Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by Scarlett45

The Politics Policy is still in effect- a participant's social media is not a method to circumvent the policy. Further postings of participant's social media discussing politics, political figures, political bodies etc will result in warnings. 

• Start Topic

I guess the C-section question will be answered by how quickly Jill gets out of the hospital. She would be going home tomorrow in most hospitals  if she had a normal uncomplicated vaginal birth. Most C-sections keep you in for at least 3 days sometimes 4-5.

• Love 2

He is adorable but does remind me of JimBoob.  I wonder if we will see the happy couple with Iz tonight, a la Priscilla and David Waller, hours after their child's birth.  

Good Lord, I hope there's no announcement tonight. Maybe next week's episode, since you'd think they would need time to edit the announcement. Jill and Derick both look like they need rest.

• Love 1

My cold snarky heart can't take the cuteness! Jilly Muffin and DerickDullard might get on my nerves, but darn it, did they make a cute baby or what?

All silliness and sass aside, congratulations to Jill and Derick. Their baby is adorable and I'm glad he and Jill are healthy and safe.

1. Yes,  they sure can! Even Josh's kids are too stinking cute.

2. ITA, glad both mother and child are well.

(but I still think these people are assholes for trying to hit that cat)

• Love 5
(edited)

I love to snark on this family as much as anyone, but a new baby is a new baby!  And he is a cute one at that!  (Sorry about your name, dude)

I do find the kids very likable for the most part.  Would have thought the older ones would hold off having kids (since, you know, they have already kind of raised their kids) but wish them happiness all the same!  that first month is tough, Jill!  Derrick strikes me at the type to be a hands on Dad, kool-aid or not.

Edited by shipmate
  • Love 3

I would guess c-section too based on Derek in his scrubs with the baby in a large room and for all the other reasons folks posted. I had a c-section and the clues all match my experience. We will know for sure on May 5th. Can we start a new poll?

I don't like the name, but I'm sure they love it. The baby is already wearing a onesie with his name embroidered across it so I'm guessing they chose the name long ago when they found out they were having a boy.

I'm happy he's here and Jill and the baby are healthy. I was getting worried for her.

• Love 2

Not a massive fan of the name, it comes across as rather political and high-and-mighty.  Plus if they go for themed names, they are making it tough for themselves, either they go full Biblical or start naming after places, both of which are a bit weird IMO.  

But Izzy is their baby and that is what they wanted so I'll keep my snarking to a minimum.  

I'm glad that mum and baby are both well.  

• Love 2
(edited)

If they were going to go with Israel I wish it was a girl. Izzy is not a good nickname for a boy. 

Sorry, I said something insensitive about the name and then thought better of it. 

Edited by mbutterfly
(edited)

Do we think his middle name is in honor of John David, or the biblical David? I suspect the latter.

I don't think Jill  is particularly close to JD (or maybe my dislike of him is influencing my belief in that, lol). If she was going to name him after any brother, it'd be James, and you know Jim Bob would make that all about him. I  thought it was Israel Daniel at first and loved when I thought that Dan had been included.

David Israel flows really beautifully, moreso to me than the reverse.....oh well. If they're happy with it.

Edited by EarlGreyTea
  • Love 1

I can see her trying to get pregnant in hopes of announcing in July to steal Anna's thunder.

Agree - I was thinking Jill will try her darnedest to be pregnant again before her first anniversary. Worst case scenario [for her] by the end of the year.

• Love 3
(edited)

https://youtu.be/42LEp0hR-2g

The new parents!

Fascinating. Thanks for posting. Dying to know what she meant by "not everything went as planned." It could be as simple as not having the home birth they wanted, or maybe other complications. Jill's voice sounds way deeper....must be due to exhaustion, poor thing.

I guess this is the announcement that will air tonight during commercial breaks. I thought TLC might need to edit it, but if it's a home video they might just slap it on TV as it is.

Edited by EarlGreyTea
  • Love 1
(edited)

I've known an Israel for a good 20 years, His mom was a pretty religious Christian( he is not.) He went by "Iggy" most of his youth and then somewhat transitioned to Israel a professional adult. A very fun, goofy guy, I wish baby Isreal a lot of fun and goofyness too

Also there is "Bruddah Iz" ( Isreal Kamakawiwawaole) the Hawaiian musician with one of the worlds sweetest voices. I hope they play some of his music for the baby. He is most famous for his medley of "Somewhere Over the Rainbow " and Wonderful World".

Yes, Bruddah Iz was huge, just listen.

Glad everyone is healthy and safe. Glad to see Jill not doing that raised eyebrow pose. This is what she really looks like. Hope she can get some rest.

Edited by Honeycocoa
  • Love 2
(edited)

I can't believe they were filming a commercial so quickly after the baby was born. Wow.

ETA: I'm happy for them and everything and especially that everyone is healthy, but hearing "stay tuned!" so quickly is just so sad to me.

Edited by NikSac
  • Love 8

That video. Jill Loks beautiful . She sounds happy. She also sounds like she has more energy than her husband. 

Of course she has more energy than Derick. If he had to go through what she just did, he'd either be in intensive care or the morgue right now...

• Love 3
(edited)

Makes me wonder a bit if she had a visit with the midwife who detected there was the start of a problem, or she could have been in labor at home for too long, and the decision was made to go to the hospital.  She should be grateful for the fact that the nurses will shoo out the excess family baggage she brings so she and Derick can have some alone time with their baby.  If she'd birthed at home I'm sure the Howlers would be wading in the birth tub. 

ETA...

See now, the fact that they can shill the upcoming birth show is just sickening to me.  I had thought long ago that maybe it was a good idea Derick marrying one of the girls and other than the sky pilot stuff that he was pretty normal, so he'd have opened a few new experiences for Jill and some of the siblings.  But yeah - after the cat thing and this he's drinking that Duggar Super Sized Country Time Kool Aid.  

I wonder how much they got for pictures of the kid to People.      

Edited by CherryMalotte
  • Love 11

Jill's voice sounds way deeper....must be due to exhaustion, poor thing.

I was thinking that was probably her "real" voice. We know she emulates Jchelle, so when we usually hear her, it's probably Jill's version of the "keep sweet" voice. I doubt that having a "feminine" squeaky, high pitched voice was high on the priority list after the last 24 hours of complications.

• Love 6

Whoever rented that birthing pool is really kicking themselves. It probably cost pretty penny to set up the McMansion for filming. At leas as far as lighting, decor, etc go.

Gee Derrick, you have a birth announcement? I'd never have guessed. I could've done without the commercial, and so could Izzy.

• Love 4

Of course she has more energy than Derick. If he had to go through what she just did, he'd either be in intensive care or the morgue right now...

He really doesn't seem like a very hearty guy, does he? For all we say about the Duggars, as a whole, they look pretty healthy and resilient to me. Derick looks like a strong breeze could do some damage to him.

• Love 2

He really doesn't seem like a very hearty guy, does he? For all we say about the Duggars, as a whole, they look pretty healthy and resilient to me. Derick looks like a strong breeze could do some damage to him.

I can never forgive Smuggar for napping while Anna was in labor and the midwife/Jill/Michelle stayed awake (yeah, other women might be okay with it...I just can't stand Smuggar so that's clouding my judgement). I'll give Derick credit for seeming like the type who would stay awake for Jill's entire labor.

• Love 2

Gee Derrick, you have a birth announcement? I'd never have guessed. I could've done without the commercial, and so could Izzy.

Derick has learned from his life guru, Boob, that it's never too soon to exploit your kids for money. In fact, if IDD doesn't remember a time without cameras, he'll never have to get used to them.

• Love 2

I was thinking that was probably her "real" voice. We know she emulates Jchelle, so when we usually hear her, it's probably Jill's version of the "keep sweet" voice. I doubt that having a "feminine" squeaky, high pitched voice was high on the priority list after the last 24 hours of complications.

I came here to post the same thing! That didn't even sound like Jill! Wow. Glad others noticed it too.

• Love 1

I don't think laboring women care about nails. Usually nurses take off nail polish during prep so they can monitor the color and they are too busy to do an awesome job given they are busy being a nurse... I have had my nail polish taken off during prep for various procedures.

I remember the doctor telling me not to wear any polish before I went in.

Little Israel does look like maybe they did have to use forceps to help deliver him.

To me it looks like he scratched his face.  My children were all born with long nails and if I didn't put mittens or the little gowns with the hand cover, they would end up with scratches.  And, Izzy was two weeks late and probably needed a manicure and nail trim as soon as he got out.  

Hospitals all have different protocols, but if Derick is wearing scrubs I vote C-section too.

I can hear Michelle's new tag line.    Jill......she married Derick, and they had our 4th grandchild Izzy by C-section.......not naturally in the toilet like Anna.

This seriously cracked me up!  

• Love 3
(edited)

Ok - the baby is here. Now what do I do??? LOL

I would suggest begin the countdown for M4, but nobody is really too excited over the newest Smuggar :) (ETA Just kidding, I'm a sap and I get excited over all new babies. Especially excited to see Mack get a sister!)

I guess we start speculating when there will be a Blessa baby? Or Israel's first sibling? Or who is next to court?

Edited by truelovekiss

I'd say it's more like a Jewish person naming their son Christian. :) But, remember, this is the same family that was planning to name a baby Judah Benjamin - perhaps the most Hassidic name you can string together.

Good point. I will die laughing if Josh and Anna ever name a kid Mendel or Menachem.

The nicknames for Israel used by Israeli and American Jews are Sruli (Sroo-lee) and Royi (Row-ee). 

It's also odd to me that DerekDillard is wearing an IDF t-shirt. My husband never wore his to any of my 7 births and we have friends and family who are actually in the IDF. Maybe they had to go quickly and he just grabbed it? Or maybe it really is a political statement. 

IV does not necessarily mean C/S. Many hospitals start IVs in laboring mothers so that they don't have to worry about placing one if the mother does end up in the OR. They also might have needed to deliver antibiotics ASAP for a number of reasons (Jill was febrile, strep B, etc.). I had 3 sections and I held the babies on my stomach - I had bikini line incisions, so it wasn't a problem. It also takes a while for the epidural to wear off and then you get morphine (maybe - I sure did), so there isn't any pain.

• Love 3
(edited)

The nicknames for Israel used by Israeli and American Jews are Sruli (Sroo-lee) and Royi (Row-ee). 

It's also odd to me that DerekDillard is wearing an IDF t-shirt. My husband never wore his to any of my 7 births and we have friends and family who are actually in the IDF. Maybe they had to go quickly and he just grabbed it? Or maybe it really is a political statement. 

I'd bet money on it being a political statement/free publicity. Remember Josh wore that Courageous movie t-shirt when Mackynzie was being born, knowing the birth episode would get tons of attention and publicity.

Edited by EarlGreyTea
  • Love 5
Good point. I will die laughing if Josh and Anna ever name a kid Mendel or Menachem.

Oy vey!  How about Mensch?  And a year from now when Jill parts the waters (and her legs) again we could have Shiksa for a girl! 

• Love 3

Baby Izzy is cute. His name reminds me of a man I work with named Ismael. He's Puerto Rican. We call him Izzy.

Jill really caked on the eyeliner. TBH, Jill looks like a teen mom with her looonng hair and silly headband. She's definitely Michelle's child: 'Look at me! I'm JILL Duggar! See my headband? Yep that's me! I'm sperminated with THE Baby Dill!'

I wonder if she'll cut her hair when baby Izzy is old enough to start pulling on it.

• Love 6

I'm curious because those photos on People looked professional.  Does that mean that they called up People Magazine at midnight and said "Now is the perfect time for a photoshoot"? And did some poor photographer have to haul ass over to the hospital to get photos of Izzy + DerrickDillard + JillyMuffin?

https://youtu.be/42LEp0hR-2g

The new parents!

I sure would not want a camera shoved in my face hours after giving birth. I guess that is the price you pay for the big $$ People and TLC will be paying her.

Jill reminded me of Priscillia Keller in this video, the voice, the pauses. I'm sure motherhood hasn't turned her into Priscillia and it was just having to remember what she could and couldn't say on the video.

• Love 1

Congratulations Dillards! Baby Israel is a very cute little guy!

I had an IV and did not have a c-section. I was in labor for 16 hours and pushed for 3 of those. My whole body was swollen for days after giving birth due to fluid retention from the IV, so maybe Jill is experiencing the same thing. She looks happy and enamored with her baby boy, and that's what's really important here.

I'm not a fan of the name Israel either, but as the saying goes "not my circus, not my monkeys". I'll admit I'm curious what M4 will be named.

• Love 4

If be surprised if general anesthesia was involved. Even a c-section is local most of the time today. But she might have been a little hoarse from laboring, or simply dry from lack of drinking in the hospital setting, or simply tired.

• Love 2

With the kid being named Israel, it's too big of a coincidence that he's wearing an IDF shirt. It was totally planned, for whatever reason.

• Love 9

With the kid being named Israel, it's too big of a coincidence that he's wearing an IDF shirt. It was totally planned, for whatever reason.

Yeah, combined with the big 'Israel' outfit Izzy was wearing. I think the spend a lot of time carefully arranging these messages. The Jill headband still infuriates me.

Maybe d'2 will be Judea No-pizza-at-your-gay-wedding Dillard.

• Love 7