Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

I read a little more into Jill's statement - I see her need to respond as a need to defend her parents. She was basically saying they didn't blow the party off, its that they weren't invited. And they always acknowledge the boys' birthdays.

• Love 21

I wonder if Jana was sent over to the Dillards with James as a "chaperone" to make sure James didn't come back home with any "Dillard cooties" and silly ideas put in his head that he has a right to live his own life and make his own decisions.

• Love 15
47 minutes ago, floridamom said:

I wonder if Jana was sent over to the Dillards with James as a "chaperone" to make sure James didn't come back home with any "Dillard cooties" and silly ideas put in his head that he has a right to live his own life and make his own decisions.

Everyone needs an accountability partner, in the Duggar mindset it is actually for your own good. You don’t have to worry about inappropriate behavior or temptation because you have someone with you. Twisted. Plus I think Jana is the eyes and ears of Boob, especially with Jill.

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

Everyone needs an accountability partner, in the Duggar mindset it is actually for your own good. You don’t have to worry about inappropriate behavior or temptation because you have someone with you. Twisted. Plus I think Jana is the eyes and ears of Boob, especially with Jill.

It worked so well with Volderjosh. 🙄

• LOL 7
  • Love 14
7 hours ago, SMama said:

The man is 20 years old, owns a fire truck, but can’t visit his sister on his own. What a miserable existence.

It's really sick and f*cked up that he can't visit his own sister without someone else. It shows how controlling and gross JB and Michelle are. 

• Love 17

I’m so happy for Israel and Sam. I remember when Baby S fell under the spell of Toy Story. Great memories. Sam gets a really nice cake, not a mess made out of ice cream sandwiches, in a bus depot setting, lost among 60 people. 

• Love 24
5 hours ago, Temperance said:

It's really sick and f*cked up that he can't visit his own sister without someone else. It shows how controlling and gross JB and Michelle are. 

James might have attended the graduation on his own with just Jill and derick, right?  No Duggar chaperone?  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, awaken said:

James might have attended the graduation on his own with just Jill and derick, right?  No Duggar chaperone?  

Thank you, I was just going to say this! James didn't have a chaperone to attend Derick's graduation, when it would have been more crucial in a sense to have one, at least by the Duggar's logic.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, madpsych78 said:

Thank you, I was just going to say this! James didn't have a chaperone to attend Derick's graduation, when it would have been more crucial in a sense to have one, at least by the Duggar's logic.

That might have been due to ticket availability. I don't know if they counted the kids, but there was Jill, Cathy, possibly Ronnie, Dan, and Deena (and their kids?). Plus James. That's quite a party without an extra chaperone who doesn't give two shits about Derick's graduation.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7

I always think Sam looks like mini Wallace Shaw and wonder if I should message Jill and ask her if she sees the resemblance 

Then I start to wonder why I would think she would know who Wallace Shawn is 

Then I wonder if Derick has seen the resemblance 

Then I smack sense into myself and stop thinking about the Sam/Wallace,Jill and Derick until the next time I see a pic of Sam 😳

• LOL 18

I hope Sam joins Israel in ebil public school in 2022. In a perfect world Jill would enroll in remedial classes online through their community college. At this time attending in person classes may be too overwhelming for her. I know she won’t but a girl can dream.

• Love 11
11 hours ago, christine falls said:

Has Jill ever seen The Princess Bride? Inconceivable! 😉

LOL!  Hey, if Sam has seen Toy Story, there is every chance that Jill has seen The Princess Bride.  Great movie, I hope she enjoyed it.

• Love 14

I believe Derick has been introducing Jill to more mainstream media over the years.  I can totally see him showing Jill The Princess Bride.  I just hope she got to experience it on a better screen than their laptop and that Derick refrained from shouting out the dialogue.  One thing I hate about watching a cult classic movie for the first time with people who have it memorized, they cannot for the life of them shut up and let you watch it.  

When I was an undergrad, somehow someone got ahold of The Princess Bride on film.  So, instead of movie night at the student center being last year's biggest hit, it was TPB.  It was glorious sitting there in a theatre full of fans of the movie and we had a blast.  Well, except for my RA who had never seen it before.  The film was old and there were some issues with the projection, but there were enough people in the theatre to keep the dialogue going.

• Love 10

Jill has an IG story up, the boys are having a snack, and she will start reading the first Hardy Boys book to them. It seems they went to the library again (I could be wrong).

Meanwhile the Seewald trio are going through their daily devotions, memorizing bible verses they can’t understand, and singing hymns about God’s wrath. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 16
On 7/9/2021 at 1:57 PM, leighdear said:

Yeah, my point was so NOT about the actual truck.  It was about a wanton disregard for environmental resources, in order to show off for some bored people who have no more responsible or thoughtful way to celebrate a small child's birthday. 

Obviously they've never heard of, or experienced being anywhere that water rationing is required.  

Maybe they DID get permission.  Because everyone knows how diligent these folks are about following rules and making intelligent decisions.

On 7/9/2021 at 8:13 PM, crazy8s said:

was it shown hooked up to a hydrant? If Jill or James mentioned he takes it to jobs where he is clearing land and burning, it possibly has a tank that holds water. I didn't watch, so maybe it was shown actually hooked up to a hydrant.

In our area we have no fire hydrants so all the fire trucks have large tanks and pumps.

yeah I dont see that truck hooked up to a hydrant, it appears to have a water tank. The water pressure in that video also seems weak compared to what it would be like from a hydrant at full blast

• Useful 3
  • Love 3

I just hope she got to experience it on a better screen than their laptop

The Hope we hold..... doesn’t seem like it’s going to happen. 

Hint: gift them with a real TV Cathy. Thank of your grandsons eyes and necks.

• Love 11

Considering how many of the grown sisters and sisters-in-law have been spotted in pants in photos in the last 2 years, I suspect that Jim Bob's control over some of the adult kids is weakening, at least a little. I still maintain his main beef with Jill and Derrick is over the money and how they got a lawyer to get their share.

• Love 17
2 hours ago, SMama said:

Jill has an IG story up, the boys are having a snack, and she will start reading the first Hardy Boys book to them. It seems they went to the library again (I could be wrong).

Meanwhile the Seewald trio are going through their daily devotions, memorizing bible verses they can’t understand, and singing hymns about God’s wrath. 

The Dillard kids are going to have a more mainstream life than most of their cousins.  I'm happy for them.  Who would have guessed that?  

• Love 19
2 minutes ago, Lady Whistleup said:

Idgi. What do Meechelle and JB think will happen to James if he visits his sister? He's 20 and that's not just anyone, it's his sister and also the woman who raised him.

They are afraid Jill and Derick will poison his mind with ideas about the right to be independent, move out on his own, and the ridiculousness of having a chaperone. 

• Love 17
10 minutes ago, SMama said:

They are afraid Jill and Derick will poison his mind with ideas about the right to be independent, move out on his own, and the ridiculousness of having a chaperone. 

And being educated.

• Love 14
13 minutes ago, SMama said:

They also might encourage him to get a piece of the pie, which he earned for basically his entire childhood and adult life, before it goes to lawyers and LLC shells.

• Love 15
3 minutes ago, SMama said:

Ok this is where Duggars aren't even fundy mainstream. Anna Duggar has siblings that left the fundy life but Anna still seems close to them. Same with Katey -- her gay hairdresser brother is a part of her life. 

I would think that if the Duggars would trust James with anyone it would be the woman who actually raised James from cradle onwards.

But I am glad that James and Jill remain close. 

• Love 9
(edited)
5 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I can totally see him showing Jill The Princess Bride.  I just hope she got to experience it on a better screen than their laptop and that Derick refrained from shouting out the dialogue.  One thing I hate about watching a cult classic movie for the first time with people who have it memorized, they cannot for the life of them shut up and let you watch it.  

OMG that is exactly what happened to me the one and only time I watched that movie. Some asshole I didn't even know invited herself to this movie night during college and then just quoted all the dialogue before it was said. I finally lost my shit on her and told her to shut the fuck up (which is generally frowned upon in Christian college settings), and she just kept on trucking. I suspect I would enjoy the movie, but that experience put me off it entirely. 

I hope if Jill watched it, she didn't watch it with that girl. LOL

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 12
13 minutes ago, Lady Whistleup said:

Ok this is where Duggars aren't even fundy mainstream. Anna Duggar has siblings that left the fundy life but Anna still seems close to them. Same with Katey -- her gay hairdresser brother is a part of her life. 

I would think that if the Duggars would trust James with anyone it would be the woman who actually raised James from cradle onwards.

But I am glad that James and Jill remain close. 

The Duggars are not fundie, they are part of a cult.

• Useful 5
  • Love 8
18 minutes ago, Zella said:

I hope if Jill watched it, she didn't watch it with that girl. LOL

I hope Jill develops enough of a sense of self to tell someone to STFU someday!

Bonus points if it’s Derek or her parents! 

• LOL 2
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, Chicklet said:

I hope Jill read The Princess Bride. The movie is fabulous but the book is one of the funniest books ever, and it's better than the movie. (I dream big I guess.)

I stole the book from my high school library. 😂

• LOL 8
3 hours ago, Chicklet said:

I hope Jill read The Princess Bride. The movie is fabulous but the book is one of the funniest books ever, and it's better than the movie. (I dream big I guess.)

But the book doesn't include Billy Crystal.

• LOL 7
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, Lady Whistleup said:

Except that I think Jim Bob and Michelle would hotly deny (even to themselves) that Jill, or any of the older girls, raised the younger ones. Michelle, who I think actually believes her own lies as soon as they come out of her mouth, would probably claim that the Buddy System means that the girls just helped her as she raised her brood (and she would probably minimize the "help" the girls provided as much as she could).

• Love 14

I really don't think JB/M are concerned with Jill and Derick "poisoning" James' mind or that Jana was there as his chaperone. The issues between Jill and her parents step from Derick's issues with them over money. I just don't think religion is an issue--Jill, despite how savvy she's gotten with her social media posts, has made it pretty clear when asked directly that she doesn't disagree much with her parents on matters of faith.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
23 hours ago, SMama said:

The Duggars are not fundie, they are part of a cult.

The cult of JB, designed by JB, in service of JB, with the intention to boost the ego and preserve the ego of JB.  

• Love 10