Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I think Jill cut off 13" and donated it. Her hair isn't quite as long now, but she could cut off a foot and still be shoulder length.

Yes, I remember that. Jill went from waist length hair, to boob length.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

2 years ago:

272658DA-034F-4676-A358-9E6C301910ED.jpeg

Yes. This is why I hope that Jill will take a hit from Jinger's nice new cut, and get another cut. Time for a freshen-up of the long locks.

• Love 8
9 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Jinger stole her thunder hair cut wise. Jill probably decided to wait to cut hers 🤷‍♀️

That's what I was thinking too. Although it's also possible that Jill made a disastrous choice and isn't ready to share!

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, BetyBee said:

That's what I was thinking too. Although it's also possible that Jill made a disastrous choice and isn't ready to share!

Oh I didn’t even think of a hair disaster scenario. I hope it’s not that.

• Love 2

Are they on vacation? I know someone said that Derick took the bar, so they were probably off on vacation? I believe  she was looking for ideas on going to Oregon not long ago. She normally doesn't post when they are off somewhere. She normally posts pictures and videos of a trip when they get back.

Joy and Jessa have been quiet too. I would think Jessa would be posting about how great it is having 4 kids in the mold house.

• LOL 6
  • Love 12
15 minutes ago, skatelady said:

For sure. I mean, she's got a lot of chin.....

Props to you! You win the internet today!

3 hours ago, BetyBee said:

But haven’t we all made disastrous hair choices? Or just me? Lol! 

How many of us, though, post our every move on SM?

• Love 8

Wow, I can't believe that Jill's hair was that long. No wonder she was getting headaches...Jessa comes to mind..she should be grabbing the tylenol right about now. A few feet chopped off of Jessa would do her a great deal of good.

• Love 7
27 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Well, Jill is keeping us in suspense. She still has long, scraggly locks.

My guess is she really wanted the dreadlocks and all the other options she threw in were just to pad out the poll, but the poll results pissed in her post toasties, so here we are with no new do. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 6
  • Love 6

I'm definitely having a few senior moments today.  First I read

On 8/1/2021 at 9:42 AM, iwantcookies said:

Jinger stole her thunder hair cut wise.

as "thunder hair" and wondered what kind of style that was.  Then I read 

On 8/1/2021 at 11:19 AM, Madtown said:

I know someone said that Derick took the bar

as "someone saw Derrick at the bar" and wondered if he let it all hang out on vacation. 

• LOL 15
On 8/2/2021 at 8:46 PM, Zella said:

My guess is she really wanted the dreadlocks and all the other options she threw in were just to pad out the poll, but the poll results pissed in her post toasties, so here we are with no new do. 

Yup. Does her batshit crazy friend, Mrs Taco, have dreads?

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Is that an ordinary overcast day, or smoke from the fires out that way?

I live in the PNW and I'd say it is a bit of both but mostly the normal overcast we have near the shore many mornings.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Mmm we are totally in love, okay 

Me and my man on the beach having a moment 

🙄

BF82C904-6994-4AAC-9CCB-9C9EA7EBBBD8.jpeg

Why are these idiots obsessed with kissing pictures?  I guess they need to keep reminding us how much in love they are and that they have sex.  What I see are awkward fish lip poses that look like they don't quite have the hang of kissing.

• LOL 12
  • Love 12
17 minutes ago, BOOgen3 said:

First question is who took the picture? Second and better question is why? For the love of sweet baby jeebus, just why?

I wondered who took it too. BTW, that was posted on Derick's IG feed, not Jill's.

I assume that unlike Jeremy, Derick is an adult male who has his own smartphone and it's not kept in the custody of his wife (unlike that fairy story the Vuolos spouted a few years ago about how Jer stays pure in this age of social media sin by having Jinger keep his phone or something) - and therefore Derick posted it. 

• Useful 4
1 hour ago, BOOgen3 said:

First question is who took the picture?

I have never taken a selfie, period (and certainly not one of myself kissing), but could it be a selfie? Seems like kind of a close angle... might be do-able with some practice. (Ew.)

If not... we know Israel has been a go-to photographer in the past. (If so... also ew. Poor Iz.)

Or, you know, some random stranger on the beach!

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
9 minutes ago, dargosmydaddy said:

I have never taken a selfie, period (and certainly not one of myself kissing), but could it be a selfie? Seems like kind of a close angle... might be do-able with some practice. (Ew.)

If not... we know Israel has been a go-to photographer in the past. (If so... also ew. Poor Iz.)

I am not an experienced selfie practitioner, but it looks like a selfie to me. It doesn't look at all like a picture another person took of them. The angle is all wrong. 

That being said, it should have stayed on whoever's phone. 🤮

Edited by Zella
  • Love 20

I am sure that both Derick and Jill would have a proverbial cow over being told this, but the dramatic kissing pictures remind me a lot of how Jim Bob and Michelle flaunt their sexuality in the face of their children. I mean, granted, it's not dry humping on a golf course, but I think it is rooted in the same motives. See what I've got that you don't?! Aren't you jealous?!

Um, no, I'm actually not.  

It's really childish. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 23
1 hour ago, dargosmydaddy said:

Yes yes its a selfie, but I meant the angle of their HEADS looks uncomfortable. Like why did Jill angle her neck like that. 

The photo cannot be taken by Israel because the angle is from above, likely Derrick is holding the phone.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Dammit, now they've been to one of my favorite vacation spots!  I love Seaside.

That said, i wouldn't travel anywhere at the moment.  I agree, that picture is TMI.  I wish they wouldn't do that.  I hate those kind of PDA photos being shared.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, Suzn said:

Why are these idiots obsessed with kissing pictures?  I guess they need to keep reminding us how much in love they are and that they have sex.  What I see are awkward fish lip poses that look like they don't quite have the hang of kissing.

“And that was the day your father and I invented sex on the beach”

-Jill, at Israel’s Wedding Rehersal Dinner Slideshow

But seriously, so much of their lifestyle is advertising to others that their lifestyle is wonderful. And when do you wanna have a wonderful lifestyle? Get yourself some Jesus.  Your life will be wonderful. Almost as wonderful as ours. 

• LOL 11

Didn't the kissing selfies start back when a lesbian couple posted a selfie in front of the TTH?

Jessa and Ben decided to post one in retaliation of sorts and got raked over the coals. Then JB & M posted one, then Jill & Derick.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
39 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

In her IG story Jill shows Izzy riding in the car without a car seat. Aren't kids supposed to be in some kind of car seat/booster until they're 8?

4' 9" tall  or age 8 whichever is first. Izzy should be in a booster without the high back

Edited by crazy8s
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, Suzn said:

At least they aren’t in the weeds somewhere 😂

• LOL 7