Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

I'm still trying to get over that not ONE picture of Boob and Mullet with the baby or with Jill. Something smells bad.

Was the stink bus out of gas and they don't have the money to fill it that they are not all over the new baby? So beyond strange to me. Anyone else?

Definitely strange, and I don't know whether Jill minds or not, but I'd be beyond thrilled. Lots of quiet time, a chance to really get some sleep and do all the other typical first-time momma things. I'm thinking once she gets home, she'll be inundated with "company." And not terribly-helpful company at that.

• Love 3

Sad as it might be to say, I'm betting there are quite a few women who would love to be Jim Bob's wife. Look at how many people ask Cody Brown to be wife number 5. Most would probably be divorced, with children out of control, who have had money trouble, and they look at the Duggars and they see something that looks like a fantasy life to them. Michelle's life looks really good.

Ewww. The only thing they want is exposure and maybe his money. Other than that what can he offer a real woman.

• Love 1

I'm no fashion model, but just the thought of sexytimes with Jim Boob Duggar is enough to make me lose my will to live. $20 says he still doesn't know where the clitoris is.

He probably doesn't know about female orgsams or that you can try other positions. Bob looks like a two minute man. I wonder if he feels anything different from 26 years ago til now. That vagina has to be loose. Does Michelle does kegals?

Back to Jerick I hope they limit their children. Jill has been so brainwashed that she doesn't realize the bible doesn't say have a bunch of kids u can't care for. I hope baby Dilly is kept far away from his maternal grandparents they're toxic

• Love 1

Boob and JChelle are in Iowa with Mike Huckabee doing some homeschool promotion.  The worst example of homeschoolers I can think of.

Jill may have lucked out on when she delivered ID after all.  

• Love 2

I'm not so sure scouts will be out. I knew some Fundies who did Scouts because they were totally in control of their group and the kids in it. Plus, they saw it as a recruiting tool. My son did both Scouts and Awana, and I don't think they are the same at all, for what it's worth.

I don't think that little one will ever get to play PopWarner or Little Tyke Football. I also don't think he will be permitted to join Scouts. My take on Derick is that his dad's death was a life altering experience and, in grief and need for hope, he turned to religion. Up until his dad's death, there was nothing remotely fundy or isolationist about his life. He went to a public university, participated in sports and extracurricular, and he was living a life like most young men. He dated in high school, from what I understand. Then, his dad dies and his world is flipped upside down. He starts being more involved in Church and decides to go on a mission. He calls up various, high profile IFB men to be prayer partners and starts listening to their sales pitch of biblical principles on courtship giving you the best chance at a stable family and tons of kids...and, "hey! I have this beautiful daughter who is compassionate and nurturing." Of course he drank the KoolAid because that's what people in the desert due. There's comfort in strict rules and a life where your decisions are made for you. He probably found comfort in the strict rules because life without a parent is scary and knowing death can happen so young is frightening. He jumped from his dad's death into college, his mission, courtship, his mom's illness, marriage, and now a family. The poor guy hasn't had time to stop and think about what all this will mean ten years from now when he's faced with the ALERT versus Boy Scout choice. I'm sure he and Jill have talked about how they will raise kids and he probably compromised his own views to line up with Jill's. But, talking about a future family and the choices you will make is all hypothetical- now there's a real child who needs a real education and a real life. We shall see what happens.

I agree -- I really don't think he would have married Jill or at least not rushed into a courtship/marriage with her if his dad was still around. It seems like he was raised in faith but really turned to it after his dad died; bc in his own family -- faith didn't "hold them back" in any way -- public school, sports, working mom etc. was all perfectly fine. Then he suddenly turns to faith in a time of crisis, discovers how a true Christian "should" live -- putting faith before everything else -- and then seeks out a fundie to pray with -- JB. He starts thinking it would be good to have that fundie structure in his own life to focus him on God -- and in order to do that he has to marry a fundie girl, abide by all their rules re courtship, whether he wants to or not. And hence -- in less than 1 yr he's married with a baby. I don't even think he realizes yet how much he has compromised. I just hope Dan and Cathy stay involved with him -- and don't just get pissed off and say whatever, I can't deal with him so I guess I'll see him at holidays only; I don't see Cathy doing that but I could see Dan getting there. Their involvement is the only hope that his kid gets to do normal things as they may encourage -- hey have you taken Israel to see x movie, he'd love it . . . .

• Love 1

Well, I've known a lot of Derick's. And things change when it's your own child. Unless he had a conflict with his father (the way Jim Bob did with his) then few men really just roll over when it's about their children's upbringing. Especially if he has a son with whom he strongly identifies (and given that they will have several, this is likely.). Since he had a stronger than we originally suspected religious upbringing, he won't have as far to backtrack, I suspect, as we think, but I don't think he will just let Jill and Jim Bob call all the shots.

• Love 4

Has she gone home yet? I wonder which J'slave was the taking video in the picture of Jill with baby dilly on her stomach?

I would assume so. Both times I had c-sections on a Fri morning & by Sun afternoon I was going home! And my first pregnancy was twins!

• Love 2

I've known some mainstream guys marry into fundie lite families and they were fine going to church and all with their new wives until the children came along.  All of a sudden they began looking back to their previous ways.  None of the families are still attending fundie lite churches now that they have multiple children.  I think it's a good sign with Derick that they're going to his old church.  It isn't a good sign that they are living in a house that Jim Bob owns.  It may take a few years for Derick to fully see what's happening.

• Love 8

Lack of pictures, save the couple on the Duggar Official facebook page are likely because Jerick sold out to People. Don't forget that they got the birth story; that they also sold out for the pics is an inevitability. Fans will have to wait another week; I know someone with a hardcopy subscription, and she reported that there were no Duggar pics in this week's edition. 

• Love 1
I got mine at 58.  I asked my doctor for it and she said it would be quite expensive at her office (over $200) but that I could get it for about $75 at Walgreen's Pharmacy.

I meant to say CVS Pharmacy, not Walgreens.

Well, I've known a lot of Derick's. And things change when it's your own child. Unless he had a conflict with his father (the way Jim Bob did with his) then few men really just roll over when it's about their children's upbringing. Especially if he has a son with whom he strongly identifies (and given that they will have several, this is likely.). Since he had a stronger than we originally suspected religious upbringing, he won't have as far to backtrack, I suspect, as we think, but I don't think he will just let Jill and Jim Bob call all the shots.

I've seen this too. At some point he will realize how much he is compromising, and that may cause him to do some things the Dillard way rather than the Duggar way. I don't think it'll happen for a while. I doubt he has any experience with babies -- as he even said he'd never seen an u/s before -- so for right now he'll defer to the queen of all babies -- Jill and with that comes the Duggar way. I imagine he's a bit intimidated by handling a newborn, as many (not all) dads are. But when that kid hits 3 or 5, I can then see Derick thinking back to how he was raised. I've seen many guys who were all lovey-dovey, "honey whatever you want" with their wives until the kids came along and even while the kids were babies -- but suddenly when it was time for that kid to develop interests and a personality -- then those same guys were very "I want him to be a representation of MY side of the family." So about 3 yrs from now -- I can see Derick arguing with Jill about sending little Israel to preschool at a local church, rather than just calling running around barefoot and dirty with Josie and crew an education. I can see him trying to put the kid in t-ball or letting him watch a kid TV show or a Disney movie here and there too. It's a process that will take time though.

• Love 3

I think education will eventually be a major conflict between Jill and Derick. Jill is not remotely qualified to teach a child from K-12 and I don't see Derick wanting Israel to be two grade levels behind at 11 the way Jackson is. Jill may have the best of intentions, but you can't teach what you don't know.

• Love 15

Ok now it makes sense why no pics of Boob and Mullett they are in Iowa! Ha! Stumping about homeschooling is more important than their new sweet precious new addition. SO happy for Ms. Cathy that she can have RickJamesBitch all to herself to love on!!

Edited by Fuzzysox
  • Love 4

It's kind of sad for Jill to be honest, but I don't mind them being gone at all. They're favoritism when it comes to Jessa is pretty disgusting. Jill may be annoying at times but she's deserving of the same love and respect from her parents.

• Love 6

It's kind of sad for Jill to be honest, but I don't mind them being gone at all. They're favoritism when it comes to Jessa is pretty disgusting. Jill may be annoying at times but she's deserving of the same love and respect from her parents.

Really? I get the impression Jill is favored over Jessa. Maybe it's just me

• Love 2

Really? I get the impression Jill is favored over Jessa. Maybe it's just me

I always thought, as I've said before, that Jill is daddy's favorite while Jessa is mommy's. In that family, I would probably prefer to be mommy's favorite as I still think Michelle is the driving force behind this crazy train.

• Love 5

Another People article is out.

Either they are reading boards and blogs or Jill came out of the haze as she thanked the hospital personnel.  It sounds like when the article was begun she was still in the hospital.  It sounds more and more like a c-section.

• Love 3

When Derick, 26, had to cut away from dad duty for an orthodontist appointment– where he had braces put on, by the way

Thank you Jesus!

patriarch Jim Bob, 49, gave him a lift and Michelle, 48, stopped by to care for Jill and Israel both. Michelle and Derick have been "tag-teaming" to take care of Jill.

Michelle has been standing there awkwardly, giving out meaningless advice, and talking about her own births.

Though Derick is relatively new at being around children, he is already "doing amazing at being a dad," Jill previously told PEOPLE.

FFS, learn how to speak properly, Jill.

I agree, this is a c-section. I doubt it'll stop Jill from trying infinite pregnancies, just like mama. A uterine rupture is what it'll take.

• Love 6

Yeah, she wouldn't need that much help "as she recovers" at home taking care of a baby if it wasn't a c-section. The article says that Derick and Michelle tag team to care for Jill. Along with the help of Cathy and Jill's siblings.

On a superficial note, I wonder what prompted Derick to get braces as an adult vs when he was a teen? Probably good insurance. I'm glad he's doing it!

• Love 4

I also wonder if the Duggars are paying for it. Anna also had braces after marrying Josh. And it wasn't just basic teeth straightening, as her entire face shape changed, so it was real work done.

I agree, this looks like a C-section. This is a family up and at it hours after a birth. Not that a vaginal birth (especially of that size) shouldn't also get this kind of (forgive me) TLC, but a c-section demands it.

• Love 1

There's no mortgage to pay. Braces aren't cheap, especially if he gets invisalign, like Anna did. He'll be smiling in a lot of published pictures form now on, like it or not, so I can see why he got them. Now it's John David's turn.

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 2

In regards to the boy scout discussion from before, I was thinking, as time goes on and they all rapidly go forth and multiply, if all goes according to JB's plan, there will be more of a sense of "who needs outsiders?" The kids want to be boy scouts? Make Derick the leader for Israel, Marcus, Mike, and all the other boys born in the next couple of years. We've seen Jchelle give her bankruptcy lesson to all of the kids at the SOTDRT, so it's not like they care about what is age appropriate.

• Love 1

This child was born on the 6th and Jill's still in the hospital on the 10th -- definite C-section. I have a number of friends who've had babies in the last few years -- uniformly it's been 2 nights in the hospital. For Jill that would have been Monday night and Tuesday night with her being released Wed. morning; if the hospital/insurance co. gave her a grace period bc he was born 10 min before midnight, that would still be a Thursday morning release.

I wonder if Derick (and Cathy and Dan) are breathing a sigh of relief that it was a C-section early on in their child bearing days. Unless she can successfully VBAC -- which I wouldn't think would be likely if all of their kids are 10 pounders -- they are looking at a family size of 4-5 kids max instead of 12 or 14 or whatever Jill would have wanted.

Does Derick not have a driver's license? Is there some reason Jill has to drive him to work and father in law has to drive him to the orthodontist? And is there SUCH a desperate need for braces that they must be acquired THIS week while his wife is in the hospital? I mean even if it was a pre scheduled appointment, I'm sure most drs' would understand rescheduling bc your wife just gave birth.

• Love 5

Funny how the People article says Michelle has been "tag teaming" with Derick.  Thought she and Jim Bob were in Iowa.  You know they would never cancel a paying engagement to help out at home.  What a load of hogwash.  

• Love 5

I wonder if Derick (and Cathy and Dan) are breathing a sigh of relief that it was a C-section early on in their child bearing days. Unless she can successfully VBAC -- which I wouldn't think would be likely if all of their kids are 10 pounders -- they are looking at a family size of 4-5 kids max instead of 12 or 14 or whatever Jill would have wanted.

I think they would never admit it, but I do think Cathy and Dan are probably secretly happy that they might have less kids. Of course they would never want Jill or Israel to be in danger, but I think Cathy is concerned about her son supporting a mega-family.

I've often wondered about Dan's take on the whole thing. If Derick was a college freshman, Dan would have been in high school when their father died, so after Derick went back to school, it would have just been him and Cathy. Now that Cathy's sick, not only does Derick have obligations to his wife and child, but to his father in law and TLC, leaving Dan (and Cathy's husband) to do most of the visiting and care-taking.

• Love 1

This child was born on the 6th and Jill's still in the hospital on the 10th -- definite C-section. I have a number of friends who've had babies in the last few years -- uniformly it's been 2 nights in the hospital. For Jill that would have been Monday night and Tuesday night with her being released Wed. morning; if the hospital/insurance co. gave her a grace period bc he was born 10 min before midnight, that would still be a Thursday morning release.

Does Derick not have a driver's license? Is there some reason Jill has to drive him to work and father in law has to drive him to the orthodontist? And is there SUCH a desperate need for braces that they must be acquired THIS week while his wife is in the hospital? I mean even if it was a pre scheduled appointment, I'm sure most drs' would understand rescheduling bc your wife just gave birth.

I can give Derick a pass on the braces appointment. He probably scheduled this one a few months ago, expecting that Jill would give birth two or three weeks ago. After his paternity leave is up, he's not going to get a whole lot of vacation time the rest of the year. Especially if he's planning on taking Izzy to a few conferences this summer.

As for the driving thing, he may have been told to have a driver just in case they had to medicate him. I know Jill drives him to work a lot, but I assumed that was a one-car situation.

• Love 2

I can give Derick a pass on the braces appointment. He probably scheduled this one a few months ago, expecting that Jill would give birth two or three weeks ago. After his paternity leave is up, he's not going to get a whole lot of vacation time the rest of the year. Especially if he's planning on taking Izzy to a few conferences this summer.

As for the driving thing, he may have been told to have a driver just in case they had to medicate him. I know Jill drives him to work a lot, but I assumed that was a one-car situation.

In the last interview he said he didn't know if it was night or day and that he was exhausted.  Joking or not, I think it's a good idea that someone drove him rather than take a chance and possibly fall asleep at the wheel.

• Love 3

Well, there might be only one car, but Jill drives him because she can't bear to be separated from her Derick any more than is absolutely necessary. Like every other 14-year old girl with her first crush.

In the last interview he said he didn't know if it was night or day and that he was exhausted.  Joking or not, I think it's a good idea that someone drove him rather than take a chance and possibly fall asleep at the wheel.

Welcome to fatherhood, Derick. And - if Jilly-Muffin gets her way - the next 15-20 sleep-deprived years of your life...

Edited by Wellfleet
  • Love 4

I wonder if Jill would have had a c section had she been induced and delivered at 40 weeks instead of holding Izzy in for another 10'days? I certainly understand the benefit of waiting until your due date but what is the advantage of going so far past your due date? I would have been demanding induction no later than five days past due date.

• Love 4

I wonder if Jill would have had a c section had she been induced and delivered at 40 weeks instead of holding Izzy in for another 10'days? I certainly understand the benefit of waiting until your due date but what is the advantage of going so far past your due date? I would have been demanding induction no later than five days past due date.

Induction would have still put her in the hospital. Jilly was clinging onto the dreams of a homebirth hard.

• Love 2

Induction would have still put her in the hospital. Jilly was clinging onto the dreams of a homebirth hard.

And by doing so quite possibly put the kibosh on beating her mother in the birthing game...... for selfish reasons... She's very lucky baby Izzy was born healthy.

Even still, it seems like a long time to be in the hospital even for a c section. I've never had one but I know after my vaginal deliveries I'm ready to go home about five hours later and they make me stay for what feels like weeks!!!!!!

• Love 4

I don't have a problem with the braces appointment. I sent my husband to work for a few hours each day I was in the hospital after my c-section. I figured I'd rather have his full-time help once I was home and without a nursing staff right there.

• Love 1

Uh, if derickdillard believes that JillyMuffinMama is qualified to actually educate his children, then he is still in preliminary "wedded bliss". Jill's quote that Derick is "doing amazing" at childcare is beyond poor grammar in my opinion. That girl isn't qualified to housetrain a dog. After all, she learned from one of the best ...Jim Bob's "Michelle and I's" amazing English..

So which is it Duggars? Is Michelle out of town with Jim Bob or is she local to Jill's hospital and really helping out..like doing something meaningful there...

Why would Joy, etc. need to take care of Jill if she is still in the hospital? Isn't that the hospital's job? Why does Princess JillyMuffinMama NEED her hair braided? Can't she do that herself?

So, derickdillard is following in the Duggar orthodontic tradition too..the "kids-in-law" seem to straighten their teeth too, like Anna...I don't understand why derickdillard's parents didn't provide him with orthodontics when he was younger? Cathy worked for WalMart, like Derick, I'm sure she had good benefits and his father was a law enforcement officer, also which usually provide good benefits...Methinks, it's a Duggar requirement and Jill pressured him to do so; backed up, of course, by Jim Bob. I'm so disappointed in Derick, he is just fading away from the person he used to be. I don't understand why his mother doesn't have a good talk with him. No mother of sons, like myself, wants to lose her boys to the wife's family completely. Sadly, this seems to be apparently happening to me.

Jill is no slouch, she can be a bossy bitch. I hear the tone of voice she uses to speak to her "little buddies" and it isn't a sweet, loving older sister/mom...it's instructional and pretty cold, IMO. I'm sure she takes out the same demeanor from her back pocket when speaking to derickdillard many times. I believe she fluxuates from the instructional, stern Jill, to the infatuated 14 year old Jill when it comes to derickdillard...

If she is still in the hospital, there is more going on there than just a routine C-section. I think since Izzy was so large, she may have had some internal issues trying to deliver him vaginally, and I also suspect that her incision may be longer than usual; perhaps some of her vitals were also of concern because she waited so long after her due date to be evaluated by an obstetrician. I am very glad that this innocent baby, no matter what his name is, is healthy and well. Jilly needs to be wiser next time and we all know that there WILL be a next time..hopefully not 10 more times.

Derick also has lost weight since the wedding, and he didn't have much to spare then! It is unusual for newlyweds to LOSE weight, don't they usually gain some? I think the pace of this family and trying to keep up with a "real job" is a lot for this guy who seems to be quite mile mannered and although keeps quiet now, somewhere in the future, this volcano WILL blow.

• Love 5

So, derickdillard is following in the Duggar orthodontic tradition too..the "kids-in-law" seem to straighten their teeth too, like Anna...I don't understand why derickdillard's parents didn't provide him with orthodontics when he was younger? Cathy worked for WalMart, like Derick, I'm sure she had good benefits and his father was a law enforcement officer, also which usually provide good benefits...Methinks, it's a Duggar requirement and Jill pressured him to do so; backed up, of course, by Jim Bob. I'm so disappointed in Derick, he is just fading away from the person he used to be. I don't understand why his mother doesn't have a good talk with him. No mother of sons, like myself, wants to lose her boys to the wife's family completely. Sadly, this seems to be apparently happening to me.

Derick and Jill are Dillards in name alone at this point. If it looks like a Duggar, and sounds like a Duggar, it's a Duggar. I'm sure in the initial "counseling" sessions with JB and Mullet, DerickDullard had to swear on a stack of dollar bills that he would never keep Jilly Muffin from the beloved spotlight, and that he would contribute to the empire by whatever means necessary.

• Love 6

Given that both of Derick's parents had solid careers, I'm surprised they never got him braces as a child, especially since some orthodontists will do payment plans. Derick and Anna had some pretty jacked up teeth so I can't say I blame them for wanting to get them fixed.

• Love 1

Has Derick really lost weight since the wedding? I haven't noticed. I noticed how thin he was at the wedding though -- he was swimming in his suit. I think most people do gain weight after a wedding. It's a happy time -- wedding planning is over; "tension" is released for people who didn't have sex until after the wedding; and for people coming from larger families -- they are no longer competing with 18 other siblings for seconds at dinner.

For Derick though -- his mom was ill at the time of the wedding but seems to have improved a lot but of course that is counter balanced these 9 months by the stress of a pregnant wife; impending new fatherhood and not knowing what to expect with that; and Jill and the Duggars constantly weighing in re how this child will be raised, and probably already talking about the NEXT baby -- while he's trying to catch his breath and adjust to being a married man and father.

• Love 2