Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

Jill is pulling Jessa moves now. She knows hair is a big deal with haters and fans. Jessa has been getting a lot of attention with her 3 part birth series, so Jill is looking for a way to get the clicks back to her.

• Useful 3
  • Love 7
14 hours ago, lascuba said:

Of course Jill is considering going the white girl with dreadlocks route. Of course. 

On the plus side, she just might be famous enough where social media will drag her to hell for it.

Dreads were worn by ancient Indians and Greeks. If black people can go blonde and straight white people can wear dreads. No one owns a hair style.

• Love 22

My hair would be perfect for dreads.  Coarse and curly.  As a 60+ woman, I think I'd look ridiculous, though.

Jill, please do whatever you want with your hair.  It won't be permanent, and you can change it pretty easily, or pay someone to do it.  i wouldn't even ask best hubby evah for his input, but she will, of course.  Make it outside the fundie bubble, to irritate your stupid dad!  

• Love 9
10 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

My hair would be perfect for dreads.  Coarse and curly.  As a 60+ woman, I think I'd look ridiculous, though.

Jill, please do whatever you want with your hair.  It won't be permanent, and you can change it pretty easily, or pay someone to do it.  i wouldn't even ask best hubby evah for his input, but she will, of course.  Make it outside the fundie bubble, to irritate your stupid dad!  

Haha! I hear you! My hair is coarse and curly as well. And I am 62. But, I swear, after I had surgery last year and lay on the back of my head for 4 days, it felt as though it was at least halfway to dreads! 

I'm 100% (as far as anyone has ever been able to determine) Polish. I don't think I could really pull it off.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

I was wondering how many episodes of Counting On Jill and Derick were in, and according to IMDB there was a total of 119 episodes. Jill was in 58 of them and Derick was in 44.  What I found odd was it lists Jbooger in 84 episodes and The Hairball in 100 episodes ???  Is that possible ? Do I hate them so much that I have blocked out their episodes in my mind ?

Actually, the whole episode cast list seems off.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
22 hours ago, louannems said:

I'm days behind, but didn't Jill once say that long hair gave her headaches?

Yes, she did. This was when she got her hair actually cut. Not short, but shorter than we had ever seen it. I once had really long hair. I couldn't stand it and all I did was put it up in a pony tail or braid. That's when I cut it all off. If I'm was just going to wear it up all the time, why have it long? lol.. I wish she would cut it to her shoulders..

• Love 8
On 7/23/2021 at 6:14 AM, GeeGolly said:

And if Derick is planning on serving the public, he might be in for some culture shock.

There's a lot of places outside of the Willamette Valley and parts of the coast where he would fit right in.  Not sure if he'd want to live in those places (and a lot of it is currently on fire), but hey, they need lawyers too.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2

I agree about Jill's hair length. I wish she would cut it just above her shoulders. It would look doubly thick, add fullness, body and would give her face a lift. Some longer, soft layers would be great on her. I like her natural hair color on her. No need for color IMO.  

• Love 12
7 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Quoting @galaxygirl76 above, brought over from the Jessa/Ben thread.

I can tell from her posts, Jill has genuine pride and affection for Derrick. We could tell when they first got together she was excited to marry him, but that could've been just pure attraction, hormones and excited me in the "new". They had some rough times at the beginning of their marriage, but you could see how happy she was FOR HIM to have graduated from law school. It wasnt about the prestige it may bring her (or the kids), but what he had done for himself. It was sweet (and perfectly normal) to see.

That seems to be Jill’s personality, as opposed to Jessa’s. Jill seems to be more of a selfless, or concerned about others, than Jessa. 

• Love 22
2 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Quoting @galaxygirl76 above, brought over from the Jessa/Ben thread.

I can tell from her posts, Jill has genuine pride and affection for Derrick. We could tell when they first got together she was excited to marry him, but that could've been just pure attraction, hormones and excited me in the "new". They had some rough times at the beginning of their marriage, but you could see how happy she was FOR HIM to have graduated from law school. It wasnt about the prestige it may bring her (or the kids), but what he had done for himself. It was sweet (and perfectly normal) to see.

I think that despite having a shit education herself, and being taught to fear the outside world, Jill has attended enough functions at the university and been exposed to just enough of academia to respect and value a college education and the hard work and dedication it takes. She may never pursue it for herself, but she lived with Deertick through it all, and she knows what sacrifices it took.  

Jill is also just a kinder, more mellow soul than Jessa.  In another life, Jill would totally be the PTA mom who comes to everything. She reminds me of Anna Kendrick’s character on “A Simple Favor”. 

• Love 20

Jill definitely leans to the sweet side, but I've actually never seen her do anything nice for anyone. Her post looked like a typical proud brag about her husband. And who knows, Cathy may have been the one who suggested something more than a homemade sign.

• Useful 5
  • Love 10
4 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Jill definitely leans to the sweet side, but I've actually never seen her do anything nice for anyone. Her post looked like a typical proud brag about her husband. And who knows, Cathy may have been the one who suggested something more than a homemade sign.

We always see what her “sweet friends” did for her. We never see what she has done for her “sweet friends.” I am HOPING she does wondrous things for others and does not want or need public accolades.

• Useful 2
  • Love 19
40 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

We always see what her “sweet friends” did for her. We never see what she has done for her “sweet friends.” I am HOPING she does wondrous things for others and does not want or need public accolades.

I've noticed that too. Given that we live in the social media age, surely one of those "sweet friends" would've tagged Jill for doing something nice. None of the Duggars strike me as the type to turn down positive press.

• Useful 2
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

I think that despite having a shit education herself, and being taught to fear the outside world, Jill has attended enough functions at the university and been exposed to just enough of academia to respect and value a college education and the hard work and dedication it takes. She may never pursue it for herself, but she lived with Deertick through it all, and she knows what sacrifices it took.  

Jill is also just a kinder, more mellow soul than Jessa.  In another life, Jill would totally be the PTA mom who comes to everything. She reminds me of Anna Kendrick’s character on “A Simple Favor”. 

I don't see her as being all that organized or industrious and as others have pointed out, we don't see her doing things for others.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7

Just throwing this out there, but maybe she doesn’t point out what she does for people, but just quietly does it. I know someone who does good deeds but goes out of her way to let you know what she did. I can’t stand her.

• Love 22
2 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I've noticed that too. Given that we live in the social media age, surely one of those "sweet friends" would've tagged Jill for doing something nice. None of the Duggars strike me as the type to turn down positive press.

The "nicest" thing Jill does for her sweet friends is "fellowship" with them. The Duggars all grew up with people doing nice things for them, and them only doing superficial nice things when the cameras are on, and praying for people is the ultimate nice thing for them to do. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

I don’t think Jill recognizes the reciprocal nature of friendship. She also doesn’t realize that someone you spoke to you a few times is not your best friend.  I’m sure she also puts all kinds of weird pressure on acquaintances. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 9
37 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

I don’t think Jill recognizes the reciprocal nature of friendship. She also doesn’t realize that someone you spoke to you a few times is not your best friend.  I’m sure she also puts all kinds of weird pressure on acquaintances. 

Oh, absolutely. I cringe imagining how intense and desperate she must come across. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, lascuba said:

Oh, absolutely. I cringe imagining how intense and desperate she must come across. 

Kind of like going out with someone you really like, having a great time, and then they announce that they love you at the end of the first date.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, JoanArc said:

Kind of like going out with someone you really like, having a great time, and then they announce that they love you at the end of the first date.

This just gave me the worst flashback. 😂

• LOL 17
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, JoanArc said:

My sister went on a blind date where the guy burst into tears and ran out of the restaurant. I don't know which is worse?

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
58 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

My sister went on a blind date where the guy burst into tears and ran out of the restaurant. I don't know which is worse?

I love you. The poor guy may have been traumatized, dating after a death/bad breakup, etc.

• Love 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, JoanArc said:

I love you. The poor guy may have been traumatized, dating after a death/bad breakup, etc.

2 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Maybe she reminded him of someone 

Apparently, he'd been going through a rough patch. Recently laid off, had to move in with his parents. Mutual friends thought setting him up would boost his spirits (face palm). He asked my sister what she did for work, and unaware of his situation, she mentioned she'd just scored a big promotion. I think that triggered him and he lost it. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 3

How long did it take Derrick to ask Jill to get married? 

My brother proposed to my sister in law on their first date lol. Oddly it worked and 30 years later they are still married. Some people are crazy.

• Love 4

Despite the fact that JB and M are all about fellowshipping and everything, I'm pretty sure they don't actually do anything much for others. They've been constantly on the receiving end because they have a bazillion kids.

I doubt any of the Duggarlings ever reaches out much to give anything to other people because it's just not in the repertoire of stuff they experience when their brains were forming at the TTH.

I don't think JB and M have ANY real empathy habits or giving habits or helping habits -- except maybe occasionally when they're showing off or something. So all those kids grew up surrounded by a climate of not reaching out. ....

The not having friends and not going to school and not working for anybody else all reinforce an insularity that I'm certain JB and M had, have and put into the kids. 

Some of them clearly have warmer and friendlier natures than others -- Jill does in some ways, as people have been saying.....So if those warmer kids actually started moving in environments where reaching out, and helping and giving and cooperating and working together and such were part of the daily activity, they might pick up some of those habits....

But even with the warmish ones it's going to be completely new thing. All they were ever taught to do with other people was show off and receive charity and homage. And even now they all seem to live somewhat isolated lives, so they're not getting to used to any norm of real give and take friendships and being helpful to others. 

I'll bet most of them act pretty much act like Jessa did at her weird engagement scavenger hunt or whatever it was. She bristled at just having a bunch of other people to potentially just give a little greeting to or something. 

That's been their life always, and it takes more different experiences than most of them have had to develop habits of doing something else. 

And I doubt any of them even knows much about different ways to interact with the world other than the way they learned from their parents. 

I think we'd wait a long time if we were waiting for any Duggar to become some sort giving person. They're their parents' brainwashed chidlren. And being older doesn't really change that much, especially for people who also seem to have most of the curiosity beaten out of them. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 17
(edited)
9 hours ago, BitterApple said:

After the novelist George Eliot's longtime partner died, she married a guy she'd known for quite a while who was 20 years younger than she was. On the first evening of their honeymoon in Venice, he suddenly jumped out the bedroom window into the canal. 

Apparently neither of them ever explained why. But they stayed married until she died. 

Lots of surprising things happen. 😁

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 6
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, Madtown said:

Dear Jill,

Please be inspired by Jinger's new hair cut and go that route...

Jill's more likely to do it than any of other other sisters, and most of her sisters in law (well, I could see Lauren pulling off a similar hairstyle as Jinger's).

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, Stacey1014 said:

Hasn’t Jill already cut a few inches off in the past?  I agree that she (and her sisters) would be better off chopping a few inches off similar to Jinger’s new style. 

I think Jill cut off 13" and donated it. Her hair isn't quite as long now, but she could cut off a foot and still be shoulder length.

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • Love 8