Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E15: Finale, Part 2

yeswedo
  • Start Topic

As a celebrity judge, I am glad that Zendaya had more critique to contribute that whether or not she would wear it (besides the banana disaster). That drives me nuts when that's the only criticism a celebrity gives. There's tons of stuff I would never wear on this show but I can appreciate the fashion and artistry of it anyway. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, sourpickles said:

To what point though?  I get what you are saying, and I am in no way defending this rapidly descending shit show, but I wonder how much is edited for him, or how much he's locked in to being that supportive Uncle or what.  I personally was stunned when he dissed the hell out of Ashley, because I haven't paid attention to too much that happens post show and that was the first real vitriol via Tim I had seen.  I'm almost glad to get out of the endlessly supporting, clearly fake bs.  And I also think that the judging panel has had their moments too.  I think it is time for a changing of the guard there.  Or better vetting of contestants.  Or maybe not giving them nonsense challenges all season so we can see what they can do.......BTW, is the "reunion" going to be covered on here?  I'm not a huge fan of those and this one looks icky, but what the hell.  In for a penny..........

I'm just saying he shouldn't be praising their "ability" and "creativeness" and saying how much he loves them, and then putting them through the shredder in interviews later.   For me, Tim's credibility took a big hit when he trashed Ashley and tried to give the impression he was appalled by the judges.   Don't get me wrong, her work deserved to lambasted.   But Tim was already on record as praising it.

I won't be watching the reunion show.   I couldn't bear even an instant of watching Erin's smug little head-jerks as she absorbs how wonderful she is. 

Edited by millennium
  • Love 4

I was still really hoping until the last second that they would choose Roberi's elegant, masterful designs for the win. But of course, Erin's oversized pastel neoprene boxes with baubles glued on is what won. We even saw Ashley (not wearing any lace, midriffs, or polyester flower bedspread gowns) in the crowd during the runway show for good measure/hinting.

Edited by Glade
  • Love 4

In part one of the finale I had a lot of hope for the end result as they had Michael Kors as a judge.  I think that most of his comments were right on the money, and most of the contestants seemed to realize the value of his opinions as he has a major line and understands fashion.  I also felt that the other judges had more specific and insightful comments as a result of having him on the panel.  I was really hopeful that he would be the guest judge on part two, but no...

Instead we had four judges who were really pushing a for a 'current and on-trend' designer when they really have no idea what is on trend.  Michael Kors' designs are far more fashion forward and influencing that are Zac's designs.  I have never seen someone in 'real life' wear neoprene other than in the ocean.  People laugh at Quaker Factory clothes on QVC as they have tons of embellishments and seemed to be designed for women of a 'ahem' certain age.  Yet when Erin creates clothes with embellishments, she is applauded for being youthful.  

I think that Laurence's downfall was using her own life for her inspiration.  Because it was her own life she had a connection to her designs that did not allow for critique.  Had she had a different perspective or inspiration, I think her line would have been much more developed and interesting.  I liked several of Rik's designs, and thought that Roberi's deserved the win.

I agree with a previous poster that the judges are rewarding demographics and not design.

• Love 9

Now that Erin has won and will be so busy being a famous designer (*cough, cough*) that she won't have time to randomly attach random stuff to her clothing, I have a time-saving tip for her - sew the outfit, put it on, spray on some adhesive, then roll around on a dirty floor.  Same effect, a lot less time.  

To paraphrase Freud - Sometimes a banana is just a tacky thing.  

• Love 16
On 12/24/2016 at 0:46 AM, ThatsDarling said:

Unfortunately, only past winners are allowed to win PR: All Stars. Roberi would end up losing to Ashley or Anya or Erin again.

No one will lose to Ashley. 

• Love 2

I kind of wonder if they (Heidi, Nina, Zac, whoever) encouraged Erin to go all Delpozo and maybe even cast her specifically for that tendency after deciding they wanted something that bizarre on the show, just for buzz.  The neoprene clothes look like they're made out of those sheets of craft foam you buy for little kids to make things out of.  The rest of her stuff I didn't mind, including the bananas.  I think the crotch banana was intentional not a mistake, which is why they didn't mention it.  That's what made it more ediTOErial.  I did like Erin's fruit dress she was wearing better than her show.  But I'd give her a solid 2nd place behind Roberi.   

For me, Laurence would've been fourth and Rik third.  Laurence never even wore anything cute herself besides maybe the Grace Jones t-shirt that got blurred.  One of her finale outfits was the ugliest thing I've seen all season.  It looked like it had shiny shoulder appliqued squares that were half ripped off and hanging there.  

56 minutes ago, RealityCowgirl said:

Which is why I will never watch an all-stars seasons where she is cast - because I believe you're right about this.

She cannot win again and that is WHY I would watch!  The judges realize their error now.  They got caught up in representing bigger women.  I honestly believe that the judges hated her collection and did not even know what a good collection of plus sizes should look like!  

i would like to see her get honest feedback, the criticism they failed to deliver in her season!  And Tim speak up during NOT after the fact.  

She would NEVER win again. 

Edited by wings707
  • Love 2

Shrug. I still like Erin and am happy that she won. 

Seeing the collections in motion, Roberi's ended up being my favorite but it was close. Laurence and Rik's weren't bad, just not fully realized. 

I maintain that this is one of my favorite Final 4s they've ever had. Each of them were likeable and consistent throughout the season and none of them were weak links in the vein of Char or Wendy Pepper. Season 3, 4 and 5 are obviously untouchable, and I loved the  whole season 10 Top 8, but this one's next in line. 

• Love 3

I'm wondering, if you're in a season where the winner seems preordained and you make it to the final, do you put your best effort into it or maybe just do a decent effort but save your really great ideas for the connections that may come after the show ends. I'm hoping that's what happened to Laurence because I was really excited to see what she came up with, which ended up being pretty underwhelming unfortunately.

• Love 5

I don't dislike Erin. I just don't love the oversized clothes she makes, and the collection was too much about that. I did find it more interesting than most of the others, though. I think she ended up against Roberi, because the judges felt that they were both "interesting".  Not a huge fan of either show, but they are both solid designers and decent people. I really can't get excited or outraged over it, but I guess outrage feeds on itself. 

• Love 3

But the idea that someone is preordained comes from the editing. I don't think the contestants have that much of a feel for preordained-ness when they are right in it working day in and day out. The judging goes on for hours. I imagine the judges give everyone both praise and criticism so the editors can work whichever story they want to tell.

• Love 2

The pre-ordained thing is as much Internet talk as anything, IMO. Erin was criticized several weeks in a row. We saw that. In the end, they liked her collection the best. Nothing especially egregious about the decision. Roberi wasn't better, with his potato sack waistbands and cellophane look. Laurence and her ready-to-wear was not show stopping. Rik appealed to my personal aesthetic, but my aesthetic is 1980s punk, so I can't say it is cutting edge, either. 

Edited by azshadowwalker

Erin's personality didn't bother me really until the finale episode.  Then the 'likes' started to get to me, and also the little girl mannerisms and the stuff like the spread eagle shirt and 'project funway'.  

Her mother is so pretty it makes me wonder what Erin would look like without all the try-hard styling.  

Heidi looked like she came right off the island of Themiscyra.

One of the judges said Erin was so brave for using the banana print. No, she's not brave, she just thinks her shit don't stink no matter what. And the judges certainly didn't call her on it. I do hope she disappears into obscurity like many of the other winners.

Was very disappointed that Laurance just fell apart at the end. Hated that leiderhosen-romper, but she may actually be on trend with that mess. I was at Ghost Bar at the Palms this weekend and there were several women wearing shorts rompers. A few of whom really should not have.

• Love 4

This shit is bananas, B-A-N-A-N-A-S!

First, the shallow - WTF was with Heidi's silver space hooker boots? She had the nerve to criticize some of this season's designs as cheap and tacky, but she wore those dated monstrosities that looked like Pretty Woman crossed with the Austin Powers fembots? Some of the models in the finale were really terrible. One of Rik's models held her forearms and hands so far away from her body that I was sure she would wack the other model when they passed each other on the runway. There were several other models who had terribly awkward walks.

I didn't love Rik's collection. I really disliked the glasses he put on the models. It made them look like they had walked out of a 3D movie without returning the cheap plastic glasses. I also wasn't a fan of the white sneakers with his last dress. But I give him credit for being completely finished with his collection before the morning of the show. It was nice to see him not running around like a chicken with its head cut off, scrambling to finish details, as we often see right before the final runway. And I think that he did a good job of listening to the judges from the preview and making changes. I disagree with Zac - that denim did NOT need to be bedazzled.

I was surprised that Laurence wore something so basic and boring for her runway show. She always looks so polished and effortlessly cool but that outfit looked like something that someone would wear to an office job in the 90s. I felt the same way about her collection. With a few exceptions (the leather jumpsuit and the linen potato sack dress), a lot of her collection looked like things that would have been worn to a boring office job 20 years ago. Of course, the exceptions were pretty eye popping. What was with that top that looked like a leotard? I couldn't believe that Heidi said Laurence didn't give her any surprises or wow moments and then no one brought up the top that looked like a leotard with an unsnapped crotch. I knew she was not going to win when Nina kept harping on how well made everything was. That's code for "you're a seamstress, not a designer." Zac admitted that her collection was mature and sophisticated, but no one cares.

I was also surprised by Roberi's basic outfit at the runway show. I know that they were up late finishing their collections, but this is a huge moment. Don't you want to wear something more interesting than a denim button down shirt with an XL pocket? I was not very excited about Roberi's pieces when I saw them in the workroom, but I ended up liking his runway show more than I thought I would. I think that's partly because the entire finale was a letdown and I had such low expectations. He did a good job making his collection look youthful and wearable, and he had a lot of separate pieces that could be mixed and matched with an existing wardrobe.

Gawd, Erin's outfit at the runway show was such a perfectly horrid representation of her: crafty, immature, and shapeless. Honestly, that looked like the kind of jumper I would expect to see on a little girl in kindergarten. I hated most of her pieces too. The neoprene pieces were so loose that they would look anyone look wide. HATED that fucking banana outfit. Talk about looking like a homemade craft project. And the banana right in front of the crotch? TACKY. I'm sure she thought it was provocative but that is like fifth grade humor. I know this is shallow, but I HATED her intro before her collection. "Hi? I'm Erin? I want to thank my parents...for coming?" I agreed with whichever designer (Roberi?) said that she had very simple pieces with a bunch of embellishments. Her first look was a perfect example: bra top with a skirt covered in the craft section. I could tell by the way that Nina was slobbering over Erin's collection that she was going to fight for her to win. Hilarious that both Zac and Nina said that Erin is "so in touch with her generation." Translation: I don't get it, but I think 20 year olds do so if I say this then 20 year olds will think I'm cool too!

I know that every season, the judges ask each designer why they should win. It's rare that anyone gives a good answer. Roberi said he makes things with love.  Rik said he has shown range and wants to represent this season. Erin said, "I think I've, like, come, like, such a far way but also kind of have come and, like, been, like, really strong during the season?" Yes, that's a word for word transcript.

On 12/22/2016 at 8:41 PM, HurricaneVal said:

How much content was in the actual 2-hour finale?  Between the endless commercials and then promos for the junior show, there must be less than an hour 's worth of actual PR content.

The entire episode was an hour and one minute long without commercials.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 11

Usually I understand the judges' choices, even if I'm not 100 percent on board. Obviously, I am one of the few (the proud) who liked Laurence's collection. Her slouchy, ready-to-wear ease is absolutely my jam. Or, as Erin would say, "my asTETik". Sometimes I just wish Tim would sit down and give these designers a vocabulary lesson.

I didn't care for Rik's collection since the denim was just a meh for me. Erin's was charming, but it all read as very junior t - and usually that's Nina's kiss of death, so it surprised me that Erin seemed to win overwhelmingly. Roberi was one of my favorite designers throughout the competition, but I didn't care for most of what he sent down the runway. I thought it was interesting that he said the collection reflected his journey...but then I had no idea what he was saying about his journey. for me Roberi and Laurence were the top two.

It didn't kill me that Erin won - she's certainly no Gretchen - and I definitely learned that Michael Kors should be a guest judge at least once a season. He was a breath of fresh, orange-y air and seemed especially able to tell the designers in a more concrete way what they needed to do in order to bring greater cohesiveness to their collections.

• Love 9
On ‎12‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 2:44 AM, Vermicious Knid said:

One of the judges said Erin was so brave for using the banana print.

I saw some bananas on shirts at H&M this week.  Erin copies trends that have come and gone already, nothing innovative about her style.

• Love 5

I'm not mad that Erin won, but I'm surprised that she did. Her clothes came off looking very junior and that awful banana print was very unappealing. After the judges' critique, I was positive she would get fourth place, not come out as the winner!

I felt bad for Roberi because it showed that he really wanted to win. His collection was the best in my opinion although I liked Rik's and Laurence's as well.

As a final thought, I hope Heidi burns those hooker space boots she wore. Those things were so damn distracting!

• Love 5
On 12/26/2016 at 10:58 AM, Oholibamah said:

Shrug. I still like Erin and am happy that she won. 

Seeing the collections in motion, Roberi's ended up being my favorite but it was close. Laurence and Rik's weren't bad, just not fully realized. 

I maintain that this is one of my favorite Final 4s they've ever had. Each of them were likeable and consistent throughout the season and none of them were weak links in the vein of Char or Wendy Pepper. Season 3, 4 and 5 are obviously untouchable, and I loved the  whole season 10 Top 8, but this one's next in line. 

There's at least two of us!  (I skimmed over the thread so I may have missed something--but it was clearly few and far between at the very least.)

I thought the final four were exactly the right choices, very talented and deserving; and the ultimate order was very close also (I might have given Laurence the edge over Roberi for second place).

I'm not necessarily crazy about Erin's mannerisms and way of speaking.  But I think she is very talented and unlike almost everyone, I thought the banana print was great.  (It's funny to me that the criticism of that has been unfocused and contradictory: either "ridiculous, no one would wear that" or "it's in all the stores already".  Uhhh...which is it?)

I only liked Rik´s collection. But it still wasn´t that great. I don´t know if Roberi or Laurence should have been number 2, they both sucked but I might be leaning towards Laurence, her colors were nice. And then Erin... I actually was her fan, but her final show was terrible. There were a few outfits that I liked like the banana outfit, but all the others were so terrible that I would have put her on the bottom. It´s a repeat almost of Ashley´s win. I also liked her throughout the competition but thought she least deserved to win at the finals.

On 12/23/2016 at 0:15 AM, swankie said:

It kills me how they always tell the designers to step out of the box, get out of their comfort zone, and don't be one note, yet when they do, they say, "I couldn't tell that was your design.  I didn't understand that look, it wasn't you!"  When Nena said that about Laurence I wanted to slap her.  I wish Laurence hadn't let the judges get in her head and made her lose herself.  If she had said to hell with them and done her own thing I think she probably would have won.

This!   I often want to slap the judges.  I agree with the posters on here who say the show needs new judges to shake things up.  Don't get rid of Tim Gunn though. He's about the only reason I still watch.  That and the hope of seeing something pretty and a bit fashion forward.