Type keyword(s) to search

Joy and Austin: This One Time At Family Camp

• Start Topic

17 minutes ago, Zella said:

I think it's probably a combo of not wanting to be seen with them and also those sites being old news now to the California side of the family. One of my professors at C of O used to joke with us that you could tell who was a tourist in Branson because they actually went to the shows. LOL 

I'm sure a lot of it is been there done that and Jeremy just flat not wanting to be with the passle of Duggars all day every day.  We used to keep a stack of maps and guidebooks and smile and say enjoy your vacation.  Providing food and a bed was enough imposition on us.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Absolom said:

I'm sure a lot of it is been there done that and Jeremy just flat not wanting to be with the passle of Duggars all day every day.  We used to keep a stack of maps and guidebooks and smile and say enjoy your vacation.  Providing food and a bed was enough imposition on us.

Yeah we live in Florida and sometimes from January to April the guests are non stop. When family comes, they are given beach towels and a smile, lol. We will take a first time visitor to a couple spots but anything else, they are on their own. So I don’t fault Jin and Jer for not being with the Duggar visitors for the tourist attractions.

• Love 12

It is a fair point. When I lived in New Orleans I didn't visit the French Quarter all the time and evidently most of the people that go to the French Quarter are tourists. 

I am still surprised that Jinger at least did not appear to join the family on the beach though. But maybe she was babysitting all of the kids at home. Which would be kind of shitty of Joy and Austin to pass off their kids to their host so that they could go to the beach.

• Love 5
32 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

Which would be kind of shitty of Joy and Austin to pass off their kids to their host so that they could go to the beach.

I mean, Be Shitty to Each Other is kind of their 11th Commandment. Especially when it comes to dumping your children on someone else. 

• LOL 10
  • Love 11

Which of the couples has frequent babysitters? I know Michelle seemed to rely on the older kids for help, but even she didn't leave her kids that often. I can remember maybe two posts where Joy shared she left the kids with Austin's parents, were there some that I missed? I think maybe Jill has left her kids with Cathy a handful of times, but nothing excessive. And of course Jeremy mentioned church folks babysitting his girls, but again is it often?

• Useful 1
9 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

It is a fair point. When I lived in New Orleans I didn't visit the French Quarter all the time and evidently most of the people that go to the French Quarter are tourists. 

I am still surprised that Jinger at least did not appear to join the family on the beach though. But maybe she was babysitting all of the kids at home. Which would be kind of shitty of Joy and Austin to pass off their kids to their host so that they could go to the beach.

I'm not trying to defend anyone in this family, but maybe Jinger offered to do it because she knew it would otherwise fall to Jana? And Jinger was one of the oldest four, so she knows what it's like to have kids dumped on you.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, TrixieTrue said:

I'm not trying to defend anyone in this family, but maybe Jinger offered to do it because she knew it would otherwise fall to Jana? And Jinger was one of the oldest four, so she knows what it's like to have kids dumped on you.

Also maybe Jinger doesn't like or didn't want to go to the beach. Not everyone likes the same thing it's possible the beach is not a place she enjoys enough to stay there all day.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

I'm going to guess all the decisions were mutual. Everyone did what they wanted and no one was used or put out. Its not like the Duggars swooped in and dumped the kids for a week while they played tourists.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
On 3/6/2022 at 12:00 AM, GeeGolly said:

Which of the couples has frequent babysitters? I know Michelle seemed to rely on the older kids for help, but even she didn't leave her kids that often. I can remember maybe two posts where Joy shared she left the kids with Austin's parents, were there some that I missed? I think maybe Jill has left her kids with Cathy a handful of times, but nothing excessive. And of course Jeremy mentioned church folks babysitting his girls, but again is it often?

I think one or both of Joy's kids stay with Austin's parents whenever she's visiting Carlin, at least while Austin is working during the day.

Just now, YupItsMe said:

It’s awful quiet in here. I hope everything’s ok with J & A. 

I think it’s a positive sign if Joy’s slowed down on the exploitative YouTube videos.

• Love 8
10 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

I think it’s a positive sign if Joy’s slowed down on the exploitative YouTube videos.

May they all fade away peacefully from putting themselves in the public view.

• Useful 1
  • Love 18
24 minutes ago, Lady Whistleup said:

Joy is visiting Carlin. Again.

Probably to meet her new little boy.  When was their last visit? Was it when she attended Nathan's wedding, 6 months ago, with Austin? Two semi-long distance friends visiting 2 or 3 times a year isn't too excessive. To me anyway.

• Love 10

I see that both of Joy's children have a pacifier sucking issue. Not good. They need to get over that and quick. Austin's orthodontic bills will be ski high. That kid is too old to have a binky in her mouth at this age...especially during the daytime. No need for that. Coping skills need to be learned without that pacifier.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

I was lucky in that my daughter didn't like a pacifier.  No bottles, either.  She went from nursing to a sippy cup, then to a plastic glass.  

Is that little girl 2 yet?  I hate to see 3 and 4 year olds still using those.

As it turned out, we had to do orthodontia anyway...$$$.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
14 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Is that little girl 2 yet?

She's not two until August.

42 minutes ago, floridamom said:

That kid is too old to have a binky in her mouth at this age...especially during the daytime. No need for that. Coping skills need to be learned without that pacifier.

If I was a Duggar, I think I'd need more than a pacifier to cope...

All jokes aside, I would think sucking on the paci might be helpful on the plane for the whole ear-pressure thing, since she's too young to chew gum.

• Useful 2
  • Love 16
Just now, sagittarius sue said:

I appreciate the fact that Carlin doesn't force Layla to wear leggings, but it doesn't look like it's warm enough for bare legs.

Joy’s sandals with socks are absolutely hideous.

• LOL 11
  • Love 2

Looking at Evy and Layla, the next Bates/Duggar generation, has me thinking about a Duggar/Bates wedding that has never happened. Who is left? Jackson marrying Addie or Ellie. Johannah and Jackson B? Tyler and Callie?  Jordyn and Josie with Jud and Jeb?

Other than Jackson B working for Jer, I wonder if the younger kids in the families ever see each other? Not that it matters much seeing as these marriages happen long distance too.

Do y'all think a Duggar/Bates wedding will ever happen?

• Love 1
7 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Looking at Evy and Layla, the next Bates/Duggar generation, has me thinking about a Duggar/Bates wedding that has never happened. Who is left? Jackson marrying Addie or Ellie. Johannah and Jackson B? Tyler and Callie?  Jordyn and Josie with Jud and Jeb?

Other than Jackson B working for Jer, I wonder if the younger kids in the families ever see each other? Not that it matters much seeing as these marriages happen long distance too.

No I don’t think one will. I don’t think the families were ever that close, and now with Josh’s conviction, the Duggars as a family have lost so much status in fundy culture. I think the kids will get married if they want to, BUT they won’t be “catches” the way they were in 2008-15. 

• Love 5
5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Not anytime soon. Too many overweening egos in the parental units. 

• Love 4

Mom & daughter both wearing Nikes.  So it's not just a Vuolo ego thing.  Imagine that.

Sandals & socks are practical when flying.  Still have to go through TSA, so slip ons work best.  And sometimes feet swell at altitude.  Joy is smart in that regard. 

Edited by SnapHappy
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10
40 minutes ago, SnapHappy said:

Mom & daughter both wearing Nikes.  So it's not just a Vuolo ego thing.  Imagine that

Im not an "athletic shoe" connoisseur, but Nikes are so popular, that an entire family wearing Nikes if they were all wearing athletic shoes wouldn't strike me as odd. Joy getting Nikes for the kids if she and Austin have pairs wouldn't make me think she was a shoe hog like Jeremy. 

It would be like a family all wearing Northface jackets in the fall/winter. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Im not an "athletic shoe" connoisseur, but Nikes are so popular, that an entire family wearing Nikes if they were all wearing athletic shoes wouldn't strike me as odd. Joy getting Nikes for the kids if she and Austin have pairs wouldn't make me think she was a shoe hog like Jeremy. 

It would be like a family all wearing Northface jackets in the fall/winter. 

Correct. What *is* odd is a family having 10 pairs each of brand new [insert trendy clothing item here] and relentlessly and gleefully and apparently boastingly posting photographs of them wearing said purchases. All while claiming to be humble and giving and caring.

• Love 16
On 4/10/2022 at 7:47 PM, Cinnabon said:

Joy’s sandals with socks are absolutely hideous.

I have to wear sandals (and shoes) with socks because in my old age I've developed an allergy to (something?) and I get hives on my feet if I don't. 

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, Nysha said:

I have to wear sandals (and shoes) with socks because in my old age I've developed an allergy to (something?) and I get hives on my feet if I don't. 

Maybe tge dye in the leather? So many things that can cause a reaction. 

• Love 2

Since Joy is wearing the same sandals in the picture with Carlin and Evvy (in the stroller) and NOT wearing socks in that picture, we can assume that her toes got cold and she had brought no other footwear with her. Carlin probably lent her the socks. 

• Useful 3
55 minutes ago, Teriacky said:

Since Joy is wearing the same sandals in the picture with Carlin and Evvy (in the stroller) and NOT wearing socks in that picture, we can assume that her toes got cold and she had brought no other footwear with her. Carlin probably lent her the socks. 

True. I don't think Joy owns any socks. 😁

• LOL 10
3 hours ago, Teriacky said:

And despite her toes getting cold, she still let her child go without shoes or socks. 

2 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Yes it is.

Now I’m more intrigued about the absence of Vuolos at the wedding. Maybe it’s an old photo? It just posted on Esther’s story. 

6 minutes ago, SMama said:

Now I’m more intrigued about the absence of Vuolos at the wedding. Maybe it’s an old photo? It just posted on Esther’s story. 

I think that is a shower photo from a friend who had a 5 year vow renewal.

• Useful 1
(edited)

I've seen rumors that Lawson was into Jinger when they were both younger and had a cryptic social media meltdown when she got married. l've always been inclined to just treat it as a juicy rumor, but maybe there were some awkward feelings between them that make either one or both of them really okay with a Vuolo-less wedding. 

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 10