Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

I enjoyed watching Spud do his little dance after kissing Henry. That is a normal thing for a child to do. Babies love music, both of mine were and still are music buffs. I wonder how long they will allow Spud that normal part of childhood.

Maybe after a few more kids Benessa will learn to appreciate dancing. Let a kid loose for an hour of uninhibited dancing, and you get a kid ready for bed even before their bedtime.

• Love 3
On 2/27/2017 at 8:24 AM, tabloidlover said:

Doesn't seem like Jessa is posting nearly as many pics on Instagram with this baby.   Is she tired?  Overwhelmed?  Hmmm

This applies to every parent of multiple children I've ever known. Picture taking goes way down for the second child if same gender as the first.

• Love 11
3 hours ago, lascuba said:

This applies to every parent of multiple children I've ever known. Picture taking goes way down for the second child if same gender as the first.

True dat. I'm the baby of our family and I would tease my mom that we had more pictures of my siblings' friends than me.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

True dat. I'm the baby of our family and I would tease my mom that we had more pictures of my siblings' friends than me.

Also depends on the camera...I had my kids pre-digital photography, and my first two before I moved up to a decent 35 mm film camera which could handle things like close-ups, so I think I have more photos of my 3rd child than the other two. And now in the days of digital, I have way, way more photos of my cat & dog than I ever had of all the kids combined! 

• Love 8
On 3/1/2017 at 6:47 PM, GeeGolly said:

Same. I'm the third girl. Parents swear they're around somewhere but think I've only seen one newborn picture of myself, if that. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Well the lack of pictures is always something we can guilt our parents about no matter how hold we are.  Although my mother would just snap her fingers at me and say "Mick would you just stop"

At least she didn't tell me it was because I was ugly.  Oh God, wouldn't that be awful.  Well Mick, you were an ugly baby, you didn't take good pix, you never did anything cute....from now on I'm shutting my mouth and not taking any more chances.

Edited by Micks Picks
afterthought
  • Love 2

Eh I was an ugly baby, saying so myself, but there are tons of pictures of me. And tons of my much cuter Gerber-baby brother born 3 years later. Of course he was the favorite because he was so cute. Why noooo I'm not upset about that, why would you ask? Of course I was the straight A student who actually went to college and .....yea I'm the golden child now. Revenge sometimes comes later in life.

I wonder how many pictures the Dugs actually have of each child. I'm guessing 1 once you get past the 5th kid.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, winsomeone said:

There is a former NFL football player named  Spergon Wynn. Awful close. I wonder what nick name he has. His son is named Spergon too.

I wonder how they pronounce it...It looks as though it should be "spur-gun", but given the way the Duggars spell and pronounce Jinger, who knows?

12 hours ago, winsomeone said:

There is a former NFL football player named  Spergon Wynn. Awful close. I wonder what nick name he has. His son is named Spergon too.

That's terrible!  I daresay, maybe even more terrible than Spurgeon because it seems mis-spelled!

• Love 2

My sister and I are the baby grandchildren on both sides of our families. I am two years older than she is, and BOTH sets of grandparents' photo albums end after my birth. My poor sister missed the boat twice, as the only person not included! ?

• Love 2

I say Jessa will be pregnant again with child number 3 before Jill delivers in July ....No way she is going to let Jill steal the limelight for long.  Jinger and Joy will be pregnant by yrs end!

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Ripley68 said:

Jessa and Ben look completely less than thrilled in the video. You can see Ben gritting his teeth to smile

I watched it and Henry has a look like he's realized he has been reincarnated into a Fundy family.  I sensed an Oh fuuuuck!

• Love 7
43 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

The rest of them have a slightly southern accent, but Jessa over exaggerates it.

Joy does as well. I've noticed the other kids have a light Southern drawl, but nothing as pronounced as Jessa's.

• Love 2
Just now, BitterApple said:

Joy does as well. I've noticed the other kids have a light Southern drawl, but nothing as pronounced as Jessa's.

Yes, I was trying to remember if Joy does as well. Jinger talks normally and just adds in y'alls and Jill too.

2 hours ago, WhineandCheez said:

RE Video: Can it be that I haven't heard Jessa's voice before?  Why does she sound like a Southern Belle, y'alls and that crap.  Is Arkansas that Southern? Maybe so, huh?

I actually have Fayetteville relatives, and they have southern accents and "y'all" all the time. But maybe not quite as strong as Jessa's.

• Love 1
42 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

Yes, I was trying to remember if Joy does as well. Jinger talks normally and just adds in y'alls and Jill too.

I think Jinger will be dropping the "y'all" business fairly quickly. Jeremy has a fairly extensive vocabulary and eschews colloquialisms. I think she'll mimic him in an effort to please him. 

• Love 2

I don't know why but for some reason Ben's glasses drive me nuts.  Maybe because I think he mainly wears them to look studious rather than out of necessity.  Who knows? 

• Love 2

I have been watching the Duggars since the beginning and they never had a southern accent. The accent is something Jessa has started doing recently in order to sound cutesy and sweet like the Bates girls. It sounds so fake and it makes her sound dumber than she is. 

• Love 4

I came across the Instagram of Jessa's "bestie" Kristen, the tacos 4 life girl. She is fundie and graduated from a Christian College and got married to her college sweetheart. They opened the restaurant righ after and then she got pregnant about a year after. She also has a nose piercing and tattoos...gasp... I wonder if Jessa is jealous of her she seems to have had an ideal life, while Jessa had an uneventful life and got stuck with an unemployed teen boy and now lives under Jim Bob's thumb.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, heatherrrrz said:

I feel really bad saying this, but Henry is not a cute baby.

No, he's not.  I thought Spurgeon (who's name now appears in my autocorrect!) WAS a cute newborn.

• Love 3
(edited)

@FakeJoshDuggar Remember the Motato War? That was something. I couldn't believe how bent out of shape some people got. I thought the name was harmless, because, as you said, lots of infants look like little potatoes. Not ugly. Just not the Most Beautiful Baby Ever. 

The Bates' grands have all missed the potato phase (so far). So did Spurgeon for that matter.  Izzy? Not so much. Mackynzie and Mere were both cuties from day one. The one grand I have no memory of as an infant is Michael Duggar. 

Edited by Sew Sumi

Henry looks like one of those babies, where in 65 years time, when he's closing in on retirement age (if he ever gets a job), and balding, he will look exactly like he does now, just adult sized.

• Love 8

I must be horrible at this because I don't see the similarities. They both look like they need a few minutes in the microwave because they did not come out fully cooked. Just like all newborns, mine included.

• Love 8
10 minutes ago, SMama said:

I must be horrible at this because I don't see the similarities. They both look like they need a few minutes in the microwave because they did not come out fully cooked. Just like all newborns, mine included.

Lulz! I don't either. Henry has a longer head and stronger nose than Spurge does. I don't think they look alike at all. 

• Love 5

I think Jessa is going to regret, in a year or so, marrying Ben because he was way too young when they met and shows no sign of growing up. They look tired and having two babies at that young of an age is going to age them tremendously. Look at how bad Jill and Derick look and the second kid hasn't even arrived.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

It's an affect. Several of them, their parents included, speak with no accent and are all AR natives.

With the exception of Jason, I don't detect an accent in any of the Duggars.  My younger brother who was born and raised in New York City, was stationed at the Air Force Base in Little Rock for eight years; and now, his accent rivals President Clinton's.  I just don't understand this.   

I've always found Jim Bob's accent very pronounced. Not as affected as Jessa's, but close. I don't notice any particular accent with Michelle; all the other kids have accents that are mostly unnoticeable except for certain words, with Jill's accent being the most pronounced of the "accent-less" set.  

Little Wilberforce looks a lot like Ben's mom to me, including that look of confused distress that she always has when a camera is on her. 

• Love 4