Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, sometimesy said:

I agree, none of us wish harm on expectants moms and I'm not sure who you were responding to there, but anyway:

No worries. Everyone on the board is nice. Just was trying to make the point that when anyone is having a baby, it is going to generate some excitement. The first question is: Boy or girl? What did they name the little one?

• Love 3

We could keep posting a bunch of preacher's names so Jessa and Ben will have to keep changing it. Like Tyndale, Wesley, Venn, Newton, Crosby, Hudson, Phineas, Govin, Branham, Shaeffer, Pierce, Metzger, Archer, Falwell, Ferguson, Montgomery ...

• Love 2

Ugh--I now associate Graham not with Billy, for whom I have some measure of respect, but his son Franklin, who makes me sick to my stomach.

It's hard for me to imagine them choosing Samson, since despite his end-of-life heroism, was undone by his lust for a filthy whorish woman.

Edited by Portia
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

We could keep posting a bunch of preacher's names so Jessa and Ben will have to keep changing it. Like Tyndale, Wesley, Venn, Newton, Crosby, Hudson, Phineas, Govin, Branham, Shaeffer, Pierce, Metzger, Archer, Falwell, Ferguson, Montgomery ...

There are some nice names in there, but I'm not sure I'm a qualified judge because I like Tozer and Zwingli. :)

Sprugeon hasn't grown on me over time, but now it's slightly less horrible because the boy himself is so sweet.

• Love 6

I'm having a new water heater installed today and one of the plumbers looks exactly like Ben, down to the glasses. A bigger, smarter, nicer, funnier, more hard working version of Ben, but Ben nonetheless. I did a double take when he showed up at my house and he probably thinks I'm totally weird, but it was just uncanny.

• Love 6
22 minutes ago, emma675 said:

I'm having a new water heater installed today and one of the plumbers looks exactly like Ben, down to the glasses. A bigger, smarter, nicer, funnier, more hard working version of Ben, but Ben nonetheless. I did a double take when he showed up at my house and he probably thinks I'm totally weird, but it was just uncanny.

Same with a guy that just started where I work. He looks like a slightly taller Bin with glasses and that same dumb voice. 

11 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

I'm just guessing that it could end up "the Seewalds: Benessa and the Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Names."  Because what are the chances the poor little new fellow will have a regular name.

That would be a very easy fix and would be entirely accurate.

• Love 4

Man, poor Blessa must be seething right now! First, Beyonce stole her birth announcement "thunder" now George and Amal are taking press away from her name hype! I'd bet they're scrambling for a beyond over-the-top name to take back the headlines.

• Love 9
45 minutes ago, Pennie Layne said:

Man, poor Blessa must be seething right now! First, Beyonce stole her birth announcement "thunder" now George and Amal are taking press away from her name hype! I'd bet they're scrambling for a beyond over-the-top name to take back the headlines.

Won't even make a tabloid cover now .

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Pennie Layne said:

Jessa who?

• Love 15

I figured they were just going to do a pre-taped name announcement during the show on Monday. People only reserves unnamed baby annoucnements for people like Bey, Clooney, and the Cambridges. 

I think the name anticipation also got 100k more eyeballs on their show last week, so TLC holds the cards here. Boob will comply, because Boob loves him some cash. Given next week's show is one of those godawful "All About...." shows, they need all the extra eyeballs that they can muster, because those shows have been notoriously low-rated. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Pennie Layne said:

William Gothard Seewald might do it.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Pennie Layne said:

Aaaaand Baby Bey and Amal already know for sure they are having twins because they go to real OBGYNs.

• Love 13

I wonder if Ben and Jessa get to deposit their TLC earnings and any magazine payouts into their own personal bank account or if Boob demands it goes into the General Duggar Account which of course only he has access to?

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, Caracoa1 said:

I wonder if Ben and Jessa get to deposit their TLC earnings and any magazine payouts into their own personal bank account or if Boob demands it goes into the General Duggar Account which of course only he has access to?

That's a good question. I'd like to think Jessa is savvy enough to insist the money goes into her account, but she's still under Boob's thumb as far as the free house goes. It wouldn't surprise me if Boob collects all the checks and just gives the married couples a monthly allowance. I know a very wealthy family who's dynamics are quite similar to the Duggars. None of the children have access to trust funds or anything else. Daddy gives them a stipend and all bills are paid through his accountant. They live in million dollar houses and drive Benzes but literally have nothing to their name. It's like the Dillards and Seewalds with better clothing and $500 ombre dye jobs instead of banana curls. 

• Love 8
18 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

That's a good question. I'd like to think Jessa is savvy enough to insist the money goes into her account, but she's still under Boob's thumb as far as the free house goes. It wouldn't surprise me if Boob collects all the checks and just gives the married couples a monthly allowance. I know a very wealthy family who's dynamics are quite similar to the Duggars. None of the children have access to trust funds or anything else. Daddy gives them a stipend and all bills are paid through his accountant. They live in million dollar houses and drive Benzes but literally have nothing to their name. It's like the Dillards and Seewalds with better clothing and $500 ombre dye jobs instead of banana curls. 

Are they that god awful Chrisley family?

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, Kokapetl said:

Are they that god awful Chrisley family?

Lulz, no. They're from Boston, where I grew up. However, the kids in this family are a bunch of lazy, useless lumps just like the Duggar offspring and the in-law husbands are spineless beta males just like Bin and Derick. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 6

If someone gets their income from reality tv and various publications, and they get paid for certain 'reveals' or announcements, then I don't blame them for profiting. After all, they already have 2 boys to get through college. :) 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, sometimesy said:

If someone gets their income from reality tv and various publications, and they get paid for certain 'reveals' or announcements, then I don't blame them for profiting. After all, they already have 2 boys to get through college. :) 

Thanks for the belly laugh of irony, followed by sadness for all Duggar offspring.

• Love 14

Jessa will reveal one letter of the the name everyday to keep her smug face pasted on the People website. She will do it randomly and have the leghumpers guess. *eyeroll*

Seriously, who does she think she is? It's not a big deal! She needs to learn from the Bates who have their names picked out and announced even before the baby is born.

• Love 17
2 hours ago, yogi2014L said:

There is not one doubt in my mind that Boob controlls all the money. No question.

I think eventually when the TLC money goes away, the kids will flee.

I agree.

I've posted about this before, but there is a concept called "Biblical Economics" which dovetails nicely with Gothard beliefs. Under this theory, the entire family works together on some joint enterprise (reality TV, house flipping, etc.), the money is pooled, and the "headship" portions out the money as he sees fit. Not only does it dovetail nicely with Gothardism, but it also works well with JB's cheapness, and his need for control.

I don't really think he has to work too hard to keep Ben in line either. All he has to do a quote a few Bible verses at Ben, and make sure that there is enough money for Starbucks and "date night" and spring for the occassional on-line Bible-study class, and Ben's on-board.

• Love 10
7 hours ago, Lunera said:

Jessa will reveal one letter of the the name everyday to keep her smug face pasted on the People website. She will do it randomly and have the leghumpers guess. *eyeroll*

Seriously, who does she think she is? It's not a big deal! She needs to learn from the Bates who have their names picked out and announced even before the baby is born.

Who does she think she is?  Well, she's the one and only Jessa DUGGAR Seewald, for Pete's sake!  She's a mega-celebrity, TV Star!  Don't you know that??  Because she certainly thinks the rest of the world does!!!!

• Love 6
8 hours ago, Joe Jitsu913 said:

Baby name prediction: 

Tozer Finley Seewald,  Felix Oswald Seewald,    Sebastian Swammerdam Seewald 

Maybe the last one was a bit overkill? 

Ha!  I read the second name as Felix Oscar......ah, make it so.

• Love 9
18 hours ago, Lunera said:

Even if she revealed one letter per day for 8 or 10 days and "fans" had to scramble it, nobody would still be able to figure it out. I'm positive.

Edited by drafan
  • Love 5

From idle curiosity a day or two ago, I went to the "Babies" section of the People magazine website, and scrolled all the way through. There was a lot of content, but I didn't see a word about any Duggar. Poor Jessa, she popped out that kid just days ago, and her story's already buried under news of bigger celebrities. (I'm not a People subscriber; maybe the premium/subscription section has Duggar stuff. It also seems that they've either deleted or super-hidden the "search" function on the People site, so I couldn't look for Duggar news there anymore.)

• Love 4