Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

Look at Jill's nails. YUCK they are so dirty looking. Someone should have told her to take that nasty old polish off especially if she was going to be blasted all over the internet with her new baby. JHMO

(edited)

Well, it is about time. Not really loving Israel for a name but I do admit I like it better than Richard. Israel Duggar kind of flows better. Watch JB try to call him that ;) Really surprised at them not using Derick's dad's name, but I do really love that Dan was included. Maybe they're hoping his sanity will rub off on the kid.

EDIT - OOPS! David, not Daniel.

Edited by EarlGreyTea
  • Love 1

I'm glad he was born in the hospital. Jill looks really exhausted but the baby looks great. I think Derrick is kind of in shock, happy but looking sort of out of it. I wish them the best. Now if we can keep Michelle from bringing up all of her past pregnancies during the birth special, I'll be fine with it.

• Love 2

Well, the one thing Duggar spawn tends to have going for it is that they don't leave their compounds. When naming my children one of the criteria was that their name be something I could imagine them being called as a professional adult. Israel just doesn't fit the bill in my opinion. However, Baby Israel will likely never have enough education to be anything other than a professional media whore so Israel as a name is just fine I suppose.

Big baby though. If he wasn't a c section baby I suppose this is even more proof that Jill was meant to birth babies for the rest of her life!

I'm hoping a lot will change in the next 18 years, but if Derick continues guzzling the Kool-aid as he is now, odds are there won't be any business cards that say "Israel Dillars, CPA" or "Israel Dillard, Esq."

• Love 4
(edited)

9lbs 10 oz?  Her sacred hoo-ha is sore today!

Poor Israel... no finding his name on the pre-printed rack at the (thrift) stores.  Jinger will help you through that, buddy!

Edited by shipmate
  • Love 8
(edited)

Congrats to the Dillards! I am so happy for them!! I actually like the name - he can easily switch to David as an adult. It's not a big deal. Jill looks cute - exhausted, but cute!

Edited by trimthatfat
  • Love 1

Look at Jill's nails. YUCK they are so dirty looking. Someone should have told her to take that nasty old polish off especially if she was going to be blasted all over the internet with her new baby. JHMO

Derick is falling down on his job as Princess Jilly Muffin's personal nail technician.

• Love 11

Regarding the name picked for him, there are a lot of names I do not like. But does it matter? Thankfully we have the freedom to name our own children and other people get to live with their choices.

Jill's hair is gorgeous in the photo.

• Love 7

I appreciate that Izzy is yawning in the pic, as if to show that he's already tired of these folks and their circus. I'm happy he's arrived safely, though. I don't care for the name either, but he will always be our little RickJamesBitch! anyway.

• Love 14

I admit, they're pretty dirty looking, but if you were 42 weeks pregnant going to the hospital to get an induction, would you take the time to take off your nail polish? I wouldn't.

• Love 8
(edited)

Israel are you fucking serious. Israel Dillard?

Rolls right off the tongue.  Did Derrick  just  look down at his t-shirt?

Edited by xls
  • Love 5
(edited)

I don't think laboring women care about nails. Usually nurses take off nail polish during prep so they can monitor the color and they are too busy to do an awesome job given they are busy being a nurse... I have had my nail polish taken off during prep for various procedures.

Edited by Jellybeans
  • Love 6

Horrible name. Especially throwing David in.

That Jill headband is ugly. JILL HAD A BABY FIRST AND SHE'S NOT JESSA! WE HAVE A HEADBAND FOR PROOF! Ugh.

Glad to see they used a hospital. Everybody's seen your junk now Jill. Deal. With. It.

Glad he's healthy.

• Love 2
(edited)

Derick is falling down on his job as Princess Jilly Muffin's personal nail technician.

LMAO word!

Maybe I'm just super vain because I try hard to always have my nails look clean and polished. I had twins and I still made sure I looked tidy at the hospital. It ended up that my nurse was one of my former classmates so I'm glad I looked well kept.

Edited by Fuzzysox
  • Love 1
(edited)

Happy for them that he's here and seems healthy. Wow he was big!  I guess that's to be expected when you're practically giving birth to a 2-week old. (ETA: which is not intended at a criticism at all, just a comment related to her being past her due date)

I think Jill looks less surprised in that picture than any pic I've seen of  her since she met Derick. She looks exhausted. I wonder how long she was in labor.

Edited by NikSac
  • Love 1

Rolls right off the tongue.  Did Derrick  just  look down at his t-shirt?

Lol. David Israel Dillard flows way better though imo. I've been noticing this trend of public figures giving their kids names that would flow better if reversed (in my opinion, of course). Israel David, Blue Ivy, Wyatt Isabelle......all sound better to me reversed.

• Love 4

I'm so glad that she made it to a hospital, if that is what she needed! Thank God someone had common sense!

Don't care for the name but whatever. I've heard much worse.

Jill looks amazing and Derick looks tired. Baby Israel is very cute.

BTW, My first son was 9.13 delivered vaginally. It was a very hard delivery and a tough healing.

• Love 1

Congrats to the new family. Whoever called Israel was spot on. 

My midwife story is a great one. In Florida the midwives have hospital privileges. My first child, I solely used a midwife due to insurance and had a great delivery. The second, I had great insurance and chose the doctor that delivered my cousin who was born on my 10th birthday. I had to be induced a week early due to extremely high blood pressure. The doctor lived 2 blocks away. Mind you I was using a different hospital system with my second as I chose the one my doctor said he'd recommend to his daughter if she were pregnant. With neither deliveries did I have an epidural, the thought of that long needle scared the bejeebus out of me. However, after 15 hours of labor, I decided that the pain was unbearable and they should get an anesthesiologist in there stat. They checked me and I was at 5. A few minutes later I recommended they check me again and my son was crowning! No time for the dr to drive 2 blocks (which included several stoplights). So they grabbed the midwife who was prepping a patient across the hall, but not as in urgent need as me, and lo and behold it was the SAME midwife who delivered my daughter almost 7 years before. I had great experience with my midwife and it left me a great tale to tell that both of my kids were unintentionally delivered by the same person. 

Ok, lets take bets: how long will it be before Jessa steals Jill's thunder with a pregnancy announcement? I'm guessing she'll announce this week or next.

Israel to me is a very feminine sounding name, I think it's one of those things where you love it or you hate it. I'm in the latter category because you can't even make a halfway decent nickname out of it. I have a feeling he'll start going by David as he gets older.

• Love 2

I'm not entirely convinced that she did not have a C-section. She still has the IV in her arm it appears, and this is apparently well after the baby has been bathed and dressed, and she has had the opportunity to put on makeup. Here's hoping that however the little one was born, everything went well and recovery will be smooth.

I guess we'll find out when the birth is broadcast in May (or sooner, likely, from People magazine).

• Love 1

"Jill and Derick got married last June and announced their pregnancy in August. Baby Israel was born in the comfort of the Dillard household on April 6" From an In Touch article. I call BS on the baby being born at home. He was born in a hospital.

• Love 4

Welcome to the world, Israel David. I wish you joy and success and all the best that life has to offer, and in your honor I'm taking five minutes off from snarking about your parents. Starting now. :-)

• Love 12

I'm dying to know the deets. Hope they will be forthcoming about them. It does look like Jill is in a hospital bed. Maybe she or baby had complications after the birth.

Not crazy about the name. Maybe they hope he'll bring peace to the Middle East.

I agree she has to have had the baby by now, and I'm stunned the Duggars have been able to keep it quiet.

I don't pretend to know much about TV production, but the lag time on this show is insane. Jessa's going to be ready to deliver by the time they announce her pregnancy.

I'm amazed at the lag time on this program too. Gives me even more respect for the news divisions at the major networks, who can get stories and footage on within minutes.

• Love 1

I like the name.  Maybe, it's due to the cute little character on The Daniel Boone show from my childhood.  I suspect that baby Dilly got his name from some political position though, based on the t-shirt his dad is wearing.  The defense of Israel, the nation, is a big thing with fundies.

• Love 2

I have a feeling that Jill has not delivered and is thinking "God will send the baby when He is ready. Birth is a natural process". While I am religious myself and admire faith, God gave us medical staff/hospitals for a reason. Use common sense.

I really hope Jill and the baby are well.

The silence is kinda weird...

Have to agree. After reading so many OB horror stories here and on various links about what can go wrong, especially with post-term babies, I got a very ominous feeling about the Duggars' recent "radio silence." Seems beyond belief to me that the Duggars could actually keep the birth news secret, if all was well. But I am hoping that's the case - and that I just have an overactive imagination.

I admit, they're pretty dirty looking, but if you were 42 weeks pregnant going to the hospital to get an induction, would you take the time to take off your nail polish? I wouldn't.

Glad the baby arrived safely.

I hate to admit it, but not only did I have a mani/pedi before each baby, but a bikini wax and blowout as well.

• Love 4

Cute baby, happy parents, looks like a hospital delivery.  

Not a fan of the name, but I must confess I gave my son an "I" name too.  Not biblical but Scottish. 

Not a lot of I names for boys-I can can only think of Isaac, Isaiah, and Ian.  

Igor and Ichabod I guess...

Hope they do not do the I thing for all the kiddos.

Israel are you fucking serious. Israel Dillard?

Yeah, "Izzy Dillard." The kids at school are going to have a field day with this name.  Wait - what am I saying - kids at school??? Duh.

• Love 2

Israel David...not my cup of tea but what a cutie!

I thought they were going with family names but maybe they changed their minds? Maybe John David is secretly Jill's favorite sibling!

I think he was one of DerickDullard's groomsmen right? Even if hs isn't her fave, I'm sure he's going to make some awkward mumbling joke about how the Chosen One was named after him.

• Love 2

Is it wrong that since I saw someone call him Izzy, I just want to call him Iz Khalifa? It's a bit of a stretch with nicknaming, but I'm feeling it.

Long time lurker here but my first thought is that I wanted to call him Izzy Stradlin after the former Guns n Roses guitarist.

• Love 2

Congratulations to Jill and Derick.  Israel Star of David Dillard is very cute and unconcerned about the People photogs.  Jilly is wearing her hospital gown so maybe she did have a C-section, they wouldn't let me change out for a day or so.  

• Love 1