Type keyword(s) to search

Joy and Austin: This One Time At Family Camp

• Start Topic

9 minutes ago, CandyCaneTree said:
2 hours ago, Jeeves said:

I think it's just a generational race to the bottom. Each generation will be less well-educated than their parents. 

I still say that they want each generation dumber than the previous generation. 

How do they plan on their uneducated adult offspring to have enough skills to be self-employed and support their own dozen+ babies? Or do they not see past their need to control this generation and as much as the next that they can?

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
15 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Jessa and Joy look good in pants. Like Jill, they've got cute, curvy figures. It's a bummer they had to hide them for so long in shapeless maxis. 

Yeah, but think of all the divorces they haven't caused.....and all the energy they've saved for fundie girls and women who haven't been forced to yell NIKE!! to turn eyes away from the Duggarlings' curves. 

• LOL 17
  • Love 1

Screenshots from a video. In the video Joy says they are going to Missouri to spend the evening with Carlin and Evan while they are vacationing  with his family. Austin is along for this trip, he didn’t looked thrilled. Austin’s parents are watching the children.

E1268EF2-A82F-40A9-92EF-26D28E072896.jpeg

C5FCCCAD-E3A2-4A55-89E4-2C0F90A64F65.jpeg

• Useful 5
  • LOL 1

Joy looks great. I saw her stories, and I agree Austin looked less than enthused. The few times I've seen him interact with Evan were painfully awkward. They're polar opposites in terms of personalities so I can't imagine it's fun for them to hang out while Joy and Carlin have girl time. 

• Love 8
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

A8DBC3A6-5C81-424E-8DD8-E82124E6DA5B.jpeg

I don't love the hair with the dress together - the hair feels too casual. I love the color of the dress and the shoes, however. And I love that the dress is a little above her knees.

On the other dress, I love how Joy is not wearing a modesty panel. She doesn't need it. And it's a great color on her as well.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

I’m thinking Joy will get pregnant during this vacation.

I guarantee she will, if she isn’t already!

personally I think Austen looks way too hairy and needed a good haircut and beard cleanup before attending a wedding. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, floridamom said:

Austin needed a haircut. Is Joy wearing a dress very similar to Josie Bates?

Similar color, but Joy’s was much nicer. Josie’s dress was all kinds of awful.  Shiny material, tight ruched skirt with a button down top. In all the photos she was holding Hazel so I could not see the waist. I was curious how the two halves of the dress came together, because the top was fairly loose and the skirt was tight. In the photos you could see every seam- it looked really cheap and poorly made, but maybe it looked better in person? And then there were those horrendous boots.  
Never thought I would see the day where a Duggar (and Joy to boot) would top a Bates as far as outfit choices go, but it happened!

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, awaken said:

I guarantee she will, if she isn’t already!

personally I think Austen looks way too hairy and needed a good haircut and beard cleanup before attending a wedding. 

I agree with you about Austen.  I think he’s a good-looking guy, but IMO he would look better without any facial hair and with a professional haircut.  I think Joy is really pretty too, but IMO she needs to use a lighter hand, and a lighter shade, when applying eyebrow pencil.  
I do think they are truly in love and enjoy being married to each other.  I remember when I found out they were a couple.  I’ve always really liked Joy, and I was concerned that she was getting married just to GTFO of the Duggar prison.  I’m glad I was wrong.  She deserves true love and true happiness.  I just hope they don’t have a bus load of kids.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, farmgal4 said:

I agree with you about Austen.  I think he’s a good-looking guy, but IMO he would look better without any facial hair and with a professional haircut.  I think Joy is really pretty too, but IMO she needs to use a lighter hand, and a lighter shade, when applying eyebrow pencil.  
I do think they are truly in love and enjoy being married to each other.  I remember when I found out they were a couple.  I’ve always really liked Joy, and I was concerned that she was getting married just to GTFO of the Duggar prison.  I’m glad I was wrong.  She deserves true love and true happiness.  I just hope they don’t have a bus load of kids

I agree, and it's crazy because I never expected Austin to turn out to be one of the better husbands. He always gave me militant asshole vibes, yet here Joy is, playing softball, doing triathlons, taking solo trips to visit Carlin, etc. They're still very traditional, but Joy's the only Duggar sister who seems to have fun. Jessa never gets out of the house, Jinger only does stuff that's Jeremy-oriented and I think Jill's estrangement from the family bothers her more than she'd like to admit. 

• Love 15
11 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

Similar color, but Joy’s was much nicer. Josie’s dress was all kinds of awful.  Shiny material, tight ruched skirt with a button down top. In all the photos she was holding Hazel so I could not see the waist. I was curious how the two halves of the dress came together, because the top was fairly loose and the skirt was tight. In the photos you could see every seam- it looked really cheap and poorly made, but maybe it looked better in person? And then there were those horrendous boots.  
Never thought I would see the day where a Duggar (and Joy to boot) would top a Bates as far as outfit choices go, but it happened!

Someone posted a pic in Josie’s thread in the Bringing up Bates forum. I don’t remember what the waist was like, but the photo is there.

On 10/24/2021 at 12:13 PM, BitterApple said:

I agree, and it's crazy because I never expected Austin to turn out to be one of the better husbands. He always gave me militant asshole vibes, yet here Joy is, playing softball, doing triathlons, taking solo trips to visit Carlin, etc. They're still very traditional, but Joy's the only Duggar sister who seems to have fun. Jessa never gets out of the house, Jinger only does stuff that's Jeremy-oriented and I think Jill's estrangement from the family bothers her more than she'd like to admit. 

Austin also seems by far the closest BIL to the rest of the Duggar siblings. Jeremy looks down on the Duggars, Ben doesn't seem close with any of them, and Derick wants nothing to do with them.

Meanwhile, JD, Jed, and Justin all had Austin as a groomsman in their weddings. Joy was close with her brothers growing up, and now she has a husband who is close with them too. Another reason she appears happier in her marriage than the others.

Like everyone else, I hope Joy isn't pregnant every year, and gets to enjoy her family of four and pursuing softball + her other hobbies. 

• Love 15