Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

On 1/1/2021 at 3:33 AM, iwantcookies said:

2021 goals for Jessa. Jessa and the boys get REAL haircuts!

I really don't understand why she thinks that the messy untidy mop of her eldest son looks good. It doesn't. Henry's not so bad, he seems to get his hair brushed at least.

Did you notice she was wearing Joggers at her "sistahs!" meeting in the TTH? Seems that most of the girls now wear jeans and trousers, except for the lost girls and the M'girl.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, MunichNark said:

I really don't understand why she thinks that the messy untidy mop of her eldest son looks good. It doesn't. Henry's not so bad, he seems to get his hair brushed at least.

Did you notice she was wearing Joggers at her "sistahs!" meeting in the TTH? Seems that most of the girls now wear jeans and trousers, except for the lost girls and the M'girl.

What meeting at the TTH? She was wearing a green dress in the Christmas video at the TTH, and she wore those pink pants at Joy's house when she met with all of the other sisters.

Keeping kids clean is, IMO, the easiest part of parenting. Bathe your kids on a schedule and do laundry regularly. Sure they'll be days when they get dirty or spill on their clothes or have snotty noses, but it won't be dirt upon grime. 

• Love 14
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Keeping kids clean is, IMO, the easiest part of parenting. Bathe your kids on a schedule and do laundry regularly. Sure they'll be days when they get dirty or spill on their clothes or have snotty noses, but it won't be dirt upon grime. 

Weirdly enough (don't kill me), I kind of get where Jessa is going with her aethetic - if you can call it that. I was somewhat the same when my kids were that age. It was kind of a rebellion against perfection, embracing of the times that playing in mud-puddles was part of childhood, and the picturesque vibe of the urchins in the likes of "Oliver". Dirt was, somehow, a badge of being free from conformity and proof that they were having good, creative fun. I'm not necessarily proud of how that made me come across, but I also don't think it did my kids any harm.

I wonder if Jessa doesn't have a hidden vein of the same sort of Bohemian spirit that Jill seems to have embraced, but is unsure how to express it.

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
10 minutes ago, Zella said:

If it weren't for incidents like Diaper Mountain, I might be willing to buy this. I think she's just a lazy slob. 

I wonder what really went on at the TTH if Jessa thought feces piled up on a dresser was normal mom life? How many commercial cleaning crews did TLC have to hire to get that place presentable for filming?

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
On 12/23/2020 at 8:08 PM, Suzn said:

I always thought the best they could do with the name is to call him Spur.  It would be reminiscent of names used for 50s movie stars like Rock or Tab.

I wonder how many people would think it was Spurt? It's still better than Spurgie.

On 12/23/2020 at 8:38 PM, iwantcookies said:

I was reading an article and a 2 year old girl was named Valkyrie. Spurgeon and Valkyrie sitting in a tree k I s s I n g

In 2018 75 baby girls were named Valkyrie and only 5 were named Spurgeon. Valkyrie for the win! 
I honestly think Spurgeon is going to grow up to be a push-over like Ben so he might as well marry Valkyrie and have some excitement in his life.

On 12/23/2020 at 10:53 PM, GeeGolly said:

Poor Ben. Apparently Jessa only told Ivy what she was up to with the tent. When Jessa asked Ben to guess what she was planning, (like he was one of her kids) he wide grin guessed "big screen TV?". A very short pause before (off camera) Jessa responded, no. I'm guessing she gave him a dirty look before moving on.

Fast forward toward the middle of the video and Jessa told the unenthused and confused kids they could watch a movie in the gigantic tent. Fast forward to near the end and Jessa shared the "movie" they watched - Andy Griffith. 

That exchange was so cringe-worthy. I can't figure out if Ben really didn't know what was happening or if this was a skit made up by Jessa to show how disconnected Ben is when he's home. It was very obvious all he wanted to do was put his ear pods back in and stroll outside.

On 12/24/2020 at 2:47 PM, the-grey-lady said:

EVERY TIME I see Jessa's kids' names, I wonder why they named one kid Spurgeon Elliot and the other Henry Wilberforce? Why let one kid hide the obligatory preacher's name as the middle and stick the other with Spurgeon as a first name?

Spurgeon makes me think of the sound my cat makes when she's working out a hairball.

One theory is Ben got to choose Spurgeon's first name and when he came up with another crazy name for Henry Jessa used it as a middle name. 

• Love 9
35 minutes ago, Nysha said:

I wonder how many people would think it was Spurt? It's still better than Spurgie.

In 2018 75 baby girls were named Valkyrie and only 5 were named Spurgeon. Valkyrie for the win! 
I honestly think Spurgeon is going to grow up to be a push-over like Ben so he might as well marry Valkyrie and have some excitement in his life.

Maybe the kids that were named Spurgeon had parents who were big Jessa fans? 

ETA: Some sites have indicated that Spurgeon is a "boy's" name; other sites have indicated that it's neutral.

Edited by madpsych78
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, MsJamieDornan said:

I will never, ever understand that.    And, I also would never, ever sit on her couch.

The couch is even worse. There was an episode a while back. I think Jessa was "nesting" prior to Henry's birth and Joy came over to help. Jessa gave Joy a damp facecloth to spot clean the couch. A couple minutes into Joy's cleaning, Jessa informs her that the many spots she's cleaning are Spurgie's snot. Joy's face was priceless.

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, MsJamieDornan said:

I just didnt need to know that. 😨

So sorry.  But there's more ...

In addition to amniotic fluid, blood/afterbirth and snot, there's likely food grunge, spit up, poop and pee all over that couch. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

In addition to amniotic fluid, blood/afterbirth and snot, there's likely food grunge, spit up, poop and pee all over that couch. 

...heading to the bathroom to vomit

• LOL 12
18 hours ago, doodlebug said:

My mom was a terrible housekeeper, our house was no showplace; she just didn't enjoy housework and was also plagued by unrecognized depression.  But, her kids left the house looking like they'd seen a bathtub and a hairbrush recently.

We could be related. That pretty much describes my Mom! She has lots of good characteristics as well. Her depression lifted after menopause. 

I think Jessa has positive characteristics in addition to her lackadaisical attitude towards housework and child care. She does seem to love and enjoy her kids. 

Edited by BetyBee
Forgot to add something topic related!
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

The couch is even worse. There was an episode a while back. I think Jessa was "nesting" prior to Henry's birth and Joy came over to help. Jessa gave Joy a damp facecloth to spot clean the couch. A couple minutes into Joy's cleaning, Jessa informs her that the many spots she's cleaning are Spurgie's snot. Joy's face was priceless.

If I'd been Joy, I would have throat-punched the bitch right then and there. 

• LOL 18
13 hours ago, Nysha said:

That exchange was so cringe-worthy. I can't figure out if Ben really didn't know what was happening or if this was a skit made up by Jessa to show how disconnected Ben is when he's home. It was very obvious all he wanted to do was put his ear pods back in and stroll outside.

One theory is Ben got to choose Spurgeon's first name and when he came up with another crazy name for Henry Jessa used it as a middle name. 

We also guessed that Spurgeon was originally meant to be Gabriel, but, when Ben's sister jumped the gun and announced the birth and the name; Jessa, in a fit of pique, decided to change it.  Spurgeon might've originally been the middle name and Jessa went with that in a pinch and then added Elliot so she could pretend 'Gabriel' was never a contender and her SIL was wrong.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
Just now, doodlebug said:

We also guessed that Spurgeon was originally meant to be Gabriel, but, when Ben's sister jumped the gun and announced the birth and the name; Jessa, in a fit of pique, decided to change it.  Spurgeon might've originally been the middle name and Jessa went with that in a pinch and then added Elliot so she could pretend 'Gabriel' was never a contender and her SIL was wrong.

Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face. . . . 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 11
1 minute ago, doodlebug said:

Imagine bring so petty and selfish that you saddle your infant child with that horrible name for the rest of his life, because the name you originally chose accidentally got leaked a little early? I've always thought Jessa was a spoiled, spiteful brat and this story, if true, cemented that for me.

• Love 24
5 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

That phrase sums up Jessa pretty well.

I think I've quoted this before on here, but there's a John Prine song that includes the line "We're gonna spite our noses right off of our faces." 

I think of that a lot whenever Jessa doubles down on her counterproductive bullshit. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 4

I was reading the Counting On show descriptions to try and find the episode when Joy cleaned the couch. It might be, S5 E4 A New Baby. There was a time when Jana was over Jessa's helping get reading for Henry too. I don't know if it was the same episode or if that's this episode.

Does anyone on here have a TLC account, that cares to and has the time to take a look? If I'm remembering correctly, Joy's face really was priceless.

• Love 1
44 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I was reading the Counting On show descriptions to try and find the episode when Joy cleaned the couch. It might be, S5 E4 A New Baby. There was a time when Jana was over Jessa's helping get reading for Henry too. I don't know if it was the same episode or if that's this episode.

Does anyone on here have a TLC account, that cares to and has the time to take a look? If I'm remembering correctly, Joy's face really was priceless.

https://www.theashleysrealityroundup.com/2017/07/12/counting-on-season-3-episode-6-recap-big-question-popping-a-fear-of-finger-chopping/

way down in the review it has this

"Since Austin is about to propose to Joy, Jessa distracts her by asking her to come over to clean her house and make lunch for her. How generous of Jessa.

The first thing Jessa orders Joy to do is clean the couch. You know, the one Jessa just gave birth on. Yuck. Apparently, there’s now also snot on the couch, thanks to The Spurge’s, um, spurges.

Joy joyfully cleans her sister’s couch and says taking care of The Spruge and Henry makes her really look forward to being a mother."

ETA i think season 5 episode 6 is the one though the ashleys say season 3 for some reason. was talked about here

Edited by crazy8s
  • Useful 2
8 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Dried sweat. Sexual fluids. 2 foot long dead hairs. Fragments of Bin’s face pubes. Perfume. Kid drool.

That house must stink.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
31 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Dried sweat. Sexual fluids. 2 foot long dead hairs. Fragments of Bin’s face pubes. Perfume. Kid drool.

That house must stink.

The only possible solution below:

4 hours ago, Absolom said:

Burn it, just burn it and buy a new one.

That must be the most disgusting piece of furniture imaginable.  What is wrong with her?  I mean really she was not brought up to be cleanliness conscious and she is lazy, but she seems to lack basic awareness of hygiene.  This is also disgusting, but I have to wonder about her personal hygiene.  Ewww... I'm sorry.

• Love 14
2 hours ago, Suzn said:

That must be the most disgusting piece of furniture imaginable.  What is wrong with her?  I mean really she was not brought up to be cleanliness conscious and she is lazy, but she seems to lack basic awareness of hygiene.  This is also disgusting, but I have to wonder about her personal hygiene.  Ewww... I'm sorry.

I forgot Covid particles everywhere, too. 

37636B67-2549-4844-B198-C704D2A54C72.jpeg

• LOL 12
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, JoanArc said:

That house must stink.

A couple of weeks ago Jessa posted an IG video of Henry face-planted into that nasty couch while sleeping.  I wanted to hurl just thinking about it.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Why is Spurgie allowed to wipe his snot on the furniture?  *BARF!*

Good grief if one of my kids wiped their snot on the couch and I found out that would be the end of it, there wouldn't be a snot farm growing on my couch... What the hell?!?!?

I thought Spurgie is so smart and has all these sayings??... but he's wiping his snot all over the couch like a moron.

EDIT TO ADD: My mistake thought it was recent behavior, so no blame for Spurgie ❤

Edited by Joan of Argh
Clarity
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
4 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

I thought Spurgie is so smart and has all these sayings??... but he's wiping his snot all over the couch like a moron.

The episode mentioned was when Jessa was pregnant with Henry, so Spurgeon would have been a young toddler. Not that Jessa couldn't have, you know, tried to stop him or wiped it up immediately, but that's on Jessa, not Spurgeon.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
25 minutes ago, dargosmydaddy said:

The episode mentioned was when Jessa was pregnant with Henry, so Spurgeon would have been a young toddler. Not that Jessa couldn't have, you know, tried to stop him or wiped it up immediately, but that's on Jessa, not Spurgeon.

Ohhhhh OK... I thought this was recent behavior.... I forgot it was a reference to an old episode.

Makes me feel better knowing that he was a toddler 👶

• Love 3

The snot thing is super disgusting, but I don't blame Spurgeon either. He was a little kid, and little kids pick their noses. It's on his parents to correct him and teach him that you don't pick your nose and you definitely don't rub the fruits of your nosepicking labor on mommy's disgusting birth couch.

I'm also going to blame Ben just as much for that as Jessa. Though I will blame Jessa specifically for apparently thinking it is funny to make her sister clean that up. What a c*** thing to do to someone who is helping you. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 14
3 minutes ago, Zella said:

The snot thing is super disgusting, but I don't blame Spurgeon either. He was a little kid, and little kids pick their noses. It's on his parents to correct him and teach him that you don't pick your nose and you definitely don't rub the fruits of your nosepicking labor on mommy's disgusting birth couch.

I'm also going to blame Ben just as much for that as Jessa. Though I will blame Jessa specifically for apparently thinking it is funny to make her sister clean that up. What a c*** thing to do to someone who is helping you. 

That's our Jessa. 🙄

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
7 hours ago, Suzn said:

Seriously. And, I'm not even sure this is entirely a Duggar thing. I think this is a Jessa thing...or at least, some Duggars, not all. For example, as was implied, and as has been seen, Joy seems to have higher hygenic standards than Jessa, and I don't even consider Joy very high maintenance. 

I mean, with Jessa, this is the same woman who elected to wear a cardigan, t-shirt, and sweat pants to a gathering at her sister's house, where sure, it's casual, but the other adult women looked like they put more care into themselves, whether they were wearing skirts or jeans. Jessa's idea of styling her hair is to let it hang down and let the natural waves do the work, so to speak.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, skipnjump said:

Maybe, in addition to being lazy, Jessa is trying to make housekeeping so bad at her house that her parents feel sorry for her and send over a sister-Mom to help out.

That would mean her self centered parents would know how messy she is. And would feel sorry for anyone.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3

As gross as that couch and pile of diapers were/are, I wonder how much of Jessa's hair is laying all over that house? How many times do the kids or Ben find it in their food? I can't imagine what the shower drain is like either. I'm pretty sure Ben would never snake it to get the hair out nor would Jessa have a hair catcher over the drain. I also think like others have said, that the house smells. I always think it probably smells like dirty feet.

• Love 8
On 12/30/2020 at 9:59 PM, xwordfanatik said:

It makes me itchy just to look at those too-small pants.  That's got to be so uncomfortable.  And yes, what's with all the beige?  

It was a Joanna Gaines edict.

• LOL 8
10 hours ago, Madtown said:

As gross as that couch and pile of diapers were/are, I wonder how much of Jessa's hair is laying all over that house? How many times do the kids or Ben find it in their food? I can't imagine what the shower drain is like either. I'm pretty sure Ben would never snake it to get the hair out nor would Jessa have a hair catcher over the drain. I also think like others have said, that the house smells. I always think it probably smells like dirty feet.

🤢🤢

My husband has been growing out his hair for the past two years. It is basically just below shoulder length, and his hair is as naturally curly/wavy as Jessa's. He occasionally finds hairs in his food. (He's growing it so that he can eventually donate to a Locks of Love type charity, although maybe not that specific one.) Given that Jessa's hair is more than twice that length, I'm sure she has hair all over the place. In fact, I wouldn't doubt it in any of the households. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 5

Henry is adorable and by far the most photogenic of the kids.

Jessa's side profile in nearly every picture highlights her jaw, which is her least attractive feature. You'd think a professional photographer would've staged her better. 

• Love 9