Type keyword(s) to search

Joy and Austin: This One Time At Family Camp

• Start Topic

If my birthday party involved 6 infants, I would just say cancel the damn thing. And go out to lunch with one childless friend ( better adult to kid ratio).

I recently attended 2 baby showers. One with my daughter and one without. ( she was born in June). I had 900 times more fun at the baby shower that I didn't have my daughter. I'm sure most moms agree that it is much easier to enjoy yourself when you aren't tending to an infant. Austin couldn't tear himself away or enlist a Grandma to watch Gideon for an after noon??? Poor Joy.

Also- WTF is with Jana's outfit. She looks like a 6th grader

I do think that could be Anna in the back, either she really gained some weight or is pregnant.

• Love 12
7 hours ago, Fostersmom said:

As someone who worked the polls at at least 10 elections both presidential and not, you'd be surprised as the amount of men who stand there with their adult kids drilling into their heads who they should vote for. They stand there in line, while signing in, and waiting until they all finish voting, to demand answers that yes, they did vote for dad's picks. We weren't supposed to say anything, but all bets were off if dad tried to get close to the voting machine. And since the majority of poll workers were 80 year old women, they had NO problem yelling at guys getting too close. 

Joy does really look much better than we've see her look in the past. Glasses really suit her. Giddy always looks, so, well, giddy, in his pics. He's adorably goofy looking right now. but he always looks happy. 

Funny how it’s always men trying to control their families’ votes.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, FakeJoshDuggar said:

Yup, that’s Anna. I wonder when we can expect an announcement. Her face only gets that full when she’s pregnant. 

So this will make six?  How many think she'll have a double digit number of kids, before she's done?

How unfortunate.  Sad every which way.

• Love 5

Look at how cute Kendra looks in her modest green dress with a hint of white petticoat and cute little canvas slip-ons. Huh, and then look at Joy in that ugly skirt and ill-fitting shirt, and no shoes. Oh, and look at Jessa in an ugly jean skirt, and an ill-fitting shirt, and ugly shoes. Oh, and there's Jana in WHAT THE HELL IS THAT JANA?

They're in a room full of people who prove that you don't have to look like you dressed out of the rag bag to looks modest, and they just can't do it.

• Love 18
4 minutes ago, FakeJoshDuggar said:

Back row. Far left. 

I just.... I don't know....that doesn't look like her to me at ALL.

That's it..I've lost my mind,I guess. (wouldn't be the first time) ?

Screenshot_20181027-165816.jpg

Edited by ChiCricket
  • Love 20
2 hours ago, MunichNark said:

That's not Anna at all. WHAT is Jana wearing??? Jeans and a dress??

I wasn't sure at first either but I am nearly 100% it is her.  She has gained weight and is wearing darker eyeliner/brows it seems.  But totally her.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

So this will make six?  How many think she'll have a double digit number of kids, before she's done?

How unfortunate.  Sad every which way.

What is unfortunate is she has to deal with that pig on top of her breathing fried chicken sandwich breath on her face whenever he feels the urge.  I do not feel sad for her at all.  She had the opportunity to leave with somewhere to go and she didn't.  

• Love 12
8 minutes ago, awaken said:

That does look like Anna to me (in jeans?!?!) but the dark haired baby doesn’t seem like her youngest. 

The dark haired baby is being held by the woman in front of her, and she is the one wearing the jeans, too. The woman-who-might-be-Anna appears to be wearing a dark, knee-length skirt.

Edited by dargosmydaddy
  • Love 11
5 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Who's the gorgeous girl with the flower dress sitting next to Joy? I'm surprised one of the Duggar boys is not trying to "court" her! 

That's Carlin Bates. She's already engaged, as well as hella... well, I was going to say "obnoxious," but I'll go with "loud." I don't think I'd wish her on a Duggar boy.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, ChiCricket said:

I just.... I don't know....that doesn't look like her to me at ALL.

That's it..I've lost my mind,I guess. (wouldn't be the first time) ?

Screenshot_20181027-165816.jpg

That’s definitely Anna, and those eyebrows are awful.  Lay off the eyebrow pencil, my dear.

• Love 7
47 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Who's the gorgeous girl with the flower dress sitting next to Joy? I'm surprised one of the Duggar boys is not trying to "court" her! 

Carlin is Joy's "BFF" and was one of her bridesmaids. She posted a picture of Joy and Jana shopping at David's bridal, so I guess they're her bridesmaids.Screenshot_20181027-165212-540x960.png.0b6507279281017a1e055c349e3bf497.png

I can't believe people don't recognize that woman as Anna. I noticed her right away because she looked different from the weight gain.

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, Lunera said:

Carlin is Joy's "BFF" and was one of her bridesmaids. She posted a picture of Joy and Jana shopping at David's bridal, so I guess they're her bridesmaids.Screenshot_20181027-165212-540x960.png.0b6507279281017a1e055c349e3bf497.png

I can't believe people don't recognize that woman as Anna. I noticed her right away because she looked different from the weight gain.

Joy's hair is bouncy and CLEAN!

• Love 2
3 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Why is Joy barefoot? She looks silly.

I know it's probably just me and my tendency to both go barefoot whenever I can and to find anything outside of the face completely peripheral. but after going back and forth to that photo six or seven times as various comments were made, I still had not noticed Joy's bare feet until  this umpteenth post brought it up. 

That's why I have a really hard time snarking on clothes/fashion...Between personal style and natural inclination to either focus on specific details such as footwear or the lack of it, it makes more or less zero difference to me what, if anything, someone has on their feet in any particular photo.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, dargosmydaddy said:

That's Carlin Bates. She's already engaged, as well as hella... well, I was going to say "obnoxious," but I'll go with "loud." I don't think I'd wish her on a Duggar boy.

Oh, lol. Thanks. Don't remember ever seeing her. 

4 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I think that IS Anna. (That’s her nose for sure) Anna with weight gain (both fat and water weight). She’s likely pregnant. 

Anna said less than two months ago on social media that she was NOT pregnant, just "overdue for a diet" (her own words). I thought she might be, because she was wearing a dress she also wore while pregnant. (In Touch magazine confirmed it was the same dress.)  However since she admits she has been gaining weight without being pregnant; it's not really a sign that she is. 

(As someone who has some weight issues, I try not to judge people on that issue.)

• Love 11

Ok guys. I'm moving myself over to the Anna table.  I was really on the fence about it but after looking at the blown up pictures, I thought she was wearing the earrings the Duggar gals favor & thought I've seen her in that shirt before. (I only remember it because I have a similar colored one that I love.) 

Poor Jana, another wedding that's not hers. I thought I read that David's Bridal was having troubles.  Hopefully Carlin is buying one off the rack or maybe Davids is doing a cash & carry thing. Remember they have Michael & Jana, the seamstresses who always seem to be at the ready for alterations.  At least it's a change from Miss Renee or whatever her name is. I'm getting tired of her dresses.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Barb23 said:

Ok guys. I'm moving myself over to the Anna table.  I was really on the fence about it but after looking at the blown up pictures, I thought she was wearing the earrings the Duggar gals favor & thought I've seen her in that shirt before. (I only remember it because I have a similar colored one that I love.) 

Poor Jana, another wedding that's not hers. I thought I read that David's Bridal was having troubles.  Hopefully Carlin is buying one off the rack or maybe Davids is doing a cash & carry thing. Remember they have Michael & Jana, the seamstresses who always seem to be at the ready for alterations.  At least it's a change from Miss Renee or whatever her name is. I'm getting tired of her dresses.

I think they just took the picture as a gag. Carlin wouldn't be dress shopping without her own family. I'm sure she'll use what's-her-face in KY. 

Edited by Sew Sumi