Type keyword(s) to search

Joy and Austin: This One Time At Family Camp

• Start Topic

I don’t think Austin ever fell for JB’s buffoonery, but he figured giving up a few hours to get filmed in exchange for money and a house wasn’t a bad deal. And, honestly?  I can’t blame him. I would have probably gone for the same deal when I was his age, especially since Joy was used to it. Plus, he probably thought that Josh was sufficiently cowed and would just stay out of everyone’s way. How little he (and everyone else) knew. 

Hopefully, he and Joy can carve their own life where they’re both happy away from the insanity that is JB and OfJB. (A change in their Freedomist beliefs wouldn’t be a bad thing either, but I think that may be too much to ask. )

• Love 15
1 hour ago, VioletWitch said:

Yes, she was. I’m not going to link to articles because unfortunately all of the articles go into detail, but they said Joy was emotional and being comforted by Austin. The NWA reporter said the same thing in the Duggar subreddit. 

She wasn’t there the first day when they described the CP in detail. That’s when cowardly Anna left the courtroom.

• Useful 1
4 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

She wasn’t there the first day when they described the CP in detail. That’s when cowardly Anna left the courtroom.

She WAS there the next day when Bobye Holt testified. And she was there every day after that.

Edited by emmawoodhouse
1 hour ago, irisheyes said:

Hopefully, he and Joy can carve their own life where they’re both happy away from the insanity that is JB and OfJB.

I recall in photos of Christmas at the TTH last year Austin sat away from the bunch, holding Evy on his lap.  It appeared he was separating himself from the JB tribe.

• Useful 5
  • Love 1
42 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

They reshared the info several times in detail, which included file names and descriptions from the articles I read. No one except the jury could see images I believe. They said Joy was visibly upset. 

But yes, she did miss the first day. 

Edited by VioletWitch
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Did I miss something? I haven't seen any indication Joy and Austin are breaking up with the Duggar family.

Same. I don’t doubt that Austin has negative feelings about Jim Bob that might include a complete lack of trust in what he says. Joy may also feel disappointment and anger. That doesn’t mean they will never be at TTH again. If anyone is joining Jill and Derick on the outs it would be Joy and Austin but most families have complicated feelings and relationships. Her feelings about JB would have nothing to do with Michelle, her younger siblings, or attending family functions. I won’t be surprised one way or the other.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, coconspirator said:

Same. I don’t doubt that Austin has negative feelings about Jim Bob that might include a complete lack of trust in what he says. Joy may also feel disappointment and anger. That doesn’t mean they will never be at TTH again. If anyone is joining Jill and Derick on the outs it would be Joy and Austin but most families have complicated feelings and relationships. Her feelings about JB would have nothing to do with Michelle, her younger siblings, or attending family functions. I won’t be surprised one way or the other.

I'm not even sure either one is mad at JB. IMO, Joy learning more details of what happened years ago, and hearing JB on the witness stand, hasn't necessarily changed anything for her, regarding her parents.

Most folks on here hate JB & M and are quick to find more reasons to blame them for everything. It doesn't appear to me that Joy (or Austin) feel the same way. In fact she likely loves her parents very much and sees things differently. As far as she (and we) knows, Josh abused her once. As far as JB saying he can't remember the details of what happened years ago Joy may relate to him as a parent and see the difficult position JB was in, testifying at the pre-trial. 

And of all the sisters, Joy doesn't seem to internalize much very deeply. She seems much more carefree.

I could be wrong, but I'm guessing Joy, Austin and most of her siblings/inlaws are directing any feelings, complicated or otherwise, squarely at Josh.

• Love 8
11 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Did I miss something? I haven't seen any indication Joy and Austin are breaking up with the Duggar family.

I don’t think they’re breaking up, but I can see some of the adult kids thinking about separating a little more and not being so tied up with JB and his shenanigans. Ben and Jessa are stuck with JB, but Austin and Joy could move away financially speaking from the Big House. Who knows?  Maybe they’re all still there all the time, but they’re keeping it off of SM for now. 

• Love 6

I agree with all the above that we really don't know how any of these people feel. It's entirely possible to hate Josh and still love their parents. I don't think the Duggar kids will ever see Boob and Michelle as the abusive narcissists they really are. 

In addition, I never got the vibe Joy and her kids were planted at the TTH 24/7 the way Jessa's brood was, so she and Austin doing these activities separately doesn't seem unusual to me. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 12

Yeah I am curious to see who ends up spending time at the TTH for Christmas, but it ultimately doesn't tell us anything on its own. Any of them avoiding the TTH for the holidays doesn't necessarily mean they're mad at their parents. I wouldn't necessarily be surprised if there is dissention in the ranks, but it also wouldn't surprise me if they just post less about time with their family to avoid the inevitable resulting social media storm. 

Personally, I think if Joy and Austin did/do fall out with the Duggars, we may likely never know. Even Jill's conflict with the family is something we primarily know about because of Derrick. Jill herself has always been much more circumspect in discussing it than him and tends to only address it when asked. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, CountryGirl said:

Not defending them in the slightest, but they were hardly alone in their stance back then. 

I definitely remember the early chaos as people didn't know what to do, but I seriously doubt they've changed their stance since the spring of 2020. 

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, Zella said:

I definitely remember the early chaos as people didn't know what to do, but I seriously doubt they've changed their stance since the spring of 2020. 

Probably not. But I’m only speaking to that point in time. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Gemma Violet said:

I'm quoting myself because I forgot to add that the editing on the above-mentioned video is excellent--so excellent that Joy had to have had some help with it.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CXpkUaEFvTL/

I wonder if Hello Fresh didn't provide her with a template with suggested shots for a video,  or that they even had an example video for her to use to make her own.  It did turn out pretty well.  

• Love 3

Every time I click the links lately for Instagram, I only get a sliver of the picture or video and nothing I do makes it appear. Is that happening to anyone else?

Joy does pretty well on her videos. My opinion only.

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

No doubt but I’m hoping hard he’s rebelling a bit. Baby steps. 

Didn’t he sanctimoniously claim that he previously had friends who rebelled (by drinking beer and smoking) and that he had dropped them? 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
31 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

Didn’t he sanctimoniously claim that he previously had friends who rebelled (by drinking beer and smoking) and that he had dropped them? 

No idea. I dont really follow the Duggars  anywhere except here and on Reddit 😀

Edited by Tabbygirl521
1 hour ago, Cinnabon said:

IIRC it was him and his now brother in law who rebelled. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

I think Joy & Austin are probably the only couple in that cult that could survive a zombie apocalypse. 

They have good outdoor/MacGyver skills, a satisfaction with having just their basic needs covered, enough work ethic to take care of themselves and not too much brainpower to get in the way and make them over-think every decision.  Plus they seem easily amused. 

Sometimes barely literate and satisfied with a very low-set bar is the easiest way to live life.  And despite their deplorable political beliefs, they both seem pretty mellow.  

Edited by SnapHappy
  • Love 14
31 minutes ago, AmosTheAardvark said:

God, she is stupid. “Doing” school? Firmiliar? These kids are doomed. Allowing kids to be “homeschooled” by parents like this is child abuse, IMHO.

Firmiliar???!!!

Sorry, Amos!  I should have read your whole post and seen that you had caught the firmiliar!!!

Joy Joy Joy, please put your kids in school!

Edited by louannems
  • Love 14
3 minutes ago, Future Cat Lady said:

I'm not familiar with Instagram, but I'm guessing that the person who took that screenshot speaks french. That person's account asks to translate the post. It has nothing to do with Joy.

Exactly, Instagram can now translate in up to 90 languages.

• Useful 2
3 hours ago, Future Cat Lady said:

I'm not familiar firmiliar with Instagram, but I'm guessing that the person who took that screenshot speaks french. That person's account asks to translate the post. It has nothing to do with Joy.

FTFY

• LOL 11