Type keyword(s) to search

Joy and Austin: This One Time At Family Camp

• Start Topic

On 5/13/2022 at 2:54 PM, MaryAnneSpier said:

Tomboy Joy really is a naturally pretty young woman.  Beauty is in the eye of the beholder of course, but to me she’s much prettier than the “hot Jessa” ever was.  

Joy has actual “joy” in her face. Jessa RARELY does. I think Jessa and Lauren have the most visually pleasing facial features of all the sister/sister-in-law, but they look so miserable a lot of the time it ruins it. 

To be fair to Lauren she left social media a while ago and this may have changed. I think Joy is a genuinely happy person and it shows. 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

IMO Joy doesn't have a pretentious bone in her body.  Jessa is pretentious, and then some.

Pretentious without the education and experience to back it up, lol. She thinks she’s all that, but has no clue how provincial and clueless she really is. 

• Love 7

I know I've said this before, but Joy is exactly like my niece. Not a care in the world, until there is one. Low key laid back almost always until there's a real problem. She's conservative, though not as conservative as a Fundy. She 'argues' politely, but sticks to her guns. My niece really isn't pretentious, but sometimes comes off as so.

I think Joy does carry some of the 'I'm famous' and I love the 'right Jesus' bullshit, but I don't think she's a true snob.

• Love 5

Joy has resurfaced on you tube with a video on a typical morning, and an update on their RV renovation. I think the idea of bunk beds for the kids is cute, if they are planning on stopping at two kids. They will be having a third child before the RV is ready for the road. 

• Useful 2

Watched the video.
One would think Joy wouldn’t parade Gideon around in just his shirt and underwear, along with Evie in a shirt and diaper. They were still like this for “school”
Not sure how long she does “school” with them, but I don’t think it’s for very long. 
Gideon looks so big, but still sucks his thumb. 

8 minutes ago, Madtown said:

Watched the video.
One would think Joy wouldn’t parade Gideon around in just his shirt and underwear, along with Evie in a shirt and diaper. They were still like this for “school”
Not sure how long she does “school” with them, but I don’t think it’s for very long. 

Joy said she plans to school them for 30 minutes a day 

8 minutes ago, Madtown said:

Watched the video.

I think Joy has said she does 10-15 minutes “school” a day. Agree with you about the kids’ attire, they just don’t get it.

Why post now when the lawsuit is dead and showing a decrease in SM income no longer matters. 

5 hours ago, Madtown said:

Watched the video.

She really hasn’t learned from Josh’s offenses. There are more like him out there, Joy. 😢

5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

The lawyers probably said you can't claim loss of SM income if you don't post.

Isn’t that lawsuit over and done though?

• Love 6
10 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

She really hasn’t learned from Josh’s offenses. There are more like him out there, Joy. 😢

Isn’t that lawsuit over and done though?

Is it? I probably knew that and forgot.

This makes even more sense why the sisters haven't been posting, they must have been warned the depositions will be accessible to the public and they've been waiting for them to come out. Now the wait for Josh's sentencing. Joy seemed to slip a post right in between.

• Love 1
(edited)

If only Joy read here. 😢😢😢

On YouTube’s Digital Playground, an Open Gate for Pedophiles

YouTube’s automated recommendation system — which drives most of the platform’s billions of views by suggesting what users should watch next — had begun showing the video to users who watched other videos of prepubescent, partially clothed children, a team of researchers has found.

YouTube had curated the videos from across its archives, at times plucking out the otherwise innocuous home movies of unwitting families, the researchers say. In many cases, its algorithm referred users to the videos after they watched sexually themed content.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/03/world/americas/youtube-pedophiles.html

YouTube’s algorithm makes it easy for pedophiles to find more videos of children

YouTube won’t disable its recommendation algorithm on videos of children, despite the fact that it makes it easier to access sexualized footage of minors.

The news: YouTube’s automated recommendation system has gathered a collection of prepubescent, partially clothed children and is recommending it to people who have watched similar videos.

https://www.technologyreview.com/2019/06/04/135103/youtubes-algorithms-make-it-easier-for-pedophiles-to-find-more-videos-of-children/

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Useful 3

Kids can’t consent! Joy and Jessa, stop exploiting your kids (who don’t have a voice in it) and provide for your own families.

THE DANGERS OF FAMILY VLOGGING & CHILDREN ON YOUTUBE

In our social media-reliant world, it’s hardly a surprise that young children have begun to dominate certain pockets of the Internet. But while many are simply enjoying themselves by engaging in pop culture on Instagram or TikTok, others are being exploited and deprived of their rights under the gaze of millions. What is masked as a family-friendly form of digital entertainment creates a psychologically damaging childhood that forces children into toxic “influencer culture” before they are even given the choice to partake in it: family vlogging. 

https://bcgavel.com/2021/12/09/the-dangers-of-family-vlogging-children-on-youtube/

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 5/20/2022 at 3:14 PM, SMama said:

Joy has resurfaced on you tube with a video on a typical morning, and an update on their RV renovation. I think the idea of bunk beds for the kids is cute, if they are planning on stopping at two kids. They will be having a third child before the RV is ready for the road. 

The ladder to the top bunk looks incredibly dangerous for a little one. 

I don't have any experience with bunk beds, so maybe they're all like that. 

It just looks like--one misstep and boom, a trip to the emergency room.

On 5/20/2022 at 6:42 PM, Cinnabon said:

But Josh wasn't looking at pictures of partially clad children, he was looking at CSAM that had been made for the purpose of being viewed as such. I don't think Joy has any clue that pedophiles troll YouTube for pictures of toddlers and babies who are partially dressed. In a way, I think her allowing Gideon and Evelyn to appear as such is a tiny bit of rebellion against her parents who, even before knowing what FF did, required their daughters to wear modesty shirts and pantaloons. 

I do realize how dangerous YouTube is, but there are so many families doing the same as Joy that it's not surprising she's still showing these shots of her kids.

• Love 5
(edited)
25 minutes ago, auntieminem said:

Joy posted a 5 year anniversary video in IG a couple of days ago. They do seem like a good match. https://www.instagram.com/p/CeCS-vyJDJq/

She also said they've been together for 7 years, confirming that they started seeing each other when she was still a minor. This is what I was alluding to when I mentioned that Hannie would be 17 soon and possibly seeing Carver Bowers.

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

Joy will never learn. I think she and Austin are a good match. 

What won't Joy ever learn? Her one failing, aside from her abhorrent beliefs, seems to be filming her kids in their underwear/diapers.

2 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

What won't Joy ever learn? Her one failing, aside from her abhorrent beliefs, seems to be filming her kids in their underwear/diapers.

That and only allotting 10-15 min a day to “homeschool” her kids. IF she has the time. 

1 minute ago, Cinnabon said:

That and only allotting 10-15 min a day to “homeschool” her kids. IF she has the time. 

Gideon's only 3. Give it time. I want to see what she does to catch him up. So far, she hasn't told us anything, but she also isn't an online presence like her bestie, Carlin 

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Gideon's only 3. Give it time. I want to see what she does to catch him up. So far, she hasn't told us anything, but she also isn't an online presence like her bestie, Carlin 

I’m not sure she’s capable of catching him up, and moving beyond that. 

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Cinnabon said:

I’m not sure she’s capable of catching him up, and moving beyond that. 

We don't know what the professionals told her to do. Maybe she is working with him beyond the alphabet and colors with Evy. Maybe she isn't. We just don't know.

• Love 2

I feel sorry for Joy, but I also don't think she is the sharpest knife in the drawer and am not very confident in her abilities to homeschool anyone. She also seems a bit immune to common sense and basic safety, even by Duggar standards. I still cannot get over her being barefoot every time she's around horses. 

• Love 20
18 minutes ago, Zella said:

I feel sorry for Joy, but I also don't think she is the sharpest knife in the drawer and am not very confident in her abilities to homeschool anyone. She also seems a bit immune to common sense and basic safety, even by Duggar standards. I still cannot get over her being barefoot every time she's around horses. 

I can’t get over the picture they shared with a rifle sitting openly right on the table.

• Love 2
(edited)

I think the amount of time is fine for his age. I just don't think Joy is particularly well equipped to teach anyone, regardless of how long she is doing it or the age of the student or the subject at hand. 

3 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

I can’t get over the picture they shared with a rifle sitting openly right on the table.

Yep. 

I know it's not her most egregious error either, but I have also never personally recovered from her bragging about making "chicken fettucine alfred with penne noodles" either.

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 18
  • Love 3

I do hope they're following through with Giddy's early interventions for his processing issues. Its so much easier for the kids when done at an early age, as well as having higher rates of success.

• Useful 3
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, YupItsMe said:

15 minutes of sit down school is fine for a 3 year old. I imagine she is teaching throughout the day in other ways as most engaged moms do.

Agreed.  Kids that age learn best through play.  They don’t need workbooks or flash cards.  Play, exploration, being read to and engaging in conversations are what they need, not “school”.

• Love 14
On 5/29/2022 at 7:29 PM, emmawoodhouse said:

The Forsyths also have a shitty track record with animals. May they never have another pet. 

RIP Brielle and the kittens 😢

What happened to the animals?😭

• Sad 5
7 hours ago, Temperance said:

What happened to the animals?😭

We saw them get the kittens as a gift, a couple photos with a story, and they've never been seen again.  Same thing with the dog.  Joy posts lots of photos of her kids, her home, the whole family doing outdoor activities suitable for the family dog; but we've never seen any of them again and there's nary a mention after the initial post.  Joy ignores all questions asking about the cats and dog, too.

Contrast with Jill Dillard who frequently includes the family dog in photos and mentions her in stories and also freely answers questions about Fenna.

• Sad 20
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, Notabug said:

We saw them get the kittens as a gift, a couple photos with a story, and they've never been seen again.  Same thing with the dog.  Joy posts lots of photos of her kids, her home, the whole family doing outdoor activities suitable for the family dog; but we've never seen any of them again and there's nary a mention after the initial post.  Joy ignores all questions asking about the cats and dog, too.

Contrast with Jill Dillard who frequently includes the family dog in photos and mentions her in stories and also freely answers questions about Fenna.

I remember Brielle living in a sad little dog house outside even during the winter before she disappeared. It's a contrast to Fenna, who is seen in her doggie bed inside the Dillards' home.

I hope someone saw Brielle and offered to give her a better home. Same with the kittens -- I hope they at least gave them to a nice home.

• Sad 3
  • Applause 4
  • Love 9

In the Jed camping video I said she looked pregnant when she was standing at the ice cream truck with Gid.  I saw that Austins dad was on the school board (even though he home schooled) in his county.  Looks like the whole board and several others covered up abuse. Should be interesting to see what happens.

• Mind Blown 2
  • Sad 11
  • Love 3
(edited)
15 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

They certainly don’t want to be told how to homeschool, or what can be taught. But they want to tell public schools how to educate?

Yes and let me guess his input is to tell all the kids about Jesus 🙄

Also I’m not surprised this guy would cover up SA he’s in a stupid cult that doesn’t see a problem with it. 

Edited by FizzyPuff
  • Like 2
  • Sad 4
  • Love 2