Type keyword(s) to search

Joy and Austin: This One Time At Family Camp

• Start Topic

On 7/2/2021 at 5:42 AM, libgirl2 said:

My son still wore them when he was three. I think he was fully trained right before he turned four. I think he was wearing those pull ups around that time.  I didn't mind waiting, he never had accidents that I had to clean up. 

Same with my grandkids. They’re all different. . 

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

Per Carlin’s Instagram, Joy is on her way for a visit. Wonder if the whole 4Site clan is going or just Joy (& Evy)?

I'm thinking Joy and Evy. The few times I've seen Austin and Evan interact were painfully awkward. They have nothing in common and are polar opposites in terms of personality. If they all go, I'll be surprised. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, ozziemom said:

Per Carlin’s Instagram, Joy is on her way for a visit. Wonder if the whole 4Site clan is going or just Joy (& Evy)?

How many visits have they had during a raging pandemic? Kids are now getting sick.

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Love 11
4 minutes ago, riverblue22 said:

Since Carlin and Evan had such bad cases of covid they probably figure they are immune.  But I hear that Delta covid doesn't care about that and you are just as vulnerable as any other unvaccinated person.

I don't think Evan ever got sick, just tested positive. Carlin experienced mild symptoms, but as is her wont, she exaggerated her experience. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, awaken said:

They don’t care. 

Will they when it’s their own kids or their friends’ kids?

2 hours ago, riverblue22 said:

Since Carlin and Evan had such bad cases of covid they probably figure they are immune.  But I hear that Delta covid doesn't care about that and you are just as vulnerable as any other unvaccinated person.

Did their daughter have it? Because Delta is hitting kids now.

• Love 5
31 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

No, Layla tested negative.

That time. She might not be so lucky again. 

Topic: Did anyone else see the photo of Joy and Austin playing golf, in which Joy is wearing shorts and OMG HER KNEES ARE SHOWING? 

Edited by Heathen
  • LOL 2
  • Love 9
7 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

Will they when it’s their own kids or their friends’ kids?

Did their daughter have it? Because Delta is hitting kids now.

When it is their kid, expect them to post hourly updates with multiple photos of the sick child, especially if the little one ends up in the hospital.  Expect to see Carlin's sad/worried face under the 3 lbs of makeup and false eyelashes and prepare to be amazed to see her tell the sad tale of her sleepless nights at the baby's bedside, with her hair perfectly styled in beachy waves and an impeccable mani/pedi at all times.

Their first thought will be their child, but 'Wow!  This is going to look so cool on the 'gram! I'm going to get a million hits!' is going to be a close second

Edited by Rootbeer
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

u41rgwjff2h71.jpg?width=828&format=pjpg&

pb3xpjljf2h71.png?width=828&format=png&a

So being best friends 4eva, the first thing they decided to do after reuniting is to stage a professional photo shoot? Wearing outfits constructed of old bedsheets in tones of vanilla and cream. I guess I must be too old.  That wouldn't have been in the top 1000 activities I'd have planned in their places.

Edited by Rootbeer
  • LOL 9
  • Love 10
4 minutes ago, Rootbeer said:

So being best friends 4eva, the first thing they decided to do after reuniting is to stage a professional photo shoot? Wearing outfits constructed of old bedsheets in tones of vanilla and cream. I guess I must be too old.  That wouldn't have been in the top 1000 activities I'd have planned in their places.

I guess everyone who visits Carlin must immediately go to a photo shoot at the BSB. Katey Duggar was last there the other day. It appears that is the main thing Carlin does at work, photo shoot, then post on Instagram.

• Love 8

One of them is obviously not a natural blonde. Fake fake fake. Blonde doesn't look good on her, either. 

Since I'm overtired (thanks to my sick cat) and being extra snarky, Carlin's nose is too big for her face. All I can see in her closeups is a big ol' snout. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Rootbeer said:

IKR? I am so confused by everything there. The backdrop? The outfits?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Rootbeer said:

So being best friends 4eva, the first thing they decided to do after reuniting is to stage a professional photo shoot? Wearing outfits constructed of old bedsheets in tones of vanilla and cream. 

I think they might be modeling outfits for the Bates' Sisters' Boutique? Maybe? At the very least the bedsheet background is for that.

Also, looks like Joy is getting a new hairdo...

joy.jpg

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Heathen said:

Since I'm overtired (thanks to my sick cat) and being extra snarky, Carlin's nose is too big for her face. All I can see in her closeups is a big ol' snout. 

I guarantee she'll eventually get it done under the guise of "fixing a deviated septum." That's the excuse girls used back when I was in high school. 

Joy looks really pretty. I'm curious to see how her hair turns out.

With regards to covid, are people still staying at home? I'm in Las Vegas and while our governor put the mask mandate back in place, no one is really social distancing anymore. 

• Love 1

I think all of the girls who have gone “blonde” needed to have a non-platinum blonde. They all look as though the color was stripped from their hair without any blonde tint added to it.  Very few people who are not naturally platinum blonde can pull it off. 

• Love 13
2 hours ago, Teriacky said:

I think all of the girls who have gone “blonde” needed to have a non-platinum blonde. They all look as though the color was stripped from their hair without any blonde tint added to it.  Very few people who are not naturally platinum blonde can pull it off. 

This is so true. I'm a natural blonde, "dishwater blonde" as my mother called it, but my hair still got very light in the summer. My friend, a light brunette, had been 'highlighting' her hair since I met her, but over time she became a bleached blonde - almost a dullish white, and not on purpose. She still "highlights" her hair, yet it is all one (ugly) color, lol. When I started to gray I showed my hair dresser pictures of my friend and told her, please whatever you do, never let my hair look like that. I'm pleased to say it never has, even when the summer sun bleaches out my dyed haired.

My friend's hair, then and now, looks like some of the Bates sisters' hair. It'll only get worse and worse if they don't stop. Katie's and Carlin's look the worst, IMO.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I guarantee she'll eventually get it done under the guise of "fixing a deviated septum." That's the excuse girls used back when I was in high school. 

With regards to covid, are people still staying at home? I'm in Las Vegas and while our governor put the mask mandate back in place, no one is really social distancing anymore. 

I’m not the only one who noticed that Carlin doesn’t have a button nose?  She seems to be the only one who got that gene.

I’m in Vegas too and we are staying pretty close to home.  Definitely no movies and no way would I go near The Strip. Of course, I didn’t go pre-Covid either. Interesting that there are no mandatory capacity limits anymore but we did go out to a neighborhood restaurant last week and only every other table was occupied.  Not sure if they were doing it for safety or if they were understaffed but I felt safe enough.  Definitely would not have gone if it was elbow to elbow. We are both fully vaccinated, it’s just the two of us, and DH works from home but still our trips out are few and far between. Of course we always wear our masks.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I'm curious to see Joy's hair too.

As to covid I think it matters where you are and how you've been managing throughout the last year and a half. For us, after we were vaxxed, we changed our behaviors very little, but many of our friends starting dining in restaurants and socializing more. But in Since mid-July most have gone back to masking up and only socializing outdoors.

The Bates and Duggars just went on with life as usual since the pandemic began, but many who didn't take covid seriously before are being more cautious with the even more contagious delta variant spreading around

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I've heard that excuse too. "THAT'S what they use to cover Connecticut when it rains!" 

As far as covid goes, I really can't tell if the Bateseseses and Duggars are more stupid than arrogant, or more arrogant than stupid. 

• Love 16

I think it’s more stupid with a dash of “Jesus will protect us”. 🙄

Interesting that Carlin posted a couple of throwback photos from 2018 last week.  Her face was fuller and her nose was not as prominent.  She has lost a fair amount of weight since having Layla, but she really wasn’t big to begin with. She is also taller than some of her sisters ( Josie, Alyssa, and Katie) so she looks even skinnier. 

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Heathen said:

One of them is obviously not a natural blonde. Fake fake fake. Blonde doesn't look good on her, either. 

If Carlin has seen your comment, she’s made an appointment with the surgeon already. 😄

• LOL 12
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

I think it’s more stupid with a dash of “Jesus will protect us”. 🙄

Interesting that Carlin posted a couple of throwback photos from 2018 last week.  Her face was fuller and her nose was not as prominent.  She has lost a fair amount of weight since having Layla, but she really wasn’t big to begin with. She is also taller than some of her sisters ( Josie, Alyssa, and Katie) so she looks even skinnier. 

"Jesus will protect us" is just arrogance. Your religion will protect you but not the millions of people who have already died? (general you, not YOU)

When did Carlin's social media attention-whoring start in force? Was it after she had a baby? Maybe that's why the extra weight loss. 

My sick cat's name is Carly. I actually wrote Carly instead of Carlin. 😬

• Love 8

Actually, I think Carlin is very aware of her nose.  She occasionally posts stories while doing her makeup, and she always swipes highlighter down the center of her nose.  

I have never worn much makeup, but I know there are certain tricks to minimize "problem features".  I'm guessing this is one of them. 

• Useful 3
6 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

Actually, I think Carlin is very aware of her nose.  She occasionally posts stories while doing her makeup, and she always swipes highlighter down the center of her nose.  

I have never worn much makeup, but I know there are certain tricks to minimize "problem features".  I'm guessing this is one of them. 

Yes, that's an old-school way of trying to minimize the snout. It doesn't really work, which is probably why it's old school. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Heathen said:

Someone wrote in the comments "You mean a brunette and a blonde". But I don't think the comment is there anymore. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Dehumidifier said:

I think Carlin's nose makes her face more interesting than those of her sisters.

I think they're all pretty generic, and with the exception of Michael, overly made-up and overdone. Fundie Kartrashians. It's a tossup whether Carlin is the fundie Kim or Kylie. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 12

Carlin's hair looked much better BEFORE those extensions. A waste of money. Joe is not getting a hew hairdo, she's having her hair colored....also not necessary IMO. Both have a better look with their natural hair.

• Love 5

Joy always looks like she could use a good scrubbing.  Clean or not. I’ll never forget the episode when Austin was picking her up for a date and Joy was hunting around for matching shoes. Said shoes all looked filthy inside and her soles were black with dirt. Gross. Austin did say her feet stink. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
23 minutes ago, zenme said:

Joy always looks like she could use a good scrubbing.  Clean or not. I’ll never forget the episode when Austin was picking her up for a date and Joy was hunting around for matching shoes. Said shoes all looked filthy inside and her soles were black with dirt. Gross. Austin did say her feet stink. 

That episode reminded me of my kid's childhood friend. She always had dirty and sweaty feet. I introduced her to socks and washing her feet. She was only 6, but she said, "We're supposed to wash our feet?!". I'm like, "Yup, we all need to wash all our parts". Her eyes were as big as saucers with the wonder of it all.

I often think the Duggars think showers and baths just involve water - no soap or shampoo. The Duggars have company though, there's a few celebs who are talking about how little they bathe their kids. It just makes me wonder what their kids do all day that they can go days without obviously needing a bath. The Duggars, on the other hand, have always seemed to look a little grimy.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, SMama said:

I thought Carlin had her hair done recently, she made an IG story about it.

Apparently Evan didn’t notice her new hair so she needed to get it done again. She also has said she needs long hair for upcoming weddings. 🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️
I’m guessing she just likes changing her hair.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

Apparently Evan didn’t notice her new hair so she needed to get it done again. She also has said she needs long hair for upcoming weddings. 🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️
I’m guessing she just likes changing her hair.

I went to the salon for the first time in 17 months, just before the latest wave.  Cut and color, gratuity:  $160.  Carlin and gang go monthly, I am certain.  This from the people who were crammed into the tiny house Jim Boob helped enlarge and whose family doctor was the ER.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
17 minutes ago, sheshark said:

I went to the salon for the first time in 17 months, just before the latest wave.  Cut and color, gratuity:  $160.  Carlin and gang go monthly, I am certain.  This from the people who were crammed into the tiny house Jim Boob helped enlarge and whose family doctor was the ER.

Your priorities are clearly out of whack with the Bates.  

Those extensions look terrible.  The color is awful, they look too sparse and scraggly.  How sad that Carlin thinks they were necessary.  Or that she feels the need to do stuff to herself to get her husband's attention.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, beckie said:

So she just went to Carlin's to have a photoshoot and get her hair done? 

3 minutes ago, beckie said:

So she just went to Carlin's to have a photoshoot and get her hair done? 

And some weed, maybe?

• LOL 21