Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, awaken said:

Interesting that they emphasized his connection with abolishing the slave trade in their video, and skipped over the Catholicism!

Bbbbbbu aren't all Duggar females enslaved, yet marketed as having a "servant's heart"? Jessa can't recognize irony.

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, awaken said:

Interesting that they emphasized his connection with abolishing the slave trade in their video, and skipped over the Catholicism!

They were talking about William Wilberforce. They say they named the kid for him. He was the anti-slave-trade guy.

But: they named their son "Henry Wilberforce." Henry Wilberforce was William's son, and he was the one who became an Anglican clergyman and later converted to Catholicism, and as a Catholic was passionately and publicly opposed to Protestant "missions" to convert Catholics. 

The Seewalds say that well, the kid's middle name is for William Wilberforce and the "Henry" is a random name they liked. That's probably true. And awkward. Because however they did it, they gave the kid the name of a 19th Century Protestant-turned-Catholic who was prominent enough to have a Wikipedia page. Heh.

• Love 15

They should really go back and change Spurgeon's birth certificate and flip his first and middle names to be consistent. The kid is young enough to get used to Elliot.

Sidebar- Petra changed Elsa's name to Ellie on Jane the Virgin because she was tired of the Frozen references (her other daughter is named Anna).

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Jeeves said:

They were talking about William Wilberforce. They say they named the kid for him. He was the anti-slave-trade guy.

But: they named their son "Henry Wilberforce." Henry Wilberforce was William's son, and he was the one who became an Anglican clergyman and later converted to Catholicism, and as a Catholic was passionately and publicly opposed to Protestant "missions" to convert Catholics. 

The Seewalds say that well, the kid's middle name is for William Wilberforce and the "Henry" is a random name they liked. That's probably true. And awkward. Because however they did it, they gave the kid the name of a 19th Century Protestant-turned-Catholic who was prominent enough to have a Wikipedia page. Heh.

It's like they had a girl and named her "Josie" because they liked the name, and middle name "Duggar" to honour Michelle, and then get really pissed off when people thought they named baby after Josie Duggar.  What do you THINK people are going to assume, dickwads?

The Seewald family sign-off is like what happens when I introduce a group of friends, all of whom I have known as adults with adult names, and then one friend who still has their college nickname "Sarah, these are my friends - Anne, Simon, James and pac-meister." 

• Love 4

I couldn't have cared less when the baby was nameless and I don't care now. But Henry?? What a dull boring name - it's very middle to upper class here. Not typically American I'd have thought.

They are far too dumb to be informed of what they do. At least the baby has a decent name, unlike poor Spurgeon. I hope he'll change to Elliot.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Adeejay said:

According to an article in the UK Daily Mail, some family members are calling Spurge - "Quincy".  Personally, I prefer the name "Elliot".  Jessa being the bitch that she is, doubled down on Spurgeon when she heard and read what others thought about the name.  I think it's the worst "celebrity's kid" name, ever.  It beats Apple, Banjo, Kal-el, North and Blue. 

For me, Spurgeon is tied with Pilot Inspektor as the worst baby  name.

• Love 7

I think it's the worst "celebrity's kid" name, ever.  It beats Apple, Banjo, Kal-el, North and Blue. 

I would have to say that Dweezil is also pretty bad, but I can also say  it's weird in a cool sorta way

HA!  just coming here to say that it beats Moon Unit and Dweezil.  Great minds

“Right now we have two kids and there’s two of us, so it’s man-to-man coverage,” adds Ben. “When we have more, we’ll have to switch it up to a zone defense!”

I LAUGHED SO HARD

So Jessa plans a very large family, just like mom.  It's highly annoying that TLC makes this possible.  Can this dull family stay on the air long enough for Jessa to have a half dozen kids and her own laundry room breakdown?  Poor Jenny and Jordyn, they are going to be pulled in many directions as slave laborers as they mind Jill's, Jessa's, and possibly Joy's kids.

• Love 1

“My mom always says, ‘Love doesn’t divide, it multiplies,’ ” Jessa tells PEOPLE. “It’s so true.”

I just...have no words. 

21 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

“My mom always says, ‘Love doesn’t divide, it multiplies,’ ” Jessa tells PEOPLE. “It’s so true.”

I just...have no words. 

Does Jessa watch Sister Wives? It's Kody's line.

• Love 12
30 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

So Jessa wants a bigger house? Is Daddy Duggar going to foot the bill for that or will they buy some hovel on the cheap and make the boys fix it up?

Or MAYBE she could use the money she's earning from the show, her book royalties (snerk), and fees from speaking engagements. 

• Love 1

I don't believe that Jessa loves the idea of being pregnant every year until she reaches menopause. She just parrots what her parents say "children are a blessing and we'll take how ever many god wants to give us" blah blah blah. Before she married she mentioned the idea of waiting a few years before having children and she was never really motherly. She loves her kids but obviously doesn't want a horde of them even though she keeps saying she does. 

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, Lunera said:

I don't believe that Jessa loves the idea of being pregnant every year until she reaches menopause. She just parrots what her parents say "children are a blessing and we'll take how ever many god wants to give us" blah blah blah. Before she married she mentioned the idea of waiting a few years before having children and she was never really motherly. She loves her kids but obviously doesn't want a horde of them even though she keeps saying she does. 

Gurl's gotta toe the line until she's in a position to give Boob the middle finger, leave the compound, and make her own way in the world.

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

That's that Douchebag Cody's line from the opening of Sister Wives!  I thought Mullet didn't watch TV haha.

Remember that creepy ass episode of 19 kids when the kids decorated the parent's hotel room for their anniversary getaway ? That little one liner was on one of the post it notes they put on the bed. SOOOOOOOOOO CREEEPPPYYYYYYYYYY

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

That's that Douchebag Cody's line from the opening of Sister Wives!  I thought Mullet didn't watch TV haha.

I bet it's her guilty pleasure. She probably wishes she had a bunch of sister wives to take JB away for the week.

Edited by Lunera
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, Lemur said:

C'mon now.  At least "Henry" is spelled correctly.  If it was Josh and Anna, it's be "Hinree".

Well, Jessa will pronounce it "Hinree."  Does that count?

5 hours ago, gunderda said:

Spurge is gonna be so PO'd when he's old enough to realize he got stuck with the crappy and weirdo name!!!

Poor Henry...beaten up weekly by The Spurginator just because he has a normal name.

I'd bet a week's worth of Duggar Family Starbucks purchases that Bin totally wanted Wilberforce to be the kid's first name.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 10
9 hours ago, MunichNark said:

I couldn't have cared less when the baby was nameless and I don't care now. But Henry?? What a dull boring name - it's very middle to upper class here. Not typically American I'd have thought.

They are far too dumb to be informed of what they do. At least the baby has a decent name, unlike poor Spurgeon. I hope he'll change to Elliot.

Henry has become more popular in the past few years here in the US.  I remember back when Diana and Charles had Prince Henry AKA Harry, I wondered why they were giving their kid an 'old man' name.  Nowadays, Henry is back in style, maybe because of the Prince.  Henry was a not uncommon name in rural America back in the day, it wouldn't have major class connotations.  Think of Hank Williams and Dorothy's Uncle Henry in The Wizard of Oz.

• Love 4

Here's the latest research on William Wilberforce.  Not only did his son Henry convert from the Anglian church to Catholicism, but William had two other sons who converted as well.  So much for the Protestant spiritual leader whose own family didn't follow in his footsteps.

William was an opium addict who was addicted for 45 years until his death. He ingested the drug in large quantities, three times a day.  The dangerous and addictive nature of opium was well known at that time.

Wilberforce took opium before he gave speeches in the House of Commons and credited his opium use with his performance: "To that, I owe all my success as a public speaker."

One researcher wrote, "During his life, Wilberforce's 'nervous condition' expressed itself in occasional seizures of so alarming a character that, for hours he was utterly insensible."

Fast forward thirteen years and envision a teenaged Henry Wilberforce Seewald discovering he was named for a drug addict!

The Seewalds had nine months to research names for their baby.  Didn't they learn how to do basic research in their home schools????

• Love 13
19 hours ago, Adeejay said:

According to an article in the UK Daily Mail, some family members are calling Spurge - "Quincy".  Personally, I prefer the name "Elliot".  Jessa being the bitch that she is, doubled down on Spurgeon when she heard and read what others thought about the name.  I think it's the worst "celebrity's kid" name, ever.  It beats Apple, Banjo, Kal-el, North and Blue. 

Looks like a list of dog names.

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, Mollie said:

The Seewalds had nine months to research names for their baby.  Didn't they learn how to do basic research in their home schools????

Ha, ha.  Seewalds doing research.  That's a good one.

• Love 8

As much as it pains me, I do have to give the Seewalds credit for breaking that first name, same letter thing that the rest of the clan does.  Even Henry's middle name doesn't start with an S.  Let's see if the Ding-Dong Dillys follow suit.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Lunera said:

I agree. I think the only reason she got pregnant with #2 so quickly was to beat Jill at something!

• Love 4

I like the name Henry, or nickname Harry.  I named my first son Nathan after my dear grandpa, and you would not believe how many people chastised me for giving him an "old man" name.  I said I hoped he would spend most of his life as a man and besides I loved my grandpa.  He has never had a nickname and he is nearing 50 and he loves his name.  That we are Jewish and Nathan was a prophet in the Old Testament didn't play into the choice of names for my son.  Just my dear grandpa.

• Love 14

They look like a nice, normal young family there. Similar to the photos my sister took after she had her second (right before her 23rd birthday, but both she and her partner were employed, and self-supporting).

Spurge is a cutie.

• Love 6
11 hours ago, gunderda said:

Spurge is gonna be so PO'd when he's old enough to realize he got stuck with the crappy and weirdo name!!!

This quote from the People magazine interview caught my attention, "Jessa also revealed Spurgeon Elliot will go by the nickname Quincy."  Surprising, given how inflexible and unwavering they were about the name. 

The fact that the Seewalds got the cover over the Clooneys, means the Seewalds move more copies.  Impressive.   

Edited by Adeejay
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, heatherrrrz said:

“Right now we have two kids and there’s two of us, so it’s man-to-man coverage,” adds Ben. “When we have more, we’ll have to switch it up to a zone defense!”

I LAUGHED SO HARD

I know bin feels this is incredibly clever and witty. I am a healthcare provider for children, and parents make this same exact comment literally several times per day at my office!  And every single one of them thinks it's very original!

• Love 10
2 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

I like the name Henry, or nickname Harry.  I named my first son Nathan after my dear grandpa, and you would not believe how many people chastised me for giving him an "old man" name.  I said I hoped he would spend most of his life as a man and besides I loved my grandpa.  He has never had a nickname and he is nearing 50 and he loves his name.  That we are Jewish and Nathan was a prophet in the Old Testament didn't play into the choice of names for my son.  Just my dear grandpa.

Aw, I love that. We are also Jewish, and my son was named Asher after his maternal Great Grandfather. We love the name, however we've been surprised to see it showing up on so many baby name "trending" lists... 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Emme said:

Aw, I love that. We are also Jewish, and my son was named Asher after his maternal Great Grandfather. We love the name, however we've been surprised to see it showing up on so many baby name "trending" lists... 

asher is my VERY most favorite boy name and has been for years. if i had heard it when i had my kids, i would have an asher of my own. i tried for one of the the boy grandsons to be named asher but no luck there. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, awaken said:

I know bin feels this is incredibly clever and witty. I am a healthcare provider for children, and parents make this same exact comment literally several times per day at my office!  And every single one of them thinks it's very original!

This. I've heard this 100000000x. 

• Love 1

All bets are off with regard to "old person" baby names. My (adorable) 5-month-old grandson is named Walter. Many people don't bat an eye when they hear his name because there are other little Walts out there.

I think Henry's a fine name, and the family pics are undeniably cute.

• Love 4