Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

How is Israel anything like Adolf or Benito?

As Wellfleet said, they are all politically charged names. And if someone named their child Adolf or Benito one would at least look for the political agenda or ideology behind it. With Jill and Derick you don't have to look for it very hard, they are proudly displaying it on social media and no one here is saying that they can't, but IMO it's a bit weird to use your first-born to further a political or religious agenda. It's not like the poor kid gets to have a say in it.

ETA: Sorry mods! I posted before I read your notice (that'll teach me to read from the top instead of starting at the bottom), I'll see you Tuesday. ;)

Edited by Vaysh
  • Love 2

How is Israel anything like Adolf or Benito?

They all carry a political connotation, or at least could. Israel probably more so than Adolf or Benito, seeing that for most young people these days, WWII is ancient history.

• Love 1

As Wellfleet said, they are all politically charged names. And if someone named their child Adolf or Benito one would at least look for the political agenda or ideology behind it. With Jill and Derick you don't have to look for it very hard, they are proudly displaying it on social media and no one here is saying that they can't, but IMO it's a bit weird to use your first-born to further a political or religious agenda. It's not like the poor kid gets to have a say in it.

ETA: Sorry mods! I posted before I read your notice (that'll teach me to read from the top instead of starting at the bottom), I'll see you Tuesday. ;)

Yes, I'm sorry too. I wish when the mods post warnings or notes of any kind, they could pop up when you first enter a thread. I keep forgetting to start at the bottom too - not chronological. Plus posts don't always make sense when you read "bottoms-up"  :>)

• Love 1

I noticed that too. There is definitely a drip set in the background, so it seems that she went home on an IV. I'm guessing that this isn't standard protocol following a C-section.

I had a hysterectomy last August, and they sent me home 2 days later with no IV or anything else. My only instruction was not to lift anything over 25 pounds for a few weeks.

Edited to add: I'm another one who,only saw the mod post after posting.

I thought most Christians/jews/etc. Believed in the rapture?? I should probably get out more... I know the rapture is coming but not everyone believes...I hope jill is ok i haven't seen the new pic yet :(

No. Definitely not.

Edited by Rhondinella
  • Love 4

Since Scripture doesn't literally say this, it is surprising it is universally believe by Christian fundamentalists. That said, it's fine with me if that is Jill and Derrick's belief. It isn't the worst belief in the world, that's for sure. I'm fairly certain Jill and Derrick haven't contemplated the implication for Jewish people. 

I'd also like to add that I'm pretty certain that Jill & Derrick have never contemplated what this "the-Jews-need-to-control-Israel-to-get-the-rapture-going" means for the Palestinians.

• Love 10

from dan's IG.  IZ is a chunky cutie.

"It was a great weekend full of weddings and errands, but I'd have to say the highlight was spending some quality time with this guy #Cutie #LoveHim #IsraelDavid #DanielDavid"

11111346_956346197744081_90231970_n.jpg

Edited by abseedee
  • Love 8

The dill pickle onesie is too cute. Glad to see Dan taking a genuine interest in the baby. Hope he remains an important presence and injects a healthy dose of normalcy into the little guy's life.

• Love 5

Waiting for PEOPLE and TLC. It's all in the contract.

I would be pissed if my life was orchestrated by the media

Glad we have Derick's brother to let us know Israel is okay!

Edited by springtime
  • Love 3

Jill being sent home with an IV drip brings a possibility to mind. Perhaps we are all jumping the gun and Jill didn't have a C-section after all? Perhaps she delivered vaginally and had some complications after the birth, such as infection? That would justify the long use of an IV...just a thought.

• Love 1

Whether it was a c-section or some kind of complication,  insurance companies will only pay for a certain number of days in the hospital. I have had family members sent home on IV's and a visiting nurse came daily to take care of them. It's not like it used to be where a person could stay in the hospital until  they were well enough to go home. Now they just want to shove you out ASAP.

Edited by NEGirl
  • Love 4

There is a federal law in place guaranteeing a 4 day stay for a C/S and a 2 day stay for a vaginal birth.  Insurance companies aren't allowed to force you out in less than that.  If Jill stayed longer than 4 days, it might be because she had an infection and needed IV antibiotics.  Or, perhaps the baby was jaundiced or also needed IV antibiotics.  If mom or baby needs to stay on, then the other gets to remain on site as a 'boarder' in most facilities.  If Jill was in the hospital longer than 4 days after giving birth, I suspect that is the reason.  The fact she was there as long as she was makes it almost a certainty she had a cesarean.

• Love 2

Hmmm.....I when my daughter was born, I certainly wasn't allowed to stay on as a boarder, which is why we were grateful she could be released and we left the hospital, literally, at 11:55 at night. My hospital and doctor certainly were willing, but the insurance simply wouldn't sign off. Off course, it didn't help that I had practically stood in the nurses' station the entire time holding her hand while she was under the lights. It was clear to everyone that I was completely fine, and the IV bag shows Jill obviously needed additional care.

New pics of the baby are up on the Dillard blog.  I'd post the link, but it comes up as an error.  sigh.

The one of the baby in sunglasses is, pardon the word, precious.

Edited by DamWrite
  • Love 4

I cannot believe Derick and Jill were barefoot (doctor photo) in a hospital (you can see the picture in the hallway in the discharge photo.) those floors are not sanitary. Perhaps we now know why she had an IV bag and it had nothing to so with the birth at all!!

• Love 6

GEML, I was just coming to say the same thing! Put some shoes on, people! Geez!! Also, the bottom of Jill's skirt must have been dirty by the end of the day. I will cut her some slack though, because if it is a maternity skirt it probably wasn't so low when she needed all that fabric to cover her large belly.

• Love 1

There is a federal law in place guaranteeing a 4 day stay for a C/S and a 2 day stay for a vaginal birth.  Insurance companies aren't allowed to force you out in less than that.  If Jill stayed longer than 4 days, it might be because she had an infection and needed IV antibiotics.  Or, perhaps the baby was jaundiced or also needed IV antibiotics.  If mom or baby needs to stay on, then the other gets to remain on site as a 'boarder' in most facilities.  If Jill was in the hospital longer than 4 days after giving birth, I suspect that is the reason.  The fact she was there as long as she was makes it almost a certainty she had a cesarean.

I'm not certain of the time line. Do we know Jill was in the hospital for four days? 

I cannot believe Derick and Jill were barefoot (doctor photo) in a hospital (you can see the picture in the hallway in the discharge photo.) those floors are not sanitary. Perhaps we now know why she had an IV bag and it had nothing to so with the birth at all!!

It kind of looks like they posed in a hallway or just outside their hospital room. Maybe Derick and Jill were just chilling in bed with their baby and stepped out temporarily for a quick photo? There's another picture of them wearing the same outfits with Jill in a wheelchair and they DO have shoes on there. I don't see the point in being so quick to condemn them for seemingly EVERYTHING they do without knowing all the details. 

I think the photos are super cute. I can see so much of Derick in their baby, I'm not sure where the Jim Bob comparisons are coming from. (maybe I'm just in denial, ha!) I'm curious as to why little Israel is wearing what appears to be mittens. That's the first I've seen it. I can see why it could be to prevent babies from scratching themselves or maybe get their fingers caught in something but is that really such a huge safety concern? 

• Love 4

The last time I was in the hospital the nurse told me I wasn't allowed out of bed without covering on my feet - because of hospital germs and who knows what being spilled on floors.  So no according to her they should have just stepped out of the room barefoot, they should not have been barefoot standing or walking in the hospital.

I think the photos are super cute. I can see so much of Derick in their baby, I'm not sure where the Jim Bob comparisons are coming from. (maybe I'm just in denial, ha!) I'm curious as to why little Israel is wearing what appears to be mittens. That's the first I've seen it. I can see why it could be to prevent babies from scratching themselves or maybe get their fingers caught in something but is that really such a huge safety concern? 

The baby mittens are to keep him from scratching himself. Baby nails are sharp and thin and they don't really have control over their limbs yet. 

Maybe it's the whole not wanting anything touching your skin sensation that some people get when they're sick, but at the hospital where I work, an amazing amount of people try to leave their rooms barefoot, and have to be told by nurses to put their slippers on. Considering Jill is already a barefoot type person, I can see her doing that, but Derrick should have had something on.

I'm curious as to why little Israel is wearing what appears to be mittens. That's the first I've seen it. I can see why it could be to prevent babies from scratching themselves or maybe get their fingers caught in something but is that really such a huge safety concern?

The baby was more than a week overdue, his fingernails are probably long.  Newborns don't have the motor control to avoid scratching themselves when waving their hands about.  They also haven't gotten the 'cause and effect' thought process down so they can't avoid repeatedly doing it.

I work in a Birthing Center and the floors in the public areas are filthy. There is also the distinct possibility that things like needle, surgical staples, and other sharp objects have fallen to the floor unnoticed. Being barefoot in the room is bad enough, but the hallways are traveled by a sea of humanity every day.  We have visitors plop down on the floor to sit in the waiting area while their loved on is in labor and it squicks me out.  I often suggest they get off the floor because it is dirty- we have two waiting areas, there is a large, open atrium with tables and chairs not 100 feet from the smaller, closer waiting area.  The number of people who think that is 'too far' away is boggling.  My advice;go the heck home and do something useful if its taking hours and you're not going to be in the room for the actual birth.

• Love 3

I'm not certain of the time line. Do we know Jill was in the hospital for four days? 

Probably. There were no pics until the weekend (the IV pic in their bed). Four days would have put Jill's release sometime Friday (her 96 hours would have been up just before midnight). 

doodlebug, good to see you back. It's always good to hear the obstetrician 's POV when we're poring over unknown birth details. :D

eta: Forgot to comment on the pic with the MALE doctor. Guys, this unrelated MAN saw the Jilly Muffin (even if he was concentrating on her abdomen)!!!!1111 NIKE!!!!1111 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 6

The last time I was in the hospital the nurse told me I wasn't allowed out of bed without covering on my feet - because of hospital germs and who knows what being spilled on floors.  So no according to her they should have just stepped out of the room barefoot, they should not have been barefoot standing or walking in the hospital.

Whoever took the time to get the hairband with her name on it- should've got a pair of matching footwear! 

The baby was more than a week overdue, his fingernails are probably long

We were friends with the director of nursing when our son arrived so we entrusted him with fingernail trimming...

and my poor little guy got nicked (He's 27 now- I had forgotten about it!)

Edited by springtime
  • Love 1

That is so disgusting that they were in a hospital walking around barefoot. Seriously, Jill is trained as a midlife or whatever she does ...DOESN'T SHE KNOW ABOUT GERMS???

That is so stupid and ignorant...I can't believe it.

Derick is a Dullard. Total Dullard. What husband walks around a hospital barefoot?

• Love 6

Also, she probably didn't wear the skirt much. But geez, Derick. Put on your shoes!!!

Well, as Me-chelle said, they are "barefoot and backyard people" Maybe they're doing some branding here...

• Love 1

My hospital wouldn't let me step foot out of bed without special socks with rubber treads on them. And they changed them twice a day. I was to wear slippers in the nurses's station.

Jill's hospital had MRSA issues not that long ago. EVERY hospital has that as a genuine threat. It's one of the reasons you consider delivering at home in the first place. So why on earth would you turn around and disregard that threat possibility? I'm not criticizing them to be mean - I am NOT someone who thinks the counter stuff in their own homes is a big deal - but BECAUSE I'm someone who genuinely supports home births and the reasons behind them and can't for the life of me understand why you would walk around a hospital (even be in a hospital bed) barefoot!

• Love 3

Just spent a few days with my mother in a hospital and I have a fear of them- the germs at least.  I would touch the buttons on the elevator with my elbow and walk as fast as possible to get to her room.  I washed my hands constantly.  The thought of my feet touching the floor is like nails on chalkboard. 

Grow up Jerick.  It's not cute to abstain from shoes in some places!  (Churches, kitchen countertops and hospital floors!)

Edited by truthtalk2014
  • Love 4

Just spent a few days with my mother in a hospital and I have a fear of them- the germs at least.  I would touch the buttons on the elevator with my elbow and walk as fast as possible to get to her room.  I washed my hands constantly.  The thought of my feet touching the floor is like nails on chalkboard. 

Grow up Jerick.  It's not cute to abstain from shoes in some places!  (Churches, kitchen countertops and hospital floors!)

Something tells me hospital bacteria - any bacteria really - are viewed by the Duggars/Dillards much the same way they view global warming - just theories created by the elite educated class, and spread by the liberal media. Certainly not as scientific truths.

• Love 4

Why the heck would Derick have his shoes off anyway? Was he sleeping or lying on the bed? Just decided to air out?

Jill's barefeet are disgusting, BUT we can hope she was in the bed barefoot and jumped out of bed. Derick? WTF?

Edited by Marigold

Something tells me hospital bacteria - any bacteria really - are viewed by the Duggars/Dillards much the same way they view global warming - just theories created by the elite educated class, and spread by the liberal media. Certainly not as scientific truths.

add pregnancy risks, over population, and undereducation to the theory list.

• Love 3

When I was in the hospital, and all the times my husband was in, you wore the slippers with the tread on the bottom.  Always.  Never saw anyone get away with bare feet.  Germs, you know.  And hospitals get docked for MRSA infections.

[snip]

Edited by Rhondinella
wrong thread

I don't see the point in being so quick to condemn them for seemingly EVERYTHING they do without knowing all the details

I am hardly one who is quick to condemn the Duggars for everything, but let's face it: It's really a bad idea to go barefoot in a hospital. I find it hard to imagine that there was such an urgent need to take that photograph that they could not have put their shoes on--especially Derick, who was not even a patient.

Edited by Lukeysboat
  • Love 4

I'm not one to 'ding' them for everything, especially stuff that doesn't really hurt anyone (i.e. the sunglass picture - I thought it was cute and it's not going to hurt the baby), but the bare feet in the hospital are just nasty plus could potentially hurt the baby. I honestly can't believe the hospital even let them do that. Yuck!

• Love 2