Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

10 minutes ago, dargosmydaddy said:

I thought Quincey was always meant to be the fetus nickname. Ben's sister blabbed a different name... Gabriel, I think?

I thought I read Gabriel too.  I like that name.

• Love 7
45 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Yes, it was Gabriel. 

And here she is with Seemonkey #2. Looks like the TTH? Jessa's walls are more green, and the wall art isn't right. 

Screenshot_20170207-163839.thumb.png.2a192cfc6fadbc1e84a4ee9dc07de461 (282x500).jpg

Looks like the horse that Ben drew to the left and right above Jessica's head looks like a corner of the sports team thing Jessa and Ben have tacked randomly their the wall.

• Love 2

I thought they had a leather couch on that wall. Maybe they've traded it in? Because the other wall, where she is sitting, you would be able to see the HUGE pencil drawing of the Seewalds that's next to the front door. 

On February 6, 2017 at 5:45 PM, Arwen Evenstar said:

Anna giving birth on the toilet just wouldn't normally happen.  There's reasons a woman gets an enema in a hospital  / birthing center..for the convenience of the docs not to get sprayed with it, cleanliness in case of tearing/need for episiotomy, and so she doesn't need to poop mid labor and end up with a toilet birth.  If she needs to pee and it's early labor, but later, it's a bed pan.

I don't think Duggar home births consider these things. They probably don't talk about them if they do.

Teresa shouldn't have let Anna go to the bathroom...

Looks like Jessa mercifully had an easy labor and delivery this time...glad for her for that....

Doctors/midwives/nurse practitioners stopped ordering enemas years ago.  I worked L&D in the early 90's, and we didn't give enemas even then.  As for "Teresa shouldn't have let Anna go to the bathroom":  

Anyone who knows anything about childbirth knows that when a woman (who's been laboring for hours and is almost fully dilated) says she has to defecate, you'd better be ready to catch that baby.  The urge to defecate is caused by the baby's head putting pressure on the rectum as it comes down through the birth canal.  Teresa is a blank idiot who doesn't have any business attending any births.

• Love 15

Rumor mill....

Post came from the DFO pic of the baby. Not sure about the author of the post though. It may be that this person was wishfully thinkng and the way they worded this post made it seem like they were buddies with Jessa, and other people ran with it as truth. I guess we'll see...

20170207_192703.png.6ae5a3eb9044b7490c094b8435c7fd5c.png

Edited by Sew Sumi
9 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

Anyone who knows anything about childbirth knows that when a woman (who's been laboring for hours and is almost fully dilated) says she has to defecate, you'd better be ready to catch that baby.  The urge to defecate is caused by the baby's head putting pressure on the rectum as it comes down through the birth canal.  Teresa is a blank idiot who doesn't have any business attending any births.

The first of my friends to give birth told me about enemas during labor..this would have been late 80s. I thought they still did it but since I never gave birth... I didn't know any different. 

I did know that the urge to defecate in full labor was caused by the pressure of the baby's head.  Teresa the Toilet Doula should have known better than to let that happen.  

Just now, Sew Sumi said:

Rumor mill....

Post came from the DFO pic of the baby. 

20170207_192703.png.6ae5a3eb9044b7490c094b8435c7fd5c.png

What another one of those trite, predictable Fundy posts. Precious, wonderful, miracle...now original...um, I mean neat, special...a new season of life...

• Love 2

I remember Teresa the Toilet Doula mentioning something about women feeling like they needed to defecate in labor. I also have never given birth, but I've heard enough stories about, uhm, messy births. I guess Teresa wasn't taking any chances, especially given that there was no licensed midwife in that house. 

• Love 1
On 2/6/2017 at 6:05 PM, doodlebug said:

Sure, but, when a woman is having trouble pushing; it's not unusual to have her get upright into a semi-squatting position and encourage her to push like she would on the toilet.  I've certainly done it with labor patients, however, we don't usually go into the bathroom to do it.  I've done only one delivery on the toilet in 30+ years and it was because the mother insisted on going into the bathroom against advice and refused to move when the kiddo was coming.  She, quite frankly, was a bit of an attention-seeker and I think she just wanted to brag about it afterwards. Delivering in any sort of tight space, including in most bathrooms, is not optimal due to the lack of room to maneuver if the kiddo gets stuck or mom or baby needs immediate assistance.  That's why most birthing beds will convert into a sitting up position and we have squatting bars, birthing chairs, etc.  And, of course, bringing a camera crew into the average  bathroom and filming a birth is an even dumber and potentially more hazardous situation.

Isn't it super unsanitary, too??? Ugh!! 

On 2/6/2017 at 6:05 PM, doodlebug said:

Edited by Tabbygirl521
55 minutes ago, Readalot said:

While the Dr was doing a D&C (I miscarried twins) I could of sworn I was going to poop any second. Exact same sensation. I hope the D Girls never experience what I did. 

Awwww...so sorry for the loss of your twins. I can't imagine how awful that must have been for you.

• Love 8
On 2/6/2017 at 11:10 AM, Arwen Evenstar said:

Adonirum Sponge Bob Squarepants Seewald?

Zwingli Pentateuch Deuteronomy Seewald?

Hyles Tozer Seewald?

Moody Bunyan Seewald?

Dear Lord, please allow the miracle of common sense to descend on these nitwirs to give their child a socially acceptable name...Amen.

I'm guessing Scofield or Tyndale.

I may have mentioned at some point that one of the required classes at Bible college was Pentateuch. My roommate and I called it Pentapuke. 

• Love 1
59 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Awwww...so sorry for the loss of your twins. I can't imagine how awful that must have been for you.

Thank you, it was but time did somewhat heal me. My niece and goddaughter were born within two months of their due date. So everytime they hit a milestone my brain goes "what if?"  They would be 21!  Grateful in later years I was able to carry to term two precious daughters. 

• Love 24

I had my first child in 1982 and no enemas were in sight or mentioned in childbirth class.  However, prior to contractions starting (at about 2 minutes apart) I couldn't get out of the bathroom.  My intestines decided that everything needed to go immediately but I didn't realize labor was starting since it was three weeks before my due date.  That fun adventure was called precipitous labor.

Graham would be a great name for the baby.  But poor Spurgeon...

• Love 3
Just now, Catfin said:

Oh dear, this potential name leak has prompted me to come out of lurker-dom and register. They can't name that baby Graham! That's my son's perfectly good, not overused name! 

There's nothing worse than when a cool, not overused name becomes trendy. 

• Love 5

I'm glad it's a boy if only because every time Jessa/any woman ever posts a pregnancy selfie, some idiot comments "You're carrying high/low! MUST BE A GIRL!" and makes me want to tear my hair out. That's not a thing!

I do love the name Graham but it makes naming your other kid Spurgeon look worse and more perplexing in comparison.

• Love 11

Graham might be problematic as a name because beyond Billy Graham it was first widely known for Rev. Graham the Presbyterian, who is know for two things primarily. One, preaching against sexuality (even for married couples (and especially masturbation of course) because  he felt it was a distraction from spiritual life) and inventing the Graham cracker (Graham flour) which he thought would be so bland as to suppress all bodily urges including sexual appetites! 

I figure the Presbyterian thing wouldn't fly with them, and although the abstinence thing before marriage is great for them, he thought marital sex was pretty icky too. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sylvester_Graham

4 hours ago, xtwheeler said:

Graham might be problematic as a name because beyond Billy Graham it was first widely known for Rev. Graham the Presbyterian, who is know for two things primarily. One, preaching against sexuality (even for married couples (and especially masturbation of course) because  he felt it was a distraction from spiritual life) and inventing the Graham cracker (Graham flour) which he thought would be so bland as to suppress all bodily urges including sexual appetites! 

I figure the Presbyterian thing wouldn't fly with them, and although the abstinence thing before marriage is great for them, he thought marital sex was pretty icky too. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sylvester_Graham

I was thinking the Graham name referred to Billy Graham who was a Southern Baptist minister. 

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

Isn't it super unsanitary, too??? Ugh!! 

That particular area of the body is accustomed to those sorts of things in the vicinity.  We wipe and clean up as needed while the woman pushes.  And more than one kiddo has been born with a bit of mommy's excrement on it.  It's no big deal when you consider the other bodily fluids involved.  Really.

• Love 17
14 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Being Presbyterian wouldn't necessarily turn Ben away from the name.  He was brought up Vision Forum which is more reformed than anything.

There's more than one denomination of Presbyterian and Lutheran, and Baptist (I counted at least 16 denominations within at one time).  

Graham is not an unusual name in the U.K., and we all have to agree it's better than Spurgeon.

3 hours ago, riverblue22 said:

I was thinking the Graham name referred to Billy Graham who was a Southern Baptist minister. 

It could be both. If this poster (likely wishful thinking leghumper) is right. Even Jessica Seewald didn't screw it up this time.

23 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

It could be both. If this poster (likely wishful thinking leghumper) is right. Even Jessica Seewald didn't screw it up this time.

Anyone would think Jessa was a member of the royal family and was birthing the heir to the throne.

Its almost like the name of her baby is a matter of national security!

• Love 15
31 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Anyone would think Jessa was a member of the royal family and was birthing the heir to the throne.

It's not like she's Beyonce or the Cambridges. Geezus.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

It's not like she's Beyonce or the Cambridges. Geezus.

1 hour ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Try telling her that. But...in Fundyland, she probably IS as far as she and her adoring leg humpers are concerned.

They do have fans, and even this board is interested in the name of the baby. Love 'em or hate 'em, they generate interest and the baby name is a great hook to keep interest. Even if it's for a short while.

Edited by sometimesy
  • Love 5
7 minutes ago, sometimesy said:

They do have fans, and even this board is interested in the name of the baby. Love 'em or hate 'em, they generate interest and the baby name is a great hook to keep interest. Even if it's for a short while.

I think most people on this board would wish any expectant mom whether or not she was on TeeVee an easy pregnancy, delivery, and a healthy baby...because human kindness, decency, and karma.

And of course, after the baby is born, we all would want to know the sex and the name.

• Love 11
54 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

I think most people on this board would wish any expectant mom whether or not she was on TeeVee an easy pregnancy, delivery, and a healthy baby...because human kindness, decency, and karma.

And of course, after the baby is born, we all would want to know the sex and the name.

I agree, none of us wish harm on expectants moms and I'm not sure who you were responding to there, but anyway:

She isn't royalty or an A-list celebrity, but I was agreeing with you that she does have adoring fans, and adding that even if people don't love her, or even dislike her, she is generating interest longer by withholding the name.

It could be part of a contract, or just a way of creating traffic to the Seewald family website. No doubt there are people checking social media of people close to them to see if they can get the name first, they don't do that for 'regular' people.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, flyingdi said:

I heard a Facebook rumor, I think in the comments for Lily and Ellis`s page that they named the baby Samson.  Did anyone else hear this?

I just read the comments on Lily's & Ellie's page. A bunch of folks guessing, but I didn't see a Samson.

• Love 1
On February 7, 2017 at 6:49 PM, GeeGolly said:

Looks like the horse that Ben drew to the left and right above Jessica's head looks like a corner of the sports team thing Jessa and Ben have tacked randomly their the wall.

Is that Jessa? Doesn't look like her at all.

1 hour ago, flyingdi said:

I heard a Facebook rumor, I think in the comments for Lily and Ellis`s page that they named the baby Samson.  Did anyone else hear this?

With a Spurgeon Seewald and a Samson Seewald, they'd certainly be making a case for inclusion in Slytherin. Maybe they're learning Parseltongue on the sly.

• Love 13