Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

I have to think that Jessa and Ben have been contacted by marketers looking to get a piece of the pie.  Maybe Bin wanted to get some action going, but Jessa put the kibosh on it as per Jim Bob's wishes.  Afterall, she's the headship in that couple.  But I bet if Jinger & Jeremy are ever approached, Jeremy will give them a big "yes" and Jinger will go along with her Babe.

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

I have to think that Jessa and Ben have been contacted by marketers looking to get a piece of the pie.  Maybe Bin wanted to get some action going, but Jessa put the kibosh on it as per Jim Bob's wishes.  Afterall, she's the headship in that couple.  

I don't think so.  I don't think there is much of an audience for Jessa and Ben.  There was a huge backlash against both of them when they appeared at pre-scheduled engagements after the first Josh scandal broke.  They have a menu item on their blog asking for people to book them for events: "If you are interested in contacting the Seewald Family about an event please complete the form below."

Truth is, nobody is interested in hiring them.  Nobody watches Ben's sermons on YouTube or cares about the class-assignment sermons he posts online.  They just don't have what it takes to be big-time evangelists and they never will.  The only reason people still watch the reality TV show is because of the novelty of the 19-kid family.  Jessa and Ben wouldn't have an audience right now if they tried to do it alone. (Maybe in 20 years if Jessa can give birth to 17 more kids between now and then . . .)

• Love 7
3 hours ago, sometimesy said:

@Gemma Violet and @Natalie68

Bin and Jeremy (ice cream!) should get their girls moving on the blog, videos, and merchandise. But they have to punt Boob. He doesn't allow the family to do anything without the anchor siblings that drag them down,  and he doesn't encourage the professional advice these people will require. Yep, actually pay people to help you set up your blog, design your merchandise.

I also think Bin should do the inner city thing, but just visit and highlight what is needed, how to help and then his tv ministry is legitimate and helpful to other people.

How would childish, unedUcated, sheltered nitwit Bin know "what is needed?"

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, Mollie said:

I don't think so.  I don't think there is much of an audience for Jessa and Ben.  There was a huge backlash against both of them when they appeared at pre-scheduled engagements after the first Josh scandal broke.  They have a menu item on their blog asking for people to book them for events: "If you are interested in contacting the Seewald Family about an event please complete the form below."

Truth is, nobody is interested in hiring them.  Nobody watches Ben's sermons on YouTube or cares about the class-assignment sermons he posts online.  They just don't have what it takes to be big-time evangelists and they never will.  The only reason people still watch the reality TV show is because of the novelty of the 19-kid family.  Jessa and Ben wouldn't have an audience right now if they tried to do it alone. (Maybe in 20 years if Jessa can give birth to 17 more kids between now and then . . .)

Agree! IMO Jessa is a vain, smug, holier-than-thou, BORING bitch, and Bin is a pussy-whipped dim kid. Nothing to see there.

• Love 9

They seem to have a lot of young fundy followers according to their website.  I think there might be a market for Jessa trinkets.  If Jill & Derrek can get their Central American trips funded by fans, and Jill & Jessa can get wedding gifts galore from fans who checked out their registry, fans would probably be willing to buy the Jessa Duggar home game. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, lascuba said:

I'm always wary of giving the Bates any credit  for anything because framed pictures of white supremacists is a deal breaker for me, but yes, they are so much better at publicly expressing individuality and disagreement. Alyssa is the perfect example...when she was recently married, she said in an interview how much nicer it was to live in a quiet house,

ITA with you on that score.  I wasn't meaning to imply that I thought the Bateseses were more highly evolved than the Duggs on all levels. Like you, I despise white supremacist and other aspects of racism and other hate groups with every fiber of my being. I don't understand how they can reconcile such ideas with their beliefs.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, DangerousMinds said:

How would childish, unedUcated, sheltered nitwit Bin know "what is needed?"

That's where the professionals come in.

It is a moot point anyway. Boob isn't going to let this happen. He would probably rather everyone fail, than some succeed without him.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

They seem to have a lot of young fundy followers according to their website.  I think there might be a market for Jessa trinkets.

I agree. Jessa and Ben could easily turn out Devotional Day Planners, for young women, young men, young married couples, young parents, without breaking a sweat. I'm sure a Christian publisher would be thrilled to provide a ghost writer and editor. Or, if they had the wherewithal to do it themselves, they could self-publish on Amazon. 

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Nysha said:

I agree. Jessa and Ben could easily turn out Devotional Day Planners, for young women, young men, young married couples, young parents, without breaking a sweat. I'm sure a Christian publisher would be thrilled to provide a ghost writer and editor. Or, if they had the wherewithal to do it themselves, they could self-publish on Amazon. 

This might happen, but I betcha it's going to be a Duggar thing. Don't the families even have similar family blogs. They don't colour outside JB lines

Edited by sometimesy
  • Love 2

I'm almost physically sickened by the idea that a substantial number of people are stupid enough to accept these nearly braindead worthless greedy lazy assholes as some kind of spiritual guides. Not surprised, I suppose. But sickened.

When, for even a half second, has either of them given the slightest, tiniest least indication that they have even a morsel of such insight? As far as I can see, they've never shown anything but pettiness, dimness, smug ignorance and vanity.

Devotions "written" by them, indeed. It's sickening to think that at the same time as many other, worthy and hard-working people struggle to make a living -- at the same time as other intelligent accomplished writers struggle to get anything at all published for pay -- these smug ignorant fools could actually command a livable income in return for pasting their supposed holy and virtuous "image" on a ghostwritten book. I don't even see that they project these qualities as an image. And it's surely not a reality. But I guess you really never will go broke underestimating the sense of the American public. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 21
6 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

I'm almost physically sickened by the idea that a substantial number of people are stupid enough to accept these nearly braindead worthless greedy lazy assholes as some kind of spiritual guides. Not surprised, I suppose. But sickened.

When, for even a half second, has either of them given the slightest, tiniest least indication that they have even a morsel of such insight? As far as I can see, they've never shown anything but pettiness, dimness, smug ignorance and vanity.

Devotions "written" by them, indeed. It's sickening to think that at the same time as many other, worthy and hard-working people struggle to make a living -- at the same time as other intelligent accomplished writers struggle to get anything at all published for pay -- these smug ignorant fools could actually command a livable income in return for pasting their supposed holy and virtuous "image" on a ghostwritten book. I don't even see that they project these qualities as an image. And it's surely not a reality. But I guess you really never will go broke underestimating the sense of the American public. 

Even Charles Manson had a following, Churchhoney.  There are plenty of fools out there who will fall for anyone and anything.

• Love 13
9 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

Even Charles Manson had a following, Churchhoney.  There are plenty of fools out there who will fall for anyone and anything.

Yeah, good point! Some of Charlie's girls are still in love with him and were willing to do all that jail time like a badge of honor.

We overestimate the intelligence of a good many to be able to not get caught up in a cult or following a charismatic leader, including a sick little troll with a predilection for sandals and doll like banana curls.

• Love 5
On 2/18/2017 at 9:07 PM, Mollie said:

On 2/18/2017 at 9:33 PM, DangerousMinds said:

Agree! IMO Jessa is a vain, smug, holier-than-thou, BORING bitch, and Bin is a pussy-whipped dim kid. Nothing to see there.

This is so true. The appeal of the Duggar Kids and Counting shows were the novelty of how they managed a household of 17+ kids financially & logistically and the curiosity about their fundamental beliefs.

And what @DangerousMinds said.

• Love 4

OK, so which one of you was it who suggested to Jessa on Twitter that she look into the life of Smith Wigglesworth?  Getting started early on name suggestions for number three?  Wigglesworth Seewald? 

• Love 12
31 minutes ago, awaken said:

OK, so which one of you was it who suggested to Jessa on Twitter that she look into the life of Smith Wigglesworth?  Getting started early on name suggestions for number three?  Wigglesworth Seewald? 

That one sort of loops around from terrible back to amazing somehow.

• Love 6

This may be way off topic, but I am a huge fan of the Bewitched TV series.  I find Spurg just adorable and was always thinking that he reminded me of someone.  I finally figured it out.  He reminds me of Adam the warlock (child of Samantha and Derwood) !  How delightful!

48919.jpg

• Love 18
On ‎2‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 4:10 PM, Gemma Violet said:

Lily Allen had a hit song "Alfie" in England about ten years ago (not the Dionne Warwicke song...another Alfie), so that may explain the popularity.  It was a weird but catchy song, a definite earworm.

Lily's brother is named Alfie.  He's Theon Greyjoy on Game of Thrones, so maybe his popularity contributes?  The only Alfie I've known was a dog.

• Love 1
54 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

Lily's brother is named Alfie.  He's Theon Greyjoy on Game of Thrones, so maybe his popularity contributes?  The only Alfie I've known was a dog.

Holy shit! Theon is Lily Allen's brother?! I'm sorry to go off topic but I'm a massive GoT groupie and I can't believe I didn't know that.

• Love 2
22 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Holy shit! Theon is Lily Allen's brother?! I'm sorry to go off topic but I'm a massive GoT groupie and I can't believe I didn't know that.

But now that you do... they look alike, don't they?  (generally I don't assume that all people surnamed "Allen" are related either, haha)

http://screenertv.com/news-features/lily-allen-passed-on-game-of-thrones-role-as-theons-sister-yara-because-of-incest/

• Love 1
Just now, queenanne said:

But now that you do... they look alike, don't they?  (generally I don't assume that all people surnamed "Allen" are related either, haha)

http://screenertv.com/news-features/lily-allen-passed-on-game-of-thrones-role-as-theons-sister-yara-because-of-incest/

They look like twins with different coloring. Mind, meet blown. 

14 minutes ago, awaken said:

Ack!  Our waiter tonight looked and sounded exactly like Bin!  Even down to the glasses!  No LICK hat though. 

Did he drop Christian rap verses? 

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, ChiCricket said:

Yes..my thread title won! Thanks everyone that voted for it :)

PS I'm almost 65 and this is the first thing I've ever won..pitiful. :)

Congratulations! I'm sending a virtual drippy sundae your way in honor of the win!

• Love 9
On 2/19/2017 at 6:53 PM, farmgal4 said:

Yeah, but I'm pretty sure people don't fall for Charles Manson because they think he's good. I think they're crazy people who are obsessed with his darkness and evil. They want to be dark and evil like him. That's at least got the right slant on who he is. It's a sick desire but it's not delusional about its object, I expect.

If anybody sees the Seewalds as spiritual leaders of some sort, and I expect quite a few do, they're just clueless idiots who can't recognize what these people are like. They're wanting something from the Seewalds that the Seewalds don't have to give. Whereas if you want a mentor for entering the realms of hellish darkness and you pick Charles Manson -- Well, it's a horrible thing to want, but you've come to the right place for it. 

• Love 4
On 2/22/2017 at 10:39 PM, BitterApple said:

They look like twins with different coloring. Mind, meet blown. 

Did he drop Christian rap verses? 

Unfortunately not, I was hoping, though!  He did serve us local, craft beer on draft so my mind was boggled!!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Spencer Hastings said:

Me: I don't see the big deal, it's just a baby kissing another baby. 

Also me: OHMYGOSSHHH it dances after it kisses the other babyyyyy!

I'm mush.

Ha, I like how aimless and random the motion is in little Henry's facial features.

2 hours ago, tabloidlover said:

Doesn't seem like Jessa is posting nearly as many pics on Instagram with this baby.   Is she tired?  Overwhelmed?  Hmmm

Jessa is in love with her own image and Spurgeon is her doppelganger. Henry is a handsome baby, but I think he takes after Bin. So we're not getting as many pictures of the child who doesn't feed into Jessa's massive ego.

• Love 7

It doesn't surprise me that Jessa isn't posting as many pics of Henry.  In all fairness, after the novelty of the first child, a lot of parents tend to get lackadaisical with the others.  Every stage and milestone of our first child is memorialized in print or on video. Wish I could say the same about the other two. 

• Love 8
(edited)

If it were a normal young mother with a toddler and a newborn? I'd say she was too busy caring for them all day to have time or energy to take and post SM photos.

However, this is Queen Jessa. She has minions, aka sisters, to care for her babies. She has lots of time for SM photos.

She's just slacking.

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 6

Eh, she posted a pic of Spurgie and Izzy facetiming today, so she's not slacking where the first one is concerned. Sadly, I'm #blessablocked, so I can't re-create the post here. It's just two toddlers, really nothing of note to see. 

Eh, newborns are boring, especially if they're easy ones that just sleep all the time. I'd rather see only the occasional pic every few weeks, than pictures every day (like the woman on my Facebook who I had to hide from my feed because she was posting upwards of 20 near identical photos of her newborn every single day.)

• Love 3