Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

t'll also be interesting to see if they start attending a different church than the "home church" that they go to now, where Jim Bob serves as the minister, although hopefully he's not the only one who is. We don't see much about their home church on their tv show, and I kind of wonder why not.

D&J occasionally go to Cross Church. I'm not sure how frequently. I think they keep the homechurch of the DL so that they have a veneer of credibility. Like low-information viewers will just assume they go to a church somewhere, and the show occasionally shows the Duggars at real churches, so they look more normal. Do the Bates show the church Gill started? I'm sure Jim Bob sermon's are terrible.

And mom and baby are both doing "wonderful." SMH. Adjectives and adverbs are not the same thing, Duggar-Dullards.

The one that makes me squeege is "Oh, he's doing real good..." Nails on a chalkboard - awful.

• Love 5

To be honest, I'm not at all interested in anything JB has to say theologically, and given how political so many churches are today, I'm all in favor of keeping all of that off of the air.

From what I understand, the Duggars have their own church. No one thinks otherwise. I don't even think they pretend to attend other churches for respectability. But others in their circuit do attend other churches, and I thought Jill and Derick were pretty regular at Cross Church.

I just saw another pic of the new baby (a People mag exclusive, of course. Man, I hate these famewhores! Anyway...) and his little face is beat all to hell. There are what looks like forcep marks all over that baby's face. Does anyone know WTH happened during this labor/delivery, because whatever it was certainly didn't leave that poor baby unscathed.

I'm dragging my snark into this thread too..lol

I'm very happy that baby is healthy and so is Mom but my wish for Jill right now and her stunned hubby is that someday they are in a hospital far far from home undergoing medical treatment and Izzy decides to go to a Snoop Dogg concert and get wasted instead of visiting them. Children learn what they see.

Who is this "Izzy" that y'all are referring to?

I don't even think they pretend to attend other churches for respectability.

They went to friendly chapel in Little Rock for a few episodes, and have done similar at other churches.

And msburg, I never heard of anybody's tailbone being broken during delivery, until it happened to my daughter.  I can sympathize with you, because I know how uncomfortable she was.

My first child broke my tailbone during a precipitous delivery. The c-section I had with the second was a million times better!

I absolutely can not see Jessa giving birth on television.  I think she will opt for privacy.

In the TMI department - I'm going to say that if Jill had to choose between a forceps or a c-section, she's take the forceps. A c-section would impact future pregnancies and deliveries. A forceps delivery would just beat her up pretty badly. I've only known of one other birth of a baby that big where they used forceps and I genuinely believed they should have done a c-section, but in this case it was a Medicaid case and I've always believed it was a situation of not wanting to take the time and money. That mother was ripped up pretty badly, and that can have long term consequences, but it won't be about fertility. Let's put it that way.

• Love 1

Does MEE-chelle even realize how this makes her look? Her older daughters have genuine relationships with their buddy groups, but none of them have the same closeness with their own mother. It's quite obvious. It comes across on the TV screen.  She looks like an outsider with her own kids.

I think Michelle is too far gone to have any introspection at all. She's still believing that she's Mother of the Year...each and every year. <gagging>
  • Love 1

Wow. I had a life today and just remembered to check in. Congrats to the Dillard family! So happy for health and happiness. Love the family photo of the three of them with RickJamesBitch! yawning. Adorable.

I didn't realize they still did forceps deliveries. I have friends in med school and residency who tell me it isn't really taught anymore the way it used to be; and because it isn't taught, drs. today consider it dangerous and opt for the C-section if it comes to that.

Though I'm guessing that's just young doctors -- if she had anyone over age 40 or 45 delivering, they'd know how to do it. I agree with those who say she'd opt for forceps over a c section in a heartbeat. I mean she likely already feels like they had to "compromise" by going to a hospital; and being all into midwifery -- she probably believes that hospitals just push unnecessary surgeries on you because it's easier for them. So I can see her holding firm on -- I'll deliver in a hospital but no c section.

And the other reason would be number of kids. I believe most doctors say no more than 3 or 4 c sections max; and there's never a guarantee that you'll be able to VBAC. I still believe they want 10+ kids (though she may be re-thinking this a little bit tonight as she is thinking about what she's gone through) -- I can see her in that moment saying -- babe a C-section means 4 kids max, no, totally no.

I think Derick is about to age FAST just like Josh. You can tell Josh is SO over the baby train. He has been saying since his wedding day "as many as God gives us, and if that is only 2-3, that's fine." And he looks at Anna horrified when she says "4 is a good START." I think Derick is on the same train as Josh. I think he will be an involved Dad just like Josh, but when Israel is 4 and already has 2 other siblings and his mom is still talking about more blessings -- it will start to take a toll mentally and financially.

And I don't think Derick is getting any action for a good long while. I sincerely hope Jill did not forego an epi when birthing a child the size of a 2 month old, but in an event the healing down there is going to take time. Maybe now Jill will understand why it's better to induce than go 2 weeks over.

• Love 7
(edited)

I rather think that Jill has forgotten about the discomfort and pain in her delight over the baby.

I also am sure she will never admit that left up to God, both she and the baby would be with Jesus now.

Edited by Micks Picks
  • Love 3

Okay, this is what I think happened: She looks like she's been crying, and she made mention of a Bible verse, something about "don't make your own plans, because God will make them for you". She said that verse is helping her accept that things didn't go the way she planned. (that is not verbatim). The baby's face is also all marked up. I saw on the Duggar Family site that she did have a C-section, and I think they had to use forceps to pull him out of the womb during the section. I also think the reason Jill was crying (if, in fact, she was crying) is because she now knows that she probably won't be able to have 20 kids. Of course all of this is JMO!

I rather think that Jill has forgotten about the discomfort and pain in her delight over the baby.

I also am sure she will never admit that left up to God, both she and the baby would be with Jesus now.

Micks Picks, what do you mean by "...left up to God, both she and the baby would be with Jesus now"?
  • Love 3

Forceps are almost never used in a c-section. Yes, it can happen, but it's almost always when either 1) there have been multiple c-sections and the walls have thickened from scarring or 2) we are talking about maternal obesity. It's very unlikely forceps would have been needed in Jill's case had she needed a c-section.

• Love 2

I'm glad they had a healthy baby & that mom & baby are fine. He's a handsome fellow! In that photo of him in the isolette with Derick looking on, that baby looks huge!

I don't love the name Israel- I like the name Isaiah if they were going for a biblical name. But at least it's not a made up name or has creative spelling (looking at you, Mackenzie).

I had to laugh at the JILL headband. As if to say "those of you that don't watch the show regularly, I'm JILL that just gave birth, in case you get us Duggars mixed up".

• Love 6

Well, unless you watch the show regularly, it would be confusing with all these J-named people running around. I vote for personalized headbands for everyone! Maybe baseball caps for the boys, in keeping with the strict gender differences for clothing.

• Love 6

That's nice that Dan got to hold his nephew after work -- I'm assuming given the tie.

By how she looks -- if she had a C-section, I think she labored for a LONG time before it. Her eyes look totally exhausted and her voice is shot. He was born in the 11 pm hour yesterday but it looks like she did not sleep the night -- so I wouldn't be surprised if she had been in labor since Sunday morning, awake all day, awake all through Sunday night, laboring all day Monday into Monday night when the doctors finally said -- this is getting too dangerous, C-section. It would explain the eyes and the voice if she was screaming through contractions for a day or two. Though I don't know -- the baby's face has some definite spots etc. so maybe it was a forceps delivery.

If she did have a c section delivery, I completely expect we'll see tears and prayer and "this is God's will" talk on their VSE. Any normal mom takes the view of -- let's get this kid out with me and the kid both being safe. With Jill I fully expect her thinking and praying not just about THIS kid but the rest of the family she has dreamed of; so I can see her thinking -- what if this c section results in me always needing c sections, OMG that'll only be 4 kids. Normal moms definitely have a few moments (or even months or years) of -- never again -- once they experience childbirth; I mean of course it goes away or there would never be 2nd kids, but in the throes of childbirth, no woman besides a fundie one is thinking about how many times she gets to do this again.

And they are such publicity whores, it's sick. I'm sorry but there is no way that Derick just happened to be in an IDF t-shirt and that's just what got photographed. No way. That t shirt was carefully packed in Jill's maternity bag so that Derick would be able to change into it just before Israel's first photo shoot.

• Love 8

I have cousins named Ignacio (Ignatius) just another I name for them.

Ignatius is very closely associated with Catholicism -- Ignatius Loyola, founder of the Jesuits -- seems like an unlikely choice for the Duggars. But then I'd never have guessed Israel, so. :-)

• Love 1

Okay, this is what I think happened: She looks like she's been crying, and she made mention of a Bible verse, something about "don't make your own plans, because God will make them for you". She said that verse is helping her accept that things didn't go the way she planned. (that is not verbatim). The baby's face is also all marked up. I saw on the Duggar Family site that she did have a C-section, and I think they had to use forceps to pull him out of the womb during the section. I also think the reason Jill was crying (if, in fact, she was crying) is because she now knows that she probably won't be able to have 20 kids. Of course all of this is JMO!

Micks Picks, what do you mean by "...left up to God, both she and the baby would be with Jesus now"?

Jill has been taught all her life that if you do everything mommy and daddy tells you, you will be rewarded and things will go your way. Baby Dilly birth made Jill realize even if you do everything right, things aren't going to go your way.

That's nice that Dan got to hold his nephew after work -- I'm assuming given the tie.

By how she looks -- if she had a C-section, I think she labored for a LONG time before it. Her eyes look totally exhausted and her voice is shot. He was born in the 11 pm hour yesterday but it looks like she did not sleep the night -- so I wouldn't be surprised if she had been in labor since Sunday morning, awake all day, awake all through Sunday night, laboring all day Monday into Monday night when the doctors finally said -- this is getting too dangerous, C-section. It would explain the eyes and the voice if she was screaming through contractions for a day or two. Though I don't know -- the baby's face has some definite spots etc. so maybe it was a forceps delivery.

If she did have a c section delivery, I completely expect we'll see tears and prayer and "this is God's will" talk on their VSE. Any normal mom takes the view of -- let's get this kid out with me and the kid both being safe. With Jill I fully expect her thinking and praying not just about THIS kid but the rest of the family she has dreamed of; so I can see her thinking -- what if this c section results in me always needing c sections, OMG that'll only be 4 kids. Normal moms definitely have a few moments (or even months or years) of -- never again -- once they experience childbirth; I mean of course it goes away or there would never be 2nd kids, but in the throes of childbirth, no woman besides a fundie one is thinking about how many times she gets to do this again.

And they are such publicity whores, it's sick. I'm sorry but there is no way that Derick just happened to be in an IDF t-shirt and that's just what got photographed. No way. That t shirt was carefully packed in Jill's maternity bag so that Derick would be able to change into it just before Israel's first photo shoot.

I wonder since Jill has had the experience of childbirth and pregnancy has her views changed. I mean she did she her mother birth her siblings but it's different when you're going through that experience. Now Derrick has to wait 40 days for some nooky.

• Love 2

From Dan's IG.

11085084_815968238471358_1230095702_n.jp

I made a comment before about how Derick doesn't look exceptionally healthy or sturdy, and seeing this picture of Dan cements it for me. They look so much alike, but Dan just looks so much happier (not saying Derick isn't happy to be a dad, just in general) and healthier. I can't explain it, just something about the look in his eye. I'm glad Cathy has him!

• Love 3

Jill has been taught all her life that if you do everything mommy and daddy tells you, you will be rewarded and things will go your way. Baby Dilly birth made Jill realize even if you do everything right, things aren't going to go your way.

I wonder since Jill has had the experience of childbirth and pregnancy has her views changed. I mean she did she her mother birth her siblings but it's different when you're going through that experience. Now Derrick has to wait 40 days for some nooky.

It's one of those tough lessons of growing up that Mommy and Daddy don't actually know everything, and sometimes you might actually know more than they do. Jill has probably never had an experience before where listening to Jchelle and Boob's "wise counsel" has ended poorly. Not yet, anyway.

• Love 4

If it was a c-section, he would probably be waiting that long even without the Gothard rules. Ouch.

• Love 2

And the other reason would be number of kids. I believe most doctors say no more than 3 or 4 c sections max; and there's never a guarantee that you'll be able to VBAC. I still believe they want 10+ kids (though she may be re-thinking this a little bit tonight as she is thinking about what she's gone through) -- I can see her in that moment saying -- babe a C-section means 4 kids max, no, totally no.

I hope Derrick & Jill see this delivery as a sign that God does not want them to have 10+ kids!

• Love 1

I hope Derrick & Jill see this delivery as a sign that God does not want them to have 10+ kids!

It only counts as a sign from God if it's exactly what they wanted in the first place. Everything that counters what they want is an obstacle or temptation from the devil.

• Love 10

Ignatius is very closely associated with Catholicism -- Ignatius Loyola, founder of the Jesuits -- seems like an unlikely choice for the Duggars. But then I'd never have guessed Israel, so. :-)

*Giggle* yes I know! I was throwing it out there since they hate Catholics.

• Love 1

Of course I am happy for Jill that she has a healthy baby that she very much wanted. I'm glad the baby did not have to go to the NICU and I really hope his development is typical.

I am also very sad for her. Because she would have had a much, much higher chance of avoiding a C-Section if she had induced at 39-41 weeks. Now she will have to reconsider her plans for future children. It's true that her mother had many successful pregnancies and births after a C/S (I think 12?), but Michelle Duggar is an outlier. It's unlikely that any of her children will have as many successful pregnancies and births as she did - it's a matter of regression to the mean. I had an emergency C/S with my 5th pregnancy and we wanted more than 2-3 more children. I was devastated that my daughter might not have any sisters. I went on to have 3 more children by 2 C/S (I have 2 sets of twins - that's why I originally started watching this mess lol). By #9 I was happy to be done, especially since I had 2 more girls and realized how much harder they are than boys. Most of us with large families truly wanted each and every one. I respect everyone's family planning choices, even if i strongly disagree with their parenting choices. 

I feel that Jill is the victim of her lack of education and opportunity. A midwife distance-learning program that only requires attending 40 births is a joke compared to the requirements to be a CNM (Certified Nurse Midwife) or an OB. The lay midwife who trained her is not someone I'd let touch me with a 10-foot pole. I don't think Jill has the critical thinking skills (through no fault of her own) to do accurate assessments of risk and she's paying for that. 

• Love 10

Many people have commented here that they find the name "Israel" strange for a Christian family to use, but it didn't surprise me at all when I heard that was the name. Israel David is not only them saying, "Look how holy and devout we are," but more importantly it screams "look what perfect paragons of fundamentalism we are." Christian Fundamentalism has a deep and abiding love of the nation of Israel and believes they can do not wrong since they are "God's chosen people."  Honestly I've known Christian fundamentalists who were more Zionist than any Jew I've ever met.  

So, yeah, that name is definitely meant to send a message.  It's a dog whistle to other fundamentalists.

• Love 18

Congrats to Jill and Derick.  Israel is a cutie.

I think Jill's headband is cute too. I mean, she's in a hospital giving birth, not walking in a fashion show. It looks like something a college student would wear to the gym.

• Love 2
(edited)

I think Michelle is too far gone to have any introspection at all. She's still believing that she's Mother of the Year...each and every year. <gagging>

Because she delivered all of them .

From Dan's IG.

11085084_815968238471358_1230095702_n.jp

He looks like a grown up mormon missonary.

Edited by lianau
  • Love 13
(edited)

I think Jill's comment that things didn't go as planned points to a c-section. If that was the case, she needs to swallow her disappointment, accept it, and move on. If it ends up limiting the size of her family, perhaps she'll come to interpret it as a sign that she wasn't meant to have umpteen kids. She might also come to appreciate the unique qualities of the children she does have - unlike her mother who pumped them out and then lost interest.

I hope that Dan and Cathy have enough influence that the baby gets a touch of normal non-Duggar family life -- you know radical things like nursery rhymes, books, team sports, maybe even watching a movie like Frozen. I'd hate to think that his whole life will revolve around Bible verses, hymns, and playing games like hit the cat.

Edited by Hpmec
  • Love 11

I think Jill's comment that things didn't go as planned points to a c-section. If that was the case, she needs to swallow her disappointment, accept it, and move on. If it ends up limiting the size of her family, perhaps she'll come to interpret it as a sign that she wasn't meant to have umpteen kids. She might also come to appreciate the unique qualities of the children she does have - unlike her mother who pumped them out and then lost interest.

I hope that Dan and Cathy have enough influence that the baby gets a touch of normal non-Duggar family life -- you know radical things like nursey rhymes, books, team sports, maybe even watching a movie like Frozen. I'd hate to think that his whole life will revolve around Bible verses, hymns, and playing games like hit the cat.

You mean a normal childhood? One can only hope.

• Love 3
(edited)

I hope they keep having boys so that we never see any D-Slaves

I was thinking this last night. Just watched the video. I think it's the first time I've heard Jill speak and not giggle or talk like a Valley Gurl. Edited by Readalot
  • Love 5

In my family we all resemble cousins, aunts and uncles more - since I was about five I've been hearing how much I look like my oldest girl cousin - so I'm hoping little Israel will look like uncles Josiah or Jeremiah, or even uncle Dan Dillard - or be a male version of his aunts Jana or Joyanna.

Growing up people always thought me and my one cousin were sisters.  And then people also thought her and her other cousin were sisters, however me and her cousin look nothing alike.  It's very interesting sometimes!

Where my daughter delivered, they have a mandatory two hour bonding time right after birth no visitors.  They also have bonding and quiet time in the afternoon with no visitors.  They also have very strict rules on visitor limits and you have to get a plastic card to get in.  I was so thankful because first baby his whole family tried to pile in at once.  I hope the Dillards had some provisions to let them have peace and quiet to bond and to rest. 

I've had two friends deliver at the same hospital here in town (we have a ton) but I was very surprised at how lax they were on the baby floor.  My friends told me what room they were in and I could have easily just walked in to the department no problem or questions asked but I always went and asked the receptionist people what room it was just to be sure.  Never did they question who I was. It just seemed very bizarre to me!

• Love 2

I thought it was sweet of Dan to surprise Cathy...but why buy 2 sets of flowers & balloons? Why not just wait til Derek called with the news and buy the appropriate color then?

When they were first discussing names, I thought they said Sailor for a girl, but I think it was Selah? Either way,I liked it better than Israel.

I ran into church friends from childhood. They named all four of their kids biblical names. And the grandchildren too. The mom was telling me her new granddaughters name and I could not comprehend it. She said is sounds like "sailor". So another bible name for the Dillards.
  • Love 1

I hope I'm posting this on the correct thread.  I really felt a little sad seeing the commercial for the show that Jill and Derick shot from the hospital room.  I mean, was this a contractual obligation that they couldn't get out of?  Are they so desperate for money that they can't even take off  a couple of days after their first child is born?  It boggles the mind that they would be filming a promo for their show within hours of the birth of their child.  Could they be so addicted to fame and social media that they can't let it stay private...at least for a couple of days?  I just find it disturbing.  It's as if nothing is really held in reverence with them, except for showing your arms, thighs or shoulders.....I mean really.  

• Love 13

The sailor name could be Selah.  It's become quite popular even though in the Bible it's a word not a person's name.  

I do hope the hospital has some maternity visiting regulations because we all know the Duggars won't use any common sense at all.  I guess in May we'll have Jim Bob honking on the bus in the driveway 5 minutes after they get home from the hospital.  

• Love 2
(edited)

I hope I'm posting this on the correct thread.  I really felt a little sad seeing the commercial for the show that Jill and Derick shot from the hospital room.  I mean, was this a contractual obligation that they couldn't get out of?  Are they so desperate for money that they can't even take off  a couple of days after their first child is born?  It boggles the mind that they would be filming a promo for their show within hours of the birth of their child.  Could they be so addicted to fame and social media that they can't let it stay private...at least for a couple of days?  I just find it disturbing.  It's as if nothing is really held in reverence with them, except for showing your arms, thighs or shoulders.....I mean really.  

I'm sure they were contractual obligated to do this - Jill hardly looked like she wanted to be on camera. Honestly, they're damned if they do, damned if they don't. Some thought the lack of the announcement meant that TLC was trying to build anticipation and that it was all about playing with the emotions of the audience, but even after the announcement, the Dillards are criticized for doing it. Either way, people were going to take issue with whether there was or wasn't announcement. They can't please everybody.

Edited by trimthatfat
  • Love 8

The sailor name could be Selah.  It's become quite popular even though in the Bible it's a word not a person's name.  

Via Wiki: It is probably either a liturgico-musical mark or an instruction on the reading of the text, something like "stop and listen." Selah can also be used to indicate that there is to be a musical interlude at that point in the Psalm.[1] The Amplified Bible translates selah as "pause, and think of that." It can also be interpreted as a form of underlining in preparation for the next paragraph.

Not the best potential name.

• Love 3

I'm sure they were contractual obligated to do this - Jill hardly looked like she wanted to be on camera. Honestly, they're damned if they do, damned if they don't. Some thought the lack of the announcement meant that TLC was trying to build anticipation and that it was all about playing with the emotions of the audience, but even after the announcement, the Dillards are criticized for doing it. Either way, people were going to take issue with whether there was or wasn't announcement. They can't please everybody.

I see what you're saying but I also think there's a difference between an announcement and a commercial. Along with many here I was eager to hear the baby was born, so I was very glad to see the "Israel is here!" announcements, but a quick press release or even FB post would've been fine. I was honestly really surprised to see a filmed commercial telling me to "tune in" so soon after he was born. You're probably right it was in a contract.

• Love 3

How long before they're taking Israel on the Duggar bus and media tour?

It's interesting that Selah was their girl name. Selah is the group who sings the song "I Will Carry You" that they played at Jubilee's funeral fiasco.

• Love 2

How long before they're taking Israel on the Duggar bus and media tour?

They scheduled Izzy to be at that ALIVE conference in June or July. Hope he gets his vaccinations before hanging out with that crowd.

• Love 7

I see what you're saying but I also think there's a difference between an announcement and a commercial. Along with many here I was eager to hear the baby was born, so I was very glad to see the "Israel is here!" announcements, but a quick press release or even FB post would've been fine. I was honestly really surprised to see a filmed commercial telling me to "tune in" so soon after he was born. You're probably right it was in a contract.

If there wasn't a commercial and there was just a quick statement, it would be dissected to pieces. People would wonder why we aren't see the new mother, if there were complications, etc. I am not a big fan of the Dillards, but I have noticed that they can't win either way. That's all I'm saying.

• Love 7