Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

36 minutes ago, NotthebadVictoria said:

Well, Thank God for Aunt Lauren.... at least someone in the family has recognized Jessa needs to fix her mowgli children’s hair. 

From your keyboard to God's ears. There was a time when Spurge's tumbling curls were cute. That time is past. Jessa's kids just look unkempt and unwashed these days. 

• Love 24

It may be just me, but does anyone else find wrapping a gift still in its (Amazon) shipping box is tacky?  There seemed to be a lot of those.

I hope TLC is not taping these super-spreader events that these numbfucks seem to be having on the regular.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

It may be just me, but does anyone else find wrapping a gift still in its (Amazon) shipping box is tacky?  There seemed to be a lot of those.

What's the alternative--a different Amazon box? Haha, at my house 95% of the boxes came from Amazon, and I grab whatever's handy and the right size. So...box it came in. LOL

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 20

That pic of Spurge, Mack and Josie tucked between two chairs with the tree in the background is so odd. It gives me creepy fairytale vibes. It looks like a promo picture for a scary gnome version mash-up of Hansel and Gretel and The Secret Garden with a little Jeremiah Johnson thrown in.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I don't know much about filters, but I often suspect that Anna's and Jessa's kids have that Uncanny Valley look in pics because of excessive filtering. But I'm thrown off by the new pic including poor Josie, who notoriously doesn't photograph as well. She looks good in the Christmas tree pic, but she doesn't look like an android. Maybe Mac and Spurge really do have naturally beautiful complexions. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, emma675 said:

I'll be honest, with the exception of Henry, I think Jessa's kids are the least attractive. However, I've noticed that the least attractive young kids grow into the most attractive adults.

I've found that to be true as well, at least in my own extended family.

• Love 7

Someone asked Jessa if Jill was part of the gift exchange and Jessa said yes. Was that video considered the gift exchange because I didn't see Jill at all. Unless that will be on the show, so they had to hide, but I doubt it.

Observations: I see Lauren didn't pass her "fashion" sense onto her husband, he looked like a slob in the white see through t-shirt..lol. I'm going to say Henry passed out somewhere on the floor after they were all done. The ice cream JB opened was pretty much melted, so that probably was a treat. Would've loved to see how they got Ivy's hand out of that bottle, looked like it was going to hurt no matter how they got it out. Besides Josie and Jana, I couldn't tell you which girl is who(or the boys). All I know is they either look like Jana or Joy. Spurge seems to be entering the phase Izzy was in for awhile, trying to get attention from Jessa when her's seems to always be on Ivy. Watching without the sound is always better..lol

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, Madtown said:

Someone asked Jessa if Jill was part of the gift exchange and Jessa said yes. Was that video considered the gift exchange because I didn't see Jill at all. Unless that will be on the show, so they had to hide, but I doubt it.

At around  12 minutes James is face timing with the Dillards, you can see Sam and Izzy also at the same time Ben has Jeremey on his phone.  So I think they participated in the gift exchange but I don't know if they were invited to be there in person.   

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, auntieminem said:

At around  12 minutes James is face timing with the Dillards, you can see Sam and Izzy also at the same time Ben has Jeremey on his phone.  So I think they participated in the gift exchange but I don't know if they were invited to be there in person.   

Thanks for the information. I didn't pay attention to who was on the phone with who as I FF through some of it..lol That makes sense to Jessa's "yes" to the question.

29 minutes ago, tabloidlover said:

That video gave me anxiety.  Jess’s puts her kids in the car with no shoes??  It’s winter ❄️ for crying out loud

Yeah, but it's winter in Arkansas. It could be in the 30s one day and pushing 70 the next. Plus, if my cousin's kids are anything to go by, some kids run hot and some kids are impossible to keep clothes on. I hate defending Jessa, she's the worst, but I can't fault her for this.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

I don't know, I grew up in a household where I was told "We're not leaving this house until you have your shoes on".  Seems like a basic parenting move most would do.  Maybe Henry is one of those fussy kids who can't handle shoes all the time.  It could have been a mjor production, so they decided to let him go barefoot.

• Love 7
59 minutes ago, Madtown said:

Thanks for the information. I didn't pay attention to who was on the phone with who as I FF through some of it..lol That makes sense to Jessa's "yes" to the question.

I just looked at some of it again and when I think Gideon was opening a gift and Joy?  told him it was from Sam Sam.  It was a toy computer.  Jill was also shown on the phone when Jenny was putting on a hat, I assume Jill gave her.  That was a madhouse but none of them seem to be notice.  I would be running out of there after 10 minutes or less.  

Now about Santa. When did the Duggars start doing Santa?  On Jill & Dericks last Q&A they talked about Santa and Jill said there was no Santa when they were growing up, which would have been easy since they were isolated and no public school.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
14 hours ago, Portia said:

What's the alternative--a different Amazon box? Haha, at my house 95% of the boxes came from Amazon, and I grab whatever's handy and the right size. So...box it came in. LOL

Like I said, it's probably just me!  I buy the white gift boxes (but then again, I don't have an army to give presents to.)

• Love 3
Just now, xwordfanatik said:

Like I said, it's probably just me!  I buy the white gift boxes (but then again, I don't have an army to give presents to.)

I’m with you, @xwordfanatik. My husband always wraps whatever shipping box the item came in. This year he taped the boxes with duct tape. We have a bunch of gift boxes next to the wrapping paper in the basement but he “forgets” every year. Next year I’m going to pull them out for him.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

I’m with you, @xwordfanatik. My husband always wraps whatever shipping box the item came in. This year he taped the boxes with duct tape. We have a bunch of gift boxes next to the wrapping paper in the basement but he “forgets” every year. Next year I’m going to pull them out for him.

Amazon also has the gift-wrapping option with those nice reusable bags.  My daughter sends gifts for us that way, and this year, I reciprocated and did the same for what I sent to her & her husband.  Mr. Xword and I don't exchange with one another.  We'll buy a goodie or two for ourselves, and call it done.  He would probably do what your husband does.

• Love 4

I just can't bring myself to spend $4.99 per gift for wrapping from Amazon, except for my Mom. I'm afraid I had my recipients wrap the gifts I sent. Well, not their own - it involved a lot of texting, so maybe paying the money would have been worth it!

• Love 5

My observations from the video:

Anna and Smuggar look rough. She must edit the hell out of their pictures, because they both appear a good 25 lbs. heavier in live action.

Gideon, Gracie, Bella: adorable.

Austin didn't even have his coat off yet and still looked ready to leave.

That breakfast spread was pretty paltry, even if it was only intended for the family still living at the house. 

It seemed like Boob and Michelle barely interacted with any of the kids.

I wasn't a fan of Lauren's hat, but her blonde highlights were pretty.

I'd love to know the deal with Jill, whether she declined due to covid or wasn't invited.

• Useful 1
  • Love 14

I don’t think the Dillards attended Christmas Day gathering last year either, so I’m guessing Dreck has decided their family needs to stay away. I don’t think Boob would outright ban them, but maybe puts so many conditions and restrictions that they don’t bother. I think last year James delivered the Dillards gifts to them, but my memory could be off.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, emma675 said:

Yeah, but it's winter in Arkansas. It could be in the 30s one day and pushing 70 the next. Plus, if my cousin's kids are anything to go by, some kids run hot and some kids are impossible to keep clothes on. I hate defending Jessa, she's the worst, but I can't fault her for this.

This is true, but Christmas Day was cold as hell here. It was about 15 degrees and the wind chill was around 9 that morning, and it stayed chilly and windy all day. I am hot-natured, so I am not much of one for winter wear even when I actually need it, but if she didn't have shoes on them on Christmas Day in that weather, that's pretty awful in my book. 

If they did Christmas yesterday, though, I'll give her a pass since it was in the 60s. 

• Love 12
47 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

I don’t think the Dillards attended Christmas Day gathering last year either, so I’m guessing Dreck has decided their family needs to stay away. I don’t think Boob would outright ban them, but maybe puts so many conditions and restrictions that they don’t bother. I think last year James delivered the Dillards gifts to them, but my memory could be off.

I think it was Jer who delivered their gifts last year.

• Love 2

That's really sad that Jill is the only one not invited. Boob is an ass. 

Bless Lauren for keeping up the boho chic. Any signs of individuality are welcome.

And why does Joy always wear the same stretchy black skirt? If she wants to keep the modesty rules there are other choices.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, louannems said:

I'd forgotten just how echo-y the Big House is.  The noise level is crazy.

I agree about the noise level. I would have one massive headache when I left.

Just a few observations:

The photo album Lauren gave Michelle was a very thoughtful gift.

Someone up thread commented on using Amazon shipping boxes to wrap a gift in. My opinion is it all depends on the gift. I don't think it's a problem if it is a heavier gift.  I had to use a cardboard shipping box for a heavy gift I gave my MIL this year.  It would have definitely ripped thru a gift bag. Even a regular gift box was too thin. So I just left it in shipping box & wrapped that. 

Why do they have to tell us their bacon is turkey bacon? They mentioned it in describing a breakfast casserole. (1) Is it to remind us they do eat healthy food?  (2) Or are they just used to saying turkey & bacon together? I'm going with choice #1.

Speaking of food, that lunch Buffet looked rather ________. (I can't think of word I want to use. Maybe someone can help me.)  I'm thinking "bla-sa"  (?? Spelling) would describe it.

First of all, can't they remove the cooking bags from the brisket & whatever other meat they had?  Yes, the bags are great to cook in but please remove bag to make food look more presentable.  Who wants to eat something that is floating around in gravy or cooking juices along with a plastic cooking bag? Just yuk!!  

Did they show the plates & utensils they used? I wasn't paying attention but I'm sure it was their usual cheap brand of paper plates that couldn't hold much before collapsing.  

Why didn't Jim Bob put the melting ice cream back in the freezer to firm it up? It would probably be at least a half an hour before it would be eaten for dessert. Plus it looked like he placed it right in front where it could be knocked on the floor.

I grew up in the 60's and loved playing with baby dolls and Barbies. I think me & my friend played with them til we were 13.  It seems that trend has gone by the wayside. I'm always happy to see the Duggar girls get baby dolls and their accessories but I keep thinking they probably get them just to prepare themselves to be a real Mommy at 19 and not just to play with them. 

Well my final observation is we didn't need to see Jim Bob & Michelle kissing at the end. It was probably under the mistletoe but I don't care where it was.  It was just gross and put a damper on my  Christmas spirit. 

Edited by Barb23
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

Even though you will pull the boxes out for him he won't use them. 

• LOL 2
1 hour ago, Barb23 said:

Speaking of food, that lunch Buffet looked rather ________. (I can't think of word I want to use. Maybe someone can help me.)  I'm thinking "bla-sa"  (?? Spelling) would describe it.

I think you mean to say - 

blasé

(ˈblɑːzeɪ)

adj

1. indifferent to something because of familiarity or surfeit

2. lacking enthusiasm; bored

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Barb23 said:

I agree about the noise level. I would have one massive headache when I left.

Just a few observations:

The photo album Lauren gave Michelle was a very thoughtful gift.

Someone up thread commented on using Amazon shipping boxes to wrap a gift in. My opinion is it all depends on the gift. I don't think it's a problem if it is a heavier gift.  I had to use a cardboard shipping box for a heavy gift I gave my MIL this year.  It would have definitely ripped thru a gift bag. Even a regular gift box was too thin. So I just left it in shipping box & wrapped that. 

Why do they have to tell us their bacon is turkey bacon? They mentioned it in describing a breakfast casserole. (1) Is it to remind us they do eat healthy food?  (2) Or are they just used to saying turkey & bacon together? I'm going with choice #1.

First of all, can't they remove the cooking bags from the brisket & whatever other meat they had?  Yes, the bags are great to cook in but please remove bag to make food look more presentable.  Who wants to eat something that is floating around in gravy or cooking juices along with a plastic cooking bag? Just yuk!!  

Did they show the plates & utensils they used? I wasn't paying attention but I'm sure it was their usual cheap brand of paper plates that couldn't hold much before collapsing.  

Why didn't Jim Bob put the melting ice cream back in the freezer to firm it up? It would probably be at least a half an hour before it would be eaten for dessert. Plus it looked like he placed it right in front where it could be knocked on the floor.

I grew up in the 60's and loved playing with baby dolls and Barbies. I think me & my friend played with them til we were 13.  It seems that trend has gone by the wayside. I'm always happy to see the Duggar girls get baby dolls and their accessories but I keep thinking they probably get them just to prepare themselves to be a real Mommy at 19 and not just to play with them. 

Well my final observation is we didn't need to see Jim Bob & Michelle kissing at the end. It was probably under the mistletoe but I don't care where it was.  It was just gross and put a damper on my  Christmas spirit. 

That mistletoe kiss was disgusting. 🤮

• Love 12
2 hours ago, ozziemom said:

I think last year James delivered the Dillards gifts to them, but my memory could be off.

2 hours ago, SMama said:

I think it was Jer who delivered their gifts last year.

Yes, it was Jer. I don't think they trust James around Jill without a chaperone (see his birthday outing where Jana tagged along).

• Useful 1
11 hours ago, beckie said:

Were the Caldwell's there, too? Lauren was playing a duet on the piano with Joy, and I saw a few boys who definitely weren't Duggars. And boy has Tyler shot up!

I believe so. I didn't see Paul or Christina, but I saw Kendra's grandmother. And, the little boy in the box did not look like a Duggar grandchild, so I'm guessing he's a baby brother of Kendra's.

That's really sad that Jill is the only one not invited. Boob is an ass. 

In a comment on one of her posts, Jessa claims that the Dillards were invited to the Christmas gathering, but chose to celebrate with Derrick's family instead. I can believe this or not, as I equally believe that Jim Bob is an asshole, and that Derrick/Jill would play up their outcast role to get more viewers and more money for their YouTube videos. I can see Derrick especially as wanting to make the Duggars look as bad possible, even going so far as to make things up.

• Love 9
19 minutes ago, Kellyee said:

In a comment on one of her posts, Jessa claims that the Dillards were invited to the Christmas gathering, but chose to celebrate with Derrick's family instead. I can believe this or not, as I equally believe that Jim Bob is an asshole, and that Derrick/Jill would play up their outcast role to get more viewers and more money for their YouTube videos. I can see Derrick especially as wanting to make the Duggars look as bad possible, even going so far as to make things up.

Yeah there’s invited and then there’s “you may come but no one on one talks with anyone” etc. I can definitely see Boob trying to limit any interactions with the Dillards. And coming from a small family Derick may feel they would be missed far more by his mom than by Meechelle and Boob. Big gatherings like at the TTH would be overwhelming and maybe he doesn’t want that for his kids.

• Love 16

I can see everyone being okay with the "invite" except Derick. JB figuring they won't come and if they did, he could ignore Derick easy enough, as could any siblings, too. But I'm guessing Derick knows he wouldn't be anyone's favorite guest after he went after JB.

Right or wrong, I'm guessing there's a chance I would side with my dad if my BIL brought in lawyers, even if I thought I understood why.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 2
17 hours ago, Barb23 said:

Why do they have to tell us their bacon is turkey bacon? They mentioned it in describing a breakfast casserole.

I think it was because they have said in the past that they don't eat pork (a claim which I think they're lying about, by the way).

• Useful 2
  • Love 12