Type keyword(s) to search

Joy and Austin: This One Time At Family Camp

• Start Topic

On 12/4/2017 at 6:06 PM, sixlets said:

Here’s the full spread. If anyone would like the individual pages, please let me know. 

840537DF-F102-44C5-B934-9846C3952743.jpeg

On 12/4/2017 at 8:57 PM, awaken said:

I love the box on the bottom right with the Dullards:  “mission not accomplished “. Sounds like it would be a great tag line for their family!  

I'm loving Star magazine right now. Hahahaha. I used to buy Star and Us Weekly to read at the gym before smart phones...so I haven't bought/read one in years. This almost makes me want to go buy a copy just to show support for this piece. 

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 6
16 hours ago, YupItsMe said:

I doubt that she was pregnant when they married and if she was, or the baby comes early, all they have to do is hold off posting pics until February. Only the people that see her in real life would know.

Exactly!  They are all known for posting old photos & referring to things that happened in the past as being current.  All Joy would have to do is go into stealth mode for a month or so, and then circulate the "newborn" stuff.  After a while, you can pass off an 8 month old as a healthy 6 month old if necessary.  But by then, nobody will care.  And I agree her immediate family would circle the wagons & keep mum. 

But I actually think they waited, and Joy just caught the silver bullet on their honeymoon. 

• Love 4

I don't see why they need to hide. It would be good for ratings and their reputations to tell the truth no matter what that is.  I too think she got pregnant right after she got married, but it doesn't matter too much either way.  I think lying about this would ten times worse than just admitting if anything happened, because they've lied before and it came out. I think the more they lie, the more they damage their reputation.  

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 6

The only "update" they can give is yep, she's still pregnant.  And now that Kendra has announced, there's no need for the media or even the family to waste any more mock enthusiasm on a knocked-up redneck teen.  They have a brand new knocked-up redneck teen to talk about. 

And I imagine Jessa or Jill will be spewing out another one in the next year.  

• Love 4

I'm still on the side of 'knocked up before the wedding' and my theory is that they've gone quiet because her belly is really telling a story at this point. Like, too big for even a honeymoon baby.

But I could be wrong.

• Love 7

She was at Tori's wedding a couple weeks ago. I still think it's honeymoon baby, but she is far enough along that if something happened she was engaged when it did.  I think it says more that her parents picked out and approved of Austin, encouraged her to get engaged, married, and pregnant at 19, then it would if she were a little ahead of schedule. My guess is the wedding was not moved up despite the colors of the dresses. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 2

I know the speculation is fun, and we’d REALLY love to catch the Duggars in another lie and another act of hypocrisy, but I feel kinda bad impugning someone so sheltered and so ignorant. 

Yes, her parents pushed the courtship on her, and then the dolphin squeals after the pregnancy announcement. Did they wait?  For most people, no big deal, but if they didn’t , I for one would have more respect  for them if they just owned up to being human.  I also get how shame would keep her silent, since the DFO page had too many Fundies clutching their pearls and saying “they lost their way” over pants wearing, nose piercings, and mendhi.

IIRC, Jim Boob lowered the hammer on Joy and Austin since he was pretty vocal in his displeasure about how Jinger and Jeremy “broke courtship rules”.

• Love 9
40 minutes ago, Angeltoes said:

I'm not so sure the courtship was pushed on her since she'd had a crush on him for years.  She was ready to lock him down.

Ah, yes, I now recall her saying that. 

In their world, they have to marry their crushes in no time flat. 

• Love 3
20 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Has Joy already given birth to her ten pound "preemie"?

She doesn't strike me as the type of girl who lives for Instagram, but I find it interesting she's been conspicuously absent from all recent family photos. 

I know someone who had a honeymoon baby that weighed 9 lbs 9 oz, born at 37 weeks. Because of how gestation is calculated, from last period, her son was delivered 35 weeks after her wedding. She was extremely embarrassed at the realization that many people assumed she had not waited for marriage, as she had been a virgin. This woman had been a 10 lb 13 oz newborn herself, so she just had genetic predisposition to gestate a large baby.

I feel bad for Joy that so many people will make assumptions about her based on this pregnancy. I delivered an 11 lb baby at 38 weeks myself. That was 7 years after I got married, but if it had been a honeymoon baby, I'm sure I would have gotten lots of speculation, too. As it was, from 5 months on people were constantly asking if it was multiples or if I was sure I wasn' further along. I looked like I had a beach ball under my shirt at the end. My fundal height measured 45 weeks at my 38 weeks appointment,  just a day before I delivered.

• Love 12

My son was born mid December. I have a Thanksgiving picture where I look ( and was) exhausted.   I’m a little shorter than Joy( I think). I carried him just like she is carrying hers. I think she’s due when she said and that it  is a big baby.   Just like a previous poster, I feel sorry for her if she delivers a little early because of all the  grief she will continue to get from ‘fans’. 

She obviously loves Austin, who cares for her and at least has a skill that will keep them fed, housed and clothed. 

I’m also happy that they stay off social media. 

• Love 19

She looks like she's having a rough pregnancy. Didn't Jill have really bad morning sickness with one of hers? Maybe Joy is just not having an easy pregnancy and for a Duggar change, she and Austin are keeping a low profile. Neither of them have been all over Instagram anyway, and I honestly don't see her posting stuff like Jessa even after the baby is born. 

• Love 4
On 11/14/2017 at 0:34 PM, doodlebug said:

I work in hospitals and it is fine with me and those of us who work there if someone wants to use an available outlet in the waiting area or in a patient's room to charge a phone.  Not a big deal although portable batteries for charging phones are pretty cheap.  I keep one in my purse.  However, if a visitor is in a restricted area like an exam room, a procedure room, radiology and the like; I'd recommend asking first, sometimes, outlets need to be kept open for potential use in an emergency.  BTW, every single day, in my office, I have to ask multiple women to set their cell phones down so I can examine them properly.  And, I have been gobsmacked on more than one occasion to be told that an individual ALWAYS texts while being examined.  One told me, "I've never had a pelvic exam without my mom texting with me".  Whacky shit, IMO.

Surely this is a sign of the apocalypse.  GROW UP!!!!!!!!

On 11/14/2017 at 3:22 PM, Maharincess said:

But we didn't always have cell phones. My mom was in the hospital way before cell phones and I managed to call everyone and let them know. 

I'd be embarrassed to charge my phone in a public place. 

Eh, I plug my phone in in public places all the time.  I used to be a receptionist in an Oncology practice, I never cared if people plugged in in the waiting room. I actually loaned my cord to people from time to time.  I am super dependent on my phone, I'm 47.  But its not jus the calls/texts. It's also access to email, my calendar,  reminders, apps that I use like SpotHero, etc.  And if you need to make a call, good luck finding a pay phone.  It doesn't make people like me pathetic that we need our phones and need them to be charged. We are simply taking full advantage of current technology.  The idea that someone needs their MOMMY while having a pelvic...now THAT is pathetic!

• Love 13
14 hours ago, zoomama said:

one of the comments notes that the sparkle in her eye is gone. boy, that is no joke. she looks so tired. 

Pregnancy is tiring!! Even carrying around only an extra 20 lbs, I was exhausted the whole 3rd trimester. I took naps under my desk at lunchtime. She's carrying around a LOT more than 20 lbs.

• Love 10
13 minutes ago, MamaMax said:

Eh, I plug my phone in in public places all the time.  

The funniest phone charging situation was on America's Got Talent when the buzzers didn't work.  Why?  Mel B had unplugged the buzzer cord to plug in her phone at the judge's table.

Joy does look tired or sad or both.  I hope it's just tired.  I'd hate to think the bloom is off the rose this soon.

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Love 3

Joy doesn't sparkle like Jinger does, that's for sure.  

Someone on another thread posted that there's something off about Austin's eyes.  My friends laughed at me at the time, but I've said for a long time that Tom Cruise has mean eyes.  Austin's eyes remind me of Tom Cruise, and I don't see that as a good thing for Joy.

• Love 10
28 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

The funniest phone charging situation was on America's Got Talent when the buzzers didn't work.  Why?  Mel B had unplugged the buzzer cord to plug in her phone at the judge's table.

Joy does look tired or sad or both.  I hope it's just tired.  I'd hate to think the bloom is off the rose this soon.

I had my first baby in Feb 2000. I was SOOOOO TIRED at Christmas!!

• Love 3

I'm not sure at this point where Joy and Austin are living; as to what house they're in; if it's that fix-up house we saw before the wedding, I hope she wasn't pregnant in an RV parked outside OR in an unfinished house with just the kitchen and bedroom liveable. Having said that, Joy DOES NOT HAVE A JOB. She's at home every day. I wonder how those women who hold full time jobs like serving in a restaurant or a cashier in a store having to stand on their feet their whole shifts might feel. Sorry, not feeling it much for Joy unless Austin just doesn't understand; doesn't let her rest and is a jerk to her with her needs right now.

• Love 19
20 minutes ago, floridamom said:

I'm not sure at this point where Joy and Austin are living; as to what house they're in; if it's that fix-up house we saw before the wedding, I hope she wasn't pregnant in an RV parked outside OR in an unfinished house with just the kitchen and bedroom liveable. Having said that, Joy DOES NOT HAVE A JOB. She's at home every day. I wonder how those women who hold full time jobs like serving in a restaurant or a cashier in a store having to stand on their feet their whole shifts might feel. Sorry, not feeling it much for Joy unless Austin just doesn't understand; doesn't let her rest and is a jerk to her with her needs right now.

Yeah.. I am inclined to agree with you

.I am 15 weeks pregnant and had to travel a shit ton for my corporate job ( so i already have it easier than a lot of women who have harder jobs!) during the first trimester but I did literally find myself a little envious of the Duggar women who didn't have to hold back vomit during a 3 hour conference call or suffer through morning sickness on a 630 am flight...being out of town weeks at a time with 15 hour days ( ok ok ill put down my tiny violin!)

No work no school no other kids to tend for....it sucks to be sick but I also don't feel so bad for her unless she has HG or something. She can rest literally all day!!!! 

• Love 19

I think Joy didn't get pregnant until the honeymoon.  She gained a ton of weight because she ate crap food like a teenager...oh wait...thought it was cute to push her belly out  at Joe's wedding, like a teenager would do and BOOM!  She is body examined all over social media with articles popping up all over the place, comments and some of them were really rude etc. 

Anyway, I'm sure Joy and others read the speculation, gossip and body discussion.  That couldn't be very pleasant.  Maybe Joy doesn't want to deal with so much discussion about her pregnancy that she is staying off social media.  If every picture I posted caused a media storm, I'd stop posting pictures. 

I bet after the baby comes, we will see pictures of the baby.  

• Love 6
14 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I don't know when Joy got pregnant or how many weeks along she is. 

I just feel like I'm looking at a picture of a baby having a baby ... It is just so depressing.

I can't agree more with this. I always thought of joy as a "junior" version of all of the older girls. She's like the Skipper doll to the Barbies. If they were dolls, she'd be the "Fun Duggar Sister: High School Edition!" that comes with a real backpack and a tiny iPod or something, while the older Duggar dolls were full-sized and came with "cute clothes for courting!" I expected her to use her "young girl" status as long as she could, and basically act like a clueless teen for many, many more years while Jana took on the brunt of the responsibility. Maybe that was her plan, but when Jinger flew the coop, she realized she'd have to do a lot of work. Who knows? I just know that the girl who couldn't even choose a wedding dress or piece of cake was not ready to be married, and is light years away from being ready for children!!! Even if she had a husband like Ben, things wouldn't be too bad. Austin will expect her to pick out all the baby clothes and fix dinner every night, however. Someone like Jana who knows how to run a household and has firm opinions on how to do it would have been better for Austin!

• Love 17

Joy gained the weight in her belly though. It looks like hard baby belly, so I'm looking askance at Joy's honeymoon baby. Plus, in some of those wedding pics she looks preggos. Had the Duggars not been such judgmental pricks no one would speculate. They've brought the scrutiny on themselves. 

• Love 11

Much as I'd love to believe she got pregnant before she got married, I don't. But she might be having multiples, or some pregnancy stuff. Never had the privilege of being pregnant so don't know, but she carries like my ex sister in law did when she was pregnant with my nephews.

• Love 4

Joy gained the weight in her belly though. It looks like hard baby belly, so I'm looking askance at Joy's honeymoon baby. Plus, in some of those wedding pics she looks preggos. Had the Duggars not been such judgmental pricks no one would speculate. They've brought the scrutiny on themselves.

Yes, I agree. I do think the scrutiny is a bit gross and uncomfortable, but I blame the Duggars for it. I'd honestly be happy for Joy if she had enough independent thinking and freedom to have premarital sex with Austin (although sad that she's having a child so young). But it's the hypocrisy of it all. 

• Love 5

I also agree with whoever said she was so worried about her wedding dress fitting. Maybe she was slightly pregnant and worried that she'd outgrow it! Even worse, she couldn't talk about it and get those feelings out there, except maybe to Jana, who seemed to sympathize with her. Gaining weight rapidly when you have no control is a scary thing!!! I gained 50 pounds in about two months last year, and literally burst out of all my clothes overnight! I'm not sure how that even happened, but it has been horrible! I've only been able to lose a little bit of the weight, and I've been eating well and exercising normally for months. I got my thyroid checked and it was normal, but I can't help wonder if it's responsible. I did go a year without exercising because I was literally sick all year, but the weight gain happened soooooo fast, and has been impossible to lose!!! If I'd had a wedding coming up while I was gaining so fast, I would have stood in the dressing room and cried over my options, scared to death that I would look awful on my wedding day!  

• Love 10

I'm going to assume that Joy and Austin sat in that booth to the left of them and that they had the picture taken after they ate and were prepping to leave. As someone who had two almost ten pound babies and gained 55lbs with one pregnancy and then 40 with the other, I'm going with this as the reason Joy looks exhausted:

She just schlumped her big old baby bump and full belly of food across the booth's seat (which she felt crammed into....and she should have requested a table) to get out of the booth. I remember doing so post-meal at Olive Garden while pretty pregnant (no tables were free) and getting out of the booth seemed like a workout on its own. I wouldn't have wanted to pose for a picture after climbing my big pregnant belly out of a booth.  (And for what it's worth, I ran 18-20 mi/wk until I was 7 months pregnant. Even though I gained a lot of weight, I was sedentary not or anything when I got pregnant or during pregnancy. I also worked full-time, too. But getting out of booths was hard while pregnant.)

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 6
22 hours ago, Christina87 said:

I can't agree more with this. I always thought of joy as a "junior" version of all of the older girls. She's like the Skipper doll to the Barbies. If they were dolls, she'd be the "Fun Duggar Sister: High School Edition!" that comes with a real backpack and a tiny iPod or something, while the older Duggar dolls were full-sized and came with "cute clothes for courting!" I expected her to use her "young girl" status as long as she could, and basically act like a clueless teen for many, many more years while Jana took on the brunt of the responsibility. Maybe that was her plan, but when Jinger flew the coop, she realized she'd have to do a lot of work. Who knows? I just know that the girl who couldn't even choose a wedding dress or piece of cake was not ready to be married, and is light years away from being ready for children!!! Even if she had a husband like Ben, things wouldn't be too bad. Austin will expect her to pick out all the baby clothes and fix dinner every night, however. Someone like Jana who knows how to run a household and has firm opinions on how to do it would have been better for Austin!

I'd like to think Joy willingly flew the coop on her own to get the hell out of dodge. In reality I suspect the Austin-Joy arrangement was pushed earlier than expected for various reasons. Like the lawsuit, having another wedding and honeymoon for the TV show, and to deflect away from how young Kendra is (and she is also a baby having a baby).

Edited by PikaScrewChu
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, PikaScrewChu said:

I'd like to think Joy willingly flew the coop on her own to get the hell out of dodge. In reality I suspect the Austin-Joy arrangement was pushed earlier than expected for various reasons. Like the lawsuit, having another wedding and honeymoon for the TV show, and to deflect away from how young Kendra is (and she is also a baby having a baby).

I tend to agree. I also think it's no coincidence that once the news of the Josh scandal hit, the youngest victims were married off pretty quickly after, as if JB knew their stock had plummeted in Fundie world and he better get them married off while he at least still had a show (Counting On) to use as a sort of dowry. 

• Love 16
1 hour ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

I also think it's no coincidence that once the news of the Josh scandal hit, the youngest victims were married off pretty quickly after, as if JB knew their stock had plummeted in Fundie world and he better get them married off while he at least still had a show (Counting On) to use as a sort of dowry

I think this explains why Jim Bob agreed to let Jeremy court/marry Jinger, even though he obviously disliked him, felt threatened by him and was passive-agressively nasty to him on camera. 

• Love 9
6 hours ago, zenme said:

Absolutely. Especially with all the pervert skeletons in their closet, who the hell are they saying "nike" to anyway?  No Duggar love here. Hypocrites. 

I just think that Joy, personally, took a lot of heat with her weight and baby belly and has laid low ever since.  

• Love 8
4 hours ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

I tend to agree. I also think it's no coincidence that once the news of the Josh scandal hit, the youngest victims were married off pretty quickly after, as if JB knew their stock had plummeted in Fundie world and he better get them married off while he at least still had a show (Counting On) to use as a sort of dowry. 

2 hours ago, Albanyguy said:

I think this explains why Jim Bob agreed to let Jeremy court/marry Jinger, even though he obviously disliked him, felt threatened by him and was passive-agressively nasty to him on camera. 

Absolutely. Jeremy started showing up right before/right after the scandals broke (scandals broke late summer 2015 yes?-he was at Jessa’s baby shower for Spurgeon), he met Jinger, liked her, and went on the mission trip to know her better, this was before Counting On was a sure thing. Jinger and Jeremy only “offically” courted for 7 weeks (summer 2016) before engagement- hogwash I think he and Jinger had talked about a future together before he asked JB to court her. Also, Jinger may have been one of the older kids that WOULDVE gotten the hell out of dodge if JB stopped her from pursuing a guy she wanted. 

With Joy and Austin, they had known each other and probably had been crushing on each other for years (their chemistry does seem natural). JB was probably heistiant to let another “worker” go, but Austin was ready to marry and that was that. 

2 hours ago, Marigold said:

Absolutely. Especially with all the pervert skeletons in their closet, who the hell are they saying "nike" to anyway?  No Duggar love here. Hypocrites. 

I just think that Joy, personally, took a lot of heat with her weight and baby belly and has laid low ever since.  

Yes. Joy has a much curvier build than her slimmer sisters- and no im not using that as a euphemism for “fat” I do mean curvy. She has a larger bust, buttocks and hips that the other girls, who are pear shaped but slim, and Jinger is very petite. I could see her being self conscious about her weight with all the speculation.

• Love 10
11 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Thankfully, they're not having a gender reveal. They wish to be surprised. I wonder if she's even had an ultrasound, given that the Duggars get them around 20 weeks just to find out the gender.

I hadn't heard that. I give them props for bucking the trend and opting to be surprised. 

• Love 17

What concerns me is that if Joyanna did not go to an ultrasound boutique to find out the sex of her baby she may very well be winging this pregnancy with no prenatal care at all.....I have a sick feeling they are using Jilly Muffin for medical care.....

• Love 15