Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

I have to say I like Jill in jeans. She looks like a cute, normal mom. I have nothing against maxi skirts, and own a few myself, but when paired with faded, stretched-out tees, the overall look is so frumpy. And to add to what was stated above, I agree jeans in front of her parents is a big step. Alyssa Bates hasn't even made that move yet.

Yes, Alyssa has. She wore jeans at her place when they had Allie's first birthday party. I think she wore a dress for the actual party, but she wore jeans during the prep stage. However, I haven't seen her wear jeans at Him and Kelly's. Has Jill worn jeans to the TTH? I don't recall one way or another.

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I'm guessing because it doesn't read that way on the surface. Nose piercings and pants feel like a little step toward self-expression and independent thoughts. A SAHM not feeding her family and cleaning the house feels like selfish laziness.

But who knows, maybe Jessa is the unsung rebel of all the daughters.

Plus, wearing jeans and getting your nose pierced, are active choices.  ‘not cooking or cleaning’, are passive choices.  I did like that Jessa isn’t afraid to get in there and play kid games on a kid level, like that oddly familiar tromping around the kitchen island in circles dragging toys on strings.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Albanyguy said:

It's like the old Totie Fields joke: "When I got married, I told my husband to pick one room he wanted me to focus all my energy on. He didn't pick the kitchen." Obviously, neither did Ben.

"Joyful availability or me doing the cooking. You can only have one. And you've already tried my cooking."

Living in an extremely patriarchal community and still having your husband do the cooking is practically subversive. I respect that a lot more than those who do what they were brought up for. 

• Love 20
5 hours ago, lascuba said:

"Joyful availability or me doing the cooking. You can only have one. And you've already tried my cooking."

Living in an extremely patriarchal community and still having your husband do the cooking is practically subversive. I respect that a lot more than those who do what they were brought up for. 

I hope Jessa is being subversive.  I don't give Jill a lot of props for the nose piercing and jeans.  She did those things to get attention.  I'll bet Derwood told her to do it so they would get some hits on their website and she followed his instructions.  I like that Jessa doesn't seem to be as submissive, no matter what she says -- actions speak louder than words.  I also feel sorrier for Jessa than Jill.  I think she is a bright girl who has been severely held back by her doofus parents.  Jill is simply clueless and doesn't seem to care to learn.

• Love 20
30 minutes ago, Zahdii said:

Poor Izzy being forced to sit through a Dave Ramsey financial seminal reminds me of the time I was quite small and for some strange reason my folks took me to watch a car race.  It was hot and we sat on the aluminum stands at our county fair grounds while all these cars went whizzing around the track.

Me:  "Who's winning?", I'd ask, thoroughly bored.

Them:  "No one.  The race hasn't started yet.  They're still warming up."

Repeat a few more times.

Finally, the race started and I couldn't believe it. 

Me:  "Are you sure they're racing?  They look like they're still warming up."

Them:  "They're racing."

Me:  "Who's winning?"

Them:  "Number 12."

Me:  "Which one is that?"

Them:  "The green and blue one that just passed in front of us."

I stared hard.  The green and blue one looked just like all the others, zipping around the track endlessly.  There were other cars around it, some ahead of it, some behind it, and some on the opposite side of the track.

Me:  "How can you tell they're winning?"

Them:  "The announcer tells us who's ahead."

Me:  "How does he know?"

Them:  "He knows.  Just watch."

Me:  "Why are they racing?"

Them:  "To see who's the fastest."

Me:  "Why don't they just drive in a straight line until they cross the finish line?"

Them:  "That's a different kind of racing.  Those are short races.  This one takes longer, so they have to keep going around until someone wins."

Me:  "Why don't they race on a road so they don't have to keep going around and around?"

Them:  "That's another kind of racing.  This way we can watch the whole time.  If they were driving down a road we could only see the cars when they drove past us during the race."

Me:  "How do they know when the race is done?"

Them:  "When someone has gone around enough times, they've won."

Me:  "How many times do they have to go around?"

Them:  "A million."  (I'm sure it was less than that, but it might as well have been a million laps from my point of view.)

Me:  "How many times have they gone around so far?"

Them:  "Twenty five."

I gave up and went to sleep.  I later heard my mother telling someone that it was a terrible mistake to take me to the races.

I've (thankfully) never been subjected to watching a car race, but pretty much have the same internal monologue whenever NASCAR stuff is brought up.

• Love 22
2 hours ago, Zahdii said:

I hate that the Duggars pull this "We're too Godly to watch TV" stuff, then watch TV on their computers.  Unless you're Josh, who forgot to hide his TV a couple of times back when he was still on the show.  And of course don't forget the picture taken on election night at the TTH that showed a large drop down projection screen in the massive living room.

While I'm at it, I really doubt that three year old Isreal wants to forego the childrens room so he can sleep through a financial seminar being given by Dave Ramsey.

I think Jinger and Jeremy have a TV as well. When the family came to Laredo and was hiding in the master bedroom to surprise Jinger, there was a black cable cord hanging from the top of the wall. You wouldn't just randomly have a cord dangling with nothing hooked up to it, so I think they moved the TV prior to filming.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Zahdii said:

While I'm at it, I really doubt that three year old Isreal wants to forego the childrens room so he can sleep through a financial seminar being given by Dave Ramsey.

Jim Sammons Financial Freedom. Dave Ramsey is a douche, but the's never been associated with the Duggars or Gothard.

Edited to ad this gem from the testimonials;

How a Businessman Received Forgiveness From the IRS

A 55-year-old Christian businessman got involved in a partnership and was facing an IRS investigation, with expected fines of up to $40,000. His partners had been dishonest with him, and it looked as though he might lose his home. After completing the Financial Freedom Seminar, he totally surrendered himself to God, realizing his violations of Scriptural principles. Within a week, he received a letter from the IRS stating that the charges had been dropped.

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I've (thankfully) never been subjected to watching a car race, but pretty much have the same internal monologue whenever NASCAR stuff is brought up.

I was dragged to a Carl Sagan lecture when I was 7 and sick with bronchitis. Zahdii & Jynnan, at least you got to see pretty colored cars go round and round.

• Love 8
13 minutes ago, lulu69 said:

'Cause there's nothing a 3 yr old likes better than a good financial seminar.

Leave Paw Patrol and goldfish crackers to those heathen hell bound 3 yr olds who are buried in debt. 

To be fair, we’ve seen Izzy have both those things in his life, ? 

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Exactly, because when it comes to three year-olds, nothing engages them more like sitting them down in front of a computer to watch an old man give a lecture on something they have no concept of. Another parenting gold star for Jilly!

Izzy probably understands it better than his two nitwit parents do.

I’m pretty sure Dave Ramsey would have some choice words for Derick’s decision to go to law school when he already has an accounting degree and a family. 

I assume Austin, Joy, and Gideon are living in an RV because they are committed to living debt-free and/or living exclusively on Austin’s income.

Contrast that with whatever creative financing is going on in the Dillard house. 

I wonder what each couple thinks of the other. 

• Love 15
5 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Exactly, because when it comes to three year-olds, nothing engages them more like sitting them down in front of a computer to watch an old man give a lecture on something they have no concept of. Another parenting gold star for Jilly!

Does anyone remember back when Michelle was still doing the home-fooling, she taught a lesson on bankruptcy? “Children,can you say bankruptcy?” The Duggar’s financial planning indoctrination starts early.

• Love 9
47 minutes ago, bythelake said:

Does anyone remember back when Michelle was still doing the home-fooling, she taught a lesson on bankruptcy? “Children,can you say bankruptcy?” The Duggar’s financial planning indoctrination starts early.

Michelle did that because her own sister had just filed for bankruptcy and Michelle wanted her kids to know how bad their aunt was.  All she needed was less than $2,000 to catch up the back payments on her mobile home due to a bout of unemployment, but Michelle refused to help her.  Her sister, Evelyn Ruark, is a lesbian. 

Counting On.jpg

• Love 16

I really, really don't want to seem like I'm defending Michelle in any way, but that bankruptcy lesson we saw was during the first special when they were all still crowded in that rental home. I don't think--and I could totally be wrong--that they had quite that much money to spare back then. 

• Love 13
On 9/24/2018 at 10:26 AM, Christina87 said:

I literally couldn't agree more. If both parties worked, and Bin didn't like Jessa's food, then he could take over. However, it is Jessa's job, IMO, especially with all the bragging they do about their gender roles. Also, I think being healthy is legitimately a good reason to change how you cook. If I made really unhealthy meals, I would hope my husband would speak up and explain that they're unhealthy, and teach me about food, instead of just giving up and doing it himself on top of working. Health is absolutely a reason to change, as it will help your family live longer! Now, some men ARE impossible to please. My last ex literally only would eat pizza, macaroni and cheese, and burgers (I wish I was joking...and I envied his metabolism, as he wasn't even overweight!). Anything I made, he always had an excuse why he couldn't eat it. "I don't like bones. I'm not a mayonnaise fan. I don't really eat broccoli." I would ask what he DID like, and it always came back to...pizza, macaroni, burgers. Not homemade either. So at that point I just said, "I'll make what I want for dinner, and if you want to join me, you can. Otherwise, you can be responsible for getting whatever takeout you want." Only in that extreme circumstance would that happen, though. All my other boyfriends have loved my cooking, and happily eaten whatever was on their plate, and my dream is to be a SAHM and cook things my husband loves every night! My dad has colitis, so sometimes my mom has to accommodate him...or he just doesn't like something...and she doesn't have a problem making him a separate side, etc. It doesn't have to be rocket science to please someone! Jessa is just too lazy to try, and Bin is too passive aggressive. 

This made me laugh.  I hate mayo with the heat of a million suns.  Can't smell it, can't touch it, can't eat it.  I have though made it for my husband when we needed it.  I stood VERY far away from the mixer and I have no idea if it tasted right.  He said it did.  If I even know mayo is in something I cannot eat it.  Most things I can tolerate or pick out what I don't like, but mayo?  If I were a spy and someone wanted info from me all they would have to do is threaten me with mayo and I would sing like a bird.

• Love 10
5 minutes ago, lascuba said:

A woman after my own heart! That's how you do it! 

If nothing else, Jessa let Ben name their first child Spurgeon. She should never consider his food likes for the rest of their lives for that one alone. 

HA!   I may have also cut the cords to his video game console because he kept forgetting to return the actual games back when one rented them.  My temper is a bit better now!  And he isn't so irresponsible!  When I told my coworker this she laughed.  

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Mollie said:

Michelle did that because her own sister had just filed for bankruptcy and Michelle wanted her kids to know how bad their aunt was.  All she needed was less than $2,000 to catch up the back payments on her mobile home due to a bout of unemployment, but Michelle refused to help her.  Her sister, Evelyn Ruark, is a lesbian. 

Counting On.jpg

Michelle’s sister’s assets totaled around $2400, and that included a 1994 Nissan pickup worth $1200. The sister owed approx $45,000 on credit cards. I think going bankrupt was for the best. 

• Love 12
20 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I think Jinger and Jeremy have a TV as well. When the family came to Laredo and was hiding in the master bedroom to surprise Jinger, there was a black cable cord hanging from the top of the wall. You wouldn't just randomly have a cord dangling with nothing hooked up to it, so I think they moved the TV prior to filming.

Jinger and Jeremy definitely have a big screen TV.

Screen Shot 2018-09-26 at 8.26.52 PM.png

Edited by AussiesRule
  • Love 10

Michelle and Jim Bob wouldn't loan her sister $2,000? I wonder if Evelyn was married to a man and had a couple of kids, would they have helped.

"Whatsoever you do to the least of my brothers..... that you do unto Me."..Jesus Christ? circa 33AD?

What counterfeit Christians Michelle and Jim Bob are....and to think she donated $500 to Jill Rodriguez.

• Love 10
33 minutes ago, floridamom said:

Michelle and Jim Bob wouldn't loan her sister $2,000? I wonder if Evelyn was married to a man and had a couple of kids, would they have helped.

"Whatsoever you do to the least of my brothers..... that you do unto Me."..Jesus Christ? circa 33AD?

What counterfeit Christians Michelle and Jim Bob are....and to think she donated $500 to Jill Rodriguez.

She didn’t need $2,000, she needed $45,000, and lending money to Michelle’s sister was/is a bad idea.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, kokapetl said:

She didn’t need $2,000, she needed $45,000, and lending money to Michelle’s sister was/is a bad idea.

For a millionaire that named their child Jubilee, she's certainly stingy with forgiving debt. They've pissed away far more than that on useless things...

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 9

Realistically, you don't loan a family member money for credit card debt, because it's highly unlikely that they'd ever pay it back. You can give them the money if you want to, but expecting her to pay it back would be an exercise in frustration.

While the Duggars were definitely living below their means, at that time they didn't have that kind of cash to just give away. JB had wasted I forget how much on that Senate campaign by that point, they didn't have a regular series with TLC, and they were still working on the TTH on their own. If they had a million in assets, very little of it would have been liquid. And unless my sister--who I grew up with and am close to, unlike Michelle and any of her siblings--needs medical care or is on the verge of homelessness, I'm not about to sell property to give her money. Bankruptcy is no walk in the park, but it's a reasonable option when in that much debt. I know a couple of people who've done it, it sucks but they were able to build up after it.

• Love 11
14 hours ago, lascuba said:

I really, really don't want to seem like I'm defending Michelle in any way, but that bankruptcy lesson we saw was during the first special when they were all still crowded in that rental home. I don't think--and I could totally be wrong--that they had quite that much money to spare back then. 

Could be.  I didn't see any early shows, so I don't know the timeline, or when they crossed over to big bucks.  I just see Michelle as a judger of whom would "deserve" help, and all about Me-Chelle.

• Love 2
15 hours ago, Mollie said:

Counting On.jpg

I like the sister better already 

• Love 13