Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

For as awful as their core beliefs are, a wee part of me is so sad that Jill and Derelict likely have zero knowledge of "The Goonies" as evidenced by their lack of references to being so close to Astoria.

The photo of them on the beach with the foggy background simply SCREAMS a shout out to "Hey, You Guyyyyyyyyys" or "I smell ice cream."

• LOL 14
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Bridget said:

For as awful as their core beliefs are, a wee part of me is so sad that Jill and Derelict likely have zero knowledge of "The Goonies" as evidenced by their lack of references to being so close to Astoria.

The photo of them on the beach with the foggy background simply SCREAMS a shout out to "Hey, You Guyyyyyyyyys" or "I smell ice cream."

You can be sad for me too. I had to ask my friend Google about it.

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 18

I've heard of The Goonies movie, but I've never seen it and have no idea what it's about.  I just never got around to seeing it.

I'm not necessarily a fan of the kissing photo, but I'll give them a pass.  It's pretty harmless.  

• Love 14
8 hours ago, Bridget said:

I'm not surprised.   The Goonies is a solid Gen X movie,  and the Dillards are Millennials.   It also did not do the cable channel rotations like The Princess Bride did.  

• Love 13
4 hours ago, Jeeves said:

You can be sad for me too. I had to ask my friend Google about it.

3 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

I've heard of The Goonies movie, but I've never seen it and have no idea what it's about.  I just never got around to seeing it.  

Meh, I think it's more of a pop culture phenomenon than anything. I had multiple friends of a different generation who couldnt stop raving about it. Tried watching it myself, and...huh? Guess you had to be there. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Jill did a photodump of Oregon pics. Most notable was that they hooked up with Zach and Tori Roloff. I guess they swapped TLC horror stories. 😁

I noticed in the comments of her first pics she was going to see the photographer who did their family photos, she lives in Oregon. So I was looking on her instagram and she seems to be friends with the Roloffs and has photo shoots with Jeremy's family, Zach's family, Amy and Chris but more of Jacob and his wife. Appears to be friends with them all. She was the one who became instant friends with Jill when Jill invited her over for dinner and spent lots of time with her while she was in town. All the TLC/fundie light worlds intersecting. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 3
57 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Good for Jill and Derick.  Their sons seem to have the happiest, best, most enjoyable lives of all the JB and M grandchildren.  JD's daughter may also be in that club if they decide to let her go to school.

The kids do seem to be enjoying themselves, and, once again, it seems like Jill and Derick are very thoughtful in choosing family activities centered on the kids.  My niece and nephew used to love running up and down the beach flying kites when they were the ages of Israel and Sam.

• Love 22
13 minutes ago, Rootbeer said:

It is very cute, she can really rock a boho vibe outfit.

She can. She looks like with the side braid and the sack shaped dress. Its oversized but intentionally so, I have a cardigan in that color. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

Compare the kids having fun at the beach and the poor Rod kids in street clothes. 

or the seewald kids on a beach with no sand toys. In one of Jill's pictures the boys both had large shovels and a bag of toys.

• Love 22
23 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

I don’t like bare feet 🤢. That picture did not agree with my stomach.

I don't mind bare feet in general, but why are they wearing inside clothes and are inside and in public barefoot?  Very odd.

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

I don’t like bare feet 🤢. That picture did not agree with my stomach.

I know feet can be polarizing. 

I think they were visiting Audrey and Jeremy in their home so it makes sense they would be barefoot, especially in summer (no socks). 

Given that Audrey and Jill aren’t wearing anything particularly cute on their bottom half I may have cropped the photo. 

Derrick does look better. I know that weight of the Bar Exam being off of his shoulders can put a smile on your face!

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
8 minutes ago, Suzn said:

I don't mind bare feet in general, but why are they wearing inside clothes and are inside and in public barefoot?  Very odd.

It may be a "no shoes in the house on the hardwood floors" house.

• Useful 2
  • Love 13
49 minutes ago, Suzn said:

It's summer time, so they wouldn't be wearing socks. I would expect Jeremy and Audrey to have on house slippers though (since its their house)

41 minutes ago, Albanyguy said:

It may be a "no shoes in the house on the hardwood floors" house.

Yes that is what I was thinking, no outside shoes inside the home.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

It's summer time, so they wouldn't be wearing socks. I would expect Jeremy and Audrey to have on house slippers though (since its their house)

Yes that is what I was thinking, no outside shoes inside the home.

That's probably right.  It's not a good look though.

• Love 1

I don't wear slippers, shoes, or socks inside my house, so it never weirds me out when people are barefoot. Basically, if I am home, I am barefoot.

But I do think it is weird for Jill and Derick to be barefoot in someone else's house. 

• Love 21
13 minutes ago, Zella said:

I don't wear slippers, shoes, or socks inside my house, so it never weirds me out when people are barefoot. Basically, if I am home, I am barefoot.

But I do think it is weird for Jill and Derick to be barefoot in someone else's house. 

Derick was barefoot at the hospital when Israel was born. He ain’t afraid of no germs! 

• LOL 11
  • Love 2
Just now, SMama said:

Derick was barefoot at the hospital when Israel was born. He ain’t afraid of no germs! 

I'm gagging so hard right now. I've seen people walk around our library barefoot, and all I can think of is pukings of the past that were right there where they are standing. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 1

One of my best friends is Indian, and I remember when I would go to her house she would always state to take off shoes (not necessarily socks). So to me it's not weird to be barefoot in my own house or in someone else's house. In a public space though, that's another story. 

I wonder how Derick did on the bar? Would he know by now if he passed?

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

I wonder how Derick did on the bar? Would he know by now if he passed?

I believe he took it July 27-28. What I read stated it would take 4-5 weeks for the results to be released.

Edited by ginger90
  • Useful 6
4 minutes ago, estellasmum said:

Are they at the coast, or at the Roloff house? Where they live would be right off the main drag from Portland to Seaside. And it is hot and getting stupid hot again here this week.

They met Zach and Tori on the coast. Not sure where they met up with Jeremy and Auj. 

8 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

They met Zach and Tori on the coast. Not sure where they met up with Jeremy and Auj. 

I hate to admit this but I recognize the clock on the picture. They are in Portland. It’s sad they could not meet together. Maybe now that Zach has given up on the farm the twins’ relationship will mend.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, SMama said:

I hate to admit this but I recognize the clock on the picture. They are in Portland. It’s sad they could not meet together. Maybe now that Zach has given up on the farm the twins’ relationship will mend.

I don't watch LPBW, so I didn't realize the twins were estranged until the Dillards' visit.