Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

What happens if you don't get registered before day eleven?   Does that mean you don't count and have to live out your days as some kind of half-person shut away your entire life? 

Maybe that's what happened to Jana.

I guess it would be unlawful 

1 hour ago, Kokapetl said:

Ten days. 

But even then, it doesn't have to have a name on it.  Or the name can be changed later.  Baby Boy can be used as a placeholder and then the real name amended once the announcement is made and they've been paid.  In cases where the baby is being surrendered for adoption, this happens all the time.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, Jeeves said:

From idle curiosity a day or two ago, I went to the "Babies" section of the People magazine website, and scrolled all the way through. There was a lot of content, but I didn't see a word about any Duggar. Poor Jessa, she popped out that kid just days ago, and her story's already buried under news of bigger celebrities. (I'm not a People subscriber; maybe the premium/subscription section has Duggar stuff. It also seems that they've either deleted or super-hidden the "search" function on the People site, so I couldn't look for Duggar news there anymore.)

So I picked up the latest People at Barnes and Noble. I picked it up to read about Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, who were one of the little stories listed on the cover.  It was a small article with pictures. Like two or three pages with pictures and text. At the end of the article, taking up about 40% of the page (the bottom, PH & MM were the top 60%) was the announcement of the birth of baby Seewald. No first name. Pictures of Ben, Jessa and the baby. It seemed a random spot for it.  I'm not sure I would have found it if I hadn't randomly found it. I had no idea it would be in the magazine. I assume in the following People will be the name. 

• Love 3

I was trying to remember who was on the cover; it's This is Us's Chrissy Metz, surrounded by Prince Harry and Meghan,  Beyoncé, Tamara Hall, Christie Brinkley and her daughters. As I said if I stumbled upon it, I probably would have missed it.

12 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

Of course they already have a name. They are just building suspense for us!!!

If they don't have a name, they are even bigger idiots than I think they are. They knew Jessa was pregnant at about 2 weeks. They've even know the gender for months. They don't work, and have literally nothing else to do all day -- if they haven't picked out a name yet, they are the laziest, stupidest people on Earth.

• Love 14

I posted the Graham FB post, but upon querying the OP, I found out that it was likely a leghumper;s wishful thinking, and it was definitely before Thursday, when Guinn claim they settled on the name. I think she claimed Thursday because that's when the Seemonkey family showed up in Fayetteville like a swarm of locusts. 

• Love 2

Sebastian Swammerdam Seewald and I'm stickin' to it for now. They can call him 'Bash' for short.  Spurge and Bash Seewald.

Next blessing will be a girl and they'll name her Sassafras Seewald.  Sassy Seewald. Love it. 

35 minutes ago, Lady Edith said:

Didn't someone post something a few days ago that it could be Graham?  I believe it was a tweet or something?  

Spurgeon and Graham sounds like a really bad breakfast cereal.

It sounds like a cereal for elderly folks. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

I'm over it already...name that spawn.

Spawn Sturgeon Seewald

Spurgeon and Graham sounds like a really bad breakfast cereal.

Yes, laxative cereal for the elderly! Ensure Depends is a pretty name for a girl, Jessa,

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 2

I actually picked Spurgeon. I went ahead and picked Brady for this one, but it's not "unique." Every person in New England who had a baby Sunday night through this week has probably named their kid Brady (it's pretty unisex). 

• Love 4

As much as this whole dragging out the kid's name thing is making me roll my eyes, I find it much less annoying than the constant implication that they might have twins. Hey, if TLC or People are stupid enough to pay for the the name reveal (and their audience is stupid enough to reward them for it), I'm kind of ok with Jessa or anyone else taking advantage of that. Get that money, girl. 

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, PoshSprinkles said:

I keep thinking something like Nazareth, Enoch, or Wycliffe. All of which are better than Spurgeon *shudders*. 

There may only be a few names worse than Spurgeon, but pretty much, almost any name is better than Spurgeon.

If Spurgeon were still alive, I hope he'd tweet out a rebuke telling them "thanks, I'm honored, but the love of all that is holy, please don't give him that as a first name."

• Love 6

Longtime lurker on this board. I don't watch the show (I've only seen several early episodes of 14, 15, 16 kids etc) but I find these people both fascinating and disturbing (I recently read "I Fired God"). I appreciate inside information from people like church honey.  I'm waiting for the next scandal or a tell-all of some sort. 

Anyway, I thought I'd give the baby name a try although admittedly my biblical knowledge isn't very good.  I was thinking Solomon because of the 's' and because he was the King of Israel, which would kind of make him sound superior to Jill's son.  Also, Spurgeon and Solomon sounds kind of like "sturgeon and salmon". I suppose Solomon isn't unusual enough but the Arabic variant  Sulayman might be. Also, 2 of Solomon's brothers are Shammua and Shobab.  I don't know anything about them, but the names might be unusual enough. I know from these boards that Jessa said that she wasn't planning to stick with 's' names, but those are my picks although I'm sure I'm not even close. From these, Shammua is my top pick because Spurgeon and Shammua would be hilarious.

• Love 19
17 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I actually picked Spurgeon. I went ahead and picked Brady for this one, but it's not "unique." Every person in New England who had a baby Sunday night through this week has probably named their kid Brady (it's pretty unisex). 

Belichik Seewald?

• Love 3
18 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

How would they know about unique?  What normal people consider common place is new to them.  HGTV, throwing stuff together in a casserole dish and putting it on YouTube, cooking minute rice, cheese platters and the list goes on and on.  Just because you call it unique doesn't make it so.  Brady is a perfectly nice name.  But if they go with another spurgeon type name, well that's just duggar dumbassery at its finest.

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, Abmis said:

I first read this as Belatrix Seewald.   I think that should be their first daughter's name.

Too bad it's not a set of boy-girl twins. Then they could do Belichik and Bellatrix. And poor old Spurgey could have companions in the horrible-name derby.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, toodles said:

How would they know about unique?  What normal people consider common place is new to them.  HGTV, throwing stuff together in a casserole dish and putting it on YouTube, cooking minute rice, cheese platters and the list goes on and on.  Just because you call it unique doesn't make it so.  Brady is a perfectly nice name.  But if they go with another spurgeon type name, well that's just duggar dumbassery at its finest.

Cheese Platter Seewald? 

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, Maharincess said:

Is it bad that my biggest wish is that both Jill and Jessa have 6 boys in a row?     I don't want them to have any girls to pawn the housework/cooking and child raising off on. 

I had the same wish until I realized having all boys won't make a difference; Jill & Jessa's spawn will just be absorbed by the TTH. Better hop to it Jana, you have babies to raise.

• Love 7
38 minutes ago, Maharincess said:

Is it bad that my biggest wish is that both Jill and Jessa have 6 boys in a row?     I don't want them to have any girls to pawn the housework/cooking and child raising off on. 

Not bad , would drive them crazy though . Especially if auntymoms are married off and they have to do the parenting .

• Love 3

I swear if they go with Brady, I just may have to go outside and scream.   Yes, it's "different" but not "weird".  Which is why it's the name we gave our son 20+ years ago.  There were only 2 Brady's at the time.  A baseball player & a soap opera character.  Then Sex in the City gave us a couple of years of Bradys.  Enough that I would hear it called after a kid in the store & wonder WTF where's my kid & why is someone yelling at my teenager like that?  If there's now going to be a fundie rush of Bradys...UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!  

• Love 3