Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

are boob and mechelle back?  not sure when this vid was taken but i thought mechelle has been 'helping" jill.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=634557726677880&set=vb.510067475793573&type=2&theater&notif_t=notify_me

I didn't watch the vid...I just can't listen to these 2, but did you see the comments? There's a bunch of people saying they like Michelle's fake voice. Ug.....knowing full well it IS fake, apparently she speaks that way because a soft voice is calming to young children, she used to yell at the kids and had issues with her temper, so she started speaking like this.

Shit, I used to yell at my poor son all the time when he was little, but if I started using a baby voice with him, he'd probably think I'd lost it completely. He'd just tune out my yelling anyhow. (He's 17 now, and I haven't had to yell at him in forever. Now I just lecture him. That's probably worse..).

• Love 2

As to the circus that is the Duggar famewhore family....my heart goes out to poor Jill, this BS is probably all she knows. I suspect if she wanted to have the baby without any cameras and crap, her parents would have a shitfit, can't be throwing a monkey wrench into the Duggar 'brand'....how this resembles modesty according to thier religious rule book is beyond me.

I'm glad that she had the baby in a hospital (I'm guessing that they realized at some point that a home birth wasn't happening) and she managed to do ok, and the baby is ok. I was really worried that she would be so hell bent on having that kid at home that she would place her life and the child's life in danger.

The baby looks cute. She looked genuinely happy in the few pics I've seen, and I'm happy for them....I was hoping that the crazy clan would leave them the f alone for at least a few weeks, looks like that isn't going to happen.

Wonder how much money they got for the pics, etc. Poor kid. Welcome to your life in the public eye, little one....Personally, I think TLC should be ashamed of themselves. You'd think they would draw a line somewhere, even if the Duggar famewhore clan cannot...

• Love 3

I'm curious, everyone keeps saying that because Jill had a c-section (assuming she did) she won't be having more than 4-5 kids maximum as opposed to 19, but why is that such a certainty? Do women who have had c-sections become less fertile than women who hasn't had any? A quick google suggests that newer research says they don't, at least not due to the procedure, though the underlying causes may be an issue.

I was under the impression that Michelle had several (4?) c-sections in a row but that she just kept going anyway until her body simply refused due to age. If Jill is as drunk on the kool-aid as she appears to be, would she stop at four or five pregnancies, c-section or no? I'm assuming that a doctor or midwife would heavily discourage a woman who'd gone through a c-section or several to have a huge number of children, but if they were confronted with a pregnant woman who refused to abort for any reason and who wouldn't listen to sense about using birth control of any kind in the future, what would they do? Wash their hands of her and refuse care?

I think Jill will keep going. Michelle had a c section and preeclampsia with JD and Jana. Jill came what 15-18 months later. Then Jessa and Jinger. So if Jill drunk the Kool aid she will be pregnant again in May/June

I have a funny theory regarding the second car. What if Derick offered to purchase a second car and it was JILL who said no because it meant she wouldn't be able to cling to him 24/7 and visit him at work? They have People money, TLC money, Derick's salary and virtually no bills. They could easily afford a small, used car for Jill to drive around town.

• Love 4

The uterine tissue inevitably gets thinner and more fragile each time it's stretched, and c-sections add damage; having any organ sliced open, repeatedly, is unlikely to be beneficial. But -- and this is the reason doctors can sound so militant about it -- eventually if it's too fragile the uterus can rupture, and when that happens the woman bleeds out so fast that she usually can't be saved. When a doc says, "No more kids for you," what s/he means is, "Don't have more children, or you will die." Obviously, how long the uterus holds out varies from woman to woman. But the downside risk, uterine rupture, is so extremely dangerous that it's better to err on the side of caution. Staying alive for your existing children is important, too. I think Derick may be more capable than Jill of taking this on board, and I could see him eventually putting his foot down and insisting on stopping the baby train.

However, I don't think it's accurate that insurance companies can refuse to pay for high-risk pregnancies if the mother has been warned of the risk before getting pregnant. I don't think that would even be legal.

I hope if the doctors tells Jill no more she'll listen. Unlike her mother.

In the quick People video after the article, Derick & Jill said that they are open to adoption because Cathy was adopted. So Jill may get her mega family, csections or not...

Adoption unless through foster care is expensive. There's also a high demand for healthy white babies. I hope Jill and Derrick doesn't adopt because they're both associated with Gothard

He could, but I can't imagine him doing it intentionally. He lives in a house Jim Bob owns, he's making money off the show and he's married to Jilly Muffin, the Princess of People spreads and the ultimate daddy's girl. If he does something to disgrace the empire, Derick has his wife to contend with.

See, this is part of the hypocrisy of JimBoob and the whole Gothard movement re: "work for yourself and not someone else". Both Derick AND Ben are working for JimBoob! They are depending on him for their housing, they work for the whole TLC production. TLC might be cutting the check, but I guarantee JimBoob makes it clear they need to be on board if they want a cut. I think this is one of the ways I respect Josh a bit more now. No, I don't agree with his politics and I still think he is pretty smug at times. But this guy was raised to think he was a special Gothard snowflake and frankly, his parents put a TON of pressure on him to marry early and "pave the way" for his siblings to follow suit. Really, when you think about it- I can see why he would be so smug. He was raised to be! I know he is still working for TLC. But he moved pretty far away from the family and seems to like it this way. He seems to be experiencing the world apart from his father breathing down his neck for every choice he makes. In a way, I think it was pretty brave. I still want to buy him a box of condoms and give his idiotic wife a reality check but hey, that's not really my business.

• Love 3

I can give a pass to Ben. He was only 18 when he first started dating Jessa and 19 when they married.

He was only, what a freshman in college? Way to young to even be thinking about marriage. However, Derick was 25, a college graduate and employed full time at a good job. He could have easily said "Thanks but no thanks". He obviously decided to take the money and everything else he can get. I would guess that Jill said no to a second car.  If they had a second car, she could not cling to hiim 24/7 like she does.  I am  guessing she will be pregnant again by July or August.

I think it took a lot for Josh to move to DC. I also think he has become more independent from JB and JChelle. May his meeting with all different types of people will make him see how crazy his parents are. I think he is really against having a large family after how it was when he was young. He saw it all. Maybe he can get fixed.

Edited by NEGirl
  • Love 2

Just a quick comment on the adult braces - I had regular braces for 2 years when I was a teen, and had no idea that meant retainers for life when I was done (at least in my case) at the time. I had the retainers for years before the dog ate them (I know, I know) and so wasn't that worried about it. It took awhile but my teeth eventually shifted back to being really bad again. I think a lot of people end up surprised by the need for the second round of braces as adults. I can see where having the funds and/or insurance available to do it would be very tempting, especially if you're going to be on TV all the time.

My sister did a round of Invisaline braces a couple of years ago, probably 15 years after her braces were off. I don't know what happened to her retainer. In all honestly I could probably use Invisaline or at least a retainer again. I couldn't wear mine, it made me gag. Too bad my ortho was busying murdering his wife and then killing himself and I couldn't go to anyone to get it fixed. 

I don't know anything about Walmart's insurance, but his dental might cover up to like $500 or $1000 for braces, but it's rare to find one that covers the entire cost, especially for adults. Braces aren't the worst thing to spend money on though, new baby or not. He could have a dental issue that's making it necessary, he could just want them to correct his teeth. If he does, good for him. Between Walmart and TLC, they can afford them, and it's not like they are paying a real mortgage, I doubt they pay JimBob anything. My old college roommate has honestly some of the worst teeth I've ever seen, her parents couldn't afford braces, but she's got a good job, a giant overpriced condo, 3 rooms and it's just her, and can afford European tours. GET SOME BRACES! LOL! Like it or not, we are all judged on our appearance and jacked up teeth will always be a focal point no matter what. 

Yeah, braces are something I'll give a pass on. Our teeth are such a main focal point of our appearance, I can't blame anyone for wanting to have a crooked mouth. I had braces for two years in middle school and it sucked but I'm grateful now as an adult.

Eta: Ooops, I meant "fix" a crooked mouth, lol.

• Love 1

I know. So annoying. One of the websites was discussing how miraculous the birth was, and what a trooper JillyMuffin was. My first two were 10.5 lbs. and 9.2 lbs. respectively (17 mos. apart). They were big (and beautiful), but I didn't feel like I had done anything more heroic than any other woman giving birth. By the way, a previous neighbor of mine had a baby weighing more than 11 pounds. She was a little thing, normal pregnancy with no expectation the baby would be so large. She set all records at the hospital.

Northwest Arkansas has a population of 500,000. There are 4 hospitals that serve the area. She delivered at Mercy in Rogers. Not a tiny hospital but a very crappy hospital. High, high MRSA rate. High post op infection rate. Horrible staff and the CFO was asked to leave a year an a half ago.

My sister did a round of Invisaline braces a couple of years ago, probably 15 years after her braces were off. I don't know what happened to her retainer. In all honestly I could probably use Invisaline or at least a retainer again. I couldn't wear mine, it made me gag. Too bad my ortho was busying murdering his wife and then killing himself and I couldn't go to anyone to get it fixed. 

I don't know anything about Walmart's insurance, but his dental might cover up to like $500 or $1000 for braces, but it's rare to find one that covers the entire cost, especially for adults. Braces aren't the worst thing to spend money on though, new baby or not. He could have a dental issue that's making it necessary, he could just want them to correct his teeth. If he does, good for him. Between Walmart and TLC, they can afford them, and it's not like they are paying a real mortgage, I doubt they pay JimBob anything. My old college roommate has honestly some of the worst teeth I've ever seen, her parents couldn't afford braces, but she's got a good job, a giant overpriced condo, 3 rooms and it's just her, and can afford European tours. GET SOME BRACES! LOL! Like it or not, we are all judged on our appearance and jacked up teeth will always be a focal point no matter what. 

Just some inside info....Wal-Mart has very good insurance for full time employees with a max, one time benefit of $2500. So that will pay for about 1/3 of his treatment. Found it odd he had it scheduled for around this time though. I also think it is more of a vanity thing for Jilly/TLC then himself.

• Love 1

Everyone talks about how great it was for Jessa and Ben to have the extra time to get to know each other before marrying, but driving to and from work and eating lunch together ( extra time) are seen as Jill's neurotic neediness. I don't think that's quite fair. Because that was really a big chunk of the only time they had together before the baby came, and I hope they were able to enjoy it and learn a lot about each other.

• Love 10

They also advise that you wait for another child after a C-section so your uterus can fully heal.

Michelle did not listen to that, if I remember right. She was pregnant quickly after a C-section. One of the little girls on the end...can't remember who.

I'm gonna throw my hat in the ring & wager Jill's pregnant by June.  (Notice I didn't say "they're" pregnant by June!)  Apologies to those of you who say this, but personally, it bugs the HELL outta me. 

• Love 4

I'm gonna throw my hat in the ring & wager Jill's pregnant by June.  (Notice I didn't say "they're" pregnant by June!)  Apologies to those of you who say this, but personally, it bugs the HELL outta me. 

I don't mind people saying we're expecting because they can be, but I'm with you that we're pregnant is irritating.  

I can't decide what I think Jill will do.  I think how the birth went was a bit of a shock to her that she didn't get what she planned and may have gotten pretty much the opposite of what she expected.  That can shake beliefs and preconceived ideas quite a bit.  I think she'll either try to wave it away as a fluke and have another baby soon or she'll be so rattled by it that she'll wait two or three years.  I think part of the decision was how Derick handled the situation.  

Edited by Absolom
  • Love 4

I guess Anna wins. Three homebirths which include giving birth on the toilet. Let's see is Jessa can beat that.

(because you know they all compete with eachother)

Nothing will ever defeat the toilet baby. Maybe Jessa conceived in March, and once she's ready to deliver in December, she and the dashing Binjermin Seewald will go to the Holy Land, and she can give birth in a stable.

• Love 21

Nothing will ever defeat the toilet baby. Maybe Jessa conceived in March, and once she's ready to deliver in December, she and the dashing Binjermin Seewald will go to the Holy Land, and she can give birth in a stable.

OMG!  I almost coughed up a lung I was laughing so hard!  Too, too funny, truelovekiss!!!!!!!  Thanks!

• Love 1

In the quick People video after the article, Derick & Jill said that they are open to adoption because Cathy was adopted. So Jill may get her mega family, csections or not...

IMHO, of course, but something's going on. Interesting that Jilly Muffin and derickdillard would bring out the "we're open to adoption" three days after their son was born when those of us who have heard Gothard's BS take on it previously know this is a lie. This makes me wonder if they have already been told that there will not be the sheer numbers of "precious bundles" she had in mind due to complications or other issues...

• Love 4

I have a funny theory regarding the second car. What if Derick offered to purchase a second car and it was JILL who said no because it meant she wouldn't be able to cling to him 24/7 and visit him at work? They have People money, TLC money, Derick's salary and virtually no bills. They could easily afford a small, used car for Jill to drive around town.

We don't know for sure though that they actually get to see any of that money beyond Derick's paycheck. My assumption is the People/TLC money all goes into a Duggar family pot for JB to dole out at will. I'd be happy to be wrong, but I think he still pretty much controls the purse strings.

• Love 2

Because that was really a big chunk of the only time they had together before the baby came, and I hope they were able to enjoy it and learn a lot about each other.

This is a good point. However, Bin and Jessa seemed more about un-Duggaring Jessa, and Seewalding her a tiny bit. Oh, and also sexual attraction. Jill seems to have used the time to program Derrick-Bot 3000 with Duggar source code. Has she done anything 'freeing' or more liberal since they married?

I think she'll either try to wave it away as a fluke and have another baby soon or she'll be so rattled by it that she'll wait two or three years.  I think part of the decision was how Derick handles the situation.

Jill's gotten a lot of Kudos about having a good birth plan, following all the steps, acting rationally, etc., but I just can't give her a pass if going to the hospital to have a c-section was some huge trauma. After Michelle's past few pregnancy adventures, and the midwifing, you'd think she'd be a little more realistic. It looks to me the the hospital was only briefly considered and mostly dismissed until shit went down.

IMHO, of course, but something's going on. Interesting that Jilly Muffin and derickdillard would bring out the "we're open to adoption"

I agree. They'll also have most of the same issues as Binessa while trying to adopt. I don't see it happening.

• Love 5

IMHO, of course, but something's going on. Interesting that Jilly Muffin and derickdillard would bring out the "we're open to adoption" three days after their son was born when those of us who have heard Gothard's BS take on it previously know this is a lie. This makes me wonder if they have already been told that there will not be the sheer numbers of "precious bundles" she had in mind due to complications or other issues...

That segment of them talking about being open to adoption was filmed months ago when she was still pregnant.  

I hope if the doctors tells Jill no more she'll listen. Unlike her mother.

Adoption unless through foster care is expensive. There's also a high demand for healthy white babies. I hope Jill and Derrick doesn't adopt because they're both associated with Gothard

I hope they'll be disqualified for adoption because they're associated with Gothard. Seriously. Though it's completely possible the adoption agency/organization - whatever - will never become aware of that little tidbit about Jill & Derick. In fact I'm guessing any Dillard adoptions will be entirely private. Maybe even international - psych!

• Love 1

Jessa and Ben can say they'll adopt until they're blue in the face, but we all know it'll never happen.

I'd love to be the proverbial fly on the wall during the home visit and the ensuing financial discussion. (Personal to Bin: "Reality TV star" is probably not a profession that will thrill the social workers tasked with interviewing you, cupcake.) Benessa doesn't seem to understand that their lives would become an open book with any reputable adoption agency. Any state agency most likely won't touch them with the proverbial ten-foot pole either after the recent unpleasantness involving the representative from AK and the three adopted girls he "rehomed" because it wasn't working out, especially since the Duggars and said rep are buddies...

• Love 6

the three adopted girls he "rehomed" because it wasn't working out, especially since the Duggars and said rep are buddies...

Arkansasa passed a law that now prevents rehoming, all due to that case. Binessa and Jill will be stuck with whoever they adopt.

Wasn't Jill excited about going on Missions? I wish Derrick could get another one. I think if they left Arkansas Derrick would suddenly be wearing the pants.

I'd love to be the proverbial fly on the wall during the home visit and the ensuing financial discussion. (Personal to Bin: "Reality TV star" is probably not a profession that will thrill the social workers tasked with interviewing you, cupcake.) Benessa doesn't seem to understand that their lives would become an open book with any reputable adoption agency. Any state agency most likely won't touch them with the proverbial ten-foot pole either after the recent unpleasantness involving the representative from AK and the three adopted girls he "rehomed" because it wasn't working out, especially since the Duggars and said rep are buddies...

Knowing the Duggars, the key phrase here is probably "reputable adoption agency."

• Love 2

Are Jill and derickdillard obsessed or what? A star of David on his instagram? If I were a jewish person, I would be insulted. Either convert or quit going overboard on this stuff already....just shameful, silly and using that child IMO, already.

• Love 13

Everyone talks about how great it was for Jessa and Ben to have the extra time to get to know each other before marrying, but driving to and from work and eating lunch together ( extra time) are seen as Jill's neurotic neediness. I don't think that's quite fair. Because that was really a big chunk of the only time they had together before the baby came, and I hope they were able to enjoy it and learn a lot about each other.

I think it's fair. To me the difference is that Jessa and Ben took - or at least got - the extra time before the wedding. If they had discovered something significant enough to call things off, they could have. Unlikely yes, but at least they weren't already married. Derick and Jill raced through courtship and the engagement seemingly as fast as they possibly could. I see nothing admirable about their choosing to spend every waking moment together after the wedding, especially if they're saying "so we can get to know each other." They're undoubtedly learning things about each other of course. But these are things, for the most part, that would have been far better learned before a lifetime commitment was made. Basically, they're doing research on buying a product, after they've bought it. Um-day.

Edited by Wellfleet
  • Love 7

Maybe Izzy was switched-at-birth with a Jewish baby? Then they can say things didn't go as planned, and justify Derrick's post. They'd be flabbergasted if a child was used for a political cause they disagree with, but it's game on if they like it.

Selah No-dismembership-abortions Duggar Dillard has a nice ring to it. So does Ireland Protestant Dillard.

Edited by JoanArc

Maybe Izzy was switched-at-birth with a Jewish baby? Then they can say things didn't go as planned, and justify Derrick's post. They'd be flabbergasted if a child was used for a political cause they disagree with, but it's game on if they like it.

Selah No-dismembership-abortions Duggar Dillard has a nice ring to it. So does Ireland Protestant Dillard.

I'm sure Solomon It'sAdamAndEveNotAdamAndSteve Dillard isn't too far off in the future.

• Love 8

We don't think Jill needed a hysterectomy, do we?  The thought crossed my mind, and those big circles under her eyes could have been from crying (and/or pushing that big baby til the intervention).   And she is in the hospital for extra days.  What's up with that?  

I don't understand the whole israel name thing. I think it's a beautiful name and I have two cousins with that for middle names. And with the star, I have the star around my house and I'm not Jewish I'm southern baptist.

Confirmation that these two are a couple of assholes. That poor baby.

That picture is offensive and stupid (the baby isn't Jewish!) but I was scrolling through the comments on there, and someone said, "Are they going to a cat wash next week?" I found this to be quite amusing.

• Love 7

The fundie connection with Israel is that the second coming is (again) imminent because of all the signs in the world today. I just saw one the other day: "Obama discredits conversation therapy for homosexuals." Check raptureready.com for more. The temple must be rebuilt in Jerusalem for the second coming to happen for those who think it works that way. Hence, the interest in and financial support for Israel, actively encouraged by Netanyahu for practical reasons. So, Baby Israel David is both a child and a political and religious message in one innocent little package. 

• Love 2