Type keyword(s) to search

Joy and Austin: This One Time At Family Camp

• Start Topic

WOACB said today that, according to her source, Austin has been extremely successful in house-flipping, he's got an amazing work ethic, and her source said they wouldn't be surprised if he was on his way to becoming a millionaire.  The source also said he's very close to the Duggars.  

• Useful 2
  • LOL 12
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, BitterApple said:

The same Austin who got sued over a shoddy septic system?

and the same Austin that had an expired contractors license for 6mos this year.

I'm not even sure he is still flipping houses since he started a new llc called Skybound Aviation in September.

Edited by crazy8s
  • Useful 6
  • Love 8

Austin is one person, flipping houses in AR, not a celebrity holding three or four multi million dollar homes at a time.

Almost everyone on these boards with a full time job will make a million in the next 20 - 30 years. So ya, sure, he's on his way to make a million dollars, the problem is, he'll be spending it to live on over those same years.

• Love 13

good lord - who thinks like this??

G R A T I T U D E. It turns what we have into enough.🍂

It’s hard to believe that I only have 15 more Autumn seasons with Gideon and 17 with Evelyn before they’re grown.🤯 It puts things into perspective and helps me cherish the good and the hard days I have with them.🧡

*gideon insisted I take a picture of just him with his cowboy hat!

2h

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
42 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

good lord - who thinks like this??

G R A T I T U D E. It turns what we have into enough.🍂

It’s hard to believe that I only have 15 more Autumn seasons with Gideon and 17 with Evelyn before they’re grown.🤯 It puts things into perspective and helps me cherish the good and the hard days I have with them.🧡

*gideon insisted I take a picture of just him with his cowboy hat!

2h

They may be grown but that doesn't mean they're leaving. I mean, it's not like they'll be going to college and auntie Jana has had many autumns with Boob and Meech since 'grown'.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
7 minutes ago, galaxygirl76 said:

They may be grown but that doesn't mean they're leaving. I mean, it's not like they'll be going to college and auntie Jana has had many autumns with Boob and Meech since 'grown'.

No doubt Gideon will be working with Austin long before he is 18, and will just continue into adulthood. He won’t have an education and that will be his only option. He won’t be leaving, Joy.

• Love 3

That's quite possibly the dumbest post ever, and it's already a low bar. 15 more autumns until what? Gideon leaves for college? Joins the military? Enters trade school? Moves into his own place? He's not going anywhere. He'll be JD 2.0, puttering around with Austin and living at home until he eventually marries (after which he'll spend 99.9% of his time with his parents and extended family). The cycle just goes on and on...

• Useful 1
  • Love 19
26 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

That's quite possibly the dumbest post ever, and it's already a low bar. 15 more autumns until what? Gideon leaves for college? Joins the military? Enters trade school? Moves into his own place? He's not going anywhere. He'll be JD 2.0, puttering around with Austin and living at home until he eventually marries (after which he'll spend 99.9% of his time with his parents and extended family). The cycle just goes on and on...

I'm guessing until he becomes a legal adult. 

• Useful 2
8 hours ago, BitterApple said:

That's quite possibly the dumbest post ever, and it's already a low bar. 15 more autumns until what? Gideon leaves for college? Joins the military? Enters trade school? Moves into his own place?

Stops sucking his thumb?

• LOL 15
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, Temperance said:

I don't think it's dumb, but sad. Poor Joy! She got married and had babies too young. It sounds like she's desperately unhappy.

By the time Gideon and Evelyn are as old as Joy mentioned, she'll be so busy with their gazillion siblings, she won't even notice. Unless, by some happy chance, they're stopping at two.

• Love 9

I think Joy thinks she should be happy, but she's not. That's the feeling I get -- that she thinks with a good (by fundie standards) husband, two adorable kids, a large social media following, a very godly life, she should be super-happy. 

I also can't help but notice that the kitten they got for Gideon has disappeared.

• Useful 1
1 minute ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I hope that they at least took it to a shelter. But knowing these people, they probably let it loose out the back door to fend for itself. 😥

I hope they gave the kitten to some restaurant at least :( In NYC most restaurants/delis/grocery  stores have a cat patrolling the premises for vermin.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

Well that is not a flip and Austin has no general contractor's license, so I will say he is all in on whatever Duggar lot buying/home building/Joe Duggar house selling shenanigans most of the Duggar males seem to be involved in these days.

I cannot find any property in Austin's name other than their house and also no property listed for either of their known Llcs

• Useful 13
15 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Joy said in her IG story that Austin is now a commercial contractor.

the only license I see for Austin is the same restricted one Josiah, Jason and Jeer's llcs have " Light Building - (Commercial & Residential), Remodeling, Renovations, Restoration, Alterations". Austin has had that for several years except for a lapse when it expired for about 6 mos. also interesting his license and Josiah's have the same exact start/ expiration dates and both had lapses and then restarted at the same time.

• Useful 13

I was just thinking -- treating pets humanely is like one small way the Duggar children can break the wheel. It's too much to expect them to become more tolerant people, or to develop any kind of work ethic. I don't think any of them have it in their toolbox to do that. But not being crappy to a pet is like one way they can be better than their parents.

Jill's dog Fenna seems like a loved member of the family. She's often just in the background milling about as Jill does her IG stories. That's a good thing -- Fenna's just a part of the family, hanging out with everyone. 

Joy already had Brielle and that didn't work. Now it seems like they abandoned two kittens weeks after adopting them. That's so depressing on so many levels.

Joy can't even put a pair of shoes on Evy when going to a construction site. You can't expect someone who can't even take Cate of their kids to be compassionate to animals. 

Derelict must have had a pet growing up; that could explain their success with Fenna. But none of these other yahoos should ever consider having a pet. They're clueless.

• Love 8
18 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Joy can't even put a pair of shoes on Evy when going to a construction site. You can't expect someone who can't even take Cate of their kids to be compassionate to animals. 

Derelict must have had a pet growing up; that could explain their success with Fenna. But none of these other yahoos should ever consider having a pet. They're clueless.

True but then they shouldn't have pets.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

It’s difficult when they ask questions because Joy rarely knows the answers. I hope Austin’s education was at least better than Joy’s.

1 minute ago, MunichNark said:

Is Joy the dumbest Duggar? Seriously, no shoes??

Jessa has also done this many times.

Just now, MunichNark said:

Ah but I give Jessa some credit - she doesn't come across as dumb. Lazy, spoilt, entitled, bitchy, uncaring, cold...............but not dumb

A little bit dumb 🤣. Walla!

Edited by Cinnabon
  • LOL 12
  • Love 3