Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

Regarding the cooking, if you go to any major food brand's website (Kraft, Pillsbury, Betty Crocker etc.) there are hundreds of idiot-proof recipes that are quick and easy. Do these girls not realize resources exist if they want to improve their skills?

Personally I think Jessa's just lazy and Jill's so convinced the Duggar way is best she wouldn't bother to do any research. 

Or, Derick's so busy valiantly praising all of Jill's messes on the "positive reinforcement" principle, that she actually thinks they're good.

• Love 8
9 minutes ago, Zella said:

Jessa's lack of cooking doesn't bother me. The fact that she takes pictures of mounds of dirty diapers in her house and thinks that is normal disgusts me. (To be fair, I hold Ben equally responsible. I am no Martha Stewart when it comes to housekeeping, but seriously, what the hell.) 

I have to say it bothers me. If they both worked, or if Jessa kept a nice house, but just didn't like to cook, I would buy it, too. She does precious little, though. She plays with her kids and posts videos on SM -- that's it. Oh, and sometimes she goes out to lunch with friends.

Bin has his toilet scrubbing "job" and takes on-line classes. That's at least something.

Oh, sorry, I didn't notice that this was the Dullard thread. The exact same can be said for Jill (sans the lunches with friends).

Edited by cmr2014
One more thing . . .
  • Love 12
Just now, cmr2014 said:

I have to say it bothers me. If they both worked, or if Jessa kept a nice house, but just didn't like to cook, I would buy it, too. She does precious little, though. She plays with her kids and posts videos on SM -- that's it. Oh, and sometimes she goes out to lunch with friends.

Bin has his toilet scrubbing "job" and takes on-line classes. That's at least something.

And that's fair enough. I do think if she's going to be home all day while he is out working or doing schoolwork, it makes sense for more of the chores to fall on her. And that would be true if it were the other way around with him staying home and her working and going to school. 

Truthfully, I feel a bit bad for Ben since he has severe allergies. I also have severe allergies, and it makes me sick to dust and use cleaners. It would probably be better for him if Jessa was doing most of the cleaning, especially if he is allergic to dust. But since she won't or can't, he's just going to have to strap on a dorky dust mask and make the best of it and pitch in. 

I just don't see how anyone could live in a house with dirty diapers piled up like that. For me, that's where Ben is responsible. I can't imagine coming home to that and just being like, "Well, okay, we'll just stack dirty diapers here from now on." 

• Love 11
13 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

I have to say it bothers me. If they both worked, or if Jessa kept a nice house, but just didn't like to cook, I would buy it, too. She does precious little, though. She plays with her kids and posts videos on SM -- that's it.

They both "work." Their job is the show. Arguably, it's easy work. But it still takes time and effort, because face it, the cameras aren't just following them around during their day-to-day lives. These scenarios are producer generated and you bet there are retakes and shit of that nature. Jessa, in addition, works via social media to keep her family marketable.

I wouldn't say it's her job to cook any more than it's her husband's, except that these people subscribe to exactly those gender roles. Jessa, though, seems to embraced her lousiness as a chef and is content to eat most of their meals at TTH. Why not, since they're over there all the time, anyway?

• Love 11
12 minutes ago, Zella said:

And that's fair enough. I do think if she's going to be home all day while he is out working or doing schoolwork, it makes sense for more of the chores to fall on her. And that would be true if it were the other way around with him staying home and her working and going to school. 

Truthfully, I feel a bit bad for Ben since he has severe allergies. I also have severe allergies, and it makes me sick to dust and use cleaners. It would probably be better for him if Jessa was doing most of the cleaning, especially if he is allergic to dust. But since she won't or can't, he's just going to have to strap on a dorky dust mask and make the best of it and pitch in

I just don't see how anyone could live in a house with dirty diapers piled up like that. For me, that's where Ben is responsible. I can't imagine coming home to that and just being like, "Well, okay, we'll just stack dirty diapers here from now on." 

I cannot stand to be in an area where someone is using cleaning supplies with strong odors because the smell makes my sinuses and headaches kick in, plus the smell bothers my eyes also.

15 minutes ago, Lunera said:

I thought she didn't like being called a survivor because she didn't fight for anything, God did all the work.

I do recall that. She said she did not do anything. She sat back and let God do all the work.

OMG. You do not think a Dillard stretched the truth, do you???? That is so unlike them *insert sarcastic font*. and eye rolling.

• Love 19
18 minutes ago, Lunera said:

I thought she didn't like being called a survivor because she didn't fight for anything, God did all the work.

Only when she likes to draw attention to herself because we all know God save her for a reason.

Neither Jill or Jessa will win Helpmeet of the Year.

I like that Izzy and Sam have a play kitchen and that Jill lets them help with the baking. It also makes sense that Jill does the majority of cooking because all of Derick's 'jobs' are outside the home. Too bad the helpmeeting is lacking.

We still don't really know that Ben leaves the house to work other than Jessa saying he does during an episode of CO. It does seem as though Ben does more around the house and puts a little more effort into their relationship than Jessa does. Again, too bad the helpmeeting is lacking.

It's like Jill is mirroring 'early' Michelle and Jessa is mirroring 'later' Michelle.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

It's like Jill is mirroring 'early' Michelle and Jessa is mirroring 'later' Michelle.

I agree although in Jill's case I think its more that she can't mirror later Michelle as much as she'd like. I don't think she's able to foist her kids off on Cathy or TTH as much as she wishes she could. I still think both expected to bump up to Michelle's spot. Giving interviews, getting praised, or not having to do any of the real parenting and house running instead making their sisters do that. Jill didn't luck out because her idiot husband dragged her off to Central America where she had no choice but to be the one to parent Israel. Jessa on the other hand has been able to mirror later Michelle.  She has been able to foist her kids off on her sisters-helpers and cleaning also on them and cooking off onto Ben. She learned very well from her mother.  

• Love 9

I make boxed mocha brownies, too. I buy boxed brownie mix, dissolve 4 teaspoons of powdered espresso in 1 tablespoon of hot water, mix it with the brownie ingredients, and bake according to package directions. When they're cool, I cut them in 2"x2" squares, melt a bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips and pipe diagonal lines across each piece, eat the remaining melted chocolate with a spoon, and top each brownie with a chocolate covered coffee bean.

When I was a college student and in different groups, I would bring these to our fundraising bake sales and sell them for $1 each. They usually sold out in the first 15-30 minutes. Now I bring them to the tutoring lab on special occasions, like the first day of the semester or when we're open late in the evenings during finals week. Or, when students get together and bribe me to make them by bringing the ingredients and a Cherry Amp (which I drink instead of coffee).

• Love 20
4 hours ago, lascuba said:

Jessa flat out told Ben that she was a horrible cook back when they were courting. No one can accuse her of false advertisement in the homemaker department. 

I agree, but I bet he thought she was saying it to be "cute." Lots of secular girls think it's adorable to admit that they are lacking in the homemaking department...idk why. I've always thought it was ridiculous, because even if they don't subscribe to gender roles, it's part of being an adult.

I bet that for sure Bin interpreted "I'm a terrible cook" as "I've been so busy with my laundry jurisdiction that I'm not an extremely accomplished cook. I'm okay at it, but don't want to come across as a braggy Miss Perfect. After we marry, since obviously I'm the helpmeet, I will quickly put my all into learning how to cook great meals, and will probably be awesome at it by our first anniversary."

ETA: I agree with everyone who says it's awesome when the husband cooks! And I think Bin is setting a good example for his boys. However, if you're in a marriage where both parties have agreed that one person does the housework, they should do it. To our knowledge, Bin and Jessa never sat down and agreed that Bin would cook because he's better at it. We remember Jessa laughing about practically starving Bin in the first season. She is just so, so lazy and doesn't do her part. I hate when one person has to do all the work in a marriage!

Edited by Christina87
  • Love 15
4 hours ago, Christina87 said:

I agree, but I bet he thought she was saying it to be "cute." Lots of secular girls think it's adorable to admit that they are lacking in the homemaking department...idk why. I've always thought it was ridiculous, because even if they don't subscribe to gender roles, it's part of being an adult.

I bet that for sure Bin interpreted "I'm a terrible cook" as "I've been so busy with my laundry jurisdiction that I'm not an extremely accomplished cook. I'm okay at it, but don't want to come across as a braggy Miss Perfect. After we marry, since obviously I'm the helpmeet, I will quickly put my all into learning how to cook great meals, and will probably be awesome at it by our first anniversary."

ETA: I agree with everyone who says it's awesome when the husband cooks! And I think Bin is setting a good example for his boys. However, if you're in a marriage where both parties have agreed that one person does the housework, they should do it. To our knowledge, Bin and Jessa never sat down and agreed that Bin would cook because he's better at it. We remember Jessa laughing about practically starving Bin in the first season. She is just so, so lazy and doesn't do her part. I hate when one person has to do all the work in a marriage!

3 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

Exactly!!!

I live in the 21st century, and I have no issue with the idea that a man can cook, and do his share of the housework -- that's not what's going on here. The Duggars whole schtick is that they are living in the 19th century, and they wear "modest" clothing, and they "court" instead of "date," and they can't figure out contraception -- and Jesus doesn't want them to anyway, and they conform to rigid gender roles, and as a result are so very, very happy.

Gen2 seems to want it both ways. The women stay home and pop out babies, but the men are expected to help with child care, cooking, and cleaning.

There are plenty of couples where both parties work, but the wife is still expected to do the lions share of cooking, cleaning, and child care -- I'm not okay with that (and most of these women aren't either). On the flip side, I'm not okay with the bs that the Duggar girls spew, either. If they are old fashioned "helpmeets" who stay at home and raise the children, then they should cook and clean as well. Cooking isn't rocket science -- Jessa can get a book and experiment with different recipes. The fact that she still can't cook is 100% Duggar laziness and entitlement. The fact that she left dozens of dirty diapers on a dresser -- and took pictures of them -- shows that she is a pig as well as a lazy, entitled princess.

In the 19th century, girls learned at their mother's knee to cook, clean, and to raise children. Jill (and Jessa, and all the others) learned that breeders don't work.

I agree. Its great that Ben cooks but he doesn't do the cooking because they talked and decided he would be the one to cook. No, he cooks because Jessa is lazy and won't. Just like she's lazy and won't clean. I don't like when one person in the marriage does everything either. That's crappy. Its not that I want the Duggar daughters working to the bone to get food on the table. I doubt Derick cooks much and expects if from Jill when isn't any better. But they also love to brag that their way is better and traditional gender roles and everything the Duggars do is the right and better way. Yet they are crappy at their "better" way. They can't cook and don't clean. Jessa and Jill are both crappy cooks but neither bother to do anything to fix it. Jessa makes Ben do it and Jill thinks she's as good of a cook as she is a midwife. She can't and won't see that she is a crappy cook and crappy midwife. None of the girls have any of the skills they were supposedly raised with except maybe Jana since she had to sew all of Jill and Lauren's bridesmaids dresses. And fix Kendra's dress. Neither girl cleans Jessa gets her sisters to do that instead. Even though she really doesn't have anything to do. What does she do all day? If they had jobs that would be something. But their not suppose to have jobs, taking care of the house and their kids is suppose to be their job. Jessa doesn't do that she farms it out to her sisters or Ben. If they don't do it well Jessa's not going to. Jill only does because she doesn't seem able to farm it out as much as Jessa can. What does Jessa do every day? She doesn't work, she doesn't clean, she doesn't have any hobbies. Jessa's better at PR but every once in awhile let's it slip. Like with the diapers. She thought 'oh I'll be so relatable' see I have a messy house and stacked diapers.  Ah, no there is no real reason to leave that many diapers sitting there stacked up for that long.  

• Love 16
On 9/24/2018 at 1:52 AM, andromeda331 said:

I doubt Derick cooks much and expects if from Jill when isn't any better.

You seem to have forgotten the Flintstonian sized steaks Drek serves up for his lady love. If we are going by sheer poundage, he probably cooks more food than Jill does. 

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 22
55 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

You seem to have forgotten the Flintstonian sized steaks Drek serves up for his lady love. If we care going by sheer poundage, he probably cooks more food than Jill does. 

Oh your right how could I forget that from the best husband in the world?

• Love 7

IIRC, Jessa did do most of the cooking at first and it either all sucked or weren't the kind of healthy meals Ben wanted. It's not lazy to not change how you cook to accommodate someone else, Don't like my cooking? Well, then, you fucking do it. Don't want to? Then STFU about what I cook. I have more than one married friend who adopted that philosophy, and it's worked out nicely. Either they do the cooking because their husband suck even more and refuse to learn, or their husbands taught themselves to cook so they can get the meals they want, because no matter what agreements might have been made in the beginning, it is utterly unfair to ask someone to change how she does things WHEN SHE IS THE ONLY ONE DOING IT.

Edited by lascuba
  • Love 14

On my magnanimous days (no laughing, please), I can almost feel bad for these stunted child-adults. All they know is all they know. They grew up eating cream of crap overcooked salt grease, so that’s what they think “good” is.

They grew up having their every burp filmed for television, so that’s what they think “interesting” is.

This was brought home to me the other night (so to speak) when I had Mr. Wiser bring home some take out from a highly rated Chinese restaurant near where we just moved. The food was frankly, inedible. Oversalted overcooked over oiled and over served. I got back on Yelp and it had 4.5 stars. So if people don’t know what real food tastes like...

Then Derrick gets back on Twitter and blows my magnanimity all to hell yet again.

P.S. So in other words, what Nysha said!

• Love 17
12 hours ago, Christina87 said:

I agree, helplessness isn’t cute.  My father is my mother’s sous chef, and he can also make simple grilled cheese type meals if she is sick.  I also know a lot of those braggy girls who think it’s cool to not know how to cook, to the point where one of them was snide about bridal shower favors of those ‘layer all ingredients for Rice Krispie treats in a Mason jar’ type recipe, who basically acted like it was a turd when it showed up, to the point of refusing to take it and bragging about it to us.  Me: ‘Hey, these are no bake!’  Her: ‘Do I have to turn on the oven?’  Me: ‘well ok, there is melting butter.’  Her: ‘Then I don’t want it!’

• Love 10
17 minutes ago, lascuba said:

IIRC, Jessa did do most of the cooking at first and it either all sucked or weren't the kind of healthy meals Ben wanted. It's not lazy to not change how you cook to accommodate someone else, Don't like my cooking? Well, then, you fucking do it. Don't want to? Then STFU about what I cook. I have more than one married friend who adopted that philosophy, and it's worked out nicely. Either they do the cooking because their husband suck even more and refuse to learn, or their husbands taught themselves to cook so they can get the meals they want, because no matter what agreements might have been made in the beginning, it is utterly unfair to ask someone to change how she does things WHEN SHE IS THE ONLY ONE DOING IT.

I knew how to cook almost nothing when I was first married, and Mr Jyn is a pretty picky eater who did know how to make a few things, which he taught me. Since I was pregnant when we got married, and being a SAHM really was the thing I wanted to do, I quit my job about 6 weeks before I had the baby and never looked back. The early days of our marriage were full of pretty disastrous meals (at least from Mr Jyn's point of view...I will eat pretty much anything), but since he was working 12-14 hour days in the Navy, I always felt it was my duty to learn to cook things that would make him happy. And he was the sort who would refuse to eat a sandwich that he liked for dinner because sandwiches were lunch food, and push food around on his plate then throw it out if it was not cooked to his liking in general. But he did give good feedback on what would make it better, and between that and watching Julia Child reruns on TV, I did turn into a cook he brags to everyone about - we threw some really legendary dinner parties during his years in the Navy. I think it WOULD have been lazy not to try to cook things which made him happy, as hard as he worked, and was always proud when I managed to make something he really liked. That's just me, though...in some ways, other than my atheist bent, I'd have fit right in to the Duggar helpmeet mold. Nothing against women who  would go crazy in that mold (more power to them!), but it works for me.

• Love 13
35 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I knew how to cook almost nothing when I was first married, and Mr Jyn is a pretty picky eater who did know how to make a few things, which he taught me. Since I was pregnant when we got married, and being a SAHM really was the thing I wanted to do, I quit my job about 6 weeks before I had the baby and never looked back. The early days of our marriage were full of pretty disastrous meals (at least from Mr Jyn's point of view...I will eat pretty much anything), but since he was working 12-14 hour days in the Navy, I always felt it was my duty to learn to cook things that would make him happy. And he was the sort who would refuse to eat a sandwich that he liked for dinner because sandwiches were lunch food, and push food around on his plate then throw it out if it was not cooked to his liking in general. But he did give good feedback on what would make it better, and between that and watching Julia Child reruns on TV, I did turn into a cook he brags to everyone about - we threw some really legendary dinner parties during his years in the Navy. I think it WOULD have been lazy not to try to cook things which made him happy, as hard as he worked, and was always proud when I managed to make something he really liked. That's just me, though...in some ways, other than my atheist bent, I'd have fit right in to the Duggar helpmeet mold. Nothing against women who  would go crazy in that mold (more power to them!), but it works for me.

And that's cool...I would lose my mind being a SAHM, and if I had chosen to marry and have kids and had become a SAHM because of circumstances, I would have likely barely tolerated it and would have thrown the food at my husband for daring to criticize when I'm the one stuck with the kids and the housework all day while he gets to interact with adults and not deal with toddler meltdowns. And I say that as someone who genuinely enjoys cooking.

Jessa was very obviously serious the multiple times she said on the show that she can't cook while she and Ben were courting. If he took that as a cute joke, then he's an arrogant dumbass undeserving of sympathy.

• Love 13
9 minutes ago, lascuba said:

And that's cool...I would lose my mind being a SAHM, and if I had chosen to marry and have kids and had become a SAHM because of circumstances, I would have likely barely tolerated it and would have thrown the food at my husband for daring to criticize when I'm the one stuck with the kids and the housework all day while he gets to interact with adults and not deal with toddler meltdowns. And I say that as someone who genuinely enjoys cooking.

Jessa was very obviously serious the multiple times she said on the show that she can't cook while she and Ben were courting. If he took that as a cute joke, then he's an arrogant dumbass undeserving of sympathy.

Yup...to each their own. I'm extremely introverted and just  the idea of spending every day having to interact with people exhausts me. Before I was married, I worked as a sort of pharmacy tech (though they really didn't have a name for them back then), so I did have to interact with people a good part of the time, but I was never so happy as  when I got to sit in the basement for a couple of hours recording all the prescriptions, by hand, in a log book and filing them away. Yay for the pre-tech ways of doing things!

• Love 11
13 hours ago, Nysha said:

I make boxed mocha brownies, too. I buy boxed brownie mix, dissolve 4 teaspoons of powdered espresso in 1 tablespoon of hot water, mix it with the brownie ingredients, and bake according to package directions. When they're cool, I cut them in 2"x2" squares, melt a bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips and pipe diagonal lines across each piece, eat the remaining melted chocolate with a spoon, and top each brownie with a chocolate covered coffee bean.

The part I bolded cracked me up, Nysha!  Jill leaves fine points like that out of all of her recipes, lol.  These sound delicious!

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I literally couldn't agree more. If both parties worked, and Bin didn't like Jessa's food, then he could take over. However, it is Jessa's job, IMO, especially with all the bragging they do about their gender roles. Also, I think being healthy is legitimately a good reason to change how you cook. If I made really unhealthy meals, I would hope my husband would speak up and explain that they're unhealthy, and teach me about food, instead of just giving up and doing it himself on top of working. Health is absolutely a reason to change, as it will help your family live longer! Now, some men ARE impossible to please. My last ex literally only would eat pizza, macaroni and cheese, and burgers (I wish I was joking...and I envied his metabolism, as he wasn't even overweight!). Anything I made, he always had an excuse why he couldn't eat it. "I don't like bones. I'm not a mayonnaise fan. I don't really eat broccoli." I would ask what he DID like, and it always came back to...pizza, macaroni, burgers. Not homemade either. So at that point I just said, "I'll make what I want for dinner, and if you want to join me, you can. Otherwise, you can be responsible for getting whatever takeout you want." Only in that extreme circumstance would that happen, though. All my other boyfriends have loved my cooking, and happily eaten whatever was on their plate, and my dream is to be a SAHM and cook things my husband loves every night! My dad has colitis, so sometimes my mom has to accommodate him...or he just doesn't like something...and she doesn't have a problem making him a separate side, etc. It doesn't have to be rocket science to please someone! Jessa is just too lazy to try, and Bin is too passive aggressive. 

• Love 11
35 minutes ago, lascuba said:

I find it interesting that people read all sort of good things into Jill getting her nose pierced and wearing pants, and all the changes Jinger has made in her appearance, as if those were major signs of fundie rebellion. And here's Jessa flat out defying the role she was assigned by not doing all--or any--of the cooking, and it's this horrible sin against her poor husband.

To me it has to do with her not pulling her share of the weight. If she eschewed her "feminine" responsibilities and went out and got a job, now, that would impress me!

• Love 23

New blog post:

Birthday Time With Momma

Sep 24, 2018 | Family Blog, Photos | 1 

I (Jill) hosted my mom for a birthday lunch at our house this past week and a few of my sisters were also able to come last minute. My mom is so special to me and I admire her so much!! I try to take advantage of any opportunities where I can steal her away…especially when we have a good excuse to celebrate.  We enjoyed lunch together, then just sat around and chatted for a bit. <3

FYI, these brownies (Mocha Heath Cloud Brownies) are one of my mom’s favorite treats. We hadn’t had them in long awhile, so Israel helped me surprise “Mamaw” by making them to go with the birthday lunch!

CEBFF001-FA04-489D-9E6C-BC753611A7BD.jpeg

.And a video:

• Love 3

I love how she says Momma is soooooo important to me, and in the next sentence says the luncheon was last minute. 

Not that people don't have last minute get together, but it kind of read as, "my Momma is sooo important to me, so of course I love her and wanted to make her birthday as special as I can! To me, the most special thing I could think of was inviting my sisters at the last minute."

• Love 23
51 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

New blog post:

Birthday Time With Momma

Sep 24, 2018 | Family Blog, Photos | 1 

I (Jill) hosted my mom for a birthday lunch at our house this past week and a few of my sisters were also able to come last minute. My mom is so special to me and I admire her so much!! I try to take advantage of any opportunities where I can steal her away…especially when we have a good excuse to celebrate.  We enjoyed lunch together, then just sat around and chatted for a bit. <3

FYI, these brownies (Mocha Heath Cloud Brownies) are one of my mom’s favorite treats. We hadn’t had them in long awhile, so Israel helped me surprise “Mamaw” by making them to go with the birthday lunch!

CEBFF001-FA04-489D-9E6C-BC753611A7BD.jpeg

.And a video:

Sam still looks pissed.

• Love 7

I have to say I like Jill in jeans. She looks like a cute, normal mom. I have nothing against maxi skirts, and own a few myself, but when paired with faded, stretched-out tees, the overall look is so frumpy. And to add to what was stated above, I agree jeans in front of her parents is a big step. Alyssa Bates hasn't even made that move yet.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 21
1 hour ago, Christina87 said:

I love how she says Momma is soooooo important to me, and in the next sentence says the luncheon was last minute. 

To be fair, she says her sisters were able to come last minute, not that the lunch was last minute. But she does use "excuse" to describe the celebration for a second time. How about "reason," Jill? Clearly, diction isn't her strong point. (Not that anything else is.)

I didn't watch the video, but if she's wearing jeans here, she must have a lot of self-confidence. I'll give her that. She's got one over Jessa in that department.

• Love 7

Is she wearing jeans or that hideous denim maxi skirt they all seem to time share?

ETA: so I clicked on that video (with the sound off because I just ate) and yes, they’re jeans. Funny how their standards seem so much more flexible when aTLC camera crew isn’t around...

Edited by Oldernowiser
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, lascuba said:

I find it interesting that people read all sort of good things into Jill getting her nose pierced and wearing pants, and all the changes Jinger has made in her appearance, as if those were major signs of fundie rebellion. And here's Jessa flat out defying the role she was assigned by not doing all--or any--of the cooking, and it's this horrible sin against her poor husband.

I'm guessing because it doesn't read that way on the surface. Nose piercings and pants feel like a little step toward self-expression and independent thoughts. A SAHM not feeding her family and cleaning the house feels like selfish laziness.

But who knows, maybe Jessa is the unsung rebel of all the daughters.

• Love 11