Type keyword(s) to search

Joy and Austin: This One Time At Family Camp

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Joy and Austin are probably on Boob's shit list after their statement. 

I suspect so. But I also suspect things are pretty grim in the TTH right now. Even if I was magically on Jim Bob's good side, I don't think I'd be hanging around any more than I had to. 

• Love 23

My guess is that they probably don’t. Jill and Derick said they don’t do Santa because they believe it’s a gateway for kids to question their parents teachings of God once they realize Santa is a lie. I imagine that’s probably the typical fundie stance, although I do know non religious people who don’t do Santa either because they find it dishonest 

Regardless, it’s nice the kids will grow up with Christmas movies. I wouldn’t be surprised if those two maybe watched mainstream tv considering they have a big smart tv. Funny enough, I remember seeing a video on tumblr of Kendra and a friend quoting Billy Eichner’s “AND SHE DROVE ME HERE!” from Parks and Rec

Edited by VioletWitch
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

I think people probably overthink the Santa thing. I did apparently resent being lied to about Santa in the moment. I don't remember this conversation with my dad, but apparently as a 5 year old, I demanded to know what else I'd been lied to about, which he found quite traumatizing as a parent. But I don't remember any of this, so I must have moved past it pretty quickly. LOL 

• LOL 18
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, VioletWitch said:

My guess is that they probably don’t. Jill and Derick said they don’t do Santa because they believe it’s a gateway for kids to question their parents teachings of God once they realize Santa is a lie. I imagine that’s probably the typical fundie stance, although I do know non religious people who don’t do Santa either because they find it dishonest 

Regardless, it’s nice the kids will grow up with Christmas movies. I wouldn’t be surprised if those two maybe watched mainstream tv considering they have a big smart tv. Funny enough, I remember seeing a video on tumblr of Kendra and a friend quoting Billy Eichner’s “AND SHE DROVE ME HERE!” from Parks and Rec

I would rather the kids learn something about the many other religions out there , but Santa is a start?

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

Glad to see Little St. Nick by the Beach Boys is playing on Joy's Mom Tip video. 

On one of the IG stories, Joy and Austin are listening to Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree.

Progress.  🙂

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Love 20

I think Duggar Christmas will be Anna and the M kids; possibly with Anna’s parents? I could see them trying to create normalcy for the kids and surrounding them with cousins. Definitely John and Abbie, Seewalds, Joe and Kendra + Caldwells, and Jed+Katey. Jeremiah is in Nebraska right now so he might be spending it with Hannah and her family, and since Justin and Claire spent Thanksgiving with the Duggars they might spend Christmas in Texas. 

I’m guessing we won’t be treated to Jessa’s annual “Duggar Christmas” video this year. 

Edited by VioletWitch
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4
Just now, emmawoodhouse said:

The Caldwells and Boob are on the outs. They won't be at the TTH anytime soon. Joe and Kendra may split their day between both sets of parents since they're so close in proximity.

Oh wow, what’s going on there? Isn’t Pa Caldwell their pastor? Usually they spend Thanksgiving AND Christmas with the Duggars. 

Well, I guess the Forsyths could be splitting Christmas between the families. They had a bunch of presents under their tree which made me think it was with Austin’s family. Usually the Duggars do a gift exchange where each person exchanges 2-3 gifts with one other person, and then JB and Michelle contribute a gift bag to each kid and grandkid

• Useful 1

The Duggars left the Caldwell's church in Spring 2020. The reason is unclear, but Boob also apparently evicted them from the home on the Champion Motorcars lot (now Jed! and Katey's home). The Caldwells presently live in a home that was originally built for Joe and Kendra. 

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • Love 5
52 minutes ago, auntieminem said:

What's next? Elf on the Shelf? My mom would have never went for that, she had a hard enough time pretending there was a Santa until I was 7 or so.  

I collect these 😂

5E4F2AC2-9AE4-4D2E-A303-4C6293E94E6D.jpeg

47 minutes ago, VioletWitch said:

I think Duggar Christmas will be Anna and the M kids; possibly with Anna’s parents? I could see them trying to create normalcy for the kids and surrounding them with cousins. Definitely John and Abbie, Seewalds, Joe and Kendra + Caldwells, and Jed+Katey. Jeremiah is in Nebraska right now so he might be spending it with Hannah and her family, and since Justin and Claire spent Thanksgiving with the Duggars they might spend Christmas in Texas. 

I’m guessing we won’t be treated to Jessa’s annual “Duggar Christmas” video this year. 

When are the M kids not surrounded by cousins?

• LOL 18
  • Love 1

A shot from Joy's Christmas movie if anyone wants to guess what it is. Also don't you all drag out your giant tv and park it on your kitchen table to watch a christmas movie while you wrap gifts and drink your starbucks? the buckets of paint and possibly a power tool in the corner is a nice decorating touch there as well

Screenshot (180).png

• LOL 10
24 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

A shot from Joy's Christmas movie if anyone wants to guess what it is. Also don't you all drag out your giant tv and park it on your kitchen table to watch a christmas movie while you wrap gifts and drink your starbucks? the buckets of paint and possibly a power tool in the corner is a nice decorating touch there as well

Screenshot (180).png

Well Joy did post sometime last year they had settled into a routine with too much TV. Funny though, I've lived with TVs my whole life. Every single one of them came with an off switch. 😁📺⏹️🙃

• LOL 19
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, VioletWitch said:

I know the M’s usually spend it in Florida with the Kellers, although last year they spent in TTH. I hope this will be a good Christmas for them, all things considered. 

Now that Baby Nurthan is here, I assumed Jill Rod and her troop might descend upon the Kellers for Christmas....which is literally the last thing those poor M kids need in their lives, a crazy blonde lady chasing them around on her bad leg trying to get them to drink Plexus while Gut With Ears eats all their Christmas candy.

I hope Blob and Meech enjoy a big, silent, empty house this Christmas.

Edited by laurakaye
  • LOL 4
  • Love 11
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Well Joy did post sometime last year they had settled into a routine with too much TV. Funny though, I've lived with TVs my whole life. Every single one of them came with an off switch. 😁📺⏹️🙃

Too much tv? I wonder what all they watch?

• Love 4

I watched the story and Austin came across as relaxed, and to my surprise, likable. He usually comes across Ben like, not wanting to be there or being filmed. Except when he’s engaging with his kids, he seems sincere in his love for them.

I wonder if attending the trial, while very emotional, was also cathartic for Joy and Austin. I can’t imagine the cruelty of Joy reliving the abuse, but also finding out there was more than she was told by her POS parents. I hope they are working together to get to a good place emotionally.

Husbands are funny when they think they are getting one up on their wives. Austin teasing Joy as to the whereabouts of her gifts was funny. Joy knew exactly where he stashed them. It still was a cute moment between them. Austin also let it known that it was more than one present. Something tells me Joy would be fine with a power tool, or some work clothes. She seems low maintenance.

If it wasn’t for their horrible beliefs they could be the poster wholesome family. Wrapping gifts, going to dinner, and taking the kids the see Christmas lights. Perhaps the total crumbling of the Duggar house of cards will teach them a few lessons. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, SMama said:

I watched the story and Austin came across as relaxed, and to my surprise, likable. He usually comes across Ben like, not wanting to be there or being filmed. Except when he’s engaging with his kids, he seems sincere in his love for them.

I wonder if attending the trial, while very emotional, was also cathartic for Joy and Austin. I can’t imagine the cruelty of Joy reliving the abuse, but also finding out there was more than she was told by her POS parents. I hope they are working together to get to a good place emotionally.

Husbands are funny when they think they are getting one up on their wives. Austin teasing Joy as to the whereabouts of her gifts was funny. Joy knew exactly where he stashed them. It still was a cute moment between them. Austin also let it known that it was more than one present. Something tells me Joy would be fine with a power tool, or some work clothes. She seems low maintenance.

If it wasn’t for their horrible beliefs they could be the poster wholesome family. Wrapping gifts, going to dinner, and taking the kids the see Christmas lights. Perhaps the total crumbling of the Duggar house of cards will teach them a few lessons. 

I definitely don’t see them as a poster wholesome family, even if their sickening beliefs were taken out of the equation. They are just too ignorant and uneducated overall. Joy as a homeschool teacher? Those poor kids.

ETA - because they DO have these abhorrent beliefs, it’s impossible for me to overlook them. They’re wolves in sheep’s clothing trying to portray themselves as the all American family. I hope more people come to see this.

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Love 12

On the subreddit, someone did a verified AMA a few years ago and said that they loved Austin and that he was incredibly funny, and that they thought he just didn’t like the cameras which is why he came across as so stiff.

I think that’s probably true, because I remember him being really fun and genuinely funny during the Duggar Dash episode of Counting On. I was especially (pleasantly) surprised at how much of an effort he made to include Tyler and how kind was he was to him. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
8 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Didn't Austin and Joy film an anti-vax, freedom bullshit hour with some dude? I only saw a minute but he seemed pretty at ease in front of the camera.

It was a baby food challenge on the Freedomist channel, which I believe is Austin’s friend. So it’s probably a bit different than a big TLC production controlled by Jim Bob 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Cinnabon said:

I definitely don’t see them as a poster wholesome family, even if their sickening beliefs were taken out of the equation. They are just too ignorant and uneducated overall. Joy as a homeschool teacher? Those poor kids.

ETA - because they DO have these abhorrent beliefs, it’s impossible for me to overlook them. They’re wolves in sheep’s clothing trying to portray themselves as the all American family. I hope more people come to see this.

That was my point. We know who they really are. There are thousands who follow them not knowing their toxic beliefs. The Duggars, and even more so, the Bates, have really fooled many people. Both families are dangerous. Hopefully now that the pedophile has been found guilty some people will rethink their fawning over these wolves.

1 hour ago, VioletWitch said:

On the subreddit, someone did a verified AMA a few years ago and said that they loved Austin and that he was incredibly funny, and that they thought he just didn’t like the cameras which is why he came across as so stiff.

I think that’s probably true, because I remember him being really fun and genuinely funny during the Duggar Dash episode of Counting On. I was especially (pleasantly) surprised at how much of an effort he made to include Tyler and how kind was he was to him. 

What did they do on the Duggar Dash episode?

Edited by SMama
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1

The Duggar Dash was a scavenger hunt that split the family in teams where they had to compete to find the last clue. Jessa’s Team won. Because it was a competitive environment, you could finally see real personality for once 

Jana’s buddy team: Jana, Josiah, Jason, Jackson, and Josie

Jill’s buddy team (sans Jill): Austin, Joy, James, Jennifer, and Tyler (the team that seemed the most fun)

Jessa’s buddy team: Jessa, Ben, Jeremiah, Justin, and Jordyn (most competitive team)

The Poor Souls Stuck with Jim Bob: Jim Bob, Joe, Kendra, and Johannah (thank god they put Jim Bob, who was yukking it up and slowing his team down in order to appear funny to the cameras on the same team as sweet Joe and Kendra because I feel like any other team would have left him on the side of the road)

• LOL 12
14 minutes ago, SMama said:

That was my point. We know who they really are. There are thousands who follow them not knowing their toxic beliefs. The Duggars, and even more so, the Bates have really fooled many people. Both families are dangerous.

Thank you. The fact that people are falling for their covers is disturbing. They are absolutely dangerous. 

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

To refresh our memories:

https://popculture.com/reality-tv/amp/news/counting-on-fans-notice-glaring-oversight-joy-anna-duggar-coronavirus-video/

Joy-Anna Duggar and her husband, Austin Forsyth, are in some hot water over a new YouTube video they appeared in during the ongoing coronavirus crisis. The Counting Oncouple, who are expecting a baby soon, appeared on the Freedomists YouTube channel for a video entitled "Corona Trivia & Baby Food Challenge." In the clip, the couple sits arm-to-arm with two hosts and answers trivia questions like "What is the best alternative to toilet paper?" and "What is the most effective time period for COVID-19 quarantine?" It's a bit concerning to see the couple in such close proximity to others when social distancing is supposed to be followed, but the channel owners tried to deflect that criticism with a disclaimer.

Ok, still bad and irresponsible, but I was thinking they were going off on some anti vax “COVID is a conspiracy” rant

Yes, I know the bar is low for these people...

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, VioletWitch said:

Ok, still bad and irresponsible, but I was thinking they were going off on some anti vax “COVID is a conspiracy” rant

Yes, I know the bar is low for these people...

Joy is literally giving “advice” on how long to quarantine after Covid exposure. This is dangerous, because we know she has absolutely no knowledge of the CDC recommendations. 

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

Joy is literally giving “advice” on how long to quarantine after Covid exposure. This is dangerous, because we know she has absolutely no knowledge of the CDC recommendations. 

• LOL 23
  • Love 1
53 minutes ago, VioletWitch said:

The Duggar Dash was a scavenger hunt that split the family in teams where they had to compete to find the last clue. Jessa’s Team won. Because it was a competitive environment, you could finally see real personality for once 

Jana’s buddy team: Jana, Josiah, Jason, Jackson, and Josie

Jill’s buddy team (sans Jill): Austin, Joy, James, Jennifer, and Tyler (the team that seemed the most fun)

Jessa’s buddy team: Jessa, Ben, Jeremiah, Justin, and Jordyn (most competitive team)

The Poor Souls Stuck with Jim Bob: Jim Bob, Joe, Kendra, and Johannah (thank god they put Jim Bob, who was yukking it up and slowing his team down in order to appear funny to the cameras on the same team as sweet Joe and Kendra because I feel like any other team would have left him on the side of the road)

Thank you, sounds interesting.

On 12/6/2021 at 7:47 AM, GeeGolly said:

The girls are suing multiple entities, that at one point included InTouch and various employees and departments of the sheriff's office, for releasing, poorly redacting and publishing the police report, thus making their story public.

I'm not pro "Duggars winning lawsuits for tons of money" by any means, but honestly when it happened I was pretty stunned by how much was NOT redacted. If I ignore the Dugger factor, and look at it as "A now adult is discovered to have molested 5 minor females when he was 14-16" - would I really be ok with how sloppily the information was handled or that it was blindingly obvious who got molested? The girls were Duggars but they were also minors and deserved *some* privacy. 

• Love 16
2 hours ago, EllaWycliffe said:

The girls were Duggars but they were also minors and deserved *some* privacy. 

Too bad their parents didn’t think of the possible consequences of exploiting their children on TV. All JB and Mechelle cared about was lining their pockets with money, and were drunk with the adulation their fame brought. Not a single thought about their daughters who had been molested by the monster they spent the bulk of their energy protecting.

• Useful 6
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

200.gif

I fear the answer, but exactly what did Joy the Not Doctor recommend? 

• LOL 2
4 hours ago, EllaWycliffe said:

I'm not pro "Duggars winning lawsuits for tons of money" by any means, but honestly when it happened I was pretty stunned by how much was NOT redacted. If I ignore the Dugger factor, and look at it as "A now adult is discovered to have molested 5 minor females when he was 14-16" - would I really be ok with how sloppily the information was handled or that it was blindingly obvious who got molested? The girls were Duggars but they were also minors and deserved *some* privacy. 

I agree. I just wish they would also be ticked at their parents for how badly they handled everything too.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

It was early in the pandemic (around 4/20). They scoffed at wearing masks and mocked hand sanitizer. 

Ah okay. I vaguely remember that now. April 2020 feels like 300 years ago. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 9
23 hours ago, Zella said:

I think people probably overthink the Santa thing. I did apparently resent being lied to about Santa in the moment. I don't remember this conversation with my dad, but apparently as a 5 year old, I demanded to know what else I'd been lied to about, which he found quite traumatizing as a parent. But I don't remember any of this, so I must have moved past it pretty quickly. LOL 

Our son was PISSED when he found out Santa wasn’t real (from some kid at school).  As in, LIVID with us.  We received a lecture about how lying is bad and he’s not allowed to etc etc.  😂  Funny now, but omg it was a disaster at the time. 

• LOL 13
  • Love 6
29 minutes ago, VioletWitch said:

Joy and Austin took the kids to more Christmas activities 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CXytS4Jrypq/?utm_medium=copy_link

Joy is also doing “relatable” mom skits on Instagram like her friend Carlin Bates 

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CXyyGtUpntn/?utm_medium=copy_link

I was kind of surprised by Joy's voice.   It sounded strangely different to me.   At least it wasn't some sickening pretense of keep sweet, so that's a positive. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, VioletWitch said:

Joy and Austin took the kids to more Christmas activities 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CXytS4Jrypq/?utm_medium=copy_link

Joy is also doing “relatable” mom skits on Instagram like her friend Carlin Bates 

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CXyyGtUpntn/?utm_medium=copy_link

It’s good to see just the four of them. No TTH madness, no sister moms, no ministry branding. May they keep away from the Duggar borg madness. Baby steps, especially for these two.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Tikichick said:

I was kind of surprised by Joy's voice.   It sounded strangely different to me.   At least it wasn't some sickening pretense of keep sweet, so that's a positive. 

I think the voice used on her weird reel is a track and she was just mouthing the words. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, SMama said:

It’s good to see just the four of them. No TTH madness, no sister moms, no ministry branding. May they keep away from the Duggar borg madness. Baby steps, especially for these two.

And Austin carrying the baby!  Giddy looked like he was having a blast. I bet being away from the TTH may be what they need. 

• Love 8

I’ve noticed they’ve had a very fun week with the kids: Topgolf one day, gingerbread houses the next, Christmas movie with a special dinner out with ice cream after, and then Christmas festival.

I know Austin and Joy were both at the trial everyday and were the only family members aside from Derrick and Anna to listen to the graphic descriptions plus Bobye’s testimony which is just life changing I’m sure. It seems they are holding their kids tight and making memories which is nice to see. 

• Love 13
12 minutes ago, irisheyes said:

And Austin carrying the baby!  Giddy looked like he was having a blast. I bet being away from the TTH may be what they need. 

I never gave much thought about Austin’s adjustment to the Duggar way of life since his parents are like minded. Austin defended his parents’ decision to have the Pearls as speakers at one of their events.

But sometimes the devil is in the details. Austin grew up with just an older sister, and it seems there is a age gap between them. He also has half siblings but he did not grow up in the chaos that is the TTH.

JB had the gall to ask Derick and Jeremy if they could financially support his daughters. Bin was harassed with manual labor but Bin was never asked how he would provide. He was JB’s slave for life at that time.

Did they ever pretend to put Austin through their silly vetting process? Unlike the Duggar males, Austin seems to have a work ethic instilled by his father. Equally toxic beliefs but Austin doesn’t seem to run on Forsyth time. I wonder if Austin will be less willing to make nice with the huge Duggar gatherings now. I hope he does for his nuclear family’s sake.

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

Joy wasn’t there for the graphic testimony.

Yes, she was. I’m not going to link to articles because unfortunately all of the articles go into detail, but they said Joy was emotional and being comforted by Austin. The NWA reporter said the same thing in the Duggar subreddit. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
12 minutes ago, SMama said:

I never gave much thought about Austin’s adjustment to the Duggar way of life since his parents are like minded. Austin defended his parents’ decision to have the Pearls as speakers at one of their events.

But sometimes the devil is in the details. Austin grew up with just an older sister, and it seems there is a age gap between them. He also has half siblings but he did not grow up in the chaos that is the TTH.

JB had the gall to ask Derick and Jeremy if they could financially support his daughters. Bin was harassed with manual labor but Bin was never asked how he would provide. He was JB’s slave for life at that time.

Did they ever pretend to put Austin through their silly vetting process? Unlike the Duggar males, Austin seems to have a work ethic instilled by his father. Equally toxic beliefs but Austin doesn’t seem to run on Forsyth time. I wonder if Austin will be less willing to make nice with the huge Duggar gatherings now. I hope he does for his nuclear family’s sake.

I doubt Austin was vetted like Derick and Jeremy. I think the Austin/Joy pairing was semi-arranged. They got lucky in that Joy had a huge crush on him. 

I also think Jed!/Katey were arranged. 

Edited by emmawoodhouse
Rogue comma!
  • Useful 3
  • Love 9