Type keyword(s) to search

Joy and Austin: This One Time At Family Camp

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, Spencer Hastings said:

I hesitated to post this because of the no politics rule, but naturally the comments are a hot mess. 

Yep..the comments..wow. Made me remember why I like the no politics stance on PTV. It's all hate, hate, hate. Nobody discusses anymore..it's all so.....vitriolic. And now I'm done.

Nov. 7 can't come too soon for me.

Edited by ChiCricket
  • Love 10
11 minutes ago, Spencer Hastings said:

I hesitated to post this because of the no politics rule, but naturally the comments are a hot mess. 

I didn't want to post it either because of that. The comments in latest Bates Family Insta post are a hot mess, as well. I couldn't believe some of the things their followers posted. Ok done with the topic.

Joy is celebrating her 20th bday a few days early with the twins and Carlin. According to Carlin this is the first time she's meeting Giddy. I guess this means Joy didn't attend Josie's wedding and Carlin didn't attend Josiah's wedding.

• Love 6
26 minutes ago, Lunera said:

I didn't want to post it either because of that. The comments in latest Bates Family Insta post are a hot mess, as well. I couldn't believe some of the things their followers posted. Ok done with the topic.

Joy is celebrating her 20th bday a few days early with the twins and Carlin. According to Carlin this is the first time she's meeting Giddy. I guess this means Joy didn't attend Josie's wedding and Carlin didn't attend Josiah's wedding.

Joy will be 21. No wonder she got such a fancy lunch with a visit from Carlin. I wonder where Carlin's sleeping during her stay?

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Sew Sumi said:

Joy will be 21. No wonder she got such a fancy lunch with a visit from Carlin. I wonder where Carlin's sleeping during her stay?

Ok, I'll say it. Is Joy pregnant?

Edited by ChiCricket
  • Love 5

I think #brodate is a really unfortunate choice of hashtag. Partially because if we're using the Urban Dictionary definition, in the words of Inigo Montoya, "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." But also partially because it really gives off an incest vibe. 

I hang out with my brother all the time. He really is one of my best friends. It doesn't need a hashtag, Duggars.

• Love 16
On 10/24/2018 at 12:54 PM, BitterApple said:

He's cute in that little "old man baby" way, but he still seems awfully scrawny. How old is he now?

Austin is not a very big guy, nor is he particularly tall. Gideon may take after him. 

• Love 3

Actually, I think she looks better in these photos than she has in years. She looks about a million times less vapid than she has looked in ages, and her smile actually reaches here eyes. That said, I agree with louannems that a nice shampoo and hair cut would do her a world of good.

• Love 17
2 hours ago, ChiCricket said:

Ok, I'll say it. Is Joy pregnant?

I'm thinking it's a combo of bad diet and loose ab muscles, but it wouldn't surprise me if she was.

As far as the hair, it looks like Joy hasn't washed it in a month. I get that babies are work, but come on. Surely Austin could lower himself to watch the kid for an hour so Joy can bathe and do her hair.

• Love 6

When your entur

10 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Interesting use of her middle finger.

308F0298-C463-4F64-AB25-050A55E8A4EB.jpeg

When your entire existence was planned just to create votes for a particular political party...

(and, whichever couch-sitting young man that is on the left is really getting Josh-faced. Poor guy.)

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 11
11 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

Actually, I think she looks better in these photos than she has in years. She looks about a million times less vapid than she has looked in ages, and her smile actually reaches here eyes. That said, I agree with louannems that a nice shampoo and hair cut would do her a world of good.

I barely recognized Joy at first.   I thought one of the Duggar guys had himself a lady friend. I think she looks better too. Maybe it's the clothes which look a little nicer than what she usually wears. Maybe Carlin helped her  pick out her outfit. 

• Love 2

Gideon’s little face cracks me up. I guess it’s good to get your awkward stage over while you’re still a baby....

Joy’s hair looks as though it’s been badly hilighted- at home. She needs to go see Josie the cosmetologist for a color correction. 

• Love 12

Giddy had no chance between the Duggar and Forsyth genes. Granted he seems like a happy little fella. I hope they don't beat that out of him.

Hoping Joy isn't pregnant again but I would not be the least bit surprised if she is. Last thing she needs is to have to Austin complain about how she's not doing something for him while she has a toddler and infant in tow.

• Love 12

I love that Josh-faced is a thing, and that we all know exactly what it means!

I suffered through cold sores my entire life until I finally got a prescription for Valtrex. Changed my life! I hope the same for Joy if this is an issue she struggles with. 

Edited by awaken
  • Love 10
15 minutes ago, awaken said:

I love that Josh-faced is a thing, and that we all know exactly what it means!

I suffered through cold sores my entire life until I finally got a prescription for Valtrex. Changed my life! I hope the same for Joy if this is an issue she struggles with. 

My son used to get canker sores when he was little. For him, I think it was stress related. It started around the time that his father remarried and his wife was not a very nice person. My son is on the spectrum and she (and her family), just didn't know how to talk to him or just get how he behaves.... and she was a teacher! My son suffered about a year with the sores. We tried everything the doctor's would recommend. Somewhere a long the way, they stopped...... right around the time my ex divorced his second wife! 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Love 8

Man, comments are dicey! I hate the way things are now. If I see someone who voted for the opposite party, I still think, "good for them. They're trying to make a difference!" Why everyone has to give their two cents o Joy's post is beyond me. Tired of the vitriol, and also glad for the no politics rule here!

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

Man, comments are dicey! I hate the way things are now. If I see someone who voted for the opposite party, I still think, "good for them. They're trying to make a difference!" Why everyone has to give their two cents o Joy's post is beyond me. Tired of the vitriol, and also glad for the no politics rule here!

I appreciate that they voted; I only hope they were fully informed about all of the candidates and issues before making their decision. Fat chance!

• Love 18
37 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

I appreciate that they voted; I only hope they were fully informed about all of the candidates and issues before making their decision. Fat chance!

I'm sure that Jim Bob gives the kids a list of approved candidates and they all vote the way Daddy tells them to. At least the Duggars are okay with women voting in elections, unlike Steven Anderson, the Pissing Preacher and his nutcase wife Zuzu.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, DangerousMinds said:

They watched someone vote once. That's all you need, right? No matter different election, different questions, etc.

• Love 15
9 hours ago, IntoTheMystic said:

My child. I swear, I'm not raising an evil little boy. He's VERY into superheroes. He eats, sleeps, and breathes them. I was looking at those pictures of Gideon sitting on a blanket alone grinning like his face was gonna go flip top head on us ... and my kid walked by, came back, and said, "Oh my gosh, mama! They're having baby Joker in a movie soon? Is that baby Joker? They found the perfect baby for that role!"

*hangs head in shame* 

:)

Welcome to the snark club little INTOTHEMYSTIC!

• Love 11
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

They watched someone vote once. That's all you need, right? No matter different election, different questions, etc.

Well they saw someone vote behind a curtain. There is the off chance that they're not sure how to actually cast a vote. Might have accidentally voted for the wrong person or spoiled their ballot!

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

My father used to give me a list of approved candidates that I was supposed to vote for. That list was lost as soon as the curtain was pulled. I voted who *I* wanted to vote for, not who he wanted me to vote for. 

Jim Bob stood next to his daughters as they voted on one of the 19 kids and counting episodes. I don’t think Joy was old enough to vote. I think it was just the oldest 4. 

• Love 2
On 10/26/2018 at 3:06 PM, Albanyguy said:

I'm sure that Jim Bob gives the kids a list of approved candidates and they all vote the way Daddy tells them to. At least the Duggars are okay with women voting in elections, unlike Steven Anderson, the Pissing Preacher and his nutcase wife Zuzu.

I would not go as far as to say JB gives them a list. They have simply been programmed from birth and like bots do as programmed.

Edited by SMama
Bush is not birth.
  • Love 4

As someone who worked the polls at at least 10 elections both presidential and not, you'd be surprised as the amount of men who stand there with their adult kids drilling into their heads who they should vote for. They stand there in line, while signing in, and waiting until they all finish voting, to demand answers that yes, they did vote for dad's picks. We weren't supposed to say anything, but all bets were off if dad tried to get close to the voting machine. And since the majority of poll workers were 80 year old women, they had NO problem yelling at guys getting too close. 

Joy does really look much better than we've see her look in the past. Glasses really suit her. Giddy always looks, so, well, giddy, in his pics. He's adorably goofy looking right now. but he always looks happy. 

• Love 21

I see Anna is conveniently hiding in the back, I think I know why. So Joy can't even bother to throw on shoes at her birthday celebration? Carlin and Kendra are clean and nicely dressed, they look so out of place in the middle of this bunch.

Is Jana wearing actual skinny jeans under that mustard dress?! 

• Love 16

I agree that Joy looks really good in glasses. 

I'm trying to figure out if the person in the upper left (mauve shirt, next to Jill) is Anna. It looks enough like her that it's possible, but I don't feel confident for some reason. 

Jana's wearing jeans under a skirt. Shoot, that's closer to wearing pants than Jessa has ever displayed. 

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

I agree that Joy looks really good in glasses. 

I'm trying to figure out if the person in the upper left (mauve shirt, next to Jill) is Anna. It looks enough like her that it's possible, but I don't feel confident for some reason. 

Jana's wearing jeans under a skirt. Shoot, that's closer to wearing pants than Jessa has ever displayed. 

That is Anna in the back corner for sure. 

What the ever loving hell is Jana wearing? It's like she is wearing 2 different outfits at once. I'm glad to see she's wearing skinny jeans and tennis shoes, but the dress is just so puzzling. 

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

It is Anna, her face is fuller.

• Love 4

Jana and Jill are wearing the Duggar's favorite color: mustard.  Jana's outfit would be nice if she lost the mustard dress, but an unmarried Duggar girl must not appear in public without a skirt.  Kendra seems to have a petticoat on, but the green is nice on her. I try not to snark too much on the clothes, so the mustard dress is the only thing I would lose. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, MunichNark said:

That's not Anna at all. WHAT is Jana wearing??? Jeans and a dress??

I think that IS Anna. (That’s her nose for sure) Anna with weight gain (both fat and water weight). She’s likely pregnant. 

• Love 6