Type keyword(s) to search

Joy and Austin: This One Time At Family Camp

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, FizzyPuff said:

Yes and let me guess his input is to tell all the kids about Jesus 🙄

Also I’m not surprised this guy would cover up SA he’s in a stupid cult that doesn’t see a problem with it. 

They don’t see a problem with it when it’s them who are guilty of it. If you’re a heathen, LGBT, or anyone else they don’t approve of teaching, you’re a “groomer” in their eyes. It’s sickening.

3 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I would think that the kids in this rural Arkansas town are growing up pretty Christian already. But maybe not Mr. Forsyth's type of Christian, ie Gothardite.

Either way, no type belongs in public schools. I’d love to give homeschoolers my input, but they don’t want anyone doing that. They have no respect for the highly educated professionals putting up with low pay and so much else because they choose to teach.

• Sad 3
  • Wink 1
  • Love 6
21 hours ago, Future Cat Lady said:

How can you be on a school board if you are against public schools?

Qualifications to Run for School Board

There are five common qualifications that most states have in order to be eligible to be a candidate in a school board election. A school board candidate must:

Be a registered voter.

Be a resident of the district she is running in

Have at least a high school diploma or a certificate of high school equivalency

Not have been convicted of a felony

Not be a current employee of the district and/or be related to a current employee in that district.

Although these are the most common qualifications necessary to run for school board, it does vary from state to state. Check with your local election board for a more detailed list of required qualifications.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
23 minutes ago, Dehumidifier said:

Qualifications to Run for School Board

There are five common qualifications that most states have in order to be eligible to be a candidate in a school board election. A school board candidate must:

Be a registered voter.

Be a resident of the district she is running in

Have at least a high school diploma or a certificate of high school equivalency

Not have been convicted of a felony

Not be a current employee of the district and/or be related to a current employee in that district.

Although these are the most common qualifications necessary to run for school board, it does vary from state to state. Check with your local election board for a more detailed list of required qualifications.

And, have enough votes to make the cut. 

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

For me its not whether they're utilizing it or not, its do they have a vested interest in it.

A grandfather who doesn't believe in public school, whose grandchildren are never going to step foot in public school, sitting on the school board, makes me a bit uncomfortable.

Every taxpayer has an interest in how his tax dollars are spent.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
On 6/20/2022 at 2:34 PM, YupItsMe said:

And look at Evie eating grapes that have been cut in half!

On a plate! At the table/bar! 
l

I’m actually surprised she knows about cutting up grapes. I’m sure that was never done in her house growing up. (Nor was eating fresh fruit!)

• Like 3
  • Love 4
(edited)
4 hours ago, Dehumidifier said:

Interesting that people seem to think that someone paying taxes in a county shouldn't be able to be on a school board, whether they are utilizing the public schools or not. 

Should we allow people without any higher education to sit on boards advising doctors in public health facilities? Or boards setting legal standards for state/city prosecutors? What about people who have never driven advising the DMV on regulations and testing? Most people are simply not qualified. 

I can’t speak for anyone else here, but I was not questioning whether it was legal for Austin’s dad to be on the school board, I was wondering why he wanted to be on it. 

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • Love 9
5 hours ago, Dehumidifier said:

Every taxpayer has a right to have an interest in how their tax dollars are spent, but I'm guessing the majority have no clue what their state (or federal) tax dollars pay for. And if Mr Forsyth is concerned say, about the fire department's budget or the school department's budget he can find that info in his state's annual budget report, he doesn't need a seat on the board to do that.

• Like 2
  • Applause 5
  • Love 10
12 hours ago, Dehumidifier said:

As these people graduate, many stay within the community, filling local jobs and residing in the neighborhoods.  As local workers in various trades & careers, they definitely have an impact. 

And the many homeschool parents have every right to be a part of what these future residents are going to be learning and doing in their towns.  

And I would think as a local business owner, Forsyth is concerned about a lot of budget items in his community.   

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
(edited)
4 hours ago, SnapHappy said:

As these people graduate, many stay within the community, filling local jobs and residing in the neighborhoods.  As local workers in various trades & careers, they definitely have an impact. 

And the many homeschool parents have every right to be a part of what these future residents are going to be learning and doing in their towns.  

And I would think as a local business owner, Forsyth is concerned about a lot of budget items in his community.   

Do you also think those without medical or law degrees should be entitled to sit on related public boards and make decisions on their conduct, curriculum, etc?

4 hours ago, SnapHappy said:

We all vote on these kinds of budget issues in our local elections.   There is always some kind of school budget item on the ballot.  But this is veering toward the political, so I’ll stop there.

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Love 2
(edited)
5 hours ago, SnapHappy said:

And what about their homeschooled kids?  They don’t want members of their communities, or anyone else, to be a part of what future residents (their own homeschooled kids)  are going to be learning and doing. We’ve seen the obscene lack of education some of these fundies get at home. Nothing other than very basic math, “graduating” while not able to read or write beyond an 8th grade level, atrocious spelling/grammar skills, skewed versions of history, no real science,  etc.   They work hard to make sure no one else is allowed input into what their kids learn, yet they want to dictate what other people’s kids learn (overriding what highly educated expert professionals in the field have to say.)

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Like 1
  • Applause 16
  • Love 7
16 hours ago, Dehumidifier said:

I question whether any of these people are taxpayers at all.

I don't think JB has paid income tax in 30 years. I don't know what property taxes are like outside the city limits of Tontitown, but it wouldn't surprise me if he has some way to avoid those, too -- maybe as a religious institution? 

I don't think this is just a JB cheapness thing, either. I 100% believe that the Forsythe's are just as happy to play fast and loose with the definition of the "family camp." If Mr. Forsythe is even a fraction of the controlling asshole that JB is, he's on the school board to make sure that none of his $100/year goes toward sex education, or the teaching of evolution, or sports for girls, etc.

• Like 4
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

sports for girls, etc

I have to mention here that Title IX which mandated equality for girls in school sports where the school receives any kind of federal assistance, celebrates its 50th anniversary tomorrow, 6/23.

• Like 2
  • Applause 9
  • Love 5
6 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

How many weeks along was Joy when she delivered Annabelle?

I just read an article about a woman stranded in, I think Malta, and it made me think of Joy.

I believe it was at 20 weeks.

• Sad 3

I may be wrong, but I think they went in for an U/S (either scheduled or because she wasn’t feeling movement), and there was no heartbeat, so they induced labor. I would hope that it would still be the same, but . . .

• Hugs 1
  • Sad 1
31 minutes ago, irisheyes said:

I may be wrong, but I think they went in for an U/S (either scheduled or because she wasn’t feeling movement), and there was no heartbeat, so they induced labor. I would hope that it would still be the same, but . . .

I think they were going in for the gender check and found out that Annabel had died. 

• Sad 9
On 6/22/2022 at 8:38 PM, sagittarius sue said:

I have to mention here that Title IX which mandated equality for girls in school sports where the school receives any kind of federal assistance, celebrates its 50th anniversary tomorrow, 6/23.

At the risk of going OT, Title IX was not just about sports. It was about educational equity in general. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 1
On 6/21/2022 at 6:50 PM, GeeGolly said:

For me its not whether they're utilizing it or not, its do they have a vested interest in it.

A grandfather who doesn't believe in public school, whose grandchildren are never going to step foot in public school, sitting on the school board, makes me a bit uncomfortable.

I can see that.  One should believe in what they are governing/voting for or against.  

• Like 1
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

Weren't Austin and his siblings home schooled? How can you be on the school board, without having kids in the school system? What a crock. 

Apparently he wants to have a voice in what other kids in his district learn, but absolutely does not want anyone to be able to have a voice regarding what his kids learn. Hypocrisy at its finest. 

• Applause 9
  • Love 9

Please move on from the discussion regarding the school board. 

This isn’t a warning, simply an encouragement to remain civil, and keep the focus of the thread on Joy, Austin & their family. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

A3CEA2BC-1132-4F0F-926F-9BFB8EAB4316.jpeg

40B63D67-B840-49A9-9D46-E42747A0139F.jpeg

Florida

Joy really is the prettiest of the Duggar young women. Is that her on the left in the second shot, though? If so, she really looks like Jill. Maybe part of why she is more photogenic than her sisters is she mugs for the camera less.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
26 minutes ago, jcbrown said:

Joy really is the prettiest of the Duggar young women. Is that her on the left in the second shot, though? If so, she really looks like Jill. Maybe part of why she is more photogenic than her sisters is she mugs for the camera less.

Who is the one who's pregnant? And I'm glad she's doing the "bump cradle" thing. I almost missed that she's pregnant. 😑

Edited by Stevie Nicks
Because in and I'm are two totally different words.
  • LOL 18
1 hour ago, Stevie Nicks said:

Who is the one who's pregnant? And I'm glad she's doing the "bump cradle" thing. I almost missed that she's pregnant. 😑

I've never seen her before. But rest assured, her husband is in Mediccorps. 😃

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
3 hours ago, Stevie Nicks said:

Also props to Abby, who is also pregnant, but is not touching her bump in any of the pics I saw. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, Tdoc72 said:

Also props to Abby, who is also pregnant, but is not touching her bump in any of the pics I saw. 

And also apparently isn't opposed to having her hair cut to a reasonable length. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12
On 6/28/2022 at 6:59 PM, jcbrown said:

I think Joy has a more satisfying life than Jessa or Jinger. She has a real childhood friend who she is still friends with, she gets to do the tomboy thing with Austin, and now she has the Real Housewives of Mediccorps for socialization. Plus, her husband seems to be very involved with her and their children. 

• Like 8
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11
On 6/28/2022 at 11:40 PM, emmawoodhouse said:

I've never seen her before. But rest assured, her husband is in Mediccorps. 😃

her name in Tannan Millsap - husband is Mitchell. I think this is their 4th kid and the other 3 are under 6.  Agree the husband is surely involved in Mediccorps. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

I love it when there's secular music surrounding anything Duggar.  Here's Shania's Man, I Feel Like a Woman as Joy, Abbie, and friends walk by.  And the last line shown is "We only wanna dance."   JB's head would explode.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CfSZ4U-AynF/

More photos:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CfU_y7GtgJS/

This trip probably makes JB's head explode b/c it's so normal. Women hanging out together with no headship or little kids, they're wearing appropriate beach clothing, and they're not hunting down strangers to 'witness' to.

• Like 4
  • Love 12
34 minutes ago, Nysha said:

This trip probably makes JB's head explode b/c it's so normal. Women hanging out together with no headship or little kids, they're wearing appropriate beach clothing, and they're not hunting down strangers to 'witness' to.

They really do look like they are having a lot of fun together. 

• Like 6
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Nysha said:

I bet it doubly kills Michelle. One because its not Fundy and two because she's jealous she didn't have that.

• Like 3
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, Nysha said:

they're not hunting down strangers to 'witness' to.

They may very well be doing this. They certainly all still want to take away rights from women and LGBT, and I would assume god bothering is still an important part of their abhorrent belief system. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 4
  • Applause 2
  • Love 5
(edited)
8 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I bet it doubly kills Michelle. One because its not Fundy and two because she's jealous she didn't have that.

Michelle was married for almost four years before she started breeding for Jesus. Maybe she had some girls' trips in that period? She definitely wouldn't have had time before the girls were old enough to take on sister mom duties. 

Edited by Salacious Kitty
1 minute ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Michelle was married for almost four years before she started breeding for Jesus. Maybe she had some girls' trips in that period? She definitely wouldn't have had time before the girls were old enough to take on sister mom duties. 

She was in full Fundy mode by the time Jana and JD were born, so by then she and JB were attached at the hip - because, you know, accountability. Prior to that, who knows?

• Useful 2
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Based on how things are going down with the Plaths, this in bold is not entirely out of the question.

• Like 5
  • Useful 2
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Good point! Michelle hasn't had fun since high school, before she met JB!

• Like 3
  • Love 2
On 6/29/2022 at 2:24 AM, Tdoc72 said:

Our bar for approval is so low. . . 😜

• LOL 16