Type keyword(s) to search

Joy and Austin: This One Time At Family Camp

• Start Topic

On 8/4/2021 at 2:29 PM, crazy8s said:

really nothing much from them since austin settled that court case about the bad septic it seems. Oh and also Austin"s contractor's license has been expired since april 30 and has not been renewed as yet unless he started a new llc to get a new license.

Austin's llc is listed under their accountants name and is in good standing.

Further on this topic - Austin's contractor's license expired April 30th. He formed a new llc.

August, 10 2021  Skybound Aviation LLC.  Again registered under duggar accountant Jimmy Burns' name.

Edited by crazy8s
  • Useful 9
  • Love 1
23 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

I’m not the only one who noticed that Carlin doesn’t have a button nose?  She seems to be the only one who got that gene.

I’m in Vegas too and we are staying pretty close to home.  Definitely no movies and no way would I go near The Strip. Of course, I didn’t go pre-Covid either. Interesting that there are no mandatory capacity limits anymore but we did go out to a neighborhood restaurant last week and only every other table was occupied.  Not sure if they were doing it for safety or if they were understaffed but I felt safe enough.  Definitely would not have gone if it was elbow to elbow. We are both fully vaccinated, it’s just the two of us, and DH works from home but still our trips out are few and far between. Of course we always wear our masks.  

I like her nose better than a button nose 🤷‍♀️

• Love 5

I know someone who always looks grimy and smelly. She has oily skin and hair, like I do, but hers looks gross. She mentioned once (she's married to my uncle) that she showers every other day, but I think it's also from using cheap shampoo and soap. Let's face it, for some people, using $1.99 Suave shampoo and Zest bar soap isn't going to cut it, just as using La Cheap laundry detergent isn't going to be sufficient. I think the Duggars fall in that category. 

Topic: Joy does in fact look stoned in that photo. Carlin does, too -- it would explain a lot about her. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
26 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

Further on this topic - Austin's contractor's license expired April 30th. He formed a new llc in August, Skybound Aviation LLC.  Again registered under duggar accountant Jimmy Burns.

So much for him being independent of JB.

I wonder if Joy will continue to deny coloring her hair 🤣.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Am I the only one who thinks the highlights are "meh."? They're not awful, but I don't think the end result warranted a trip to Tennessee. She could've gotten the same thing at any salon in Arkansas (unless the stylist gave her a deal, of course). 

Very meh, maybe worse than meh. The (very few) highlights make her natural hair look darker, which doesn't do much for her complexion.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I'm a bitch for saying this, but that is the most un-photogenic kid I've ever seen. 

I’m guessing she’s not “growing out of it” anytime soon 🤣🤣

1 hour ago, Heathen said:

Carlin does, too -- it would explain a lot about her. 

🤣🤣 unfortunately I think she’s just that dumb, and embraces it as a personality trait 🤦🏻‍♀️

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Heathen said:

I know someone who always looks grimy and smelly. She has oily skin and hair, like I do, but hers looks gross. She mentioned once (she's married to my uncle) that she showers every other day, but I think it's also from using cheap shampoo and soap. Let's face it, for some people, using $1.99 Suave shampoo and Zest bar soap isn't going to cut it, just as using La Cheap laundry detergent isn't going to be sufficient. I think the Duggars fall in that category. 

I also have wondered if one of the Duggar problems is that they have oily hair/skin and they either use the wrong products or don't use them often enough. 

Also, as a fellow oily person, I am shocked the person you mentioned only showers every other day. Even after finding hair and skin products that help me look less homeless, I still can't go a full 24 hours without seeming to spring oil leaks. I've had multiple people tell me that it's not necessary, but they're not the fucking ones who have to live with it and look like that. 

• Love 16
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

Am I the only one who thinks the highlights are "meh."? They're not awful, but I don't think the end result warranted a trip to Tennessee. She could've gotten the same thing at any salon in Arkansas (unless the stylist gave her a deal, of course). 

Maybe a deal. Those kind of highlights are expensive!

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Zella said:

I also have wondered if one of the Duggar problems is that they have oily hair/skin and they either use the wrong products or don't use them often enough. 

Also, as a fellow oily person, I am shocked the person you mentioned only showers every other day. Even after finding hair and skin products that help me look less homeless, I still can't go a full 24 hours without seeming to spring oil leaks. I've had multiple people tell me that it's not necessary, but they're not the fucking ones who have to live with it and look like that. 

There's a good side.  You shouldn't get premature wrinkles.  Oily skin tends to age more gracefully than dry skin (like mine.)  

Hopefully Joy now showers and shampoos (and scrubs her filthy feet) more frequently than she used to.  

• Love 5

19 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I'm a bitch for saying this, but that is the most un-photogenic kid I've ever seen. 

I'm one to find every baby/toddler adorable, but that kid? Oof. I'll join you in the bitchery. 

18 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

I like her nose better than a button nose 🤷‍♀️

Same. It goes with her features and I find her to be strikingly pretty. A button nose would make her very "girl next door" which...meh. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7

I don't know about you all, but I found Jennifer Grey to be much prettier prior to getting her nose done.

Its kind of remarkable to see genes at work with the Bates and Duggars. It seems to me the Bates sisters look more alike than the Duggar sisters and the Duggar brothers look more alike than the Bates brothers.

Joy really has that girl-next-door beauty.

• Love 20
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

I found Jennifer Grey to be much prettier prior to getting her nose done

Agreed. I thought she was really striking before she had plastic surgery.

I do think Joy is prettier than Carlin (in fact, I've always thought Joy was one of the prettier of any of the Duggar girls), but I think Carlin's nose looks fine. 

I have one of those ski shoot noses like Bob Hope or Richard Nixon, courtesy of my great-great grandmother. We can literally follow the nose from her to my great-grandmother, my grandfather, my dad, and then me. Any time Bob Hope made fun of his nose, I always just thought, "Fuck off, man." LOL I guess it's not a conventionally attractive nose, but I like the family nose all the same. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 21
40 minutes ago, Zella said:

Agreed. I thought she was really striking before she had plastic surgery.

I do think Joy is prettier than Carlin (in fact, I've always thought Joy was one of the prettier of any of the Duggar girls), but I think Carlin's nose looks fine. 

I have one of those ski shoot noses like Bob Hope or Richard Nixon, courtesy of my great-great grandmother. We can literally follow the nose from her to my great-grandmother, my grandfather, my dad, and then me. Any time Bob Hope made fun Sof his nose, I always just thought, "Fuck off, man." LOL I guess it's not a conventionally attractive nose, but I like the family nose all the same. 

Same here. I inherited my dads side of the family ski slope nose. I've always hated it. 

And to keep this on topic, I think that Joy is one of the prettier Duggars. Carlin is getting weird looking, with her colored hair and all, it just seems to make her nose more prominent.  Like every thing on her face doesn't flow anymore. Like those harsh dark bushy eyebrows. Calling JillR...

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Spazamanaz said:

Same here. I inherited my dads side of the family ski slope nose. I've always hated it. 

And to keep this on topic, I think that Joy is one of the prettier Duggars. Carlin is getting weird looking, with her colored hair and all, it just seems to make her nose more prominent.  Like every thing on her face doesn't flow anymore. Like those harsh dark bushy eyebrows. Calling JillR...

She's lost too much [IMO] weight in recent years. I think that's why her nose looks more prominent now.

1 hour ago, LilJen said:

“Getting my hair colored for the first time.”

sure, Jan.

"Getting" meaning first time she didn't do it herself maybe?

• Love 8

I haven't been paying much attention to the Duggars aside from the Josh saga lately.  

But I wonder if Joy lost another pregnancy in the early stages?  She said they took some time to "refocus, reprioritize, and spend quality time together".  She also said her trip to see Carlin was a much appreciated change. 

Maybe the whole Josh thing has been stressful, and she needed time to work through her feelings.

But I also wonder if Jessa not publicizing her miscarriage between Ivy and Fern helped the others to realize that they don't have to be so transparent and it is ok to keep some things private.

• Love 11
Just now, 3 is enough said:

I haven't been paying much attention to the Duggars aside from the Josh saga lately.  

But I wonder if Joy lost another pregnancy in the early stages?  She said they took some time to "refocus, reprioritize, and spend quality time together".  She also said her trip to see Carlin was a much appreciated change. 

Maybe the whole Josh thing has been stressful, and she needed time to work through her feelings.

But I also wonder if Jessa not publicizing her miscarriage between Ivy and Fern helped the others to realize that they don't have to be so transparent and it is ok to keep some things private.

Refocus and reprioritize? I don’t know if she had another miscarriage, but what could she mean by this? What was she focused on before? She is just so dim.

• Love 12
On 8/14/2021 at 7:32 AM, GeeGolly said:

That episode reminded me of my kid's childhood friend. She always had dirty and sweaty feet. I introduced her to socks and washing her feet. She was only 6, but she said, "We're supposed to wash our feet?!". I'm like, "Yup, we all need to wash all our parts". Her eyes were as big as saucers with the wonder of it all.

In the case of a 6 year old I would put that on her caregivers. Joy was 19yrs old- no excuse. I have heard people say they dont wash their feet because they just assume the soap drips down their legs- I am glad those people do not live with me. 

I remember being a kid and playing outside in sandals in the summer, and my feet being dirty, I was always told to wash up when I came inside the house. Joy's feet were PITCH BLACK on the bottom. I would've been MORTIFIED. MORTIFIED.

On 8/14/2021 at 4:09 PM, BitterApple said:

Yes, she looks nice but its kind of basic. Not anything I wouldve posted on instagram. 

• Love 7
13 hours ago, Lady Whistleup said:

Reading between the lines, it seems as if Joy is extremely overwhelmed by life for whatever reason. Maybe it's having two tiny tots, maybe it's the Josh stuff, but she seems to NEED getaways with Carlin a lot.

Yeah I agree. I cannot imagine what Joy is going through with the Josh stuff, and how she is handling that. If she needs to get away and spend time with a friend for a weekend I cannot fault her for that.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Scarlett45 said:

Yeah I agree. I cannot imagine what Joy is going through with the Josh stuff, and how she is handling that. If she needs to get away and spend time with a friend for a weekend I cannot fault her for that.

If Joy's siblings say she is the "most conservative," then this whole thing with Josh might have shaken her to the core because she thinks she's lived the most godly life possible, and yet shit like this happens.

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
Just now, Lady Whistleup said:

If Joy's siblings say she is the "most conservative," then this whole thing with Josh might have shaken her to the core because she thinks she's lived the most godly life possible, and yet shit like this happens.

Also Joy was very very young when she was victimized by Josh. I would never tell a victim how to feel or behave, but I could see an older girl like Jessa/Jill were at the time understanding that their brother was fucked up. With a child as young as 5, I can believe she looked up to and respected Josh, and then she was assaulted by him.

Add in the charges of him possessing CSA, the reactions of her parents, and her being a Mom herself- I can believe she is stressed out and her emotions are all over the place.

• Love 17
6 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

My first thought was that the baby looks fine just sleeping (those cheeks are so precious I am DYING0, but that Joy does not look well. Sad and exhausted. 

Well, she did eat airport food 🤢.

• LOL 2