Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

You took the words right out of my mouth.  What’s next, a peanut butter and jelly sandwich?

That one may require a video and more explicit step by step instructions.  HA!  Has anyone in this country not heard of cinnamon toast?  I mean really?  No offense if you haven't.  If I were not blocked on twitter I would ask some detailed questions about this cinnamon toast.  At least Pioneer Woman put a different twist on it.  Everyone still thought it was stupid to put on a cooking show.

• Love 10
(edited)
2 hours ago, doodlebug said:

Well, the day has arrived, she is posting recipes for toast!  We knew it would come to this!

I hope she posts her recipe for ice cubes soon. We're having a heatwave here and I really need to cool down.

ETA: Oops, GeeGolly beat me to it!

Edited by Albanyguy
  • Love 13
Just now, GeeGolly said:

My bad.

Glasses are store in cupboards. A typical 12 oz glass serves one. And to get really fancy like @Madtown, you can add one or two ices cubes (frozen squares of water from the freezer).

Sometimes my Best Hubby Ever brings home lemon from the store and we slice it and squeeze lemon into the water!!

#besthubbyevah

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

Forget the recipe.  It is fairly complicated so just do what I do and buy a bag of it.  I don't have enough time today to walk you through the steps.  One day I will write a blog about it with pictures.

Thank you for the helpful tip. I had no idea you could buy bags of these so called ice cubes.

2 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

My bad.

Glasses are store in cupboards. A typical 12 oz glass serves one. And to get really fancy like @Madtown, you can add one or two ices cubes (frozen squares of water from the freezer).

Sometimes my Best Hubby Ever brings home lemon from the store and we slice it and squeeze lemon into the water!!

I think I'll stick to Natalie68's idea of buying a bag of ice cubes. That recipe sounds really complicatied..

• Love 10
(edited)

I actually tried a modified version of Jill's recipe for cinnamon toast. It was pretty good. I put the excess sugar in a jar marked cinnamon sugar. (I mixed it myself, just used an old glass jar to store cinnamon sugar.)

I too, wondered how she toasted the bread. Did she use a modern toaster? Or use a panini-type press? Or put under it the broiler? Or use a toasting fork over a campfire? Or use eighteenth century manual iron toaster like at Colonial Williamsburg in honor of the Fourth (of July)?

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 10
6 hours ago, mimionthebeach said:

In Ontario, we're bracing for... excitement.  ?

I'm in Ontario too.  I'm hoping the heat affects his brain and things won't be quite so...exciting.

Regarding the Cinnamon Toast recipe, I think the photo of Israel is what makes this recipe a big fail.  Shouldn't he have a huge smile on his face if this is so good? 

• Love 10
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Cinnamon Toast Recipe

Jul 2, 2018 | Recipes | 0 

This was one of my brother’s (Joseph) favorite breakfast items when we were all kids. It may not be super healthy, but makes for a fun treat occasionally.

4 slices whole wheat bread (toasted)

4 T. Butter (melted)

2 T. Cinnamon

1/2 C. Sugar

Toast your bread, then butter it with the melted butter (about 1 TB per slice or less…has to have enough butter to make the cinnamon sugar stick).  In a bowl, mix cinnamon and sugar. Pour some of the cinnamon sugar mixture onto your toast, then pour off. Do this about 4 or 5 times and rotate the bread each time so that each of the edges gets a good coating. Enjoy!

3C10444A-E893-4F85-A6CD-6EF3E50651CD.jpeg

62973A88-FBC3-41F9-BC13-9D25C1530B84.jpeg

I’m so glad she made it healthy with the whole wheat bread and not the Devil’s white bread. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

What I think is this:  Dillweed is a picker and chooser of the bible stuff he likes.  I know he's far from being the only one who does this, but it chaps my ass.

And, to boot, he pisses and moans about what other people choose to do, that don't affect him one whit!  He's just a hateful ass-chapper in so many ways, it's pathetic.

I would really love to be a fly on the wall at the TTH to hear what JB thinks about his brilliant match-making choice for his favorite daughter.  Or does Boob just go to the prayer closet with his head ready to explode?  TLC should film some of that drama.

LOL, my new favorite terms!

• Love 6

Say "my brother Joseph's favorite," not "my brother's (Joseph) favorite," you dumbass. That is an elementary school-level error! 

I bet she leaves those bits of burned toast in the container with the cinnamon-sugar for next time. Gross. 

I've always just buttered the toast, not melted the butter and then put it on the toast. 

• Love 14
9 minutes ago, Pingaponga said:

Regarding the Cinnamon Toast recipe, I think the photo of Israel is what makes this recipe a big fail.  Shouldn't he have a huge smile on his face if this is so good? 

She forgot to tell Izzy the Enjoy! part of the recipe.

• Love 7
11 minutes ago, Pingaponga said:

I'm in Ontario too.  I'm hoping the heat affects his brain and things won't be quite so...exciting.

Good point! She has no clue how to market that stuff. Image is everything.

• Love 1
(edited)

I apologise for anyone not viewing on mobile and who might not be able to see the emoji, but ...

??‍♀️??‍♀️??‍♀️

Edited by McManda
  • Love 3

New blog post.......

Our 4th Anniversary in 24hrs!

Jul 2, 2018 | Family Blog, Photos| 0 

Thanks to both of our parents for their generosity and Derick’s mom who babysat both boys for the first time overnight, we were given a wonderful 4th anniversary! We stayed local and had a wonderful time! Here are some pictures and videos from our fun weekend. 

Caption for picture:

When we got home, Derick made steaks (from one of my family’s cows! lol) for a late dinner.

34A926D7-09C8-43B9-909E-4A1E578B4ED8.jpeg

• Love 3
20 hours ago, DragonFaerie said:

In looking for something else, I found this Bible quote.  I'm guessing Derelick doesn't read Proverbs.

Proverbs 21:23    King James Bible
Whoso keepeth his mouth and his tongue keepeth his soul from troubles.

While not from the Bible I also like "It is better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than open it and remove all doubt."

• Love 16

Chef Dreck fried up a T Bone steak to say FU to the Duggs for banishing them from the wedding.

The Dillys love their steak.

Where or where is a green veg?

Vegetables are expensive...they cut out vegs, saving money for more steak.....

• Love 9
26 minutes ago, Heathen said:

Say "my brother Joseph's favorite," not "my brother's (Joseph) favorite," you dumbass. That is an elementary school-level error! 

They do that parentheses thing constantly and it looks stupid as fuck. Instead of saying "I (Jill) ate this often growing up" just write in the third person: "Jill ate this often growing up." What a bunch of illiterate clowns. 

• Love 17
(edited)

They just eat steak with nothing else? Jill the cook is too dumb to realize how sad that meal look.

Also, are they going to post pics of their private celebration. They've posted pics from their bed before...

Edited by Future Cat Lady
phrasing
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Cinnamon Toast Recipe

Jul 2, 2018 | Recipes | 0 

This was one of my brother’s (Joseph) favorite breakfast items when we were all kids. It may not be super healthy, but makes for a fun treat occasionally.

4 slices whole wheat bread (toasted)

4 T. Butter (melted)

2 T. Cinnamon

1/2 C. Sugar

Toast your bread, then butter it with the melted butter (about 1 TB per slice or less…has to have enough butter to make the cinnamon sugar stick).  In a bowl, mix cinnamon and sugar. Pour some of the cinnamon sugar mixture onto your toast, then pour off. Do this about 4 or 5 times and rotate the bread each time so that each of the edges gets a good coating. Enjoy!

3C10444A-E893-4F85-A6CD-6EF3E50651CD.jpeg

62973A88-FBC3-41F9-BC13-9D25C1530B84.jpeg

Seriously. I cannot believe it. I was actually going to tweet her today asking if she had any good recipes for toast she could share!!  I can’t believe she really did it!!!

• Love 10
34 minutes ago, AussiesRule said:

She forgot to tell Izzy the Enjoy! part of the recipe.

Maybe she'll post an accompanying video where she prompts him, "is it yummy?!"

• Love 7

I think that this was a lot of work for her. She actually re-sized the recipe from:

Toast a loaf of bread.

Spread margarine (or butter!) on each slice.

Mix a bag of sugar with a bottle of cinnamon

Dump cinnamon/sugar on toast, and dump off excess

Repeat with remaining slices of toast.

Serve with a glass of milk and sliced fresh fruit.

• Love 9
(edited)
5 minutes ago, Triple P said:

I don't know what this is.

Cinnamon sugar.  Already prepared and ready to sprinkle on toast.  My mother wouldn't buy them.  She made her own and stored it in a Tupperware shaker.  I could eat a whole loaf of cinnamon toast.  Good stuff especially on cold mornings with a cup of cocoa.

Edited by beagletime
didn't compelte post
  • Love 10
59 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

New blog post.......

Thanks to both of our parents for their generosity and Derick’s mom who babysat both boys for the first time overnight, we were given a wonderful 4th anniversary! We stayed local and had a wonderful time! Here are some pictures and videos from our fun weekend. 

Caption for picture:

When we got home, Derick made steaks (from one of my family’s cows! lol) for a late dinner.

She needed to make a whole blog post for this?! She could have simply made an Instagram post with this picture and caption, and tagged Cathy and her parents. Professional bloggers don't update every freaking hour and they only post blog worthy stuff. It's obvious they're just doing it for hits on their website, I think even the leghumpers have realized this.

• Love 11
7 minutes ago, Triple P said:

I don't know what this is.

Sorry, I forget how many youngins are posters here. These McCormick cinnamon & sugar shakers were always in our cupboard growing up. They came in different characters as well.

• Love 4
Just now, GeeGolly said:

Sorry, I forget how many youngins are posters here. These McCormick cinnamon & sugar shakers were always in our cupboard growing up. They came in different characters as well.

I am 43...I wish I still felt like a youngin! ?

My mom mixed cinnamon and sugar and kept it in a little dark orange tupperware bowl too @beagletime.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Lunera said:

She needed to make a whole blog post for this?! She could have simply made an Instagram post with this picture and caption, and tagged Cathy and her parents. Professional bloggers don't update every freaking hour and they only post blog worthy stuff. It's obvious they're just doing it for hits on their website, I think even the leghumpers have realized this.

She's doing this to distract from her husband's twitter feed. She wants the latest articles to be about her sweet and informative and maybe goofy blogposts, not Derick's tweets. 

• Love 4

Hits are what it’s all about. That’s  why their video congratulating Josiah and Lauren is on their site. That’s the only video so far from any siblings. There isn’t even one from Jim Bob and Michelle, yet.

• Love 4
23 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I remember the yellow one, but my grandma always had the Domino version.

s-l1000.jpg

• Love 4
46 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Jill's eating a hunk of cow with no sides and a Taco Bell soda? If that's an anniversary dinner then ... never mind.

Eating her special anniversary dinner while sitting in front of her laptop, so romantic.

• Love 19
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Caption for picture:

Are they on some sort of low carb diet? Who just plates up a slab of meat with nothing to accompany it? I mean, even just a piece of bread and a dollop of sauce/dip/sour cream and some veg would've made it better.

• Love 11

A half cup of sugar for four slices of toast is two tablespoons of sugar per slice! Cinnamon toast is a frequent breakfast in my house (one that young children can help with - use this angle Jill!), and it comes to 1/2 teaspoon of sugar per slice. 

If she meant for there to be excess cinnamon sugar, isn’t that wasteful? I know there is no cohesion to her recipes, so I don’t even know why I am going there, but how can you post those cheap-o feeds 18 recipes and also post a recipe with waste? Or worse, used cinnamon sugar with butter and bread crumbs? 

It took my reading several posts to realize the cinnamon toast was not a satire post by one of you.

• Love 23
12 minutes ago, Vaysh said:

Are they on some sort of low carb diet? Who just plates up a slab of meat with nothing to accompany it? I mean, even just a piece of bread and a dollop of sauce/dip/sour cream and some veg would've made it better.

Maybe they had the first course with vegetables at Taco Bell.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

New blog post.......

Caption for picture:

So the kids are with Grandma for the night and Jill wears jean shorts and a t-shirt?  It looks like she put some effort into brushing her hair, but why the super casual outfit?  Would it kill her to wear a dress?

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Mollie said:

Maybe they had the first course with vegetables at Taco Bell.

Stop at Taco Bell for some fresh veg, then home for the main course of steak no trimmings, leave again for some fries at Burger King, then right back home for some cinnamon toast dessert.

• Love 12
(edited)
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

I'm 53 and I've never seen pre-mixed cinnamon sugar like that, either. I mix it up and keep it in a shaker, so I don't have to get toast bits in in when I make cinnamon toast, Jill.

Is steak the only thing Dreck cooks? It seems like every time she mentions him making anything, it is a slab-o-cow.

Edited by jcbrown
Edited because typos
  • Love 19
4 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

So the kids are with Grandma for the night and Jill wears jean shorts and a t-shirt?  It looks like she put some effort into brushing her hair, but why the super casual outfit?  Would it kill her to wear a dress?

They went to Olive Garden before they picked up the children. Here’s that picture, with Jill wearing the same clothes she went hiking in earlier that day. 

31D895C1-FE0B-4C65-82C1-1C64C8DBD70A.jpeg

• Love 3