Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

Israel’s new school backpack was a Jurassic Park dinosaur backpack!

I really hope it was a subtle dig Jill’s parents. Am I misremembering, or did Derreck say one time that it is possible for the earth to be millions of years old? Not that they still believe in evolution….

he is at least slightly more liberal than fundamentalists. In regards to drinking, not hormonal birth control, etc.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, JoanArc said:

Israel’s new school backpack was a Jurassic Park dinosaur backpack!

I really hope it was a subtle dig Jill’s parents. Am I misremembering, or did Derreck say one time that it is possible for the earth to be millions of years old? Not that they still believe in evolution….

he is at least slightly more liberal than fundamentalists. In regards to drinking, not hormonal birth control, etc.

Yes, in a Q&A Jill confessed that she's still a Young Earth Creationist and that they have "debates" about it. That would imply that Derelict doesn't hold the same beliefs. I'm sure he's still a Creationist, but at least he doesn't take the bible literally.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
34 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Yes, in a Q&A Jill confessed that she's still a Young Earth Creationist and that they have "debates" about it. That would imply that Derelict doesn't hold the same beliefs. I'm sure he's still a Creationist, but at least he doesn't take the bible literally.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that YouTube. Joe was quick to talk over Derreck anytime he started to sound reasonable or to question her views. She has grown, but it is still difficult to toss a lot of that crap or a challenge big questions.  It probably drives lawyer Derreck a little nuts that he cannot have a wife who can argue or consider hypotheticals. 

• Love 10

I never used to think of Jill as the best looking of the Duggs. But now that shes found her own style and seems genuinely happy, she looks gorgeous in all her photos. She's SO pretty!

• Love 22
37 minutes ago, MamaMax said:

I never used to think of Jill as the best looking of the Duggs. But now that shes found her own style and seems genuinely happy, she looks gorgeous in all her photos. She's SO pretty!

Years ago when I first became aware of the Duggars and sought out discussion/snark boards about them, I thought young teen Jill was the cutest. But then I liked Jan Brady more than Marcia - I must like cute more than sexy. 
Nowadays I think Jill can often be very pretty but you never know how much is filters, etc. I do like her boho style.

• Love 9
5 hours ago, OpieTaylor said:

Years ago when I first became aware of the Duggars and sought out discussion/snark boards about them, I thought young teen Jill was the cutest. But then I liked Jan Brady more than Marcia - I must like cute more than sexy. 
Nowadays I think Jill can often be very pretty but you never know how much is filters, etc. I do like her boho style.

I always thought that Jan was way prettier than Marcia, not just in a "cute" way, but she was more classically pretty to my eye. I have always thought that Jill was the prettiest of the Duggar sisters as well (my style tends toward boho like hers, so there's that). Plus I have always found gummy smiles rather endearing for some reason, so I don't find that feature detracts from her looks either.

• Love 8

Yep, I know Jill and D are still very conservative Christians but because they aren't issolating their kids from the world their kids are going to be exposed to so much more and through that exposure they'll likely bring some ideas home to Jill that rock her a little bit.   

• Love 14

I'm not sure Jill will even know what her kids are being taught. My kids went to Catholic schools. We are not Catholic and there are certain areas of Catholicism my husband and I don't agree with. We made sure our kids were exposed to our feelings and thoughts on these issues, so when and if they came up in school they had a fuller picture. I certainly didn't know their daily curriculum, nor did they come home and recite their days.

Izzy, and eventually Sammy, will learn a lot of things. Some Jill will never know about. Obviously Cathy was able to raise her boys to be very narrowminded and hateful while sending them to public school. I don't see it turning out differently for the Dillard boys. 

• Love 13
5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Izzy, and eventually Sammy, will learn a lot of things. Some Jill will never know about. Obviously Cathy was able to raise her boys to be very narrowminded and hateful while sending them to public school. I don't see it turning out differently for the Dillard boys. 

It's a good thing for the boys to go to public school, but there's no reason to expect them to turn out differently than Derick.  We are hearing less of Derick's hateful beliefs and more of mainstream activities, but they are exactly the same people they were.  It lulls people into being at peace with the New Improved Dillards.  Unless Derick and Jill stand up and say they have changed their minds about things, they are the same odious people they always were.

• Love 17
12 minutes ago, Suzn said:

It's a good thing for the boys to go to public school, but there's no reason to expect them to turn out differently than Derick.  We are hearing less of Derick's hateful beliefs and more of mainstream activities, but they are exactly the same people they were.  It lulls people into being at peace with the New Improved Dillards.  Unless Derick and Jill stand up and say they have changed their minds about things, they are the same odious people they always were.

It's rather sad to many people, but Jill and Derick are members of the largest protestant church/denominational group in the US.  Overall Baptists are about 15% of the US population and the SBC is about 5% of the US population.  Being part of the largest protestant group, makes them more mainstream than some people might want to admit.  Lumping them with other evangelical protestants makes them about 25% of the country.  With numbers like that, they don't see themselves as a fringe group or as being all that far from "normal."  

• Useful 6
  • Love 5
21 minutes ago, Suzn said:

Agree. The boys were going to go to public school all along because Derick, as the headship, went to public school.  Jill could not teach them much.

I think we compare Izzy and Sam to the other Duggar grandspawn and it feels like they are ahead just by Izzy going to school. Since he is just 6, we have no idea what values/ideas he will hold when he is 18. We can guess he will stick with his parents and Cathy's "we are the right christians" hateful crap.

but at least the Dillard boys have the option to meet friends outside the duggar cousin clan and maybe actually learn reading, math and science.  They will not be Uncle James, shown on TV with sister mom Jill, using 3rd grade multiplication flash cards at at age 12, or whatever age he was.

• Love 21

Keep in mind too that Derick was likely exposed to more liberal ideas as a law student at the U of Arkansas than he was as an accounting major in Oklahoma. It doesn't mean that he will automatically agree with all of them, but he was essentially taught how to examine and interpret the law, and I believe several members of his cohort espouse liberal beliefs. 

I would be curious as to what Jill follows on IG. I do remember her making that post about RBG when she passed away.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Lady Whistleup said:

If you see some of Jill's follows on IG, she's definitely more liberal and open-minded than her entire family and most of the state of Arkansas. Check them out, you'll see.

Jill (and Amy) recently liked their friend Kristen's extremely homophobic podcast, so...

Jill and Derick have gotten really good at seeming inoffensive (to some people, at least) on social media. That's it. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 7
7 minutes ago, lascuba said:

Jill (and Amy) recently liked their friend Kristen's extremely homophobic podcast, so...

Jill and Derick have gotten really good at seeming inoffensive (to some people, at least) on social media. That's it. 

To be fair, they liked the post announcing the podcast. We have no evidence that they listened to it and liked it. Actually, given its content, I think Famy might be offended. She openly supports LGBTQ+. Jill, OTOH, is married to a homophobe. I imagine her views would align pretty closely with Kristen's. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
24 minutes ago, awaken said:

Which podcast is it?

I saw a van the other day with “Tacos for life” written on it and thought of Kristen- that’s her, right?

Her husband USED to work for Tacos for Life. He got fired for being drunk on the job. They pulled up stakes and moved close to Little Rock (I want to say Conway?). I'm not sure what Justin is doing these days, but God cured his alcoholism. 🙄

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • Useful 4
  • LOL 3
18 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Her husband USED to work for Tacos for Life. He got fired for being drunk on the job. They pulled up stakes and moved close to Little Rock (I want to say Conway?). I'm not sure what Justin is doing these days, but God cured his alcoholism. 🙄

Oh my. That why Jessa's not eaten any free Tacos, lately.

Was pissed to see Jill's kids without masks on their trip. I know Derick and Jill are vaccinated, but the kids can't be. Child nurturers, my ass. Protecting the voiceless. Blah. Get bent the next time you use that line, Derick.

• Love 9
20 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Wow, he got fired?! I didn't know that. I just remember Kristen being so misleading about his role there, talking like he owned the restaurants rather than managing them. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
8 hours ago, MsJamieDornan said:

If I had to work for a place called Tacos For Life, I would be drunk too.

It sounds like one of the circles of hell that Dante didn't write about. 

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 16
  • Love 1
50 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

"Sam is super happy to be getting some one-on-one time with mommy in preschool at home & on-the-go with regular library visits and fun classes they offer!"

Good for Jill to acknowledge children need one on one time with their parents. I hope she remembers that when Derick is employed and Jill gets baby fever.

How nice for Sam to also get library trips. It would be nice if his cousins had the same opportunities.

• Love 19
50 minutes ago, SMama said:

Good for Jill to acknowledge children need one on one time with their parents. I hope she remembers that when Derick is employed and Jill gets baby fever.

How nice for Sam to also get library trips. It would be nice if his cousins had the same opportunities.

I think its great too, although I don't think it happens as often as Jill would like everyone to believe. I think Jill has become a lot more SM savvy since their, repair Derick's rep tour.

• Useful 4
  • Love 8

What’s with the collar Fenna has on? Isn’t that one of those painful kind? I can’t think of the name for it.

edited to add: I should have used Google before commenting. Looks like it’s a prong collar. Here’s what I found:

Choke and prong collars are designed to punish dogs for pulling by inflicting pain and discomfort. They can cause serious physical and emotional damage to dogs and should never be used. ... The metal spikes of prong collars pinch the skin around dogs' necks when they pull and can scratch or puncture them.

Edited by ginger90
On 8/21/2021 at 10:32 PM, emmawoodhouse said:

Justin works at an automated carwash.  I think he may be the manager, but I’m not 100% sure.  He and Kristen bought some land, and they are making some type of retreat (or something like that) out of it.  Justin’s beliefs are as crazy as Kristen’s, but he’s not a vocal about it as she is.  She’s fully unhinged, and one look at her IG proves it.  She’s also pregnant again.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, farmgal4 said:

Justin works at an automated carwash.  I think he may be the manager, but I’m not 100% sure.  He and Kristen bought some land, and they are making some type of retreat (or something like that) out of it.  Justin’s beliefs are as crazy as Kristen’s, but he’s not a vocal about it as she is.  She’s fully unhinged, and one look at her IG proves it.  She’s also pregnant again.

His testimony was totally whack. He and Kristen deserve each other. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Choke and prong collars are designed to punish dogs for pulling by inflicting pain and discomfort. They can cause serious physical and emotional damage to dogs and should never be used. ... The metal spikes of prong collars pinch the skin around dogs' necks when they pull and can scratch or puncture them.

Sadly, I know several dog trainers that use them.

15 hours ago, ginger90 said:

What’s with the collar Fenna has on? Isn’t that one of those painful kind? I can’t think of the name for it.

edited to add: I should have used Google before commenting. Looks like it’s a prong collar. Here’s what I found:

There are prong collars with little rubber tips on the prongs.  I have a Bernese Mountain/Rottie mix who has a thick neck and thick hair and she literally cannot feel me correct her with a regular collar and leash.  The trainer suggested the tipped prong collar because the multiple points of contact are able to be felt more easily.  So, maybe Fenna's collar is one of those?

My dog walks well on a leash and I rarely need to correct her, but she responds far faster and more consistently when she's got the rubber tipped prong collar on.  It doesn't seem to hurt her at all.  Also, she only wears it when she is on the leash, there is no need for any sort of metal collar that could get caught on something otherwise.

• Useful 13
  • Love 6