Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

17 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I'm from New England so I'd rather it not be Brady or Belichick. They can name him Goodell though.

Watch out @Absolom, it could end up being Absalom.

I'm a New Englander as well, and the thought of Spawn Seewald having a Patriots themed named makes me want to vomit.

• Love 2
On 2/11/2017 at 6:41 PM, Arwen Evenstar said:

I'm over it already...name that spawn.

Jessa: (lurking on this thread) name that spawn......name that Spawn.......Spawn.......hmmm, Spurgeon and Spawn........PERFECT.

19 hours ago, Abmis said:

I first read this as Belatrix Seewald.   I think that should be their first daughter's name.

I snorted.  Out loud.  At work. :)

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

The kid is a week old. We don't care what his name is. If he doesn't have one, that shows how greedy Bin and Jessa are for a People payout. Disgusting. 

My thoughts exactly. Announce it when the baby is born. Otherwise, forget it. Nobody cares. They are not all that.

• Love 6

There so obviously money hungry... I bet when they release the baby's name there will be no saying if she had a home or hospital birth....Will have to wait for another people magazine payout for that information!

• Love 2

Call him Mo' Money Seewald and leave at that.  Bin can lay down some beats at the announcement.  The whole seewald-duggar clan can wear different "hip" backward caps with something different on each one.  

Baby mo-mo on his cap, duh.

Jessa-Money

Hipster Bin-$$$$

Spurgie-Seewald

It would be totally awesome!!!!!!  *sarcasm*

• Love 6
35 minutes ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

The kid is a week old. We don't care what his name is. If he doesn't have one, that shows how greedy Bin and Jessa are for a People payout. Disgusting. 

TLC is doing the announcement. People would have put out an article by now if they had the exclusive. This is clearly a ratings ploy. 

• Love 1

If Jessa Seewald were to give birth in her life to nothing but boys, she'd have those boys trained up to do "wimmins` work" before they were out of their Huggies.  Religion be damned if it benefits Jessa!

Still kind of admire that girl just because she's bitchy and she doesn't bother to hide it.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

I need an intervention.

I am curious to know what they named #7 and I like a lot of the names!

• Love 1

Bellatrix LeStrange Seewald??? I can see them naming their spawn after a Harry Potter character. They would all be clutching their pearls in horror.

I know, I J-------- were a Harry Potter character, who would s/he be? Jana would be Dobby.  Someone please give Jana a sock...

Jessa would be Dolores Umbridge.

• Love 5

Baby Seewald has a name! 

http://people.com/tv/jessa-duggar-seewald-reveals-newborn-son-name-henry-wilberforce-seewald/

I literally went from "Oh, that's not so bad!" to recoiling back in my chair when I read the middle name.  I wonder who came up with THAT one.  At least it's the middle name instead of being in a situation like poor Spurgeon.  If you're going to give your kid a pseudo-intellectual name, at least make it his middle name. 

Edited by Spencer Hastings
  • Love 6

I can't link to the video posted on FB but they named Seewald #2.... Henry Wilberforce Seewald. Wilberforce is the last name of a British general in the early 1800's, who was a large proponent of Evangelical wing of the Church of England. I feel so bad for Spurgeon now that his brother is named Henry. Too bad it isn't Elliott and Henry....

• Love 6

At least this kid doesn't have a name he has to spell for everyone for the rest of his life.  Lots of people have weird middle names.  I'll give them a pass on that one.

Edited by toodles
  • Love 1

Wait, so Henry gets a nice, normal name but Spurgeon gets stuck with something that sounds like a strain of mold? 

Wilberforce is terrible, but I guess it's no different than how other families use last names or less desirable family names as a middle. 

• Love 8
45 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Bellatrix LeStrange Seewald??? I can see them naming their spawn after a Harry Potter character. They would all be clutching their pearls in horror.

I know, I J-------- were a Harry Potter character, who would s/he be? Jana would be Dobby.  Someone please give Jana a sock...

Jessa would be Dolores Umbridge.

That's why she has to wear flip flops

• Love 3

Eh, the name bores me.  Every other little boy I know is Henry.  So in one regard, nice that he has a normal, classic name he can be proud of, and not embarrassed about (or have to explain and spell it every single time as his brother will!).  But on the other hand, that wasn't worth waiting a week for!  And now Spurgeon looks even worse in comparison, and everyone will wonder why they didn't put the ugly name in the middle for him like they did for Henry!  

You all were right, Monday before tonight's show!

Jessa really looks like she has an underbite.  

23 minutes ago, jb0495 said:

Wilberforce is the last name of a British general in the early 1800's, who was a large proponent of Evangelical wing of the Church of England.

Yes, and I see they put their emphasis on his role in abolishing the slave trade, and not on the evangelical part, to make it more palatable for the masses!  

Bin probably wanted to name the kid Wilberforce but Jessa said no. At least that's what I'm hoping happened. She probably regrets not naming Spurgeon the more normal Elliot and said to Bin, no more fucking weird ass first names for the kids. Sorry, dude.

• Love 8
44 minutes ago, toodles said:

At least this kid doesn't have a name he has to spell for everyone for the rest of his life.  Lots of people have weird middle names.  I'll give them a pass on that one.

No worries!  Duggars don't know how to spell!

25 minutes ago, awaken said:

Jessa really looks like she has an underbite.  

Jessa was a tad chunky as a teenager and I think the baby fat hid the lantern jaw and underbite. It didn't become noticeable until she dropped a lot of weight during her courtship with Bin.

Well they failed at unique for sure, and I'm fairly certain that Prince Harry's given name is Henry. I'm surprised they didn't do Wilbur Force Seewald.

Will the new thread name be, The Seewalds: Benessa and the Terrible Horrible No Good Very Bad Name & Henry?

• Love 3

Henry Wilberforce was the youngest son of William Wilberforce.  He was an Anglican clergyman for a while and then he converted to Catholicism.

He worked for the Catholic Defence Association and wrote articles against Protestant missionaries.

Way to go Ben and Jessa on choosing a name for the Spurgeon sequel to live up to and emulate!!!!!!!!!!!!!  HaHaHaHaHa.  So Funny!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Wilberforce

• Love 12
48 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Well they failed at unique for sure, and I'm fairly certain that Prince Harry's given name is Henry. I'm surprised they didn't do Wilbur Force Seewald.

Will the new thread name be, The Seewalds: Benessa and the Terrible Horrible No Good Very Bad Name & Henry?

May the Force be with you.  Sorry.  I just had to do that.

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, Spencer Hastings said:

Here's the TLC video (that will likely air tonight) explaining the name:

http://www.tlc.com/tlcme/tlcme-videos/learn-baby-seewalds-name/

Jessa simply liking Henry wasn't good enough on its own so they had to think of another "We know stuff" name to justify it. 

And one could probably find something in almost every subject out there to link a name like "Henry" to. 

Actually, I may be alone in this, but I've really gotten used to hearing "Spurgeon" as a name. Not that I can actually say I like it, but having seen it attached to a cute baby for  long enough, it's sort of like a really strange nickname that eventually sticks, if that makes any sense. 

It still does rather bother me, though, that they obviously must have looked at "Wilberforce" and decided to use it as a middle name in favor of a normal name up front while they didn't give Spurgie the same consideration.

• Love 3
31 minutes ago, Spencer Hastings said:
35 minutes ago, Mollie said:

Henry Wilberforce was the youngest son of William Wilberforce.  He was an Anglican clergyman for a while and then he converted to Catholicism.

He worked for the Catholic Defence Association and wrote articles against Protestant missionaries.

Way to go Ben and Jessa on choosing a name for the Spurgeon sequel to live up to and emulate!!!!!!!!!!!!!  HaHaHaHaHa.  So Funny!

I would die if they in the end do become Catholics!!!! I can just image all of Derick's dancing would push them into the Catholic church saying, "at least these people are normal."

As for the name Henry, meh, I'm disappointed. I expected Tozer. 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I'm a New Englander as well, and the thought of Spawn Seewald having a Patriots themed named makes me want to vomit.

I'm NOT from New England, and I would LOVE baby Seewald's name to be Brady. Hahahahaa!  ?

Oh oh....I posted before I reloaded the page and didn't realize the baby was named. Sorry!

Edited by Love2dance
  • Love 1
29 minutes ago, Mollie said:

The Duggars are going to give little Henry the side eye all his life because he was named for a Catholic.  I'm sure Derrick is dancing his little heart out for little Henry as we speak.

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, toodles said:

The Duggars are going to give little Henry the side eye all his life because he was named for a Catholic.  I'm sure Derrick is dancing his little heart out for little Henry as we speak.

I'm pretty sure Ben said that Wilberforce was named for the father, William, not the son. 

eta: Checked out the video again. Ben clearly says that he was named for William. Henry came from another writer, Matthew Henry, whom Spurgeon (not the toddler) revered. 

Edited by Sew Sumi