Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E15: Finale, Part 2

yeswedo
  • Start Topic

The designers rush to put the final touches on their collections; four designers show their work at New York Fashion Week, but only one can be crowned as the winner; guest judge Zendaya joins the panel.

Note: This is a two hour episode starting at 8pm EST. We will have a LIVE CHAT thread open for discussion during the episode.

I'm so disappointed with this season... it's been so "blah." The reunion special "may" be interesting, if there are any Dexter/Cornelius/Erin fireworks. Wanted Robieri, Laurence, or Rik to win. I stayed around for Project Runway Jr. -- yes, some of these younguns design much better than their elders.

• Love 6

My bitter behind does have one more comment though. Roberi used the same fabric that both my vintage Jem dolls and Crystal Barbie are rocking much better. Sigh. I expected more from him, though I wasn't wrong that he came farther than some thought.

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, sourpickles said:

My bitter behind does have one more comment though. Roberi used the same fabric that both my vintage Jem dolls and Crystal Barbie are rocking much better. Sigh. I expected more from him, though I wasn't wrong that he came farther than some thought.

I liked some of his looks but I think that Saran Wrap fabric looks very cheap. It reminds me of cheap vinyl raincoats. Also what was with the orange shoes on every model? They really looked awful with some of those blue and purple fabrics. 

• Love 13

I'm not surprised, but still dissapointed. 

Who on earth would wear tht banana print? I love a quirky print as much as the next girl but that was horrendous. 

I don't really know who zendaya is but i sort of hate her because she liked tht stupid print. 

Hopfully Roberi will pull a Mondo and win his season of all stars. He deserves that. 

• Love 23

Everything looked so crafty and "student work".  I'm so damn disappointed.  Though given the bs challenges, lack of time, etc.........I said last week I think, that I wonder if we saw everything everyone can really do.  Except Erin. I'm pretty sure we saw it all.  Just when I think this show can't sink anymore. 

Zendaya has good agents.  She's been on America's Next Top Model and PR this week alone.  Who knew?

• Love 14

What a disappointing season. I wasn't surprised Erin like won, like we all called it right? I thought her collection was juvenile. Bananas? Riiiight. When they announced she won I shook my head so hard I got whiplash. 

I wasn't all that impressed with the other three collections either.

laurence's was dull and boring. Rik's was not interesting to me, too much print denim.

Roberi's collection was ok. I like several of his pieces. His was at least mature looking. He should have won.

• Love 15

The judges seemed to be trying to convince themselves why they chose Erin as the winner when congratulating her and they were failing at it.

I liked Rik's simple color story for the looks. But, then I'm color blind SO...

Instead of declaring shenanigans, it's bananas! I'm officially declaring bananas for rewarding someone with "potential". Next.

Edited by rustyspigot
  • Love 11

Roberi used the same fabric that both my vintage Jem dolls and Crystal Barbie are rocking much better. Sigh. I expected more from him, though I wasn't wrong that he came farther than some thought.

Exactly my thought.  I am immensely disappointed in this season.  I'm also disappointed that none of the judges commented on the unfortunate placement of that banana on that one skirt.

• Love 13

Honestly? All four collections looked to me like they were from the same line. Loose, boxy/triangular, separates in shiny fabrics aimed at 20-year olds. Might as well have cut some arm holes in the Liberty Bell and sent that down.

Edited by lordonia
  • Love 21
3 minutes ago, Linderhill said:

Exactly my thought.  I am immensely disappointed in this season.  I'm also disappointed that none of the judges commented on the unfortunate placement of that banana on that one skirt.

So am I. I bet Kors would have.

• Love 12

I enjoyed Rik's show -- was pleasantly surprised at how well he'd pulled it together.  I did think Roberi's was the top show of the night and I would have given him the win.  His disappointment was sad to watch.  Erin's was, well, like, um, Erin's...I swear you could have put two people in that horrible pink shiny dress everyone seems to like.   Ever the optimist I hoped that the predicted Erin for the win wouldn't happen, but no.  We all should have realized that with Ms Marie Claire wearing appliqued dresses all season...

So Zendaya is now a designer as well eh?  Her "ad" left me totally scratching my head as to what she was actually selling, other than herself.  BTW, for those of you who don't know her, she's another straight off the Disney let's make a star product line, and has the dubious other distinction of having been on DWTS.

• Love 13

I found it unwatchable.  After fifty minutes I quit.  I'll watch fast forward sometime.  or not. 

What kind of producers allow one show to be a total advert for a second show? A body into which ads for their new show can be inserted, and inserted, and inserted......... 

Even worse, after my irritation was well established, I found myself listening for "like" and that was the end.  I think of the young uns,  the likes are way too strong with them.  Not that all are all that young.   

Project Runway is NOT so over the hill that it doesn't deserve a self contained finale.  Something is rotten in production and it can't be blamed on the switch from Bravo to Lifetime.  It's as if PR is throw away intro to the new face of the franchise.  Redefining "Disrespecting" the seamstresses. 

I remember when I liked most of the designers.  Now glue guns, neoprene, and raw hems rule.  Damn.  Just Damn.  I hope that the tallents that didn't win won't take this loss personally, because it belongs in the dreck hole of PR history along with Ashley and her flower pot hats.

Make that bedazzled, lazer cut flower pot hats and we might just have a new winner next season. 

• Love 15
8 minutes ago, Linderhill said:

I  noticed that placement as well, and wondered if Erin, with her "quirky sense of humor" deliberately placed it there.

Erin winning was no big surprise to me, but her lack of humility did - she could have, like, at least, like, acted, like a little surprised thaat she, like, won.

• Love 24

Erin...you totally rock. You are innovative, young, creative, and very much of the moment. Everything you touch is gold. Truly. And so editorial.

So says Nina, and so say they all. And they get paid for this. Of course, they loved Ashley too. They gave her the win and banished her forever from their thoughts.  Erin continues to get the entitled child edit. 

Memo to Nina: craft projects are not fashion. They are not high fashion. They are not editorial. They are crappy craft projects.

Erin managed not a single interesting silhouette. Not one. Her opener looked like a reject for a road show Aladdin. It went downhill from there. So, of course she won. Roberi is interesting, but I am not sold on his fabric choices...but he is the one who could actually have a career...too bad Michael Kors doesn't take him on. He needs more experience and a strong mentor.

• Love 17

After the first ten minute interruption of the finale to force-feed me precocious and (to me) utterly irritating Junior Designers (and once I realized this would be happening repeatedly through the entire show) I switched to the Great American Baking Show.  I came back to see the runway show and the anointing of the designer who came closest to being a precocious and utterly irritating Junior Designer who just happened to be old enough to compete on the "real" show.

Go to hell, Project Runway. I dumped Top Chef with no regrets,  I can dump you too.

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 16

I agree that this was a disappointing season.  I didn't care for any of the four collections.  Out of the 30 or 40 garments coming down the runway, there may have been two or three that I would wear.  And of course Erin won.  No surprise there.  I noticed at the end of the runway segment, they edited together the positive comments and Erin got two comments while the others got one each.  A portent of things to come.

Why didn't anyone do some cute cocktail dresses or fancy evening gowns?  All the outfits were either drab and dreary or cartoonish and cheap looking.    

• Love 9

Telegraphed conclusion from the start, so I'm fine with it, I guess... *shrug* Mostly, I feel disappointed that the other collections were so mediocre. I liked some pieces here & there, but nobody blew me away. Furthermore, I found Erin's finale look to be distasteful & insensitive. A Black model wearing a monkey/banana motif? No. No. Just no.

• Love 11

Erin's art projects won? WTF?

Who's is going to wear her bedazzled tents on the red carpet let alone to work or school? And the clanky buttons? This is not fashion. It's something out of a Tim Burton movie.

That is all.

• Love 18

I can't believe the judges didn't notice the banana jerking off on the front of Erin's skirt. A hand holding an erect banana coming from the crotch? WTF?

Erin does not make clothes that actual people would want to wear. 

That said, I was very disappointed by all four collections.

• Love 16

After the tongue bath they've been giving Erin all season, I pretty much expected her to win, but I found all 4 collections so boring, I don't think anybody else deserved the win over her. 

• Love 10

Me, ME! I would wear her bananas! I loved what she was wearing, too.  I want it. 

No one had a good collection.  Terrible season.

Santino, Jay, Austin, where are you?

Worst cast EVER. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, vibeology said:

Congratulations Delpozo! You are the winner of Project Runway Season 15. 

A part of me hoped that the judges wouldn't reward someone with a ripped off point of view with the win but I should never underestimate the desire of a bunch of middle aged people to desperately try to convince the world they are still young, cool and have their fingers on the pulse of what's next. 

Zac called her work student work and they still gave her the win. Whatever.

Roberi created the most interesting collection of the group and somehow pulled a theme out of his desire to put every idea he's ever had into ten looks. I thought he nailed a sophisticated sexy and he made those iridescent fabrics sing. 

I think you nailed it.  They are so desperate to prove they are youthful they voted for bedazzled tents.  Erin cannot fit anything.  Her collection was hideous. 

Throughout  the season I found Erin increasingly annoying.  I reached full on hate when she introduced her collection while doing that twisty thing with her feet that is supposed to make grown women seem like little girls.  SMH.

• Love 24

Awe, I like Zendaya!  I think she's pretty talented, I loved watching her on DWTS, and I guess she sings, too.  I just think she's really cute.

My mother and I have been watching the show together since Season 1.  My mother has the worst taste in clothes.  If she loves it, I hate it.  And I knew Erin was going to win because mom is a crafter and loved her stuff.

• Love 8

Any of them but Erin, I found myself muttering, anyone but Erin... fast-forward and then UGH NOOOOooooooOOOOooooo... wtf, people? Her collection looked like a clown parade!

Overall I was disappointed with all four collections, but hers was really cringeworthy. I don't get it -- if the judges are being sincere, they must be out of touch with reality, cuz those outfits were hilarious. ANY woman who showed up to a chic uptown cocktail party wearing one of those get-ups would be laughed out of the room. And if they are not being sincere, then the producers need to do a better job of picking their pre-arranged winners. This season is almost as stinkeroo as last season. 

• Love 18
2 hours ago, susannot said:

Horrible.  I probably will not watch again.

I'm right there with you. I quit this show once before for several seasons after Gretchen won, and I can do it again. Overall, this season was disappointing. The only reasons I stuck it out were liking the personalities of most of the designers (honestly, if Rick, Roberi, or Laurence had won, I would have been happy) and being able to debrief the episodes with a coworker and fellow watcher. Like many have commented, the Erin win seemed predetermined early on. I think PR needs a shakeup of the judges and judging. 

• Love 8

Can't say I'm surprised.  They protected her when she fell in the bottom week, after week, after ....... 

I can't believe their comments.  Zac says she cuts and pastes (translation - arts and crafts), they call her "brave" for sending this stuff out there.  She's not brave!  She's doesn't know this stuff looks like an LSD trip.  She's not brave, she's deluded.  (I read somewhere that Erin lives in the world of Dr. Seuss, and I totally see it.)  She is impeccable, she knows what is exactly right now!  I'm not on point with cutting edge fashion, but I don't see women wearing outfits that make an 85# model look pregnant. 

Speaking of models, I feel sort of bad saying this, but here goes - one of Erin's models was stunningly ugly.  I actually rewound to make sure I saw what I saw.  She was properly emaciated, but her face had the opposite of good bone structure.  I've seen many models who fall under "ugly pretty", but this one even missed that mark.  She also seemed to be lacking makeup, so perhaps that was part of it.  I'm not mentioning which outfit she wore, because I fear that she may be reading here.

• Love 6

Erin's whole line looked like clown clothes to me.  Of course, Kelly Osbourne loved it.  I can't see anyone but Kelly Osbourne wearing them.  The clothes all looked like her.   And I can't stand her!  And that big pink dress looked like an old housecoat my grandmother used to own.  Erin's whole line looked like an unconventional materials challenge.  Ugh!

It kills me how they always tell the designers to step out of the box, get out of their comfort zone, and don't be one note, yet when they do, they say, "I couldn't tell that was your design.  I didn't understand that look, it wasn't you!"  When Nena said that about Laurence I wanted to slap her.  I wish Laurence hadn't let the judges get in her head and made her lose herself.  If she had said to hell with them and done her own thing I think she probably would have won.  But at least she beat out Rik.  :-(

I wish Roberi had won.  His collection looked waayyyy better than Erin's Minnie Mouse looking rags!  Grrrrrrrr!

It was giving me a headache every time they switched and started showing the Project Runway Jr.  I don't like watching two shows at the same time.  I felt like invisible hands were messing with my remote.

• Love 11
1 minute ago, lidarose9 said:

Oh, and didn't you love the way Erin answered the question, why should you win Project Runway? -- basically saying because it would be so cool for me.

Typical. I had to fast forward through that Q&A. I can't stand that question, nor can I stand the mostly insipid responses. My other pet peeve Q&A is when the judges ask who should be aufed. I watch for the creativity and for the mentoring critiques, not the drama that the producers love to create and promote.

• Love 10