Type keyword(s) to search

Joy and Austin: This One Time At Family Camp

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Honesty, because Joy shouldn't have to.  Joy should be able to post pictures of her kids without comments like that.  Anyone commenting on Joy's posts about Josh is an asshole and should be blocked.  

Agree. Those posters are 💯 assholes. But Joy continues to share these with millions of complete strangers, and this will inevitably happen. The poster went about it in a completely messed up way, but I think they were trying to say that others like Josh will also see these pictures in a sexual way.

1 hour ago, Chicklet said:

So Joy goes on a trip to see her bestie while her precious daughter has a "terrrible cold" in the age of covid? Well they do things very differently for sure.

RSV is also a huge concern for babies and young kids right now . It can be more harmful than Covid for that age.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

My first thought was that the baby looks fine just sleeping (those cheeks are so precious I am DYING), but that Joy does not look well. Sad and exhausted. 

I think she looks like a mom who has either been up all night with a sick child, or who has had an exhausting day with a child who was sick and miserable and not easily consoled.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Chicklet said:

So Joy goes on a trip to see her bestie while her precious daughter has a "terrrible cold" in the age of covid? Well they do things very differently for sure.

Terrible colds can come on quickly.  Evy could have been fine when Joy left, then come down with a fever and cold and Joy cut her trip short.  Not trying to be argumentative but I remember my daughter at that age and how she could be feeling absolutely fine in the morning, then wake up from her afternoon nap feeling miserable and her nose running like a faucet.

• Love 14
15 minutes ago, Tigregirl said:

Terrible colds can come on quickly.  Evy could have been fine when Joy left, then come down with a fever and cold and Joy cut her trip short.  Not trying to be argumentative but I remember my daughter at that age and how she could be feeling absolutely fine in the morning, then wake up from her afternoon nap feeling miserable and her nose running like a faucet.

Yeah I don’t think Joy necessarily left when Evy was sick. She could’ve been just fine and only got sick when Joy was gone or after she came back. 

Also Austin was there with the kids. Baring a serious illness or accident I wouldn’t expect Joy to cancel her visit when there was another parent/ caregiver available to care for the child. 

• Love 13
59 minutes ago, Tigregirl said:

I think she looks like a mom who has either been up all night with a sick child, or who has had an exhausting day with a child who was sick and miserable and not easily consoled.

And what would be the reason to post this for millions of strangers?

• Love 9
13 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

And what would be the reason to post this for millions of strangers?

Because she grew up a Duggar with her life documented on camera for all to see and thinks that’s normal.  That and they all believe they’re super Christians and celebrities that the world can’t get enough of.

I have relatives and friends around the same age who would post the same kinds of pictures on Instagram or Facebook.  Granted they don’t have millions of followers but some have 400-700 people on their Friends list. I’ve seen plenty of similar pictures posted on their pages.

Edited by Tigregirl
Wording correction
  • Love 8

I don't know, for me, if I had toddlers and was a stay at home parent during a pandemic, my kids wouldn't have had an opportunity to be exposed to a cold. But we know the Forsyths have disregarded any precautions in the last year. But the fact they took Evy to the doctor for a cold makes me think they were concerned it may have been covid.

Maybe this will be a little wake up call. In the US about 50% of adults, ages 12 and up are vaccinated and depending on the data you read, up to 20% (mostly adults) have had covid. That means one of the most vulnerable populations now, are young. Delta is crazy contagious. The Duggars are privileged in ways many are not. They can stay home and protect their kids.

• Useful 2
  • Love 18
9 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I don't know, for me, if I had toddlers and was a stay at home parent during a pandemic, my kids wouldn't have had an opportunity to be exposed to a cold. But we know the Forsyths have disregarded any precautions in the last year. But the fact they took Evy to the doctor for a cold makes me think they were concerned it may have been covid.

Maybe this will be a little wake up call. In the US about 50% of adults, ages 12 and up are vaccinated and depending on the data you read, up to 20% (mostly adults) have had covid. That means one of the most vulnerable populations now, are young. Delta is crazy contagious. The Duggars are privileged in ways many are not. They can stay home and protect their kids.

Austin isn't stay-at-home.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Dehumidifier said:

Austin isn't stay-at-home.

No, I suppose he's not and I posted parent, not parents. My point was the Forsyths don't need to put their kids in day care. Also, neither parent has to interact at an office or in a public facing job. They have more options to keep their kids safe and away from others than many parents of young children do.

• Useful 2
  • Love 15
24 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

What work do you get think he’s been doing?

He can work for someone else w/o a license: https://www.aclb.arkansas.gov/faqs/

Q.  I am just working as a subcontractor on a Home Improvement project, do I need a license?

A.  It depends. If you are working as a subcontractor for a properly licensed contractor, then no, you would not need a license. If you are working for an unlicensed contractor (such as a homeowner acting as his or her own contractor) then yes, you would need a license, if the project is $2,000 or more, labor and material.

Plus we know he's been busy on this: https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/pictures/joy-anna-duggar-austin-forsyths-rv-renovation-before-after-pics/

Edited by Dehumidifier
  • Useful 2

I wonder if being sued made it feel too risky for Austin to keep flipping houses. One search on Google would let anyone know contractor Austin might have deep pockets. Its the Duggar curse that keeps on giving.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

I have looked for any houses/property he my have purchased recently to flip and found nothing.

Just the newly formed Skybound Aviation llc. Makes me think that Austin is most likely out of the house flipping business for now.

• Useful 4
58 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I wonder if being sued made it feel too risky for Austin to keep flipping houses. One search on Google would let anyone know contractor Austin might have deep pockets. Its the Duggar curse that keeps on giving.

He might also be working at a family camp full-time? 

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Is that a year round thing?

I don’t know. Seems like summer is their busy time, but they also seem to have various events of vacationers around even in the cold months. 

I’m sure as a haven of anti-masker vacationers.  Wasn’t John David talking to a big group there a few weeks ago? 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

How hard is it to get a contractor’s license in Arkansas?  Can anyone just apply and get one?  Here in Nevada you have to take a test.  If you fail, no license.  

couldn't be too hard to get - he had a license and it expired. sure he could be working under Jason's license, but why would he do that if he already had his own license that just need to be renewed? I think Austin has moved on from flipping and getting into some sort of flying business.

3 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

couldn't be too hard to get - he had a license and it expired. sure he could be working under Jason's license, but why would he do that if he already had his own license that just need to be renewed? I think Austin has moved on from flipping and getting into some sort of flying business.

Yeah Austin seems to be distancing himself from home flipping or building. He and Joy always seem to be busy, they are renovating another RV now. So he may be getting into other things.

16 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

Was that recent RV reno for them?  Maybe that's their new thing.  Possibly a license isn't required for that?

Joy said she hopes it’s not to flip, she wants to take family trips in it. Austin said he’s not so sure, or something like that. 

By the way they’re doing shiplap in it, that Austin cut from 1/4” plywood.

Joy sliding it in place:

580129F1-8646-4557-92E0-B6952A3D2099.jpeg

Edited by ginger90
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Joy said she hopes it’s not to flip, she wants to take family trips in it. Austin said he’s not so sure, or something like that. 

By the way they’re doing shiplap in it, that Austin cut from 1/4” plywood.

Joy sliding it in place:

580129F1-8646-4557-92E0-B6952A3D2099.jpeg

My mind went to ugly places when I read that. 

• LOL 1
17 minutes ago, Dehumidifier said:

Well, Doctor Quinn Medicine Woman did start her marriage in a honeymoon suite Sully set up in a railroad car. 

She sure did. In a TV show. A TV show depicting life in the late 1800s. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

Was that recent RV reno for them?  Maybe that's their new thing.  Possibly a license isn't required for that?

Joy said in her stories that she was doing something with the windows that would be completed when Austin came home. Definitely implying that he's working *somewhere*.

• Useful 3
49 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

She sure did. In a TV show. A TV show depicting life in the late 1800s. 

“I like a man that works with his hands”.  So do I, Jana. So do I. Join us on the Darkside and you can have the pleasures of this flesh.  I remember thinking he was so hot back then. I wasn’t wrong. 

181E4FFA-F375-4B7D-A098-9CE19E60F95B.jpeg

136A5526-79F8-409F-AFFD-9E63B7DA8BBE.gif

• LOL 7
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, JoanArc said:

“I like a man that works with his hands”.  So do I, Jana. So do I. Join us on the Darkside and you can have the pleasures of this flesh.  I remember thinking he was so hot back then. I wasn’t wrong. 

That 90s hair, though. 

• LOL 7
11 hours ago, JoanArc said:

That is a man who knows what foreplay is and that there are more positions than missionary.

golden girls blanche GIF

• LOL 11
1 hour ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

I’m guessing RSV.  Several tiny tots in my family had it recently. Thanks to COVID and the lockdowns, children haven’t been able to build up their resistance to it.

Same situation here - not my family, but there was an article in our local newspaper just this week about a spike in RSV cases here, which until now was unheard of during the summer months. Attributed to kids not having had the exposure to build up immunity because of the lockdown. 

• Love 6