Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

I think Jill watches Netflix like the rest of us.

Jill should be helping Samuel learn to talk.  The kid is 15-months-old and should be able to speak several words.  Yet, he has never been videoed by Jill saying simple words like Mama or Papa.  I know there were severe complications when he was born and maybe he is suffering long-term effects from oxygen deprivation during birth. Samuel seldom smiles, either.  He always looks like he doesn't understand what is happening around him.

• Love 3
20 hours ago, QuinnInND said:

Who wants to bet she took the kids too? And forced them to sit quietly on the floor or something. 

I'm pretty sure the classmate who posted on Reddit would have mentioned it if she had brought the kids. I think she attends class with Derick to get away from them.

Continuing on @lookeyloo's theme. I think Jill has been taking her kids outside all along. However, it may be that their after-dinner routine included time with daddy and now that he's not there as often, she was at a loss as to what to do to fill those long hours between dinner and bedtime. Hence the friend suggesting the great outdoors and a couple of balls. Plus, it sounds like she packed them up and went to the park since I don't recall seeing any ditches in their backyard.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Oldernowiser said:

Actually, to me he looks like he understands all too well. “Well, great, my dad’s a sanctimonious self-centered unemployable putz and my mother’s a well-intentioned brainwashed idiot. Looks like it’s going to be up to that giant kid and me to keep this ship of fools afloat.”

What’s he got to smile about?

Unfortunately, it appears that there is all too little difference between the look of sincere perplexity and outright demoralization.

• Love 8

I can't be the only one that just thought of something like this.

OK, here it is.  Dillweed & Jill seem to share a brain.  The downside to this, of course, is that when one learns anything new, the other one loses an equivalent number of words, sentences, or whatever it happened to be.

I'm sure I read upthread that at least one other poster thought that Jill has regressed as of lately.  Could it be due to Dillweed going back to school, and learning new words, or even new thoughts, to crowd out all his previous hateful thoughts he's had in the last months or years?  Wouldn't that be nice?

Weird, I know.

• Love 3
52 minutes ago, Albanyguy said:

And then she'll tell us that boiled water is so versatile! You can put a teabag in it and it'll turn into an easy, super amazing hot beverage!

Now, now, stop teasing! It's late here and I'm heading off to bed, but don't make Jilly Bean's head explode with tea! Black proper tea, herbal tea, green tea...and they all require different stages of water boiling or not as the case might be, so perhaps she could actually learn how to boil water properly first.

What did I ever do before the Duggars and this Forum came into my life? Where else could I snark so delightfully?

'night all...........

• Love 22
3 hours ago, Albanyguy said:

And then she'll tell us that boiled water is so versatile! You can put a teabag in it and it'll turn into an easy, super amazing hot beverage! Or you could put a spoonful of instant cocoa in it to make hot chocolate! Or add a simple bullion cube and it becomes a fast, yummy chicken soup dinner for the whole family (add two bullion cubes if you need soup for fifteen or more people)!!!

OMG.  This post just really made me LMAO.  Jills recipes are just so snarkworthy. 

• Love 10
3 hours ago, TresGatos said:

He's probably picturing his own glorious confirmation to the highest court in the land because it's God's will! 

I 100% believe this is his goal. Because he is that arrogant and delusional.  

Edited by Trillium
  • Love 19
19 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

Slow down! You are going way too fast for me. Next thing you are going to tell me is that you can add dry pasta to the boiling water and it will cook! 

I quickly read your post as "you can add dry PANTS to the boiling water." I had a quick picture in my mind of Jilly doing the laundry in a big pot on the stove pioneer style.  Time for new glasses....

• Love 21
1 hour ago, TresGatos said:

He's probably picturing his own glorious confirmation to the highest court in the land because it's God's will! 

That, or he stands in front of a mirror with a monocle and has Jill call him 'Senator Dillard'.

• Love 20
On 10/3/2018 at 6:30 PM, lookeyloo said:

It was really nice to walk over there and have a meal with him, and then I'd have to go home, bathe the babies and get them into bed and sit alone...  When he was home he was studying or exhausted and sleeping.  So while I love to snark on the Duggars/Dillards, I think maybe I have a clue why she goes to eat with him.  

Same thing here.  My husband was active duty army and spent a lot of time deployed, so when he was stateside, I tried to make sure the kids had lots of time with him.  When he had CQ (an overnight indoor guard duty), the kids and I would bring him supper and hang out and watch a movie with him or play games in the dayroom.  Yeah, he was just across the base and would be home in the morning, but he spent so much time away that we felt we needed to take advantage of opportunities to be together.

• Love 12

New blog post:

Thalia’s Chicken Spaghetti Sauce

Oct 8, 2018 | Recipes | 0 

A friend of mine, Thalia, gave my family (the Duggars) this recipe back several years ago. It’s quite tasty and great when you’re not looking to count the calories. lol And it’s another recipe that’s easy to throw together when feeding a crowd. This recipe feeds about 6-8 people.

2 lbs. angel hair noodles (cooked)

Sauce:

1 green bell pepper

1 onion

2 T. garlic

2 sticks butter*

1 can cream of mushroom

2 cans cream. of chicken

1 can tomato soup

1 can diced tomatoes

2 cans mild rotel

2 tsp. chicken boullion

4 cups chicken (diced, cooked), or 3 cans of chicken

salt & pepper to taste

In large skillet or pot, sauté peppers, onion and garlic with butter. Add remaining ingredients and simmer 20 min. stirring occasionally. Serve with about 2 lbs. cooked angel hair noodles!

*or olive oil

FDB9AC33-A2E4-4AE9-87FD-7A8EEDA5A616.png

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

New blog post:

Thalia’s Chicken Spaghetti Sauce

Oct 8, 2018 | Recipes | 0 

A friend of mine, Thalia, gave my family (the Duggars) this recipe back several years ago. It’s quite tasty and great when you’re not looking to count the calories. lol And it’s another recipe that’s easy to throw together when feeding a crowd. This recipe feeds about 6-8 people.

2 lbs. angel hair noodles (cooked)

Sauce:

1 green bell pepper

1 onion

2 T. garlic

2 sticks butter*

1 can cream of mushroom

2 cans cream. of chicken

1 can tomato soup

1 can diced tomatoes

2 cans mild rotel

2 tsp. chicken boullion

4 cups chicken (diced, cooked), or 3 cans of chicken

salt & pepper to taste

In large skillet or pot, sauté peppers, onion and garlic with butter. Add remaining ingredients and simmer 20 min. stirring occasionally. Serve with about 2 lbs. cooked angel hair noodles!

*or olive oil

FDB9AC33-A2E4-4AE9-87FD-7A8EEDA5A616.png

Good god!  Have some fat and salt over your white flour!  That is not healthy.  Two lbs of pasta is a lot, and only four cups of meat, so one tablespoon per serving?  And one measly pepper?  Jill needs to modernise her recipes.

• Love 17

Mmmm.. Jill's famous 10 Can* Pasta. I think we should measure her recopies by how man cans of something go in them. I'm sure she thought she was impressing the word by using one fresh green bell pepper. See, they eat green veggies!

And it’s another recipe that’s easy to throw together when feeding a crowd

"I threw this together. It's what I think of you and your group."

* Assuming use of 3 cans of chicken. Who'd ever want fresh chicken? Not her friend Thalia, that's for sure!

Edit: Celia Rubenstein beat me to the can count! Great minds...

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 14
13 minutes ago, queenanne said:

Er, what on earth would be the equivalent in olive oil, of 2 sticks (!?) of butter??

As I eyeball my olive oil pourings, I can't even imagine!

1 stick of butter equals 1/2 cup. So there's a cup of pure fat in that recipe.

ETA: I simply can't imagine using a cup of butter/oil to saute one onion and one pepper. At most you'd need a tablespoon.

Edited by scriggle
  • Love 18

Somebody mark down the date.  Jill posted a picture that did not look like a plate of vomit. 

The recipe is still kinda crappy, full of additives, preservatives, sodium, sugar and fat.   But the photo is definitely a step up.  

• Love 15
15 minutes ago, queenanne said:

Er, what on earth would be the equivalent in olive oil, of 2 sticks (!?) of butter??

As I eyeball my olive oil pourings, I can't even imagine!

I looked it up. You would need 3/4 a cup of olive oil.   That's more oil than I use in a week. In just one dish. I feel kinda sick thinking about it. I can't imagine eating it. 

What does that stuff look like when it cools down in the fridge and the butter solidifies? I'm guessing it must get crusted over and slimy as the sauce breaks apart. Nasty!

ETA but I agree with @leighdear the photo is a big improvement over what Jill usually shows us.  I especially like how she dug up a piece of the green pepper to put on top. If I didn't know what was in it (or who made it), I might be tempted to taste it! 

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 13
2 minutes ago, graefin said:

On the plus side--there are vegetables, and they aren't green beans? ?‍♀️

Yep, one green pepper and one onion split six ways.  They each get a tablespoon of veg along with their can and a half of crap,  5+ ounces of pasta, and third of a cup of pure fat.

• Love 16
10 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

What does that stuff look like when it cools down in the fridge and the butter solidifies? I'm guessing it must get crusted over and slimy as the sauce breaks apart. Nasty!

That's a problem the Duggars probably never have so I can let them pass on that part.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, doodlebug said:

Yep, one green pepper and one onion split six ways.  They each get a tablespoon of veg along with their can and a half of crap,  5+ ounces of pasta, and third of a cup of pure fat.

Two ounces of uncooked pasta makes one cup cooked.  So six servings would be almost three cups pasta each! Along with a tiny bit of protein and a sliver of pepper!  Rediculous!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, louannems said:

Have some fat and salt over your white flour! 

I can think of many other ways that I could die than by eating this mess. I lost the sodium count at about 2000 mgs per person. One being chocolate. 

• Love 8
26 minutes ago, louannems said:

Two ounces of uncooked pasta makes one cup cooked.  So six servings would be almost three cups pasta each! Along with a tiny bit of protein and a sliver of pepper!  Rediculous!

It seems pretty clear to me that Jill knows less than nothing about cooking and doesn't have the vaguest idea how to translate a recipe into proper servings.  The photo she is using shows far more chicken and peppers and far less pasta than a 'typical' serving of her recipe would provide.  I am not a cook, not by a long shot, but even I know 2 sticks of butter is one heckuvalot and that 3 cans of chicken is not much at all for 6-8 people and not even close to the amount in 4 cups of cooked fresh chicken.  The school of the dining room table strikes again.

• Love 13