Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by Scarlett45

The Politics Policy is still in effect- a participant's social media is not a method to circumvent the policy. Further postings of participant's social media discussing politics, political figures, political bodies etc will result in warnings. 

• Start Topic

I don't like the first name either.  However, it does kind of fit them. Congrads to Jill & Derek and I am  happy to hear the baby is healthy.  Jez, that is a big baby !  I also agree that it is not a home delivery. Do they think people are stupid and can't see in the picture she is in a hospital bed/room ?

• Love 1

Have to agree. After reading so many OB horror stories here and on various links about what can go wrong, especially with post-term babies, I got a very ominous feeling about the Duggars' recent "radio silence." Seems beyond belief to me that the Duggars could actually keep the birth news secret, if all was well. But I am hoping that's the case - and that I just have an overactive imagination.

So now we know, I DO have an overactive imagination - LOL!  Next time I'll read all the comments before posting my own, instead of reading them in chronological order, oldest first.

I'm glad Baby Dilly is here and not in a NICU. Jill looks great for having gone through birth in the last night 12 hour. I'm not sure I care about her nails or her attire. It's clear that there was a hitch in their homebirth, all natural plan so it's entirely feasible that no bags were packed with make up or clothes- she's wearing a hospital gown. Obviously, something unexpected occured because, even if she had been induced, she'd have used one of those coture gowns she was given at her shower. And, this pic was probably taken very, very early this morning (12-1am) so People could put it online this morning. Jill has just had her first adult reality check (life isn't always a series of camera ready moments and God may not care about your highly publicized birth plans), so I'm going to cut her a mountain of slack on appearance. I'm glad they seem to have done the safe thing.

The baby is adorable. He is a big boy! My little one is only 6lbs now and I can't imagine pushing out a 9+ lb baby.

Not that it makes any difference- parents call their kids far worse- but Israel isn't high on my list of great names. I think Israel David Dillard is a mouthful. Israel is one of those names with four thousand ways to pronounce it. It's also, as we can see by Derick's shirt, a political statement and I think giving your kid the job of representing a religious or political agenda before they have their first bath is silly. I don't even want to imagine how the marble mouthed howlers will mangle this poor child's name. Lol. The psych majors of the world will rejoice over the fact that there's an I.D. Dillard (pure Id, baby).

I hope the senior Duggars have enough sense to give them space today. Sadly, I think the demand of production will mean constant cameras today. If they lived in California, they would only be able to film that baby for a few minutes per day. I hope Derick has enough sense to protect the needs of his wife and child.

• Love 12

So, the little gherkin is out of the jar! Glad the baby has been born safely. What a whopping birth weight! I wonder how the delivery/birth went? did Jill have a C-section, induction, or natural dilation and labor? Either way, I'm sure her 'lady parts' are exhausted. That kid looks like he is 2 months old, not a brand new newborn to me. Has anyone noticed that his face looks hacked up? I hope it's just the lighting of the picture, but I looked again, and I think they had a hard time retrieving the little guy, whether it was natural OR C-section. Jill still looks quite puffy and swollen. More then when she was carrying the baby. I wish they chose a better name than Israel David...I don't think they gave that choice any thought as to the future...Glad it over, but I'd like to know just what will be filmed and aired, yes "ala Anna"?

• Love 1
(edited)

Some of the things in that pic seem so calculated. I mean not their joy and that beautiful baby, but the IDF shirt and the name Isreal just seem so part of an agenda to me.  

Edited by JennyMominFL
  • Love 10
(edited)

Just an FYI - Israel is a boy's name. It is the name that the angel called Jacob after he wrestled with him and G-d later confirmed, if you will. It is a very common name for Orthodox Jewish boys. In fact, I've never heard of a non-Jewish boy named Israel. I know (Jewish) boys and men named Israel in the double digits. Nobody calls them Izzy, though - that's a grandpa name to us. It's a bit startling to hear of a Christian baby named Israel - it's like hearing of a Jewish baby named Christopher. 

Israel is one of those names with four thousand ways to pronounce it.

Not really. In English, it's Is- (as in "that IS the name") and -real (as in "for REAL, that is the name). In Hebrew, it's Yisroel (YIS rhymes with this, ro as in row your boat, and el as in bell. 

Glad mother and baby are healthy.

Edited by Georgia
  • Love 4
(edited)

Her birth could be very much like my first, which was 41+ weeks. I went in to be induced at 6AM, and he actually arrived at 12:50AM on the following day. I had my IV for both children for quite awhile to make sure my fluid levels stayed steady following long labors. (Well into the next morning.)

Jill looks exhausted, but happy, and that baby already knows he runs the house! Congratulations to the all.

Edited by GEML
  • Love 1

Just an FYI - Israel is a boy's name....Nobody calls them Izzy, though - that's a grandpa name to us. It's a bit startling to hear of a Christian baby named Israel - it's like hearing of a Jewish baby named Christopher. 

I'd say it's more like a Jewish person naming their son Christian. :) But, remember, this is the same family that was planning to name a baby Judah Benjamin - perhaps the most Hassidic name you can string together.
  • Love 5
(edited)

Has anyone noticed that his face looks hacked up? I hope it's just the lighting of the picture, but I looked again, and I think they had a hard time retrieving the little guy, whether it was natural OR C-section.

I noticed.  Could be Jill just had to push for a really long time.  I had to push for 2 hours with my daughter and she had what they called a "stork bite" on one eye. But tired as I was, all it took was one mention of the word "forceps", and out she came.  Still, her eyelid was pink for almost a year, and I got so tired of people asking me what was wrong with her eye.

Little Israel does look like maybe they did have to use forceps to help deliver him.

Edited by 3 is enough

That's a big baby.

I was 9 10 and 3/4 ounces and my poor mother was only 5 feet and 93 pounds soaking wet!  I was also a high forceps baby and have an oddly shaped skull thanks to it.

Israel. Of course...Izzy dilly. 

I wonder if baby Israel was a forcep delivery? There appears to be marks on the right side of his face that might indicate that. And I wonder about the IV pump, did she have an epidural or is that a PCA pump for pain? Anybody a nurse here who can comment?

Not a fan of the name

BUT 

I am tremendously happy that Jill and Baby are OK

Also

Who the eff over the age of 5 wears a headband with their name on it? That was the first thing I noticed, that stupid headband. Jill looks great tho, headband issues aside.

• Love 12

I'm glad she had the presence of mind to agree to deliver in a way that her safety, and the baby's safety, wouldn't be compromised. The name's not my favorite, but I'm glad everyone's OK. Jill looks a little swollen, so my guess is she had to push for a while. He's a big boy.

It's going to be hard to come up with more than 3 or 4 "I" names, if they've chosen to follow the family tradition...

I read that she said they weren't going to follow the letter thing, but that they might follow another theme, such as family names or Biblical names.

I'm sad that Derick's dad's name isn't in there somewhere.

(edited)

Well, now we have a theme! The next boys can be Moses and Abraham, maybe Noah... and the daughters Hadassah, Devorah, Sarah, Ruth and Esther. Endless choices in the Hebrew Bible.

Edited by JenCarroll
  • Love 1
(edited)

People article states baby Izzy was born in the hospital.  You can see the IV pump behind Derrick.  Definitely a hospital pump (we use those same IV pumps at the hospital where I work).  I'm also guessing c-section because Derrick has scrubs on in the FB photos.  Typically, we only give Dads scrubs to wear for c-section deliveries, not vaginal births.

Glad that Mom & baby are doing OK.  9 lbs. 10 oz. is a BIG baby!  Guess those birthing hips run in the family...LOL :)

Edited by SopranoKris
  • Love 1

There are a few new pictures on their family Facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/duggarfamilyofficial

Cute baby! And they are most definitely in a hospital. I don't know if the child was actually delivered there or he was delivered at home and then rushed to the hospital before they even took photos, but I'm guessing In Touch got it wrong about where he was born.

Don't know how to post a photo on here, but the photo of just Israel with the little cap on and his eyes closed makes me melt, he looks so peaceful and sweet!!  Could partly be due to the fact that my first grand baby (girl!) is due in June....and anything 'baby' makes this grandma to be emotional!!  

• Love 4

Also

Who the eff over the age of 5 wears a headband with their name on it? That was the first thing I noticed, that stupid headband. Jill looks great tho, headband issues aside.

Agree - this is just plain juvenile. Apparently the bump up to motherhood hasn't come with a corresponding boost in maturity.

• Love 4

I wonder if Jill went in to the hospital yesterday morning to be induced and had a long all day labor. It happened to me with my first (minus the induction), long all day labor, 4 hours of pushing and then a C-section for me..and my eyes were black and blue. Jill looks really good if she had a long labor and possible C-section afterwards. Baby Israel does have a round head, which adds to his cuteness in my opinion. 

(edited)

Never had a c-section myself, but one of the Facebook photos shows Jill with the baby on her stomach. I can't imagine they would plop the baby there if she did indeed have a c-section.

Edited by 3 is enough
  • Love 2

Based on the Facebook pictures and seeing Derrick in scrubs I'm thinking Izzy must have been born via c section.

I was thinking that too. Plus his head looks awfully "pretty" for such a large baby - he doesn't have the "conehead" look that one might expect (although I do agree with those who said it looks like possibly forcep marks on his face, so, who knows).

I hope they didn't make Dill do a "We're so thrilled that this blessing is here" video to air during one of the commercials tonight.

Oh, IMO this is a done deal. I buy the house a round if there is no mention of the little pickle on tonight's episode... 

• Love 2

Never had a c-section myself, but one of the Facebook photos shows Jill with the baby on her stomach. I can't imagine they wold plop the baby there if she did indeed have a c-section.

Oh good point... hm. Maybe we'll find out someday. Regardless I'm glad they all seem to be healthy.

• Love 1

Unpopular opinion, but I love the name! I would have preferred David Israel, but oh well, it's not my baby. :D I'm happy for them. I'm happy they seemed to have wised up and went to the hospital. Puffy Jill still looks beautiful.

• Love 3

Jill clearly has an IV in the FB pics.

If it was a c-section you can't drive for a few weeks afterwards. (It's abdominal surgery) So looks like Derrick will get to actually drive himself to work and have lunch alone. Oh, who am I kidding, Jill will just ride shotgun, and wait patiently in the parking lot.

I agree with the agenda comments. They're going to go too far one day. Baby Ichabod Ban-Abortion Dillard might be in our future.

• Love 7

My husband changed into scrubs before I delivered my 9 pound 5 ounce daughter (no epidural), and I did not have a c-section.  I also had an IV in well into the second day after she was born, so I don't think either Derick in scrubs or Jill's IV are signs she had a c-section, based on my own experience.  My daughter also had a nice, rounded head at birth.

Thank heavens Jill finally had the baby, regardless of how she had him. I was beginning to worry about their health.

• Love 2

Not really. In English, it's Is- (as in "that IS the name") and -real (as in "for REAL, that is the name). In Hebrew, it's Yisroel (YIS rhymes with this, ro as in row your boat, and el as in bell. 

I don't think I've ever heard it pronounced (in English) the way you say. Though on the other hand, I don't think I know any Israels personally. I would pronounce it the same way people pronounce the name of the country (roughly "Iz-ra-yell" -- to make a rhyme if you are singing singing The First Noel).

I will admit I do kind of like the name.

• Love 2

Not familiar with giving birth - would Jill have had an IV if she did an home birth?  Does that means she's getting drugs that she previously stated she was going to do without? Or is an IV mandatory if giving birth in a hospital?

I don't think I've ever heard it pronounced (in English) the way you say. Though on the other hand, I don't think I know any Israels personally. I would pronounce it the same way people pronounce the name of the country (roughly "Iz-ra-yell" -- to make a rhyme if you are singing singing The First Noel).

I will admit I do kind of like the name.

I say it as Is-Real (actually more like Is-ree-uhl) but I was also wondering if they would pronounce it Is-ri-el

Don't know how to post a photo on here, but the photo of just Israel with the little cap on and his eyes closed makes me melt, he looks so peaceful and sweet!!  Could partly be due to the fact that my first grand baby (girl!) is due in June....and anything 'baby' makes this grandma to be emotional!!  

here you go......i love his smile!

11059759_632880476845605_422052560286613

• Love 6

Jill clearly has an IV in the FB pics.

If it was a c-section you can't drive for a few weeks afterwards. (It's abdominal surgery) So looks like Derrick will get to actually drive himself to work and have lunch alone. Oh, who am I kidding, Jill will just ride shotgun, and wait patiently in the parking lot.

I agree with the agenda comments. They're going to go too far one day. Baby Ichabod Ban-Abortion Dillard might be in our future.

Or she will have JInger come pick her up and drive Derick to work.

A c-section recovery wont be a huge ordeal for her because she has buddies and sisters who do nothing all day to help. I first was going to write oh thats going to be rough with no activity ( no lifting- even the car seats are too heavy so how can you go anywhere? ) and no driving...but then I remembered she has the unmarrieds and jobless to help :-/

• Love 2
(edited)

Comments regarding the close up pic on the family Facebook page suggest that people think Baby Israel looks like JimBoob. Heaven help him! I think it's too early to tell, but I hope they're mistaken! That is one big baby, though, and I'm guessing c-section. As I said in an earlier post, the little guy is not looking forward to life as a Duggar, and resisted birth until he had no other choice. He should enjoy his time in the limelight because before he knows it, he'll be lost in the crowd.

Edited by Hpmec
  • Love 4