Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

So it's an anniversary and they eat at Olive Garden, then stop at Taco Bell, then they have a late night steak? Do these people have a tapeworm? Who does this? Ok 16 year olds might but holy crap.

• Love 19
23 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Derrick is unhappy, so he hates everyone but himself. To be honest about it, I could not stand to be around Jill for more than five seconds especially with my anxiety levels the last few months. They both could use some professional counseling, but they see real counseling as a side of weakness aka the devil has taken over my mind and soul aka I will just pray and read the bible crap. Btw, I am not saying praying and reading the bible is bad especially if it helps a person feel better, but in the case of Deredick and Jilly Girl, it is not helping either one of them.

I have a sneaking suspicion that Derick doesn't even like himself.  In his spewing Tweets, he's projecting his thoughts (about himself) onto other people.  I think he has a case of bait-and-switch buyer's remorse.  Jill portrayed herself, as did Bob & Chelle, that she was going to be a godly missionary wife.  When that plan hit the skids, Jill instantly popped Iz out, and Cathy got her cancer diagnosis, he just lost it.  They could benefit from individual and couple's counseling, but it won't happen.  Hell, Jill's needed it since the molestation.  

On a lighter note, props to whoever said Jill would teach us how to make toast.  I hope she has some ideas on making water hot.  Crossing the crossables!

• Love 17
2 hours ago, Pingaponga said:

I'm in Ontario too.  I'm hoping the heat affects his brain and things won't be quite so...exciting.

Regarding the Cinnamon Toast recipe, I think the photo of Israel is what makes this recipe a big fail.  Shouldn't he have a huge smile on his face if this is so good? 

Oh geez. Sorry Canada. I already had to apologize to my Finnish friend for the upcoming summit.

It could be that Israel, rather than conveying "This is an enjoyable meal" with his expression, is trying to convey, "Aren't you just the most miserable sinner ever? You need to repent and come to Jesus!" You know, as part of Dillard Family Ministries.

• Love 6
21 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Their picnic:

9933239A-35A5-478F-AA97-4B15DA573779.jpeg

28196FC0-0B13-4978-B747-57E5F9854B43.jpeg

A9DF21FD-7D46-4A73-8EE1-E855AD1BE975.jpeg

Wow a car picnic. With the sparkling cider of fundie love. It’s sad that they apparently spent their anniversary posing for pictures for their half assed website. 

• Love 15
28 minutes ago, jcbrown said:

I'm 53 and I've never seen pre-mixed cinnamon sugar like that, either. I mix it up and keep it in a shaker, so I don't have to get toast bits in in when I make cinnamon toast, Jill.

Is steak the only thing Dreck cooks? It seems like every time she mentions him making anything, it is a slab-o-cow.

I'm 59 and have never seen them either. Or at least not noticed them. I mix cinnamon & sugar for making something like snickerdoodles, but have honestly never heard of sprinkling it on buttered toast. When I think of cinnamon toast it's toast made with bread that has a cinnamon swirl baked into it. We'll buy that occasionally and keep it in the freezer, just removing a couple of slices as desired. Seems as though that would be easier and healthier (a tablespoon of melted butter per slice of bread?), and not particularly more expensive overall than Jill's way.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Sorry, I forget how many youngins are posters here. These McCormick cinnamon & sugar shakers were always in our cupboard growing up. They came in different characters as well.

I am way older than @Triple P, and I have never seen the shakers. I always sprinkled sugar on my buttered toast with a spoon and then shook a little cinnamon from the can (just like my mother did). It never occurred to me to premix. What a great idea.

• Love 2

I'm guessing that cinnamon toast is a regional thing. I mean Pioneer Woman did a recipe for cinnamon toast , but that was broiled so it involved a kind of effort. I loved those little bottles of sugar and cinnamon when I was a kid, then my mother got thrifty and mixed her own :(

What kind of picnic is just pita bread and cheese. Oh and olives. So cheese picnic, Olive Garden, Taco Bell, and THEN the shoe leather steak. Duggars live life to the fullest that's for sure.

• Love 16
11 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

I'm guessing that cinnamon toast is a regional thing. I mean Pioneer Woman did a recipe for cinnamon toast , but that was broiled so it involved a kind of effort. I loved those little bottles of sugar and cinnamon when I was a kid, then my mother got thrifty and mixed her own :(

What kind of picnic is just pita bread and cheese. Oh and olives. So cheese picnic, Olive Garden, Taco Bell, and THEN the shoe leather steak. Duggars live life to the fullest that's for sure.

Pioneer Woman’s recipe is laborious, but swwet baby Jesus is it good!

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

I think this was over two days. The hike and picnic happened on the second day. Taco Bell and shoeleather steak predecessor sweet fellowship the night before.

• Love 4

image.png.28dbc1184303259714d003b40c79c173.png

This is sad.  There is Joy in her frumpy long skirt while her sister wears shorts.  Of all of them Joy should be wearing the shorts, but we all know her headship doesn't approve.  That sucks!!!

• Love 7
7 hours ago, Lunera said:

20180702_105910.thumb.png.596abb1e899674e0ba223ca4eb669461.png20180702_105850-359x510.png.b3541320d4930faebfdf1850d14e54a3.png

I've never seen Joy with her hair up, it makes her look so put together and Jill looks like a damn fool with that headband. 

But I'm still happy that Jill is wearing shorts, in front of Joy, too.  Hopefully Joy can transition to pants/jeans/shorts if only to be more comfortable and practical.

• Love 11
18 minutes ago, riverblue22 said:

image.png.28dbc1184303259714d003b40c79c173.png

This is sad.  There is Joy in her frumpy long skirt while her sister wears shorts.  Of all of them Joy should be wearing the shorts, but we all know her headship doesn't approve.  That sucks!!!

Joy's skirt looks like the bottom half of the dress Jill wore home from the hospital after Israel was born.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

That one may require a video and more explicit step by step instructions.  HA!  Has anyone in this country not heard of cinnamon toast?  I mean really?  No offense if you haven't.  If I were not blocked on twitter I would ask some detailed questions about this cinnamon toast.  At least Pioneer Woman put a different twist on it.  Everyone still thought it was stupid to put on a cooking show.

On Maxwell, Teri actually did a tutorial blow by blow of her rinsing strawberries, slicing them, freezing them on a "cookie sheet with sides", putting them in Ziploc bags and freezing!  And her fans still had questions!!

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Vaysh said:

Stop at Taco Bell for some fresh veg, then home for the main course of steak no trimmings, leave again for some fries at Burger King, then right back home for some cinnamon toast dessert.

Don’t forget a stop in the parking lot for pizza. 

1 hour ago, SMama said:

Where are the Duggars keeping their cows?

Yes, this is the first I’ve heard about cows, or them eating fresh meat. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Trillium said:

I’m so glad she made it healthy with the whole wheat bread and not the Devil’s white bread. 

But Zsuzsu Anderson, the Pissing Preacher's wife, claims whole grains rotten her kids teeth!!!  Since they've switched to white flour, no more cavities!!!

• Love 2
6 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

We're having a heatwave in my neck of the woods. Here's a recipe for you: Find a glass. Put water in it. Drink. Refill and repeat as necessary. 

Libbey.w710.h473.2x.jpg9ca8266631aea9e4fb2041c76f7e30a9.jpg

Serve with a big, green salad and some homemade bread!

• Love 23

Here is my famous make a bowl of cereal recipe handing down from generation to generation:

First of all go to the cupboard and grab a box of your favorite cereal and take box out of the cupboard.

Second go to another cupboard and grab a bowl. Put bowl on the counter or table along with the box of cereal.

Third grab a spoon out of the drawer and put next to bowl and box of cereal.

Fourth get milk out of refrigerator,

Next pour cereal into bowl. Pour enough milk to cover the cereal to your own liking. Use spoon to eat the cereal.

Sorry no picture of directions, but I think all of you get the idea.

(edited)
2 hours ago, Trillium said:

Wow a car picnic. With the sparkling cider of fundie love. It’s sad that they apparently spent their anniversary posing for pictures for their half assed website. 

WTF? I need to wake my husband up and force him to take anniversary pictures since today is indeed our anniversary! We fail at being like Derick and Jill. You guys better prey for us! We could use all the prayers we can get since we had a truly horrible day of one bad thing after another.

Edited by Fuzzysox
  • Love 9
17 minutes ago, EmeraldGirl said:

So the Duggars have cattle - which is somehow butchered and served fresh to the family? What?

I vaguely remember Michelle saying that they lease a part of their land to cattle owners.  They just let them graze but have no responsibility to them.  Maybe a processed cow a year is part of the deal, who knows?

• Love 6
8 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Cinnamon Toast Recipe

Jul 2, 2018 | Recipes | 0 

This was one of my brother’s (Joseph) favorite breakfast items when we were all kids. It may not be super healthy, but makes for a fun treat occasionally.

4 slices whole wheat bread (toasted)

4 T. Butter (melted)

2 T. Cinnamon

1/2 C. Sugar

Toast your bread, then butter it with the melted butter (about 1 TB per slice or less…has to have enough butter to make the cinnamon sugar stick).  In a bowl, mix cinnamon and sugar. Pour some of the cinnamon sugar mixture onto your toast, then pour off. Do this about 4 or 5 times and rotate the bread each time so that each of the edges gets a good coating. Enjoy!

3C10444A-E893-4F85-A6CD-6EF3E50651CD.jpeg

62973A88-FBC3-41F9-BC13-9D25C1530B84.jpeg

What the hell, it looks like it's growing a beard.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, luvbadtv said:

Eating her special anniversary dinner while sitting in front of her laptop, so romantic.

She probably had to write that fascinating blog post in a hurry or type up her cinnamon toast recipe before she forgot it. It is so detailed.

• Love 8
31 minutes ago, louannems said:

I vaguely remember Michelle saying that they lease a part of their land to cattle owners.  They just let them graze but have no responsibility to them.  Maybe a processed cow a year is part of the deal, who knows?

That kind of arrangement is not unusual. When I saw Jill's reference to their cows, I figured the family had made some kind of deal directly with a rancher. 

• Love 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, SMama said:

Where are the Duggars keeping their cows?

Upstairs in the boys' dorm, where the stench just blends in. 

Edited by Heathen
  • Love 15
9 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Cease and desist from photographing your face next to our Great Value product like the garlic stuffed green olives.

Between the forehead wrinkles and the bad skin, that close-up was terrifying. And the olive sticking halfway out of her mouth as she mugged for the camera? How old is she, twelve?

• Love 22
12 hours ago, Vaysh said:

Are they on some sort of low carb diet? Who just plates up a slab of meat with nothing to accompany it? I mean, even just a piece of bread and a dollop of sauce/dip/sour cream and some veg would've made it better.

None of her meals appeal to me and I don't serve any like that, but I will say that Mr. lookeyloo would be perfectly happy with a plate full of meat and nothing else.  He doesn't get that option with me at the stove (or Instant Pot).

• Love 2
14 hours ago, Heathen said:

Say "my brother Joseph's favorite," not "my brother's (Joseph) favorite," you dumbass. That is an elementary school-level error! 

I bet she leaves those bits of burned toast in the container with the cinnamon-sugar for next time. Gross. 

I've always just buttered the toast, not melted the butter and then put it on the toast. 

Whoa!  You mean you can just SPREAD THE BUTTER DIRECTLY ON THE TOAST?  Consider my mind officially blown.

• Love 21
1 hour ago, Albanyguy said:

Between the forehead wrinkles and the bad skin, that close-up was terrifying. And the olive sticking halfway out of her mouth as she mugged for the camera? How old is she, twelve?

I would pay real money to unsee that. 

• Love 9
(edited)

RE: TOASTGATE:  Don't you all realize that the only reason Jill can come up with a toast recipe is that Aldis doesn't sell toast.

But I'm still happy that Jill is wearing shorts, in front of Joy, too.  Hopefully Joy can transition to pants/jeans/shorts if only to be more comfortable and practical.

Jill, you are selfish.  Don't you realize that if there is a male barista there you have defrauded him with your knees??

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Next pour dump cereal into bowl.  Pour dump enough milk to cover the cereal to your own liking. Use spoon to eat the cereal.

I made a few changes to your recipe so Jill would be able to understand it. 

• Love 21
24 minutes ago, Normades said:

Wait! Do I use a great big spoon or one of those little bitty ones??  Also, this milk you speak of, I've seen several containers with different colored caps.  I have no idea which one is the correct one to use for cereal.  Also, for the cereal, should I get the one with the tiger on it or the little bird who is "coocoo?"  I'm gonna need more information.  I think this recipe is at a more advanced level.  Maybe you should have saved it for a senior year culinary class at Le Cordon Bleu because, it's WAY too much for me. 

You can use a regular small spoon or a bigger one if you want to. Any type of milk is fine. Pick a cereal you like to eat.

19 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

What I think is this:  Dillweed is a picker and chooser of the bible stuff he likes.  I know he's far from being the only one who does this, but it chaps my ass.

And, to boot, he pisses and moans about what other people choose to do, that don't affect him one whit!  He's just a hateful ass-chapper in so many ways, it's pathetic.

I would really love to be a fly on the wall at the TTH to hear what JB thinks about his brilliant match-making choice for his favorite daughter.  Or does Boob just go to the prayer closet with his head ready to explode?  TLC should film some of that drama.

I read that as nosepicker and thought "welp, explains a lot!"

• Love 4
35 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

You can use a regular small spoon or a bigger one if you want to. Any type of milk is fine. Pick a cereal you like to eat.

Spoons are the things that look like a shovel, right?  

• Love 18
13 hours ago, louannems said:

On Maxwell, Teri actually did a tutorial blow by blow of her rinsing strawberries, slicing them, freezing them on a "cookie sheet with sides", putting them in Ziploc bags and freezing!  And her fans still had questions!!

WOW!  This doesn't say a whole lot about their target audience does it?

• Love 12
1 hour ago, toodles said:

Spoons are the things that look like a shovel, right?  

I think shovels are those thingys used to perform work, so we can forget that reference right away.

• Love 22
13 hours ago, louannems said:

There is a comment I want to make about this part of the sentence, but I will keep it to myself. *whistles*

3 hours ago, Albanyguy said:

That's the kind of funny picture you used to keep private to laugh at between yourselves.  Everything does not belong on social media.  I'm also addressing that to friends and family who post about every little thing several times a day.  Jill is right in line with a lot of people on social media.  Nothing is private. 

• Love 10