Type keyword(s) to search

Joy and Austin: This One Time At Family Camp

• Start Topic

13 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

Swim forward? I’m confused.

All I can think of is maybe she kinda learned how to float on her back at some point -- maybe somebody encouraged her to become water safe to at least that extent? -- and then propelled herself by kicking.....in which case, "swimming backwards" kinda sorta? 

Or else she's making absolutely zero sense, which is quite possible. 

ETA: Oops. See I'm a day late although not really a dollar short, just kind of redundant. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 3

I took Joy's comment to mean that she REALLY couldn't do any type of swimming prior to training - she was so inexperienced in swimming that she couldn't do what she perceived was the simplest type of swimming, which would be swimming forward. Given that she's a middle, her comments are on point with Michelle's comments. The middle children got screwed in this household.

• Love 4

Oh my God, that's terrible.  I had to turn the video off immediately.  Poor kitties in a box, presented to a 1-year-old and a bunch of other grabby kids.  I hate that, and the adults for doing that.

Forgot to note, it was strange that Josie basically dove into the box (meant for someone else) for a kitty.  Isn't she 12 or 13 now?  What's wrong with her?

Edited by CouchTater
  • Love 23
41 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

Kind of bratty of Josie to grab the kitten away from the little girl.

Right?! Like what the hell?! That girl is way too old to be doing something like that. What is wrong with that kid?

Poor kittens. I'm sure they'll be tossed outside like the dog and eventually end up as coyote food. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, emmawoodhouse said:

What is it with these people and animals they won't take care of? 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CTiImj0Jc-p/?utm_medium=copy_link

Well the Duggars do things a little bit different after all. Those poor kitties with all those little kids all over them. And Josie is too old to be grabbing the kitten, I doubt have the sound on, did anyone correct her? She’s been treated as a baby and is small for her age but not an excuse.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, CouchTater said:

Oh my God, that's terrible.  I had to turn the video off immediately.  Poor kitties in a box, presented to a 1-year-old and a bunch of other grabby kids.  I hate that, and the adults for doing that.

Forgot to note, it was strange that Josie basically dove into the box (meant for someone else) for a kitty.  Isn't she 12 or 13 now?  What's wrong with her?

She's 11, until December. 

• Love 1
38 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

Somebody made her give it back.  

I’m not comfortable with them not addressing their dog’s fate. Would they even bother to return the kittens or rehome them?

Its not fair for Jill to have to take on pets she didn’t adopt. 

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, SMama said:

I’m not comfortable with them not addressing their dog’s fate. Would they even bother to return the kittens or rehome them?

Its not fair for Jill to have to take on pets she didn’t adopt. 

It's not really fair but I have more trust that Jill can provide a semi-decent home for the kittens. For one, Sam and Izzy obviously care a great deal about Fenna and seem very gentle with animals. Many dogs and kittens develop a very strong bond. It just hurts my heart thinking the poor kittens will be left outside to fend for themselves.

• Love 4

I don’t think they’d think of rehoming or even raising them as indoor cats. I assume they’d be loose on the property, and were “given” to a 1 yr old for the social media moment and cuteness of kittens, not as a long term pet to care for. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 5

With regards to Josie's behavior in that video - my niece, also a micropreemie, is still behind developmentally and socially at 9 1/2.  She was diagnosed with ASD, although hers is mild compared to some (you really may not clue in until you spend a lot of time with her)  I could see her doing what Josie is doing.  The difference is my niece, since the age of 3 or so, has been in early intervention and all sorts of special education programs in public school to help her learn and cope with what life has thrown at her.

Poor Josie has not and will probably still behave that way when she's 20, too. :( 

• Love 5
5 hours ago, kstar821 said:

With regards to Josie's behavior in that video - my niece, also a micropreemie, is still behind developmentally and socially at 9 1/2.  She was diagnosed with ASD, although hers is mild compared to some (you really may not clue in until you spend a lot of time with her)  I could see her doing what Josie is doing.  The difference is my niece, since the age of 3 or so, has been in early intervention and all sorts of special education programs in public school to help her learn and cope with what life has thrown at her.

Poor Josie has not and will probably still behave that way when she's 20, too. :( 

If Josie receives no intervention, which I would bet money that she won’t, will she be able to live independently someday?

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

If Josie receives no intervention, which I would bet money that she won’t, will she be able to live independently someday?

Is that an important consideration for her parents?  Seems like you're expecting an awful lot when they're already concerned that she dresses properly, wears her hair the most pleasing way, eventually marries well and promptly begins birthing grandbabies to ensure they achieve an eyepopping amount to parade in front of any and everybody.

I cannot believe they posted the video of the cats in the box! This is reminiscent of Michelle putting  kittens in a pitcher, and Dillweed sledding, and almost hitting a cat. These people need to learn how to properly care for children, before they can care for animals. 

• Love 14
5 minutes ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

I cannot believe they posted the video of the cats in the box! This is reminiscent of Michelle putting  kittens in a pitcher, and Dillweed sledding, and almost hitting a cat. These people need to learn how to properly care for children, before they can care for animals. 

AIMING for the cat. FIFY.

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

It really reminded me that I dislike these people and what they stand for.  I was slipping into a "they're not so bad" mindset (minus CSA Pest, of course).  Kittens-in-a-box-gate woke me the hell up!  Ugh.

• Love 12
54 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

Wait… what? Meechelle put kittens in a pitcher??? WHAT?

I think they found a litter of kittens near or in the McMansion that Jill and Deertick lived in prior to going to Scary America and there was a large pitcher there so MEshell put them inside of it,

Edited by BigBingerBro
1 hour ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

Amy's husband threw a cat against a wall.

• Love 1

There was some discussion about Mech having worked as an assistant at a vet's office when she was in high school.  She said this is what she was taught to do.  It made no sense at the time.  They had found a litter of kittens inside the wall of a house they were renovating, and they brought them home and they were put in the pitcher to keep them contained and warm.  Then they found another litter of kittens at another job site and brought them home.  There may even have been a third litter.  I also remember the howlers removing debris from the litter box with their hands.  No mention of what ever happened to the kittens.  My guess would be that the mother was scared off by the noise of all these people, and if they had left them alone the mothers would have come back.  But, there has to be some excitement for the TV show.  Never mind animal welfare.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

There was some discussion about Mech having worked as an assistant at a vet's office when she was in high school.  She said this is what she was taught to do.  It made no sense at the time.  They had found a litter of kittens inside the wall of a house they were renovating, and they brought them home and they were put in the pitcher to keep them contained and warm.  Then they found another litter of kittens at another job site and brought them home.  There may even have been a third litter.  I also remember the howlers removing debris from the litter box with their hands.  No mention of what ever happened to the kittens.  My guess would be that the mother was scared off by the noise of all these people, and if they had left them alone the mothers would have come back.  But, there has to be some excitement for the TV show.  Never mind animal welfare.

These people truly are the scum of the f’ing earth.  I will straight up HURT YOU if I see you mistreat, or find out that you’ve mistreated, an animal.  And when I think of what that psychopath Josh may’ve done to animals… 😤🤬

• Love 6

There were lots of negative comments about the kittens being handled by the kids. She did respond to a comment and said the kids are supervised with the kittens and they are kept out of reach the rest of the time. I hope that is true. Several comments asking about their dog but no response on that.  Hope at least the concern made her know that people are watching and she does take better care of the kittens. I have low expectations.  

• Love 2

We have given our daughter two kittens for her birthday before but she was eight, had been around cats and kittens her entire life, and knew how to handle that. The kittens were as much for us as for her(we had lost our thirteen year old tortie earlier that year) but it made her feel important that she got to pick them out. They were never in a box, instead we took her to a shelter and brought them home from there in a cat carrier. 

It was a lot iffier when she was four and we found our now six year old deaf cat on the side of the road as a kitten. She needed constant supervision then, now they are thick as thieves. 

Joy's littles, I don't know about them. They are going to require constant supervision around the kittens. 

• Love 12
3 hours ago, galaxygirl76 said:

We have given our daughter two kittens for her birthday before but she was eight, had been around cats and kittens her entire life, and knew how to handle that. The kittens were as much for us as for her(we had lost our thirteen year old tortie earlier that year) but it made her feel important that she got to pick them out. They were never in a box, instead we took her to a shelter and brought them home from there in a cat carrier. 

It was a lot iffier when she was four and we found our now six year old deaf cat on the side of the road as a kitten. She needed constant supervision then, now they are thick as thieves. 

Joy's littles, I don't know about them. They are going to require constant supervision around the kittens. 

I think a kitten is a perfectly fine gift for a kid who is old enough to treat it properly and help with its care.  Certainly an 8 year old who has been around cats for years is probably ready for it.  However, Joy's daughter is only a year old, her son is only 3.  No way are either of them old enough to be trusted to treat a kitten properly, especially in light of the fact that it doesn't seem like they've ever been around any house pets ever.  

My nephew got to go to the shelter and pick out a kitten for his 6th birthday after their beloved family cat who'd been part of the family longer than him, died.  Worked out great, he loved 'his' cat who lived a long and happy life.

• Love 14