't really design).

Ashley could sew, and look what she did with that skill!  The worst ever for me. 

• Love 7
On 12/22/2016 at 11:34 PM, gingerandcloves said:

Roberi joins Kelly Dempsey in the Deserved to Win But Lost Out to an Overrated Designer category. Sorry, Roberi, we all know you should've won. Hope to see you back for All-Stars.

Unfortunately, only past winners are allowed to win PR: All Stars. Roberi would end up losing to Ashley or Anya or Erin again.

• Love 5

The judges aren't choosing winners anymore.   They're choosing demographics.

The winner reflects the desired demographic, the kind of people the showrunners and sponsors want watching the show and reading Marie Claire.    Hence Ashley, hence Erin.

It seems almost sexist to me, like the male designers' chances of winning are significantly reduced right out of the gate simply because the show seems to be pursuing certain types of young women.

• Love 20

I shouldn't be but I'm still not over the shock of Erin winning. If this were Project Runway: Bedazzler, I could see it but this is supposed to be a design show and the clothes with the least design won. AND Nobody looks good wearing a banana. Not.Ever.

• Love 8

Late to watch the finale because there was no way I was missing that football game.  I think what bothers me most about Erin's predictable win is that the talented but haughty Kera Saun got hammered for having a white dress with a Gucci looking belt yet this chick stole complete outfits from another designer.  I've never seen so much ugly in one place.  

I wasn't wild about some of Roberi's Saran wrap contributions but at least he can sew, tailor and think for himself.  I admired his passion all season and hope something good arises for him out of this.  

Rik's taste was questioned a few times this season and I get that.  I didn't like his paisley denim at all and liked it less with black and white.  

Laurence seems to get in her own way which is unfortunate.  It was nice having an adult who can sew around but she's not the most flexible person I've ever watched.  

The Juniors that they rammed down our throats is not happening for me.  It's bad enough watching some of the childish drama queens this show manages to find.  

Good luck to Mah Jing whom I believe is a good soul.  

Enjoyed your comments this season!  All the best to you all...

• Love 14

Another clusterfuck of a season has come and gone.

Just like Ashley and the other hack winners of this show, Erin will now return to obscurity to never be seen or heard from again. (Until they dredge her out for All-Stars)

• Love 7

I got the feeling Laurence felt out of step with the expected competitive reality show vibe and lost her way early on. She is not one for casual chit-chat; all of her talking head pieces seemed forced and a little awkward. She was obviously trying not to say anything bad about the others, which I admire. I think she began to doubt herself by the 2nd challenge, and just lost her creative voice. ("Do I stay true to my own vision or do I try to figure out what these judges want and give it to them?") She'd get parts right, but was never able to put it all together successfully. I suspect in a different setting, she could be a fantastic designer, but not everybody is wired for reality shows. 

Edited by lidarose9
  • Love 18

If it had been anyone but Erin, that Mood redo would have been cute.  I thought it was for a second, and then remembered what I was watching.  I'm curious though, I haven't been out and about much but I'd love to hear what Tim Gunn has to say about Erin.  God knows he wasn't thrilled with Ashley.  I'll be hate watching next season, since I'm pretty sure I STILL can't give it up.  And to think, I LIKED Erin in the first few epis, before I realized what was happening.........it's like Halloween, Season of the Witch............

• Love 4
35 minutes ago, sourpickles said:

If it had been anyone but Erin, that Mood redo would have been cute.  I thought it was for a second, and then remembered what I was watching.  I'm curious though, I haven't been out and about much but I'd love to hear what Tim Gunn has to say about Erin.  God knows he wasn't thrilled with Ashley.  I'll be hate watching next season, since I'm pretty sure I STILL can't give it up.  And to think, I LIKED Erin in the first few epis, before I realized what was happening.........it's like Halloween, Season of the Witch............

Gunn is actually more reprehensible than the rest.   At least Heidi, Zac and Nina aren't hypocritical about their shit show, but Gunn backstabs almost as soon as filming ends.   If his objections are that strong, he should have the balls to distance himself from the show, instead of grooming these untalented idiots for their preordained wins.   He was right there backstage telling Erin how awesome she is, just as he did with Ashley.   He really ought to keep his mouth shut because all I can think is Were you lying then or now, Uncle Tim?

• Love 4

To what point though?  I get what you are saying, and I am in no way defending this rapidly descending shit show, but I wonder how much is edited for him, or how much he's locked in to being that supportive Uncle or what.  I personally was stunned when he dissed the hell out of Ashley, because I haven't paid attention to too much that happens post show and that was the first real vitriol via Tim I had seen.  I'm almost glad to get out of the endlessly supporting, clearly fake bs.  And I also think that the judging panel has had their moments too.  I think it is time for a changing of the guard there.  Or better vetting of contestants.  Or maybe not giving them nonsense challenges all season so we can see what they can do.......BTW, is the "reunion" going to be covered on here?  I'm not a huge fan of those and this one looks icky, but what the hell.  In for a penny..........

• Love 2
9 hours ago, enoughcats said:

We might see Erin before the next All-Stars.

I'd guess she'll be behind the table selecting the next designers for Project Funway (sic).

That is one of the things I'd most like to see change ASAP: selection panels. Stop bringing in people you think we want to see on the meet the designers special and get people who might weed out the wannabes and find whatever few jewels are still naive enough to think applying for this show is a good idea. 

The usual suspects have failed us miserably of late.

• Love 5